Freedom Debt Reliefbeware!

J Review updated:

Oh my god! They made me believe that they were going to help me and at the end they ripped me off 12, 000 dollars, i am following the law suit a class action is mountin agaist them, even the goverment. They made my debt problem worst sank me in a hole . Justice is needed!

Charles Allie Feb 07, 2020

Freedom Debt Relief is a one sided scam never gives you clear picture of the consequences once signing up like your credit score will crash and other credit cards will be cancelled!! Better off negotiating with creditors yourself and beware of companies like this that does not espouse fair balance. Utilizes 3rd party sales teams to sign you up and then they are not available to talk when credit card companies get wind of you joining this program and they systematically begin cancelling your credit cards. My advice is to communicate directly with creditors and avoid this SCAM company !! On a positive note, I fired them last April and my credit score is now good!!

• Dg
    D. Gurp Jan 08, 2019

Big RIP OFF, SCAM.

• Su
    sunrise423 Jul 16, 2018

They are crooks, liars, and DOES NOT HELP YOU AS A CONSUMER trying to get ahold of your debts/situation! They do not start negotiating with creditors until you are severely delinquent - which I was not delinquent at all, but they put my credit in the toilet. After 2 months of collecting money from me they had not disbursed one penny and when I called them about it they said they don't do that for a period of AT LEAST 6 months usually LONGER! WTH? You are supposed to help me not make my life worse along with make my credit look like crap. I cancelled the program last week, and they were supposed to pay me my entire amount and took over 10% for I don't know what because the ONLY thing they did for me was worsen my credit. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE LIARS, they should be investigated, and put of business for fraud.

• Su
    sunrise423 Jul 17, 2018

@sunrise423 I had to call Crossroads at [protected], ext. 0 to get some of the money back as they are the escrow company that holds the money you pay to FDR, and then was told for the remaining balance to call Litigation Law Group at [protected] which does not think they should refund the money - waiting to talk to a supervisor about this.

• Kt
    kthycer Jul 06, 2017

I am currently with FDR and have been for 3-1/2 years. We were $25, 000 in debt when my husband was laid off and we did not want to file BK so we chose this route. I have all but two credit cards resolved, one which was for $1, 700.00 was settled for approximately $800.00 a few months ago and FDR is currently making payments to the creditor. The other one is $500.00 and hasn't been settled yet. My only complaint is that I noticed they took months to resolve the last two accounts and by doing that, my 3-year plan is turning into a 5-year plan. Now, they are showing that I won't be done with the plan until December 2018 and that's not even including the $500.00 account. I have more than enough money in my FDR escrow account to pay off both of these debts, but when I called them, they said that have to do the payment plans with the creditors because that's what they require. So now they are paying the $800.00 account $40.00/month and taking $100.00 month from me, when, as I said before, I have $2, 200.00 in the account already. We are supposed to receive a refund of any monies still in the account, but I'm not sure I trust waiting until 2018 to find out. I'm looking into cancelling, but I want to find out what the repercussions are.

• La
    Ladyero Apr 13, 2017

BUYER BEWARE!!! Have you taken the time to really calculate what they are charging you to "save" money on your debt? It is a SCAM!!! First they pay themselves 25 % of the total debt you send them, THEN there are phone payment fees, check payment fees, ACH payment fees, settlement fees, etc. etc. etc and if you let them spread the payments out over 30 months all those fees end up multiplying so in essence what they REALLY are doing is negotiating your debt down between 40%-50% off of the original but when you add up their fees you are actually paying MORE than you were initially in debt for. Once I demanded they stop trying to negotiate on our debt and we called the creditors directly we were surprised to find they were willing to negotiate with us directly. We had several debts cut down by 40% with just a simple phone call and did not have to pay a dime extra to get it done. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM !!!

• Yo
    yourmomsmomsmomsmom Mar 22, 2017

I'm in the program right now and am opting for the credit loan which fronts the cash to pay off all the negotiated debt sooner at which point i'd pay the load off. The amount i pay is reasonable but the downside is the loan is 4.5 years with the stipulation that it could be less or more depending on the negotiated settlement of each creditors debt.

• Ol
    olamide09 Oct 03, 2016

This is worst, crap, and ripe off of the highest other. I paid $900 Monthly for FDR, thinking that they will help me out. After about 2yrs, I noticed they make profit of about $7000 from me . They won't tell you the various hiding fees before you start. They will just have you sign. They charged 21% on each of the credit card you enrolled. Monthly fees, payment fees, and others. Government should ban this organization. Its a big scam, BEWARE...DON'T COME NEAR FDR. Talk with the bank and negotiate your self. I realized today 10/3/16 that i was duped by this crazy organization.

• Fe
    fenderse Aug 03, 2016

I would go with another company if I was you. I am not sure what kind of an outfit this is. Told me I was done paying, actually stop withdraws for 3 months, out of the blue started collecting again, saying I still owe money?? what kind of a place does this. All they can say is "sorry" they must be the most apologetic company around. Do your self a favor and go with another company. I will have succeeded if you go with someone else.

ChristineZ Apr 26, 2018

@fenderse I am sure you can always call your bank and stop payments by way of letting your bank know that you no longer authorize the payments beyond the contracted time allotted for payment.

• Iv
    ivonne04 Jul 29, 2016

Hi,
    I have been enrolled almost 2 years and the phone calls do not stop, actually I received documents that a creditor was going to sue me & of course I went called freedom customer service and was told that they do once account at a time they don't notify any of your creditors unless
    you have enough funds and that was a red flag for me. I was never told this in the beginning and they make money from your money you think is being used to pay off creditors, you are not a priority at all. Also if you have sue documents you have to pay more money so they can try to settle faster but means you have to give more than your annual charge... I was told I can settle any of my cases on my own but my monthly fee would not go less or less than 3 years. this is a scam, im waiting for Aug to op out of this program then I will try to settle myself.
    I wish I just filed bankruptcy instead.

• Ro
    Rob Ski Jul 07, 2016

Email responses from the ruthless rep that contacted me from FDR when I told him that I wasn't interested in their plan to help me...
    "At the end of the day, we were going to save you from the mess you created for yourself, now you will have to settle for an inferior option. Good luck!"
    "What, you don’t like hearing the truth? I knew from the beginning with how non-responsive you were that you weren’t really serious about resolving your debt situation, and your response just solidified my initial thoughts."
    "That way of thinking is what got you into this mess, thus my “relentless pursuit” was in an attempt to help you get out of all this b/c you obviously haven’t been able to do so by sitting back & taking the long drawn out approach."
    Apparently, he got upset when I asked him if he used to be a used car salesman... Rob

Mark in NEPA Mar 22, 2016

I have been Freedom for 7 months just settled my last debt today. You must be proactive calling your creditors. I qualified for a loan through them by consistant payments to program. YOU MUST CONTACT THE CREDITORS YOURSELF and they will help you lower the settlement amounts

• Re
    Reviewer40151 Feb 08, 2016

I was just inquiring about what programs they have, I received an
    e-mail from Sherry Campbell telling me what options programs they
    have, then I received 2 more e-mails saying what my debt was and I needed to finish my application. First of all, I never started an application, and second I didn't give permission to run my credit.

• Mi
    minkman Aug 26, 2015

These people are incompetent scam artists...The biggest mistake of my life...You can do all this on your own...They hire people off the streets to handle your life issues...Total manipulators

john matt Aug 25, 2015

BEWARE
    Freedom Debt Relief is a thief, also their affiliate CFT Pay is a thief. I had signed up with Freedom Debt Relief, and they claimed they would settle all my accounts. They withdrew $1, 030.00 per month from my checking account. They claimed they would settle the accounts, every settlement, the credit card company or debt collector would contact me for a settlement and I would direct them to Freedom Debt Relief. FDR would contact me about 2 weeks later and claim they reached a settlement with so & so and I needed to approve the settlement cause it was time sensitive. After reviewing the settlement, it was the same settlement I could have agreed to 2 weeks earlier and saved thousands of dollars by not paying FDR. They did this to 5 of my accounts. They made a settlement on 1 of my accounts for $3, 000, paid for 3 months and on the 4th month CFT Pay sent a payment 3 days before they withdrew the money from my account, which would have had money in it, except FDR wanted their share and the account did not have enough money when the payment was sent. The creditor canceled the agreement. Three months later, FDR sent me a notice stating they reached a settlement with the same creditor, this time for $3, 500.00. I told them I will not approve it and have numerous emails to prove it. Someone within their company approved the settlement and had CFT Pay send a $500.00 payment without my approval. My account still had enough money in it to make the final 3 payments to another creditor to finish the settlement. Instead they decided to to withdraw $625.70 from my account for their settlement payment which I did not approve. After numerous e-mails, faxes, and letters to FDR and CFT Pay, neither will respond to my complaints. They are just ignoring me. Do yourself a favor and don't use them, they are only in this for themselves. I have settled 2 accounts on my own and have saved thousands.

• Ka
    Kathr75 Aug 08, 2015

I had no idea you could look up complaints before you sign!! I wish I would have known that yesterday. I would like to cancel it. I haven't changed anything yet so what do I do???

• Rl
    R Lapier May 07, 2015

At first I was impressed with them, but I have only two debts left to settle and they are dragging it out a lot longer then need be. I have tried to call several times to ask why they insist in dragging it out another 18 months when it could be paid off in 12. They refuse to reply to phone calls and emails. The last settlement could be paid in 6 months but they have arranged for it to be paid over an 18 month period which drags out the time we must live paycheck to paycheck to continue payments. I am considering canceling the account and paying whats left off myself.

• Ri
    RichardCombs22602 Feb 06, 2015

I would have attempted to settle my debts on my own if I had known what I was in for when we entered the program. We owed over $12k in unsecured debt (mostly from medical expenses and necessities that we had to charge). We were in for over 4 months before the first debt was even settled. The collection calls didn't last long, but did receive warrant in debt. Magically, A division called Consolidation Plus called us with a loan offer (a division of Freedom Debt Relief), and we were offered a consolidation loan. The loan was approved 2 days before my hearing and all left over debts were settled. The program helped when we knew of no other options (not ch7), but my issue started when the loan started. Each time I would call to talk with someone, I would have to wait for nearly a week for answers to my questions (as the guy who handled my account was never available. My amortization schedule never agreed with any payoff quote given over the phone (always $150.00 or more) higher than my paperwork. The loan was for the amount of my total debt (from the beginning). At the time of the start of the loan, I had paid off 3 of my creditors out of my escrow account. All in all I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO ASK THE APPROPRIATE QUESTIONS AND READ THE FINE PRINT. I would have to have paid out a whole lot less if I had and didn't act on desperation. I made arrangements to pay them off today...the best decision I have made in the passed 3 years. I figure that I have paid twice the amount of my original debt now. My point is that unless you do your homework, don't feel pressured to jump into one of these programs. It will save you aggravation and money if you take the time to contact your creditors and explain your situation when asking them for help. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND A DEBT RELIEF COMPANY UNLESS IT IT THE ONLY WAY.

• Pa
    Pastclient Oct 18, 2012

Don't you people understand that Freedom Debt relief is the largest company in the industry. They have served over 119, 000 clients. If only 250 have complained, that is a GREAT ratio in my book. I have used their service and everything they told me would happen, did happen, they prepared me for this. Nobody said it was easy to pay off your cards did they? Smarten up people! It's either you pay interest and fees to the credit card companies for the next twenty years or pay freedom debt relief for the next 4 years for much less. Take your fr#$%n pick

ChristineZ Apr 26, 2018

@Pastclient I'm with you. Thank you!

• Na
    Nancyripped Aug 17, 2011

I too was duped, paid 4000.00 they paid 1800 and kept the rest. They say they dont collect until after debt is settled but that is a lie!! Their cut is also 50% of what they pay! No wonder California cut them off. Over 200 complaints with the BBB. They prey on the desperate

• Wo
    workerbee9495 Aug 10, 2011

I've read so many good and bad things about them. I can only hope things work out for me. I have been current on all my bills but simply can't do it anymore. I always have to bum money from my parents and the only way to help me is for them to skip their own bills. Freedom has set me up to save me $800 a month and says I'll be debt free in 44 months. I am scared to do this, but feel I have no other choice. Bankruptcy isn't an option. I can't afford it anyhow. I'm in a family of 4 and many weeks we have less than $50 for gas/groceries.. and we're too "rich" for any kind of help. I don't expect a handout anyhow.. I realize I made this mess. And while I don't like the idea of ruining my credit or settling my debts.. I look forward to becoming debt free.

johnims Dec 12, 2016

@workerbee9495 Hi, I am in the same situation, can you tell me if the program worked for you, I don't know what to do !

ChristineZ Apr 26, 2018

@workerbee9495 I too just signed on with FDR and am in a similar situation as you. I don't see how they can not settle your debts and still get away with it. I also have seen many good review elsewhere and will make my own mind up in the end. Another thing; I wonder if these said FDR bashers signed up to the Attorney protection. I did and hope for the best.
    Good luck with everything.

• Sw
    S.Warner May 29, 2011

The Fishman Company . They are nothing but a money grab that prays on people in debt. Bankruptcy is not a bad thing, it is the only way to help you out and give you your life back.I lost over 5, 000.00 to the fishman company. I will never see that money again. Another important point of interest. Any money that you settle for with this company, the forgiveness amount, you will get a 1099 form from the IRS

Chris Sans-Debt Apr 05, 2011

It's easy to see that a lot of you guys are idiots. And whoever these guys are that say they worked at Freedom? Dude, I guarantee these guys are lying. Probably Freedom's competition writing up fake propaganda or something. It's obvious that you people started a program but didn't finish it. Yeah, it's just like anything else that you quit half-way through. You're much worse off for the wear. No kidding. I've been in a program fourteen months and already had three debts settled. I'm making my payments every month and I'm going to be debt free by the end of this year. Quit being a bunch of crybabies and [censored]es. As long as you hold up your end of the damn deal you'll be fine. Don't go blasting Freedom on web-boards because you dropped the ball, dick.

Sincerely,
    -Chris from Boston

• Wi
    wing100 Mar 04, 2011

We used them tio help us and they scammed me out of roughly 13, 000 dollars. I am watching the lawsuit closely. They are crooks.

Christine Dorsey Feb 17, 2011

Please do not go with this company they ripped us off for $4, 000 and they paid no one off! So we had to file chapter 7 and walked away from them. They are the worst company ever please I beg you stay far away from the company they will take your money. It makes me so mad to see them advertise on the tv and on the internet. I had to do most of the leg work anyway they had lame lawyers who aren't really lawyers at all.

• Ir
    ira p. makeba Dec 17, 2010

I was also a part of this debt relief program for almost a year, paid them almost $4, ooo dollars and still a lawsuite was filed against me.Stay away from this company.IPM

sandrakay Nov 19, 2010

they kept every penny i sent them never gaveme anything back or payed any of my creditors all they did was make things worse

• Ga
    Gail G. Nov 19, 2010

We found out that this company is a fraud when after 30 months of paying them almost $300 per month I called them to find out why we are not done with them yet. They told me that they had only paid off the 3 really small bills and the 2 really big bills are still being paid off and it will be another year...maybe... until we are done with them. I thought this was a legit thing because they had been on "Showcase Minnesota" a few times and I thought that having the Ok by an NBS affiliate program, the station would have done their homework before telling viewers to use that company. Needless to say I am going to try and contact the lawyers doing the lawsuit to let them know how FDR has ripped us off and I hope they get sent through the ringer for taking advantage of people in a really bad time of need.

• St
    StraightArrow Nov 19, 2010

Over $900, 000, 000 in debt settled and over $521, 000, 000 in client savings. Sure, right, it's a scam alright. You got into debt on your own, and it's not pain-free getting out! The fact that you could not stick with the program through graduation is on you, and not the Freedom Debt Network.

JAmjammin Nov 10, 2010

iv used FDR and all my calls stoped and my monthly payments were lower and i settled for more than half of my total ballence i owed Patelco and Cap one. all this is BS written to scare people away from using written by creditors and people who never fully understood the program.. i just want to say Thank you and me and my wife bolth are now debt free and just bought our first home.. all thanks to gettuing out of debt and into the future.
    James, + Jen
    Pacifica CA.

• La
    lak8581 Aug 17, 2010

I am currently with FDR and it is AWFUL!!! I enrolled with them in november 2008 and they have paid off one account which was like $100. in the last 5 mos i have had two notices to appear in court on two accounts so now i am having to pay over $200 to a lawfirm to keep me from having to go to court and i have stopped paying FDR because i cant afford to pay them and the lawfirm. can anyone give me some advice on how i might get out of this mess?

• Ev
    Evilunicornlady Jul 22, 2010

I work for a lending company and have had a few customers try this company, and others like it. My customers tell me that they were told not to worry about anything, and that as long as they made their payment to the settlement company that they would be fine. Naturally, when I'm calling the customer about their past due payment they were confused.

I called the settlement company myself and was told that they basically save money for the customer until there is enough to contact a creditor and offer a settlement (creditor may or may not settle). Until that point though, they don't make ANY contact with creditors.

I don't know how other companies operate, but in mine, once you are so far past due, your debt is turned over to the collections department and then later to legal. Since the customer is by this point VERY past due, and is not under any sort of bankruptcy protection, the creditors can (and will) take any action to collect their debts that is available. This means that wages can be garnished, lawsuits opened etc...

Most creditors are open to communication directly with the customer. Yes, it is embarrassing to have to call and tell someone that you can't afford a payment, but it saves you a massive amount of hassle. Also, if your wages DO get garnished, be aware that the payments are typically MUCH higher than what your previous minimum payment was. In addition to this, you are also probably going to be responsible for paying the creditors attorney fees for suing/garnishing you in the first place!

Swallow your pride and make some phone calls. Creditors often have some sort of program that is not advertised to help customers that are in over their head. Give them a call. Be candid with your situation, and see what they say. It is in their best interest to keep you from filing bankruptcy.

• Ph
    phenderbenders Jul 10, 2010

While we were paying fees to FDR they help and settle 3 accounts. A soon a we finished paying the fees the service went down hill. We got sued and ended up having to borrow money from a friend to keep from losing in court. Now we are served papers from another creditor. We call them to as WTF is going on. They reply that this creditor will not talk to FDR and we must deal with them on our own. They can even fill out court paper all they can do is point you in the right direction. We are not lawyers they state. When they give you the sales pitch at the beginning they told us they had a team of lawyers to deal with lawsuits. Bottom line is that I called the last collection agency and worked out a deal that was better or equal than what FDR could have got. How do you get involved in a class action suit?

The last conversation I had with FDR rep they assured me that they could help us with the other two accounts.

When you a stressed and can not think straight just remember FDR sales rep will say what you want to hear so they can get your money.

Lets sue this people who when the going gets tough they dunno wat toodoo!!!

• Fr
    FreeFromFreedom Jun 16, 2010

I have 22K in debt and at the time I was laid off from my job. I did not want to file BK so I decided to go with Freedom. They told me to stop making anymore payments to my creditors and they started deducting $518.00 a momth from my checking account. It has been 4 months and NO NEGOTIATIONS have been made at all! Meanwhile I am getting letters from legal firms telling me I will be sent to court for the money and the phone calls are NON STOP from the creditors. One time a creditor called me 11 times in an HOUR! What Freedom does not tell you is that lets say that one of your bills is $2000.00 and they settle for $1000.00, that creditor can tax you for the difference! Anything over $600.00 they have the right to tax you. I confronted Freedom about this and they confirmed that the creditors CAN do this but they cannot determine which credit card company will do that. This was a HUGE deal to me because frankly I could have done bad all by myself. So needless to say I have terminated with Freedom, they were getting $518.00 a month for 4 months and all that I am getting back from them is $660.00. You do the math, they got a pretty good chunk of money for "their fees". I am now filing BK, and I DO NOT recommend to anyone to use a 3rd party.

• Fd
    FDRVictom May 27, 2010

This was the most terrible scam in the world. Dumb me. I thought Freedom Debt Relief was going to really try to help me with my debt problems. All they really did was take me for about $10, 000, leaving me with no choice but bankruptsy. They promised to pay, but they never did pay much. I was sued by three creditors, and they (FDR) did nothing to help me. By the time I realized what was happening, all of my money was gone, and the collectors still wanted to get their money. I tried to do the right thing--pay all my creditors without declaring bankriptsy. FDR made things worse. finally, I filed for chapter 11 where I will pay all my debts in full over the next few years. I should have done it (bankruptsy) in the first place--my credit would still be in good standing. The Freedom Debt Relief company is a front for theft and a sham as an honest company. Do not do business with them!

• Wh
    whislerxl Apr 26, 2010

i have been working with FDR for a year and they keep putting me off every time i call they say that my case has been move to a different person. i cant turn on my phone. i have been to court once already and will have to go to court again which means i must take off work again to try to deal with the situation. they also promised to lower my rate once i had to start paying to another company but still 3 months later nothing. these people have ripped me off so much that now i have to file for bankruptcy. dont trust these people with your debt they don't care about you they only care for the money.

• Li
    LisaAp Apr 14, 2010

I have been enrolled in the FDR program since 10/08. I had numerous creditors calling me at home and at work. I called FDR to complain of this situation, and they send that they would mail out letters to my creditors. Fine.. Calls stopped for a short time, then I recieve a letter from the State of new Hampshire small claims court in regards to one of my accounts. I immediatelt called FDR and supposibly I spoke to someone in there law dept. They told me not to worry and they would call the law firm. 1 month later a sherriff arrives at my door handing me a suuons to appera in court. A liitle irrate, I called FDR and spoke with someone in their Advanced Collections Dept. I asked to speak with someone in their law dept and was told it never existed.. I told FDR that I was extremely mad that it came to this level. What should I do. they told me they left several messages with the law firm and never heard back from them. Then I requested documentation from my file. They said they would send it to me before my court date. They even said let's see if we can negotitate some more and try and make contact. After a 45 minute call into FDR I finally had enough. I called the law firm myself and got through. Come to find out FDR has never made any contact. I am at this point going to the BBB and local Boston media to have FDR investiagated. people need to know the real truth about this company and I don't want to see other people get sucked in and taken advatage of. If there are other people out there that have had the problem and live on the east coast love to here your story on any problems you have had with FDR. email is [email protected]

• Ga
    gay smith Feb 17, 2010

Freedom Debt Relief almost had me. When I did not get the answers to my questions, they tried to smooze me with another smooth talker from their company! It did not work. Why would I give someone $ 500.00 a month and continue to receive harrassing calls from credit card companies and collection agencies? They said I would be free from debt in 40 month. My advice is to stay away far away from these scam artist!

• Bj
    bjeann Apr 18, 2019

@gay smith I have been paying FDR over 2 years. During that time they talked me into trying consolidation. I didn't understand at all, (I do now) I didn't want to pay more and maybe longer. I even said you cannot draft my account anymore. I changed jobs, I don't get paid as I used to. Anyway, They are harassing me, I'm a senior trying to work, my health is bad, I was also under a lot of medication due to some accidents I had during that time, could be why I didn't understand at first . I have also asked for itemized statement what was consolidated. I paid thousands already and not much got paid from what I SEE. I am thinking of going to my television station. They are trying to bleed me dry

• Do
    Dougy Feb 10, 2010

I used to work for Freedom Debt Relief, and I would recommend NOT using them to settle your debt. I'm not just a disgruntled ex-employee, I left because most of my clients that I signed up were quitting the program because the service sucks so bad, and the lawsuits were killing them. Not only were my clients getting sued, but so was the company, over and over. NOT GOOD.

I work for a company now that places all their clients with a law firm to do the negotations. They also contact the creditors immediately, so it stops the annoying calls and threats of lawsuits. Freedom Debt Relief does not have a model near as good, so I'm glad I left.

I won't name the company, as Andrew Housser and Brad Stroh have a bad habit of attacking their competitors through Bills.com and other sites, which is just a front for Freedom. You can't believe anything on that site, as it is NOT impartial. Hope this helps, and check around, you'll find the attorney model companies, and hopefully you'll find the one I work for!!

• De
    debtisevil Feb 10, 2010

After hearing about FDR on a local news station, I contacted them. I chose not to sign up at that time because of the damage it does to your credit and the fact that I was able to make my payments although they were high. In addition, they told me they could only work with certain accounts I had and not all of them. That was a red flag.

I am now in a situation where the debt reduction is a must and after reading this site, I decided to check out the BBB website. For anyone considering this company, they have had a large number of complaints (223) regarding various topics over the last 3 years. They are also not BBB accredited. I also looked up Consumer Credit Cousneling Service which one of my creditors recommended when they could not assist me wtih lower payments. In comparison, they have only had 3 complaints in the same amount of time and they are BBB accredited. That seems like a no brainer to me.

Buyer beware!

• In
    InnDebt Jan 24, 2010

To whom that may be concerned, ~positive feedback~

I am currently enrolled with FDR. I have tried other debt consolidators and they have failed me. I thought to give FDR a try. Yes, they are a business to make money, after all who isn't? I am not dissatisfied with them. When I first signed on I was given a contact to help with questions. The only trouble with this is I have been switched from contact to contact but the nice thing is they keep records of all calls made and pull them up no matter who your contact is. And for some reason if I left a voicemail for my contact, I was never ignored and given a return call. There were a couple months where I was unable to make my agreed payment. I called the person who was my contact at the time and explained why I was unable to make the payment. They didn't bat an eyelash and said that's ok. The good thing was that they skipped the EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) for the month to help me avoid any bank charges for non sufficient funds. I think some of you people think that they are evil debt collectors too. They are not. They are there to help you. However if you are in the program, I'm not suggesting to skip payments. But, they are not evil debt collectors. They understand why you asked for their help in the first place. If you fail to hold up your end of the deal, you only have yourself to blame. If you find yourself about to miss a payment. CALL THEM! Don't ignore your problem. It will make things worse. FDR has helped me clear up a good amount of outstanding debt. I still have a little ways to go with 2 more creditors. I am upset more at myself for getting into debt more then the idea of paying them the lawyer's fees above and beyond my debt settlement plan. I understand that it took me a long time to get me into this position and it will take me a long time to get myself out. This is not a "pay them a couple months and your debts will go away" No-sir-ree-bob! It will take time so don't be trigger happy and quit.