Frigidaire / Electroluxrefrigerator fghb2866pfea

To whom it may concern.

I purchased a frigidaire gallery refrigerator for $1, 913.24 in december 10, 2014 model #fghb2866 serial # 4a43324329 from lew white appliance, 934 federal rd brookfield ct 06804. See attached paid invoice.
Freezer on the bottom and ice maker in the refrigerator. A few months later we start noticing water dripping from the ice chute and the ice would come out “wet”. I called the lew white’s store and they told me to call frigidaire directly, since I have a one year warranty on it - they gave me frigidaire’s phone # to call. (I spoke to the owner mr white as well, and I got the same answer).
I contacted frigidaire on 10/1/15, and they scheduled an appointment with j&r appliance repair co. For 10/5/15 from 8am - 12pm. The technician replaced the sealing gasket in the ice maker. The problems continued - he came out again 10/14/15 and tried something else, but that didn’t resolve the issues. We called j&r appliance repair company directly to let him know, and joe told me that he couldn’t do anything else for us, and to please call back frigidaire and ask them to send over another technician from a different repair company that might have a different opinion and may could fix it. I called frigidaire again on 11/2/15 and they scheduled an appointment with cne appliance repair company for 11/5/15 and they came out and replaced the ice maker. Soon after that, it stopped working again. So, since they try to fix it for the fourth time without succeeding, then frigidaire agreed to replace it.
So, finally, frigidaire offered to replace the unit and a new one was delivered december 2, 2015. Model #fghb2866pfea serial # 4a53621062 - see attached delivery documentation.
Now, the second refrigerator started doing the something in november 2016 – water dripping – no ice and makes weird noises. I called frigidaire, they sent out a cne tech, he checked it all out and said that his boss was going to make a report to frigidaire, so they would replace the unit for us again. The tech added, that frigidaire has been having these problems with these refrigerators models since 2014 and that it’s a design issue. He also said that the company has fired 18 engineers because they can’t get it right. The tech also discovered a leak in the rear wall of the refrigerator which is a bad sign, he said. Please see pictures attached.
I also had to purchase a one year extended warranty so that I will be covered in the future. See attached paid receipt. This is totally unacceptable since this is a manufacturing defect, and they want the consumer to insure their defected product…and still selling this to the public without disclosing or correct the problem.
We have been waiting for a new part for over a month, which is on back order, so they say… every time I call frigidaire to check on the part, I ask to speak to a supervisor and they never connected me with one. They are just wasting my time over, and over. They all say the same think like they are “programmed” - they sound just like robots… this is very frustrating, and is affecting my health and my quality of life. I’m looking for my money back, and they can come and get this faulty product out my house, since I cannot trust their product any more. I have to buy the rest of my kitchens appliances it won’t be frigidaire that’s for sure. I am not confident that any repairs or replacement will resolve these issues. I spend my time, energy and have no enjoyment nor full use of my investment. This is very sad that people have got go through something like this.