Ford Motor Companyford focus door latch

Following email I wrote to Sime Darby Auto Malaysia on 2-Oct-2019 but until I did not get any reply.

This email is meant as a form of complaint against Seong Hoe Motor Melaka and Ford customer service due to their ignorance to the safety of their customers.

I bought a new Ford Focus (plate number MCN9939) from Seong Hoe Motor Malacca, Malaysia in May 2014. In Sep-Oct 2018, the front passenger door had a wear and tear issue and unable to close/lock. The car was sent to Seong Hoe, they took a picture and replaced the door latch for me after ~ 2 weeks due to the needs to order the part from somewhere. I was told by Seong Hoe customer service that this is a known issue for many Ford models.

10-11 months later (7th Sep 2019), rear right door had the same issue without any early symptom. I was very lucky as my kids were not in the car when the door latch breakdown. I couldn't imagine if it breakdown when my car was on the road. It would just hit motorbike rider or any vehicles near me. With this 2nd incident, I requested Seong Hoe to replace the other 2 door latch for me due to high probability they will breakdown soon. I am very disappointed that Seong Hoe is unable to do the replacement for me and they asked me to call Ford customer service directly to raise my concern.

On 2-Oct ~ 12pm, I called Ford customer service to request for replacement of the other 2 door latches. It is a big disappointment that the same answer was given to me, i.e. only the faulty door latch can be replaced! The concern of my kids' safety and road user was brought up during the call, unfortunately it was not treated as foremost priority.

I am very concern with how Ford dealer/customer service deals with customer safety. Please look into this matter seriously. I look forward to a satisfactory reply. Thank you.

Ta