Frigidaire / Electroluxfaulty products and poor customer service

G Nov 01, 2018

We received this fridge when purchasing a house with new appliances. After having moved in we found the fridge was not working on "day 1". It was a new fridge never used but because the process of purchasing and moving in was so long it could not be returned to the store.

We called Frigidaire about how the fridge was not cooling and was new. It was under warranty and they said they'd have it repaired. I argued for a new fridge as no one would want to repair a new fridge right away. They would not replace it and forced us to have it repaired.

Fast forward and the fridge is not even 4 years old yet and starts having the SAME PROBLEM. It's now outside warranty and needs it's SECOND repair. Called Frigidaire and they said they WOULD NOT cover parts and labor to repair the unit.

They try and make ME the bad guy by stating it's outside of warranty so I shouldn't expect it to be repaired even under outstanding circumstances. I've worked with other companies in the past outside of warranty on issues and have been taken care of no problem.

Through it all they made ME feel like the bad guy. They state it's outside of warranty and make me feel as though I shouldn't expect it to be repaired even under outstanding circumstances. They also make multiple references to how I did not purchase an extended warranty. Anyone would expect to NOT need to have a fridge repaired twice in 4 years.

In this case the customer is wrong and bad. They do not stand by their products and do not take care of their customers.