Forever 21work load

I had high hopes for this company before my employment. I had previously worked in a restaurant throughout high school and needed somewhere closer to my college for work. I had always shopped at Forever, so I figured, "Why not apply?"
What a mistake.
1) I'm a good worker, so they want to give me a lot of hours. However, they are HORRIBLE with scheduling. I could go on about this company. Why is it that I need to give over a 2 weeks notice for a day off (and still not get it, mind you), and I will get a write up for calling in sick, and yet they can schedule me when I'm in class, call me in early then get mad if I say no, change the schedule without notice, and keep me hours late? THE f***? Doesn't make sense. At all. Treat us equally and we wouldn't have such a high turn-over rate.
2) Management is horrible. My assistant managers are awesome, I love them and one of them should be store manager. However, STEPHANIE NGUYEN is store manager instead and doing absolutely horrible at it. She is such a ### I can't even begin to explain it. Because managers will GET A BONUS if they don't use up a lot of hours, she cuts our hours like crazy. Today we were allotted 318 hours. Guess how many we used? 116... Yeah. And we made $30, 000 in sales. We have the money but that ### is too selfish.
So, of course our store lost $1, 000 in theft, was a complete f***ing mess at the end of the night, we got out an hour late, and this ### stephanie still has the nerve to complain at us? We're all busting our ### getting paid minimum wage, understaffed so she can get her greedy ### bonus and she still f***ing complains????? WTF?!!! Only 6 people closed down our store tonight, we have an upstairs and downstairs the size of foot ball fields and only six people. OF COURSE the store is going to look like hell ###, we were all the best workers there so if we couldn't even get it done with two Assistant managers, then no one could, she needs to use common sense. BUT NO. Her pride is too important. She just ### at every one though she's causing us all this trouble. Then she even has the nerve to tell one of my favorite assistant managers that no one likes him? DA f***????
3) Customers.
Customers are so rude at forever 21. This is just one fine example:
We close at 8pm. A woman was still in our store after I had told her the time twice. It was now 8:30. WE NEED THE CUSTOMERS OUT SO WE CAN COUNT OUR MONEY AT THE END OF THE NIGHT, WE HAVE LIVES AND ONLY GET PAID 8.90/HOUR!!! Sure enough, she had a handful of clothes and tried to try them on. I had 4 unsorted ( not placed in order of where they go) undetailed, (not zipped, buttoned, turned right-side out) racks of clothes I needed to push through. I nicely told her that the fitting rooms were closed, and had been closed for 30 minutes. She THREW ALL OF HER CLOTHES AT MY FACE and stormed off. ###, listen here. We do not get paid minimum wage to get treated like ###. Most of us are college students just trying to get some money for food and bills, yet you treat me like that, even though it's your fault for shopping well after you know we're closed? Can anyone tell me how this makes sense? No, because it doesn't. I deal with enough ### with under-staffing, rude management, home problems, college, and now, you? NO. I got angry and told her to leave.
People may complain that forever 21 employees are rude, but trust me, we are not Nordstrom, we get paid close to nothing. If you want to be treated like a queen, shop somewhere that sells clothes expensive enough for one. If anyone worked at forever for even a day, they would think twice about saying the employees are rude. We really try hard, but sometimes enough is enough.
Anyway, I'm putting in my two weeks after being there for almost a year. The manager is truly a ###. Never work for this company, they don't give a ### if your dying, if you don't make it to work they'll write you up and give you close to no hours. No Joke.

• Il
    iloveanimals! May 04, 2013

Well, luckily we are out now! I feel so horrible for my friends who are still there because they can't find new jobs.
    To anyone thinking about applying to F21... Just don't. Seriously. I am a perfectly sane, college-educated, common sensed person and I am warning you: This job will drive you crazy! You'll hate customers, hate dragging yourself to work, and you will have to hold your tongue more than 80% of the day--It is really hard not to snap while working there.
    So, DON'T DO IT!!! Take my word for it >:O Lol.

• Th
    TheSilentNinja Apr 03, 2013

I worked for this company for 2 1/2 years at 2 different stores (in 2 different states) and trust me, all F21 stores are run this way and have the worst customers. I don't know what it is about F21, if it's the cheap clothes or what, but F21 always has the most rude, entitled, messy customers I've ever experienced in retail. I worked for a while for another major retail company similar to F21 and while there were some rude customers, overall my experience there was much better. The store was never overly messy and we were always scheduled to leave at 11pm (if there were go-backs left, the early morning shift people finished them).

My experience with management at F21 was the same - assistant managers (well, most of them) were awesome, store manager to was dumber than bricks. She couldn't make a schedule to save her own life, and every time I looked at the new weekly schedule it became clear that she couldn't count. If you had a complaint, too bad, deal with it.

As a company, F21 needs to treat and pay their employees better. I get that it's just retail, but upping the base pay (for new, non-experienced retail employees) to $9, and then raising the pay based on your experience would give employees a bigger incentive to want to stay and do their best with the company. Also, a discount bigger than 10% would have been nice.

Like you, I could go on and on about how horrible this company and many of it's customers are. Best to just get out as soon as you can never look back.