Ford Motor Companyreoccurring issues with heater and defroster year over year for 3 years

K Dec 09, 2019

I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and have owned Ford cars for over 35 years now. My last purchase has been a nightmare. I bought the vehicle (2014 Ford Edge) in 2015 and ever since have had heater issues every winter. Last year they had my vehicle for over a week for the heater issues as they had given it back to me after 1 day said it was fixed and I was back in that same day with the same issues NOT fixed. This year I called them back once again to resolve the issue. I live in AZ so we do not have cold weather often but when we do I need to know I can drive my vehicle safely as I am raising my young granddaughter and need a dependable and safe vehicle. I was promptly told that "it would be 150 dollars to do the diagnostic and that they will not do it for free" They did not even take the time to look at the service history of the vehicle. (I take it to the same dealer I bought it from always - Earnhardt Ford in Chandler AZ) Who I have been doing business with for over 10 years. They said they would have the service department call me that same day within about an hour. It has been almost a week now with no phone call or anything. I specifically stated for them to leave a message as I do not answer my phone if I do not recognize the phone number. I cannot afford to buy a new vehicle and all I want is for Ford to make this right. As stated I have been a loyal Ford purchaser for over 35 years but this experiance is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth regarding the care and service that Ford claims they have for their consumers.
I cannot afford to pay the diagnostics and this has been an ongoing ssue for 3 years running.
Thank you for your time. I have also written a letter to Ford Motor and CC'd Earnhardt Ford and my Atty regarding the issue and I will be reporting them to the BBB for trying to take advantage of elderly senior citizens.
Kim Roy