First Convenience Bankoutrageous fees

M Review updated:

I have been banking with First Convenience Bank of Killeen, TX now for a few years. The ONLY reason I have chose them as my bank, and have not switched banks is because I became a single mother at age 18 and have acquired enough debt over the years to now have bad credit.
First Convenience Bank is the only bank that I am aware of that will give you a bank account with bad credit. That is why they are always referred to as the Wal-Mart Bank, or the Poor people’s bank.
I am still a single mother and still living hand to mouth. Last year I made roughly about $15, 000. Yet, last year I wound up paying over $4, 000 in bank fees. I have had to have a bank account because jobs I work at tend to not provide live checks and only provide direct deposit.
Over the last 2 years I have given the bank about $10, 000 in bank fees. Because I am stuck in a bad situation. No other bank will take me because of my poor credit, believe me I have tried. And I need a bank account for my direct deposits.
The reason why I have been paying so much in bank fees is the bank holds every single withdrawal/check/debit for 72 hours and reorders them in order from the largest to the smallest. They give you overdraft protection which allows this to happen.
About a year and a half ago my account went $700 in to the negative and I have not been able to catch up ever since then.
Every paycheck I get I go above positive again, but I have to feed my kids and I have to pay my bills, so I am forced to use the overdraft protection, and they reorder everything from largest to smallest in order to collect the most amount of fees possible, and then charge me $2.50 a day every day I am overdrawn, which is most of the month.
I literally give them between $200 and $600 a month in bank fees. I don’t know what to do anymore. I called the customer service center and not only the reps, but also the supervisors are rude, condescending, and insulting. They have extremely poor customer service.
I go to the bank branch and they flat out lie to me about policies and practices. There have been many times when I was sitting down with a bank branch representative and have customer service rep on the phone at the same time and they will tell me two conflicting things. This bank is very evil and incredibly inhumane. They would rather my child starve to death then not collect their $500 a month in bank fees.
The holding and reordering of debits to my account is not only wrong and poor business practices, but it also seems very immoral to me.

anonymoustxls Jun 03, 2016

This bank knows nothing about customer service. Just closed out my account at the bank in desoto, tx the representative was taking care of me then invited another customer to sit next to me while she finish closing my account out. No privacy. two weeks prior to this I walked in first convenience bank the one at cockrell hill, / I-30 in dallas, tx to dispute a paper draft claim. Not only was the service bad but the manger there (hispanic lady) took her sweet time taking care of me and later I found out she never submitted my claim through. I had to redo the claim over after I call customer service to complain about it. I'm done with this bank!!!

• Ka
    Kathy Middleton Apr 28, 2015

Charged overdraft fee for a $5 charge that I told them was done accidentally. Then charged another fee after 6 days in negative! I asked them kindly to reverse charges because I am on a fixed income but they show no mercy. So now I'm paying $100 dollars for a $5 charge!!!

• To
    toshajinx Oct 06, 2014

OMG what ever happened to accountability? A complaint about overdraft fees, really?

• Sm
    SmrtrThnYou Jan 12, 2014

Salsido - are you serious? You really think you can join a class action lawsuit by saying "count me in" on a complaint board? Why is your account negative? If you didn't overdraw or have NSF checks you wouldn't be negative - so, it sounds like the issue is with you - not the bank.
    So many people on here complaining but refusing to look at themselves and admit they had anything to do with the problem in the first place.
    Also, there is a new invention called "Spell Check" - it's really cool - it will actually tell you if you've misssspelllleed a word - see, like the one I just wrote - when I intentionally spelled it incorrectly there was suddenly a red underline under the misspelled word --- meaning I had to correct it! Amazing, isn't it?!?!?!

Salsido Dec 20, 2013

I am having the same problem as all the stories above and I have only been with the bank for two months. The reason I opened this account is due to my husband now working out of town and very long hours. The weekend is the only time he can deposit. I have to close the account but like everyone else I cannot until it is not negative. So I am trapped the first client the single mother's story broke my heart. I was involved in a similar class action lawsuit against Wells Fargo and Bank Of America. The banks were ordered to reimburse us for most of the fees. If there is a lawsuit/complaint started please count me in [email protected] Looks like there are more sites with complaints so I would think we would have enough to start a class action lawsuit to make them stop this.

• Ji
    jill lynn Aug 31, 2013

This is the ONLY bank I've ever known to use NOSE GOES, which Is where the last person to put their finger to their nose has to help the customer. This is ridiculous because they do it right in front of their customers. I no longer bank here not only because of how horrible they are with information and actually putting things in the system right, but also because their ethics of customer service are TERRIBLE. Levelland is definitely one of them, when I would stop through there for business I'd always see the employees talking about personal lives IGNORING the customer or as I said before, using nose goes. Every bank like this I've been to always messed up my account. I strongly do not recommend this bank.

• Dg
    D gutierrez Jun 06, 2013

I have banked with this bank for over a year now and found that they are very nice and helpful and neve had any problem with them. I think if you would keep better track of your bank account you would not see all these terrible fees and overdraft charges, it's not the banks fault you don't know how o mange your money.

• Rg
    RGILLWOD Jun 06, 2013

this bank closed my account and husbands, then took my husbands money to pay for fee over a week ago, then when my direct deposit wasnt cancelled due to corporate rules my company does the direct deposit to the closed account. 1stcb decides to reopen my account to allow the money to come through, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!

• Pi
    PiscesQT73 Nov 29, 2012

I opened an account there here in Houston TX and was the worst thing I could have done. I have had ALL the same issues! RUN, I don't care what they offer to open the account, its NOT worth it and you will sorry, and robbed by their so called 'justified' fee's.

• Wi
    Wise Guy2323 Aug 18, 2012

I feel sorry for every single one of you who have nothing but negativity to say about this bank. I have banked with them for about 2 years already and have not once received a fee. If your bright, smart, intelligent, wise, NOT STUPID, enough to keep up with YOUR MONEY, then you wont have to worry about such fees. But if you didn't graduate college then I'm sure you have another thing coming. First Convenience Bank offers things other banks don't and the POOR people are to STUPID to realize that cause they make STUPID mistakes and don't want to blame their selves so they blame FCB. GROW UP and GET YOUR GDE folks!!!

ITREALLYSUCKS May 19, 2012

The customer service needs help, even to dispute a transaction they don't want to be of any help to the customer. To ask them to do something right it takes a miracle. Where do they get the people from who work at this bank, apparently they fell asleep in training class or did they even take a training class to begin with.

• Wh
    whitneyr May 19, 2012

I live in texas and bank with 1st conevience bank. In 09 I ran afoul of thier 'overdraft privillege' of which i was not aware was on my account. I managed to scrape money together to pay off the outlandish fees and kindly had the 'privillege' removed as to avoid such situations in the future. In late january of this year my wife was added to my account which is the only major change i have made.
    So to the problem at hand. This last week I have used my debit card a number of times at my work, small purchases lunch here a drink their some groceries. Now i find i am almost $700 in the hole! The bank tells me that when my wife was added to the account we opted to have our 'privillege' turned back on. I assure you that had it been proposed I would have declined again. My wife had to sign a number of papers, I never had any reason to consider that after signing papers to turn off this function that it would come up ever, or at the least if it did someone would mention it.
    So ultimately yes I could have monitored my funds better to be sure, but thats why i requested the overdraft be turned off to begin with. Yes we signed paper work but we took it in good faith that the only change was to add my wife on the account, why wouldn't we? I live paycheck to paycheck and I cant help but feel I have been decieved and swindled. Im making phone calls to the bank but get rude stonewalled defenses offering me to turn my fees into a 6 month high interest loan, how conevient. Does this sound wrong to anyone else or am I just niave.

ITREALLYSUCKS May 16, 2012

The customer service needs an upgrade, they all need to go back to training classes and learn the job they have. The fees are outrageous, I contacted them 5 times to change my address and they still sending statements to my old address, do not understand why. I send emails and get reply back with not what i asked for, they do need help.

ITREALLYSUCKS May 16, 2012

They are very incompetent when it comes to answering your questions and assisting customers accordingly. I got disconnected at a branch because my cellphone went dead, and the rep i was talking to didnt even call me back on my landline number. I would say the employees, including managers need to go back to training classes without breaks and learn more about the job they have and customer service, they do need help.

• Mr
    Mrsgiffin May 11, 2012

This is our problem too! We over drafted 200 because we had to pay bills, my husband is army so we get paid 1st and 15th. Well because the 200 we went over it gathered fees where we were Neg 852!!! Couldn't pay rent. And now they did it AGAIN.
    Over draft fees should be the same amount each time!!! One was for $60 another over draft fee was $110!!!
    I'm ending my account with them and reporting them.
    I suggest nobody bank with them!

• Co
    Concerned Citizen for the Military Apr 18, 2012

There is a class action lawsuit. Check out this link: http://www.vosslawfirm.com/practice_areas/bank-fraud.cfm. You will find the complaint/petition on this website. First Convenience Bank, First National Bank and Fort Hood National Bank are owned by the same people. Finally, someone has come to the defense of the "poor" people. Hooray for those attorneys at that law firm.

Daniel CHAMBERLAIN Dec 18, 2011

so about not happen a again from jan

Daniel CHAMBERLAIN Dec 18, 2011

i do like the way ya do you buisnies like still had bill to paid do ya want paid my bill from me

Daniel CHAMBERLAIN Dec 18, 2011

You know it sucks you can't even get on lone to check your account on line.

• Sl
    SlayerGal Sep 29, 2011

Did you go transaction by transaction?

Even if the account is positive now, the way the transactions process could mean a negative amount occurred somewhere along the way.

$100 balance
    - $150 check
    + $200 deposit
    = $150 balance

If the check processed before the deposit, it was in overdraft.

• Os
    Oslode Sep 29, 2011

Bank is debiting account with overdraft fees with positive balances.

• Kr
    Kristi B Sep 17, 2011

I opened an acount because i needed to cash a check on sunday. About a week later I had to quit working, and so I tried to close out the account. They told me I could not close out the account for 90 days. WHAT??? I said I am no longer working, and will no be able to do direct deposit, they said just put 10 in and use your debit card...YOU NEVER GAVE ME A DEBIT CARD...they claim to have sent me a debit card TWICE. I dont have one, and even if I did, I am not working, and NEED THE ACCOUNT CLOSED. They now call me 6-7 times A DAY because my account is overdrawn (because they charged me a monthly fee for not using the debit card or direct deposit). They continue to charge me a monthly fee, PLUS an overdraft fee, PLUS the $2 or $3 PER DAY its overdrawn. I cant pay it, and they wont let me close the account, now until it is paid. WHAT????????????????? Nobody told me if I opened an account here, I cant close it for 90 days!!!

Benbenbellhimself May 24, 2011

I over drafted sixty six dollors and they want three hundred and fifty dollors for it.

• Hi
    HighBankFees Apr 18, 2011

That is fine. I am not asking for any personal information. I just would like to find a group of people interested in pursuing some cause of action against this bank. Once we have had some correspondence and you feel comfortable/uncomfortable with the idea then you can make a decision.

Wait until you have been screwed bad enough and you might email me.

Go to the BBB if you'd like...Or contact me and maybe we can stop the bank from charging these outrageous fees AND put money in our own pocket. Its up to you.

• Hi
    HighBankFees Apr 13, 2011

Please contact me at [email protected] if you have had bad experience with this bank. I am conducting an investigation and would like to hear from you. Please feel free to email me. Everything said will be confidential. WE need to put a stop to institutions like this one!!

BeccaLeeG Apr 01, 2011

An update to my previous complaint about First Convenience Bank/First State Bank Texas. So I called back later that day after I was told they had not received the fax, after being put on hold they finally came back on the line and said the fax that my Doctors office sent was incomplete. They told me that it needed to say my complete name and it needed to explain the situation/reason of the matter. The lady tried to tell me that it just had an initial for my first name and then my last name. I was beyond mad. I said I was told when I originally called back on January 21, that it needed to be on my Doctors letterhead, my name and the reason, and a statement saying to please return any refunds due to their mistake. She just kept repeating I was going to have to have the Doctors office refax the letter. Oh and she told me that it didn't have my account number on there or anything. I was like excuse me? I said my doctors’ office doesn't even have my account number. I used my debit card. I said I am not going to just give my account number to someone over the phone. Why would I do that? Then they said oh well then your debit card number. I said excuse me, I am not going to give my debit card number to them over the phone either. I said maybe the person that does bookkeeping sees my debit card number but the person that sits at the desk only sees the last four digits of my debit card. So why am I going to go give them my whole debit card number? I said is the last four digits fine? The lady said yes that will do. I was like really? I said NO, I was never told it had to have my account number on there, let me speak to your supervisor. So a guy got on the phone, I explained myself and I said I was told exactly what had to be on the letter, and now you guys are trying to tell me something different. I started with what the lady just told me about the account number, he was like yeah it needs to have that, I stated the same thing I did with the lady about I am not going to give my account number to someone. I brought up my debit card he said well that will work too. I said well the person at the desk doesn't have the whole number they just have the last four digits. He started to say yeah that will work. I cut him off and I said well which one is it? Which one do I need to have? Because I am not calling my doctors’ office and wasting every ones time just for you to tell me my next letter is incomplete. He said well hold on I don't know let me check. I said, what do you mean you don't know? You are the supervisor, why don't you know? I can't remember at this point if he put me on hold and found out the answer or if I just said, NO let me speak to your supervisor. Oh wait I remember, I said who is the President, he couldn't tell me right off almost like someone was in the background telling him what to say, put me on hold and then came back on the line with the name. Which after I did research guess what, the President of the Bank is also on the Board for the Better Business Bureau. Go figure. But anyways I waited for his supervisor and then finally another lady got on the phone, I explained the situation to her, she put me on hold while researching the situation, got back on the phone and told me she did locate the fax and then tried to tell me that my name was spelled incorrect that is why they were not able to identify it with my account. See I spell my name slightly different than most people by one letter, instead of an 'e' my name is spelled with an 'a'. Anyways I thought to myself hmmm, I know what name is spelled wrong everyone spells it wrong. I asked her what name is spelled wrong. She said well how do you spell your name? I said with an 'A', she said ok see it is wrong. I never said anything to her, but remember when I said I spoke to the first girl when I originally called? Well she told me that the Doctors office didn't even put my first name she tried to tell me it had an initial for my first name and only had my last name. So I already caught them in a lie. But back to the current supervisor I am talking to. I said seriously? You are going to tell me that this letter is incomplete because of one letter? Everyone spells my name wrong. She tried to tell me well it has to match up because we have to know for sure it is for you. I said again seriously? How many people with a name like mine have a fax coming in from the exact same doctors’ office with this exact same issue? I told them you know after all the consumer complaints I have been reading on you guys, it says you guys are going to do this, it says you guys will keep finding an issue with everything I do, keep telling me it is denied for some new reason. No, I am not calling my doctors office and telling them to refax it. The lady told me ok she made the corrections on the fax and has linked it to my account and that she will put it in front of the person who has to approve it. She then looked over my account and told me that 3 out of the 4 overdraft charges will be examined...See when this all happened my doctors office went out of town for the last week and a half of January and then after they got back the first week of February 2011 they were closed due to bad weather (ice and snow), so after the three original overdraft charges, I got paid, which I had to pay rent, so when my paycheck got deposited, and brought it back to the positive I had just enough money in my account to pay rent, it left me with like 15 dollars in my account, which I did not spend any of it, went two more weeks without buying milk or anything. Well the day before I got my next paycheck I had an automatic payment come in, which posted literally the day before my paycheck gets deposited. So I told the lady NO there are 4 overdraft charges. She said well she didn't know if they will consider the fourth one because I had a deposit since then. I said excuse me? If I never had the three overdraft charges I would have had the money to begin with. I am not going to not pay my rent just because of all this. I told her all I did was pay my rent, buy a pair of gloves because I work outside and that is it. She said she would make note of it to be examined too. Well finally that night or next morning I looked at my account and they had finally refunded three out of the four overdraft charges. But I was still furious over the fourth not being refunded, so I wasted more of my time and called back up there. The second someone got on the phone I didn't ask to speak to a supervisor, I said I want to speak to a MANAGER. I don't know if I actually still got a Supervisor or if it was actually a Manager, but I explained the whole situation, the lady asked me why I was handling this now since almost 3 weeks had gone by. I repeated to her, that I had explained from the get go that my Doctors office was on vacation and then out of the office due to weather, she was like oh ok...I told her that they did finally refund three out of the four overdrafts, but I would have never had the fourth overdraft if they had never taken out the original three. I told her I understand you probably have people calling all the time that try to get their money refunded when they intentionally go over their available funds, or when they themselves accidently go over their available funds. But this was never my fault; this was a mistake that the Doctors office did. She took just a few minutes looked it over and told me that she just credited the overdraft charge back to my account. I was like THANK YOU. See it still makes me think that she must have been an actual Manager for the fact that when I had previously called I was always told by the so called Supervisors that they could not make any changes. So either the previous Supervisors lied, or asking for the Manager finally got something done. That or they finally put a flag on my account that said I had spoken to all Supervisors already. Who knows? All I know is I wasted more time and energy getting MY MONEY back. But I did finally get MY MONEY back.

• Ky
    KyleJ Apr 01, 2011

I was a customer of First convience bank several years ago, and the crap they pulled was to say the least creative. I deposited a certified funds check into my account in which they immediately let me write a check against the deposit for $800.00 it was December knowing that I was going to be spending it in the store. I could not cash or present checks to walmart at the time due to someone cashing a couple of thousand of dollar of check on an account that had been closed when I shut down the business. Anyway I was in Elpaso at the time did my shopping and spent time with the family. I proceeded back to Marble Falls in central Texas. I then proceed to write checks on the deposit it even showed up in the account as posted. By weeks end I had business and individuals calling me about returned checks and got best of my memory a stack of notices from them stating the items were returned unpaid. I was hot, and lucky me I had an office across the street from them. I went over to them they then informed me that there had been a "hold" placed on the check. I ask them when was this done and why wasn't I notified. They then proceed to tell me that the Elpaso branch had placed the hold an that they were the only ones who could release the hold. I had them call the Elpaso branch which stated they were taking the precaution since the check was out of the area and could not release it untill 11 business days had passed. I asked them to provide me with a notice of the hold, and when they said they did have any notice amazingly the hold was just vanished into thin air. I had to fight for weeks to get back nearly $500 in fees they charged me. They kept wanting to get the "fresh start loan" and this was just another way for them to make more money; however, I knew and had even printed off a statement showing the funds posted to the account that the fees were not my fault and I was not about to give them more money on top of what they were attempting to charge me. To make matters even worse they were also in possession of a CD in the amount of $4000.00 in which I had a line of credit against they simply though if all of the fess were charged then I would just pay. WRONG! I spent nearly every afternoon at that branch until all of the fees were refunded. I had during this time opened another account at a local bank and started putting everything in it. I waited until the last check I had written cleared and closed the accounts out. There was a couple of automatice payments that had not been switched over to the new bank yet. I had completed the paperwork but it hadn't updated in their system yet (car payment, health insurance, auto insurance, renters insurance, and a few other misc stuff). After the account was CLOSED these automatice payment were presented. The bank reopened the account and charged me return fees on all of the automatice payments, and by the time I got notice of all the fees is was again somewhere in the ball park of $500. They stated that if I didn't pay I would be reported to a collection agency. I immediately filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, the FDIC, and other entities. About two month later I got a letter from the bank stating that it was an error on their computer's end and that the account was closed and no fees were due. If you bank here be damn prepared to fight to keep your money. It doesn't matter if you keep a register or not if they can find a way to slap you with a fee they sure will. You would be better off going to ACE Check Cashing, Money Box, Netspend, or any pre-paid account that you can deposit into, or contact a local Credit Union they have a lot avenues that you can get the most out of YOUR MONEY. There are also a lot of other banks out there that will work with you.

BeccaLeeG Feb 10, 2011

First of all, I do know how to manage my money, here is my complaint, read it all. Now I would agree with you on some of the peoples complaints, they actually admit to making the mistake, but I assure you there are lots of people who are not a fault and the bank is committing fraud. Here is my story:

First Convenience Bank/First National Bank Texas is scammers and frauds. I don't understand how they are still in business.

On January 18, 2011 I went to the doctors, my account balance was $67.79, I had to pay $10, they accidently punched in $100, and he immediately refunded $90. I have the receipt that shows the refund being refunded literally 38 seconds later. Well I checked my bank account on January 20, 2 days later (on my lunch break), and it showed it having a pending transaction of the $100 but showed nothing for the refund of $90. And even though the $100 was a pending transaction the bank had already applied (posted) an overdraft charge of $34.97 on the 18th.

I called the bank that afternoon when I got off work and I logged into my account and it did finally show the $90 pending, but now it still shows the $100 still pending too, so the $34.97 overdraft charge I incurred on Jan 18th was taken out of my $67.79 balance leaving me with a balance of $32.38, I had a $4.34 charge on the 19th which made my balance $28.48.

But since the $100 and $90 are still pending which when the $100 would post my account would be in the negative causes me to get charged another $34.97 overdraft charge. (Now remember I had already gotten charged for this on the 18th, which is what made my balance go from $67.79 to $32.38).

So now my account is -$6.49 and yet both the $100 charge and $90 refund are still pending. So then on January 20th they finally post the charge and refund...But CHECK THIS OUT...They post the $90 refund to my account first, which puts it at a positive balance, then post the $100 charge to my account to put it back to a negative balance, so guess what I got charged another overdraft charge of $34.97, and then they charged this time a $2.49 account negative balance fee too.

But back to when I originally called the bank, they said oh well it takes up to three days for a refund to show, then they said in order to get this refunded I would have to have my doctor fax them a letter explaining the mistake, and to refund any charges due to their mistake, well I had to wait because the whole office went on vacation until the end of January, returning on February 1st, and then was closed that whole next week due to all the ice and snow in the DFW area, to anyone not from Texas, just remember the Super Bowl 45 media coverage, about all the ice and snow.

So now they (my doctors) are back and I called them and told them to fax this letter, aside from the fact that they think this is ridiculous and uncalled for (as I agree with them), they went ahead and sent the letter last night, at 5pm. I called the bank back at 7:00pm or 7:30pm. The bank told me they have not received any fax. Since my doctor’s office was closed I could not confirm last night if they had sent the fax or not. So this morning (Feb. 10th) I called my doctors office and that is when I found out they had sent it at 5:00pm and the fax did go through. But he also mentioned he would go ahead and send the fax a second time.

I called the bank back AGIAN, and guess what? They are telling me they still have not received the fax. After I got upset and said I know for a fact he sent the fax. They said oh, well then the person that has to look it over probably has it, but until they can look it over and then investigate the account it will not show anything. Said they get lots of faxes every day. Told me to call back later this afternoon.

I have the print outs of my account information for 3 different days, showing how the transactions have been pending and then officially posted from the start. The one thing I learned in College was you have to print out EVERYTHING. This way you have proof from one day to the next. Because the final thing that ever shows will make sense to an outsider. But I have the proof from day one, when I noticed this FRAUD.

My doctors office actually said, it sound like they are just trying to scam you, they are just hoping that I will forget about this and just let it go, because usually the longer something takes and the more time that goes by, most people will just say oh well, forget it. NOT ME.

I hope a lawyer reads this and can maybe suggest a plan of what to do. There should be a class action lawsuit against them. I have paperwork showing how they adjust the charges and refunds, and how they have charged me more than once for the same thing, in order to make more money for them. That is FRAUD and THEFT.

I have never had a bank do this. I assure you after my last already arranged automatic deposit comes in, I WILL CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT, and NEVER OPEN another account with them.

BeccaLeeG Feb 10, 2011

First of all, I do know how to manage my money, here is my complaint, read it all. Now I would agree with you on some of the peoples complaints, they actually admit to making the mistake, but I assure you there are lots of people who are not a fault and the bank is commiting fraud. Here is my story:

On January 18, 2011 I went to the doctors, my account balance was $67.79, I had to pay $10, they accidently punched in $100, and he immediately refunded $90. I have the receipt that shows the refund being refunded literally 38 seconds later. Well I checked my bank account on January 20, 2 days later (on my lunch break), and it showed it having a pending transaction of the $100 but showed nothing for the refund of $90. And even though the $100 was a pending transaction the bank had already applied (posted) an overdraft charge on the 18th in the amount of $34.97.

• Bl
    blondezone2000 Feb 04, 2011

For I.KEEP.A REGISTER.
    for someone who keeps a register and never gets fees you shure do know alot about them. I say spoken from a true FCB employee! other than that, good luck to you all.

• Is
    isra007 Dec 29, 2010

First Convenience Bank is a rip off bank. They charge foreign ATM Withdrawal Fees, Negative Balance Fee, Ridiculous Overdraft Fees. What they do is when you go online to check your account, not everything is posted and even the tellers at the bank tell you not to listen to the online postings. Well, why do they offer this type of postings if they are not accurate? Why because they want money. If you have transactions pending and they overdraft by a bit, the bank automatically charges your account their overdraft fees and at this point puts you in the red even more. Once they have cleared and come from pending to paid, they will charge you another overdraft fee. For a couple of things that were over drafted, I got charged 8 overdraft fees. The stupid manager tries to explain to me but makes no sense. I ask him why do they have online services if they are not accurate, but they seem to go around the question. My recommendation to you is to get out of this bank, they are nothing but crooks.

• Fe
    Feythhealer Dec 03, 2010

Well I am taking a stand against the bank, send any and all information about how the bank has treated/wronged you, if you would like to help then please contact:
    David Espinosa, Legislative aide to:
    email: [email protected]
    Address: 400 S. Zang Blvd
    Suite 801
    Dallas, Tx 75208
    We cannot allow this to continue!

• Ya
    Yance12345 Nov 17, 2010

Don't believe what these bankers tell you! I was with FCB because I worked late and was convenient for me to go inside Krogers after work since FCB was open late. However, like others I incurred a few OD fees. My problem with this bank is not the overdraft fees I incurred as other banks had the same policies. HOWEVER, when the new laws were passed against ODP this bank straight out lied to my face every time I went inside there.

Make no mistake, these banks that operate inside grocery stores are used for the convenience of people like me that have to work late and need a bank with flexible work hours. Or people who have bad credit and need a second chance bank. They make a huge chunk of their revenue from over draft fees, not as much revenue from loans or investments. Without your overdraft fees this bank will have a hard time surviving.

After the law was passed that they couln't give me ODP without my consent they tried to convince me to sign off on it each time I went in there. Every time, I told them I did not want the ODP. If a charge hit my account that I did not account for, I wanted to deal with the actual merchant instead of the bank covering the charge and hitting me the $34 fee. When I denied them a few times they started to get more aggressive and tried to have me sign another form stating that even if I dont have ODP and I get hit for a charge that I don't have enough balance for they WONT pay the charge but will STILL CHARGE me the $34 OD fee, similar to a "bounced check".

I found this fraudulent bc they made it seem like all banks were doing this. I really thought it was sketchy when I asked to take the most recent form home to review. They told me they weren't allowed to let me take it. Hmmmm... interesting. So I immediately closed out my account with FCB!

Do yourself a favor and do the same!

• Fe
    Feythhealer Oct 30, 2010

I am having the same problems, I had money in the band and my direct deposit paycheck was pending at midnight. They withheld my paycheck so they could overdraft me. When all is said and done after them lieing to me and telling me they would take care of it and dont worry. I was soon told they would do nothing for me and now I am over $700 in the hole with them. I told them I was going to report them and I will not pay them because they made the mistake I took them off Direct deposit and and now being told they will not help me untill I set direct deposit back up.

• Dl
    dl browm Oct 20, 2010

Since our time my mom who I’m her caretaker & myself at First Convenience Bank we have had our share of banking concerns all that have been professionally resolved.

I basically bank at the same center located inside Kroger’s Food Store in Richardson, Texas on Buckingham & Audellia Road.

But, recently I had an incident that really angered and frustrated me greatly due to an error on one of the teller’s part, the solution offered by both the banking center’s manager and customer support group.

On Thursday, October 7th, 2010 my wallet was stolen. Immediately following the theft I went to my usual banking center, explained my situation, requested possible account protection solutions and requested my mother’s bank card which was the only bank card issued on this account be closed asap!

I was informed by the Asst. Manager that my account would be fully protected in case anyone attempted to do banking transactions in person with or without identification. I felt better knowing that our pictures pop up anytime an inside transaction occurs.

I was also informed by the teller who took my mother’s bank card that she had closed it and re-issued another one to be mailed. I was also issued a temporary ATM card.

On Friday, October 8th, 2010 I called the automated services and discovered that a automatic debit scheduled to be debited from my account on October 8th was pending.

Once the bank opened I went to the bank, spoke with the branch manager and discovered that the teller NEVER closed the card. In fact, she re-issued me, not my mother, anew bank card and left my mother’s card opened which allowed the automatic debit to transact.

The manager closed the debit card and re-issued my mother anew bank card. Well once the card was closed I discovered via automatic services on Saturday, October 9th, that the money had been forced back into the account which was fine due to the fact, I had contacted the company that was to receive the payment and made new arrangements for them to receive their money.

I withdrew the money in the amount of $330.00 on that Saturday morning in order to pay the company owed. From Saturday October 9th until Tuesday, October 12th, my balance via automatic services as well as various ATM bank ledgers showed a clear balance without any pending debits. In fact, during that time I showed a clear $33.00 balance until that Tuesday, October 12th when I withdrew $20.00 and had an additional $2.50 ATM charge.

On Wednesday, October 13th, to my shock and surprise I called the automatic services and was informed I was in the negative by $574.00. I was outraged by this overdraft. I went back to the banking center, spoke to the manager, revisited the situation I explained to him on that Friday, October 8th and asked that something be done about ALL of those overdrafts on my account due to a error initially initiated by the teller (her failure to close the bank card although she assured me she did)!

The manager informed me that he was not able to deduct such large amount in overdrafts fees and would contact the district who in return would contact me. As a courtesy he gave me a ATM transaction booklet and told me to keep better records of my account although this error started with his teller!

Well the manager nor the district contacted me. Only a few overdrafts were deducted and I also contacted the customer support group only to receive a “run a round” explanation but no satisfaction!

I had to pay all of the remaining overdrafts on a ERROR THAT WAS NOT MINE! I did what I was held accountable to do once my wallet was initially stolen only for First Convenience Bank to make matters even more unpleasant!

I was not aware nor did the manager explain to me that although he closed the bank card and the money was forced back into my account that the transaction would still go through! I would never have withdrawn the money from my account had I known that the bank would honor the withdrawl although the card had been closed!

What made matters worst, there was never an apology from the teller or the manager for poor customer service that cost me SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS! Especially from the manager who had to correct the error and I pointed out the teller who initiated the error!

This bank is a DEATHTRAP for those who really need a second chance in banking! I hope many will read this and ESCAPE while you can!!!

anonymoustxls Sep 29, 2010

I can finally say "I'M DONE WITH THIS SECOND CHANCE BANK." This bank gave me this worst customer service i ever encountered with a bank. I opened an account with this bank a year ago because i was forced to close my account with my previous bank. I was unable to open an account with any other bank because i owed a debt. I took care of those issues and I'm determined not to let it happened again. Proud to say I'm a new customer with Bank of America.

not.ok.w/.being.ripped.off Aug 22, 2010

Well to I.Keep.A.Register, you couldnt be more wrong about what you just wrote. I have had this bank for three years now, I had heard bad things about it but never experienced any of them as it was my second bank account. My husband and I share an account with USAA and we each have our own separate account, him with Fort Hood National Bank, and I with First Convenience Bank. Its the same bank only he has military benefits that First Convenient Bank customers dont get. Well about a month ago, right before my husband left to NTC in California, he had me stop at the atm and check the balance on his card. He had like a dollar in his account. Ok no problem. Then just over this last week, I went to my bank and deposited 220 dollars so I could purchase my husbands birthday present. I was assured that since it was a cash deposit it would be available that day. So I come home get online and try to purchase his present. Doesnt work. I go online and my deposit isnt there. I call them and they say it wont hit until tomorrow. Uh ok well thats telling me 2 different things. Annoying but no big deal. Next day, Thursday, I purchase his present and went and purchased 10 dollars in gas. the present was 208 dollars. should have left my balance at 2 dollars exactly. I get online today to see if the money had been taken out and haha surprise!! I have 2 DENIAL FEES...Are you kidding me! I got denied because they told me the money would be ready to use immediately and it wasnt! I have never ever seen this EVER. I call them and they tell me that they have denial fees and everyone does. NO EVERYONE DOESNT. I have never had my card denied with this bank before but they tell me that the fee will be applied even if the denial isnt because I dont have money in the account. If there is something wrong with the machine your running the card on, or something wrong with the strip and your card gets denied you get charged the fee. Luckily the bank computer made a mistake and charged me twice and refunded 2 dollars and made my account not negative anymore. Had remained negative for 5 days that would have been 2.49 every business day. SORRY EVERY BANK DOES NOT CHARGE BS FEE LIKE THAT MR. I.KEEP.A.REGISTER. I should had money in there based off of what they told me. And that is a BS fee.
    Then I go back and look at my husbands account and his account has been closed. Turns out, when I went to the ATM to check his balance...they charged us 2 dollars just to check the balance at an ATM. Put his account negative so they closed his account. Imagine that, they cant charge him the normal fees because he is military but they didnt hesitate to close it because of there charge. It may not be the 100's of dollars these people have been charged but the point is that those are ridiculous fees and yes they are robbing people for every little thing they can get away with. AND EVERY BANK DOES NOT DO THAT BS!

Suggestions are to go to credit unions, you dont need good credit and they generally dont charge fees as they are owned by people...kind of like co-ops. Check into a credit union.

• Om
    omahaboy17 Aug 17, 2010

First Convenience Bank is the most terrible bank that has ever come into dallas. They quickly sent me a card, and told me to throw the other one away, which I did. So I have not used my "card" since receiving it, and now II have over 200 dollars in bank fees from fraud, which they told me that they were "deeply sorry about, but since I threw away the wrong card" there was nothing they could do about it. And I don't know who they think is capable of paying over 74 dollars a month in fees, that won't even go towards your balance. I'm a real person with bills to pay, and paying them off all at once means my kids don't eat. this is a corrupt bank, any suggestions?

• Bo
    Boytextdoor Aug 14, 2010

We need to do a class action lawsuit and get our money back like what just happened to Wells Fargo in California and the judge ordered the bank to refund fees to customers totalling over 200 million plus! Who's on board?

• Pe
    People Power May 05, 2017

@Boytextdoor I agree, count me in!!! The only way to get this and all banking institution, for that matter, to change they way they do business... is to get in "their wallets." Class action suit, I am on board and I am sure there are countless others out there that feel the same way and are willing to take a stand against unfairness. They just closed my account for the reason other than "no activity" for less than three months...this is just the latest of many problems I have had with this bank. They said the program I was under does not exist anymore and I would have to open a new account. I have had the same account for over 10 years with no monthly fees, no minimum balanced or transactions required. I was told that my account was grandfathered and it should have not been closed. However, the only way to bank with them "now", which is unfair, is to open a new account. An account in which, I would have to pay a monthy maintenance fee, make x-number of monthly electronic transactions, and or maintain a high monthly minimum balance. This bank prays on and sets up in areas with high socioeconomically disadvantaged and transient populations. With everything being electronic consumers having little to no choice, but to bank in areas in which they live. All banking institutions following these unethical and unfair business practices, do so just because the can, gouge the pockets of the American people and help to keep the class system alive and thriving in America. We the America people allow banking institutions to to make money off of our hard earned dollars. We allow them to tell us, what we can and can not do with our own money and I say it is time to take a stand. To all Americans, young and old, take all of your money out of the bank, as soon as your direct deposit hits, leave enough in just to keep it open, if you like. Stop using your debit and credit cards and start paying in good old fashion cash...pennies if you have to, or if you must, money orders! Change banks, find one with on fees, minimum transaction or balance requirements. When the American people realize just how much "power" they have by paying in cash and start doing so, only then, will banking institutions world wide start singing a different tune.

People Power
    [email protected]

• Ba
    Banks Back Up Jul 31, 2010

Banks, like any other businesses, are there to make money, it just happens to be that Over Draft Charges are their main money maker. If people knew how to balance their money, things like this would not happen. First convenience Bank offers tons of programs to help fellow community bankers make credit, establish a relatinship with their bank, etc. Its easy to blame someone else for our own mistakes. So let's not judge something, like this bank, for someone' s bad experience that could have been fixed by filling an unauthorized activity form. There are plenty of ways to fix an issue like this, all you have to do is contact someone in a decent amount of time, not a month later.
    P.S. I speak from experiance!
    yours truly,