Fitness 19do not sign up. worst gym ever

My husband and i were fitness 19 members for about a year. 6 months ago are son became increasingly sick and due to outstanding and overwhelming hospitals bills we were no longer able to pay for many things including our gym membership. I sent a letter to fitness 19 in july to cancel our membership. They called me in august saying they never received it and that i had to pay for that month. I refused and sent another letter stating it was my 2nd attempt to cancel. They are now charging me for two months. I explained to the manager chris our situation in tears and he could care less. There is no corporate number if you have problems like this you are just on your own. DONT SIGN UP. Even with a medical emergency they refuse to care!

• Bi
    bill romero Dec 21, 2009

my girlfriend has had the same problem with them. I actually called around to three different stores asking for a corporate number and every single person began to screen the call and stutter. It began to sound more and more like a scam or a cover up. WOW! Can somebody please put these people in their place. I mean come on its only 18.00 bucks.

JohnnyBoy!!! Jan 05, 2010

Their is no corporate number bc all of these gyms are individual operated. Cancellation policy is very simple as well, 30 day written notice and you can do so by either stopping into a gym (best way possible), write a letter, email or fax. now if you dont stop in here is what you do ... call them to make sure it was recieved. that simple. Sometimes letters dont make it, is it your fault? no. is it the gyms fault? no. There is no way to know if you really sent the letter on your part though bc if they took your word for it and all of there 1000 members said yeah i sent it in too, the business wouldnt make anymore. Just like everything else read your agreement before signing and ask questions. Those that dont are the ones that complain.

• Hi
    Hipeople Aug 30, 2010

This place was great ...but the stupid plastic card they have pissed me off...i have been going to this gym for 4 years..my picture is in the computer..I know my number by heart and I also have a Texas ID...but they just had to have this stupid plastic card ...screw them and shove the card up your [censor] !! I have watched people cancel over and over again because of this ...

JoeyDiamond Oct 22, 2010

Rule of thumb is don't use automated billing for anything. The contract states they can charge a cancellation fee, which I'llworry about if they decide to acknowledge my cancelation request. Most businesses of this type use automatic billing. Buy equipment and work out at home if someone doesn't trust you to pay the bill.