First Datamoney scam

First Data Of Simi Valley CA is currently my credit card processing company and I am writing to report some of their latest scams and deceptive tactics that are misleading the public. While reviewing the September statement we discovered a charge for $119.75 under annual compliance service, this charge was not authorized by me and offers no value added to my business. When I called the company they informed me that the charge was automatic and was not refundable. They also stated that they have the right to bill me anything they want as far as they note it on the statement the month before. I do not think that this is fair and that it is taking advantage of the general public and small businesses. They are hoping that nobody would notice and dispute the charge and their service agreement hides these deceptive techniques in their fine print. This is unethical and deserves and investigation as there may be millions of dollars of these illegal fees at stack, why should small businesses and consumers pay Visa and Master Card system maintenance fees? They get paid commission and service fee on every transaction!

This is another scam that is making Credit card company rich of the hard working public.

There statement is very deceiving, the notification about the charge was buried on bottom of the first page in Grey area and the charge was not included in the fee category, they deliberately put the fee of $119.75 in Financial Advise category so the consumers won�t notice it. See Copy of the first two pages I referenced below. Furthermore, they continue to charge more fees and last month statement showed two more fee and they offered no alternatives to the consumer, pay the fee or the cancellation penalty charge!

Resolution Sought: Refund the fees and revise their billing tactics to become a more transparent Company.

Date Problem Started: 10/10/2008

Date of Transaction: 09/01/2008

Amount in Dispute: $119.75

Invoice Number: [protected]

Complaint Type: Selling Practices

Product or Service: Hidden Annual Compliance fee of $119.75 that was not authorized.

• Ad
    Adam3366 Nov 05, 2015

they mislead me when I first signed with them ..I tried to solve the problem but they gave me the run around ..they are charging me excessive illegal fees and they refuse to adjust or cancel the services and they threatened me to report to credit bearu if I canceled the services

• Sc
    scammed in Canada2 Jul 17, 2013

fist data are CROOKS!!

• Ju
    junkbox Dec 22, 2010

Right there with joe8366 and mano7263, to the tune of 20K - Thomas Allen in the Risk Management department is about as unprofessional as they come. It's a miracle if anyone even answers the phone to begin with, the only line that seems to be staffed is option 6 Cancellation Dept. - Totally unprofessional, I've been in business too long to be called a crook by some snot nosed out of college punk. so now I'm on the hook to provide my services for free...while they hold the money hostage?...and I'm the criminal?

Mano7263 Sep 23, 2010

They signed us up for taking credit cards online, waited until we had around $3000 in charges and then, a week after, closed our account because "risk management didn't feel comfortable with our account". Now they say that they will hold the funds at least for 120 days or more, in the meantime they charged me over $400 in bogus administrative charges. What a nightmare. My lawyer is looking into a class-action. Any ideas let me know: [email protected]

• Aa
    AAron Coleman Jun 07, 2010

They are currently gauging me for about $1100...so far. I'm having a very difficult time dealing with this. Please contact [email protected] when the class action suit begins.

joe8366 Apr 15, 2010

First Data approved me for a new account then one week later said they reviewed my website and are now holding all my funds 28, 000 dollars and now say they cant release the funds but have to place them in reserve. This Company is a scam and crooks.

• Fi
    firstdatascam Mar 08, 2010

We had the same experience. Go to this twitter link and retweet our post. We will let everyone know about their practices.

• Vi
    VictimofFraud May 10, 2009

Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
    Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...