Fitness 19- Jenison, MIcontinual charges after cancellation

U

We cancelled our fitness membership here and they conveniently misplaced the cancellation forms and have been charging us for the past couple of months. We have called them to get an explanation and they never got back to us, so we went to the facility to get an explanation of why we were still being charged and they said we had never cancelled our account! Ridiculous!! How many times do you need to contact a business before they stop charging you. The management was rude and still haven't got back to us with a response. Terrible service and scam your money!!! Don't trust them with any paperwork.

jayde4174 Dec 29, 2011

I joined May 2011 and signed myself and my husband up with the new facility. After talking with my husband, and after only a couple of days, I asked the assistant manager to cancel my husbands membership. He only wanted me to join. The man was very kind and said he will take care of it, no problem. When they opened in the middle of June and after we noticed the monthly payment did not change, we asked the assistant manager again to cancel my husbands membership. He said couldn't find my file and would get back to me later. He never did. I returned the several days later. The assistant referred me to the manager. After talking, I decided for her to apply 4 more personal training on my account with the credit they owed me at the time and I will pay to difference when it was balanced out. I stopped going in September after vacation and never went back because they still charging us for both me and my husband as of this month, December. After fighting for our credit, I feel now that I will end up cancelling too. Get with it!

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Dec 27, 2011

Fitness USA does the same thing. Never give one of these fitness outfits your credit card number or pay with a personal check. If they insist (which they often will), then walk. I got out of a never used Fitness USA account because that credit card expired and the bank notified me that they were pestering them for my new expiration date! This occurred after I notified them several times that I wished to cancel the account. These outfits are notorious for this practice.