Fred Loya Insurance Logo

Fred Loya Insurance

Having problems with Fred Loya Insurance?

Fred Loya Insurance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 7, 2008. The latest review Denial of claim form was posted on Feb 19, 2020. The latest complaint employees was resolved on Mar 19, 2014. Fred Loya Insurance has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 64 reviews. Fred Loya Insurance has resolved 24 complaints.

Fred Loya Insurance Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 248 8787 (Customer Service Center)
+1 800 860 5692 (Customer Service Center)
1800 N. Lee Trevino, Suite 201
El Paso, Texas

Fred Loya Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Fred Loya Insurance — exclusions on file

I had car insurance w/Fred Loya for 2 yrs, I needed to add a new car and drop the old car. The agent wa...

Fred Loyanot a responsible company

I was involved in a car accident. The person that caused the accident was insured by Fred Loya. He has admitted fault in the accident. They are also admitting liability but refusing to pay for the full amount of damage to my vehicle. They are stating that because I lost control of my car that they will only pay for 80% of the damage. I find this to be insane. If I was at fault I would pay the damages.

Fred Loya — they are scammers

I don't care what people say about or think about fred loya, this people have scammed so many people.. And...

Fred Loya Insuranceliars

This company *** I do not understand why this company announce their services in a christian radio. Recently had an accident and this company lied to me, they are unethical and really hate companies that lie to you!

I am sick of these people! fred loya insurance ***! Living here in texas *** sometimes becuase then you have companies like these that lie to you or doctors at hospitals that don't know how to do their jobs! I have never had problems with other insurance companies but just this one! How can the world change if you have people that work in companies where they are unethical and all they care about is your dam money!

filings Dec 07, 2010

Get your head out of your ### and call the Texas Department of Insurance.
        Fred Loya, according to the Dallas Morning News is being investigated by the department of insurance in Texas because of all the complaints it has. Call the Department they will help you resolve your issues with good ol' Fred.
        From a fellow catholic christian. God works in mysterious ways...Oh keep your children away from priests!

Wpayton5599 Oct 30, 2010

Christians lying and being unethical???? The hell you say!!!

But seriously... What happened? I will try to help you.

Fred Loya Insurancelied to over and over again

I have had this insurance for only a little over 30 days and boy have i had major issues. My husband & i went down and got insurance through these idots and no one there speaks or understands good english. I have been drafted before my due date which has made me late with my rent and now i have a late fee for that. I then called the 800 number for the main office and all i heard was i do apologige but we signed for it to come out on that date. the papers that i have and from my knowledge state that the pmnt is to be drafted on the 11th of each month. Once i asked for a supervisor i was placed on hold for forever i assume " waiting for me to hang up". When the supervisor came on the line i explained the problem and was interrupted about 5 times before i could explain the entire situation. She then told me that they do it 5 days before to ensure that they get their money. BS lady, i have never known a company to do such underhanded business like this one. If u tell them the due date is 1 day then that is when you need to take it out. I have late fees for other things due to this issue and have been given the BS excuses too many times to keep calling. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. This is not the end of the stories that i have to tell but i wont waste that much time talking about this peice of s*** for a company. They lie, canive, and are all for themselves.

• Bo
          Boomray7 Dec 28, 2011

What have you done to fix the issue? I am being screwed by fred loya insurance and for a claim they should be covering, i am paying for out of my own pocket.

Fred Loyaunscrupulous policies

Don't ever go with Fred Loya insurance.

We were charged twice in two weeks for our first month of insurance. This wasn't too bad except that we were never told it would happen.

So when we decide that we'd rather just cancel our policy after having to deal with the atrocious customer help it turns out they won't even be mailing the check for our prorated payments until 30 days from the day we canceled.

They took out 330 dollars, then 2 weeks later another 330 dollars for our 3 vehicles. We canceled our policy and had to pay out another 345 for an honest insurance dealer to get our policy started with them. I've had to pay over a thousand dollars this month for insurance thanks to Fred Flintstone Insurance. Oh, and to add insult to injury they're charging us 70 dollars to just cancel our policy.

I hope Fred Loya burns in hell.

Fred Loya Insurance Austin TX — denied claim

I was hit by a customer with Fred Loya insurance. The insurance card said it expires on 4/26/2010 and he hit...

Fred Loya Insurance — refuses to pay my truck was stolen

My 16 yr old took my truck with out permission and totalled it. My husband at the the time didn't file...

Fred Loya Insurance Company — rental car coverage

Their Insured hit me on 02/28/10. After 4 weeks, they could not get their insured to call them back. I, ME...

Fred Loya Insuranceunprofessional at best

Over the last 24 Hours, I have recieved OVER 15 phone calls from a Houston-based Fred Loya office. Even thought my voicemail CLEARLY states that they have reached MAGGIE, they continue to leave messages for a Mr. Arayllo (or something). I have told 3 separate employees to stop calling me, that Mr. Arayllo obviously was mistaken on his phone number, and still the phone calls keep comming.
          What concerned me the most was that went I said I would be making a formal complaint, the guy on the phone seem as though it was par-for-the-course.
          Aparently complaints are part of Fred Loya's day-to-day.

Wpayton5599 Oct 30, 2010

Some idiot gave your phone number as his, but they should be able to put you on a do-not-call list.

There seems to be many [censor]s at work here.

Next time they call, tell them you would like to hear all about what they have to offer and then put the phone down.

I guarantee no one will be on the line in an hour when you pick it up.

Even better, if you have an ederly family member with dimensia, put them on the phone and let them talk to the rep. I guarantee they won't call again!

Fred Loya Insurancebad, unprofessional, unethical services and handling of customers

Several people have posted here saying that you should avoid having anything to do with this piece of crap Fred Loya. I wish I could, but I was rear ended in a multi car pile up by a Fred Loya insured. Nobody including my insurance company had ever heard of them and they are located in El Paso. Just my luck, no fault of mine, but have to deal with this filth to even cover my deductible for the damage. They stall and delay for everything even though I provided info on every driver and the details. In fact they encourage you to sue them!

Good luck if you have insurance, I doubt anyone who even googles fred loya, would ever buy anything from them. Hard to believe, but, they are still in business. I will complain once my claim is paid off or if it is delayed for too long.

I think they specialize in 'insuring' illegal immigrants with minimum required by the state and count on you try to sue them to get any claims. just horrible piece of crap these folks are.

• Aq
                aquitas Aug 11, 2011

hello, im currently an employee at fred loya. i feel your pain. i would like to say that not all of us at fred loya are horrible people. the problem is rooted from the up moast manegment and it carrys on to the office managers witch perty much force us to be unplesent. it is a horrible company to work for. the managment is uneducated and uprofesional. they create a hostile work enviorment and they think the own the employees. my theory is that they focus on employing young people who are uneducated on their rights with the intention of molding us to their likings, and in addition a good amount of employees have language barriers witch i believe they hire because they know it will be that much harder for these employes to complain.

Wpayton5599 Oct 30, 2010

Your insurance company should be able to subrogate to Fred Loya. When they subrogate, they can recover your deductible.

Whether Fred Loya pays without a fight is another story.

Fred Loya Insurancefires honest dealer

Today I got fired from Fred loya because I told the truth about my manager taking money from the deposit. The ones who lied and acted like they didn't know n e thing are still working for the company and they told me that firing me was in the best interest of the company, ha if they only knew that those people lied to them TWICE!!! Anyone who is insured by Fred loya please DO NOT get into a car accident because they will find any excuse not to cover your claim!!! RUN!!! I think this is a very unfair company and they don't care about their customers nor employees!

Fred Loya Insurance — scammers

My car, that i owned for less that a year, was very badly damagd in a hail storm back in september and the...

Fred Loya Insurancedo not get insurance from this company

I tried to cancel my policy with Fred Loya Insurance. To my knowledge it was done. But the next month it was drafted from my account again, putting me in the negative. Now in order for them to credit my account, i have to *** work, go to the bank to get a statement, and fax it to their stupid corporate office to prove to them that they are idiots. That means i am missing out on more money by having to leave work and cancel my appts. They owe me for two months worth of insurance and instead of just sending a check like i was initially "guaranteed", i have to do all of the footwork for their mistake and they are costing me more money. I will never go thru a smaller insurance company to try to save money again. I strongly urge everyone to go elswhere. Also, the supervisor i spoke to at corporate will not return my calls so i have to deal with someone at a local branch office. Do not get insurance from this company!!

filings Dec 07, 2010

Call your States Department of Insurance. The Dallas Morning News had an article around June, 2010 that said that Fred Loya Insurance is being investigated by the Texas Department of Insurance because of all the complaints with them. Fred Loya will not listen to you, but they might listen to your states department of insurance. Fred Loya is in Texas, California, New Mexico and now going to Illinois. Just google Fred Loya Complaints and you will see what comes out, not a single good review, not by their insured, not by ex-employees, not by car repair shops...

• Kn
                    KnoCK ouuT Oct 09, 2010

sTAN80...

You know we are in modern times and i believe the excuse of you leaving work to get a bank statements. Its just bananas...simply because with newer technology there is online banking or is your bank a little one that dont offer that service. And if you where also well knowledged when you opened your bank account, you would be aware that anything that automate permission for automated draft, it is your duty to do a formal cancellation as in to go in person to the sales office to cancel the draft to come out of your bank account. Gosh, where you that lazy. Also if you dont get returned calls means that you where not speaking clearly or did not state the required information to place that call back. You should not critize other insurance companies if it upsets you that you dont have the coverage to file a claim through your carrier thats if you had insurance. Seriously, you should do the research before you blog.
                    sELF210

Fred Loya Insurancebad customer service

We have been insured by Fred Loya for over two years. Yesterday we called them to change our bank draft information for the upcoming payment. They emailed the form and required us to call them back. Today, they have not changed the bank information. We called them and they can't stop the draft scheduled for next Wednesday.We pleaded with them to stop the draft of that account because it will cost us a NSF charge of $35 on top of their payment amount and their fee for the NSF. They can't do it...takes ten days and a form. WE faxed the form yesterday but it did not have both our signatures. She said fax it again but can't guarantee a thing. More than likely the money will be drafted from the wrong bank. We asked them to cancel the insurance, they can't do that either without us driving 100 miles to the nearest office to sign a form. This is ridiculous...what happened to taking care of your customer? From the looks of somme of the these complaints, it is a good thing we were not involved in a wreck with one of their clients or ourselves. WE will be cancelling the insurance one way or another. The staff was not helpful at all...and on top of that, they talk over you...everytime we tried to explain our need, they would interrupt us and talk over us not allowing us to speak. Rude very Rude...I highly recommend you change insurance agents or avoid Fred Loya all together. I will continue to spread the news against Loya from this point forward...I will get the word out...

• Da
                      David Ulloa Mar 24, 2012

I live in El Paso where the owners still live and all i will ever say is They SUCK never use them they wont honor anything at all and more .Yes I had Fred Loya a fool who needed insurance and NO they are not low and they are just like the rest of the so called mandatory insurance companies that we have to get...Yes we need insurance but the system has to change in the way the insurance companies do the things they do and get away with it.What I did was just stop payment PERIOD closed my accounts and did open another and I also used a ACE card debit to pay all my bills ...I put the money in only when a bill is due .With the times the way they are with fraud and Ident -theft try what you can to find a solution to your banking needs and find one (debit ) card Walmart card is ideal for transactions ...I never use my Bank account at all...Good luck out there and hope you solve your problems with these Insurance thieves...DAVID

Fred Loya Insurance — worthless coverage

Fred loya insurance 'covers' mainly mexicans but then denies claims when their insured hits other...

Fred Loya Insurancebad service

My daughter filed an auto crash claim with Loya ins, They took the claim and closed it within 3 hours of reporting it to them. They claim that the car was insured, not the driver. So thats the reason they closed it, they also called my daughter and suggested she file a law suit on her own. When we called them they were very rude and refused to listen to reason. When we called for damage estimates, several shop owners refused to give estimates when they learned that they were going to deal with Fred Loya Ins. I have never dealt with anything like this before.

• Bo
                        Boomray7 Dec 28, 2011

Fred Loya Insurancerude staff

I got into an accident where it was the other driver's fault. The claims person at Fred Loya, Miguel Reyes, passed on a message to the other driver to have me contact him. When I called Miguel, he asked for my statement. I told him that the other drive said after the accident, "I'm sorry, I didn't see you. Please don't go through insurance and I'll pay for the damage." Miguel started to lecture me and pointed out that the other driver never said, "It was my fault." When I said that I understood, he started talking over me. During the entire conversation, he acted like the accident was my fault. I was just doing what he asked me to do...give my statement!

filings Dec 08, 2010

I am not a lawyer, but a lawyer would advise you to never agree to give a statement to the other guy's insurance company. Fred Loya Insurance is now being investigated by the Texas Department of Insurance, because, according to an article on the Dallas Morning News, Fred Loya Insurance is one of the companies in Texas with the most complaints with said Department. If you want anything to go on your favor, file a complaint with your state's Department of Insurance, they regulate insurance companies and help you resolve your issues with these insurance companies. Fred Loya Insurance was fined $10, 000.00 by the Texas Department of Insurance in 2006 for hiring people without and insurance license as "insurance agents". To sell insurance, discuss insurance with a potential client without having an active insurance license is a misdemeanor in most US states, yet many Insurance companies, broker, agents hire unlicensed "agents" knowing full well it is a crime.

Fred Loya Insuranceclaims

Fred Loya insurance, should be called Fred Lousy insurance. I have never dealt with such an unproffesional group of ###s till I met the employees of Fred Loya. Beware all! This insurance company actually tries to blame the accident on you! when a police report states the exact opposite, when the insured driver states the opposite! On one unfortunate evening I was driving home, minding my own business when another driver decided to change lanes, into mine, while i was still in it. Somehow this accident is my fault according to the brainiacs at Fred Loya. When the one literate agent took time to read the police report, it was no longer my fault for being hit, but for rather not moving out of the way..well of course! ill hit an innocent bystander because FRED LOYA is unaware of how insurance works. So here i wait, a month later, after many calls to Fred Loya and there well educated staff, I have been given 3 different % of whats covered, first 100%, then 60% now 30% and now the checks in the mail after nothing, nada! was ever settled. I think we know where their check is going..

filings Dec 07, 2010

Call your State's Department of Insurance. Fred Loya Insurance in now being investigated by the Texas Department of Insurance for having so many complaints like yours. With lots of googling you might stil find the Dallas Morning New article and read. Fred Loya Insurance was also fined $10.000 by the Texas Department of Insurance in 2006 fro employing unlicensed people as insurance agents. Google Fred Loya Insurance complaints and you will see what comes out!

• La
                            Larry Randall Jun 01, 2009

Typical ! Fred Loya accepts only 90% liability after their insured forced me out of my lane and hit me when most of my car was on the shoulder ! Then they offered only 90% of $300.00 (their estimate) for almost $1500.00 in damages to my vehicle.

THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS !

File a complaint with the State Board of Insurance, the Attorney General, local TV and newspapers -- and SUE the pants off of Fred Loya.

• Bu
                            Bucwild30 May 09, 2009

Your lucky!!! It only took 10 days. I had a claim with Nationwide that took 5 months to settle and that was after they denied me because their adjuster didn't know liability transfers to any car their insured drives. I wish I had the service you did!

• Ed
                            Ed Rodriguez Mar 20, 2009

My wife was struck by a Fred Loya insured on the 6Th of Mar. 2009 I reported it to Fred Loya Claims approximately on the 10Th when I received the Police report. I did not receive a response from them admitting 70% Liability untill the 20TH of Mar.2009. The Insured admitted he did not see my wife when he drove in front of her, not yielding the right of way to the trafic on the highway. He admitted to the officer that it was his fault He recieved a ticket for not yieling the rigt of way. My wife does not have a 100% command of the english Language but they interviewed her by some one who spoke spanish that lacked knowledge of the spanish language. As my wife says " when I spoke Spanish she didnt understand me, O la estaba haciendo pendeja" Why is this company still in business?

Fred Loya Insurance — horrible

Is the worst company! Manager francisco pacheco never calls back customers, you never see him in the office...