Menu
Fidelity Investments Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Fidelity Investments
reviews & complaints

www.netbenefits.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.6 155 Reviews

Fidelity Investments Complaints Summary

14 Resolved
113 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Fidelity Investments's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Fidelity Investments. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Fidelity Investments reviews & complaints

J
4:15 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fidelity Investments Fidelity accounts

I had 5 accounts with fidelity, cash management, brokerage, 401k, fidelity spend-save, etc. they randomly restricted/closed my accounts over a month ago and won’t let me login or give me a reason why or even tell me how I can get my money out from the said closed accounts. I’ve talked to 2 reps now that both said they don’t know why my accounts were closed but that they are staying closed and won’t be doing business with me moving forward. I just want my money from the accounts sent to me..

Desired outcome: My money sent to me

L
2:56 pm EDT

Fidelity Investments Retirement plan for my deceased mother

Fidelity Investments had mailed a letter stating my late mother has retirement benefits and we should reach out to start the process. It's been 2 months! I have submitted everything they have requested. I've spoken to maybe about 20 different people and each one has a different story about this account. One says documents are missing (which wasn't because I faxed everything over as well as uploaded it). One says it's being processed. They won't let me speak with the back end staff to see what exactly is going on. I keep telling them they have everything so what is the hold up! They can't provide me no information. I told them their process sucks and it's not right that they are withholding information esp since they have received everything. I feel like they are knick picking- shouldn't take this long to process!

She has pension plan with this company and was with the same employer and didn't take this long! ALL the information is the same. My mom doesn't have any property or estate! Gave everything to them!

Desired outcome: process her benefits asap! my mom has passed about 2 yrs ago.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fidelity Investments This falls under either breach or potential fraud eventually

I gave one star because had to do something to proceed I downloaded this app to potentially research some stocks and to do business with Fidelity I reached a point where I could create an account As I did information didn’t match and directed me to call an 800 number I was then transferred over to a 401(k) department unsure why and everyone was pretty adamant about who my employer was I continuously said it was irrelevant I was just trying to research some stocks I was told that why would I do that without a game plan Was asked my intentions of opening the account NO ONE LISTENS After about 10 different people from that company finally someone spilled the beans and said that my Social Security number was attached to someone that had an employee based plan at Mercy Health Fidelity refused to contact Mercy Health and have their HR department pull the initial paperwork they didn’t believe that there was a breach or any fraudulent activity No one has return any calls another Fidelity representative said I would need to fill out paperwork have my Social Security number out there again and at that point security would research the issue they basically made me feel like I was a stranger off the street trying to access someone else’s account I am disgusted how poorly Ive been treated how much disregard they took for the seriousness of this I was trying to believe it was just human error but now the real human error is that no one wants to follow up with the mistake If someone from fidelity actually cares enough to know I spoke with reach out to me But I have a feeling won’t happen whenever has the same I don’t care lazy attitude

Hide full review

Is Fidelity Investments legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Fidelity Investments as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 11% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Fidelity Investments stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Fidelity Investments should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Fidelity Investments earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Fidelity Investments achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Fidelity Investments has received 12 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Netbenefits.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Fidelity Investments website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Netbenefits.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Several positive reviews for Fidelity Investments have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Fidelity Investments has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 11% of 127 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Netbenefits.com is being iframed, Iframes can be used for legitimate, For example, iframes can be used to embed third-party content such as maps, videos, or advertisements, which can enhance the user experience.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the netbenefits.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • The website belonging to Fidelity Investments has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fidelity Investments Decent app unless you trade or invest in options

Is not adequate for someone trading everyday. For example it takes a few clicks to get to something time critical like Open Orders. But for a snapshot of where you balances and positions stands and traditional single leg option or stock trades, getting quotes or transferring funds (excluding wires) or just seeing how the stock market is doing, this is a very serviceable application.

It is very impractical to use for multi-leg option trades as the security description field is too short in the Positions view, so you you have open a full quote view for each position to see what your actual positions are, which is especially important if you have a lot of open option strategies you are trying to evaluate or execute trades in. If you have just a handful of outstanding option positions you could memorize their strike prices and expirations and you’d be fine.

The full website Option Summary position view is not available in the app. The wonderful feature logically groups complete description option positions while simultaneously showing where the underlying current security’s trade quote. That same Options Summary position view makes open option positions roll or close out trade formats available in one click, including Covered Call trade close outs of the underlying and the short call position. Full website version also has an excellent option strategy trade set up feature (Iron Condors, Spreads, etc.) not available in the app.

If you are buying or selling one legged option positions, you can get by, but multi-leg trades can be executed easily if you memorize positions and symbol structure and take a long time to enter compared to the full featured website.

B

Fidelity Investments Too Many Glitches that are Frustrating

Strange things continue happening on its web based platform without any reason. For example, Fidelity offers all of its customers the ability to generate quarterly (and daily) snapshot reports that analyze the investor’s portfolio. The quarterly reports are supposed to be generated automatically after the end of a calendar quarter. I was able to access these reports for the current quarter and prior quarters. However, the quarterly reports suddenly disappeared and I called Fidelity to ask why. They didn’t know. They submitted a request to enable me to access the next quarter’s report, and it took them two months to re-enable the reports for me. However, the prior quarterly reports could not be retrieved. After receiving the next quarterly report, however, the ability to retrieve that report was again disabled and all I could get was a daily report and I called them again to complain. They couldn’t explain why that happened and I waited a few months to have the quarterly reports restored. But, after they were restored, I couldn’t get the next quarterly report! I’ve given up on this feature and I have a reminder on my calendar to manually generate a daily report on the first day of every month without the ability to save prior month reports in my Fidelity account. In addition, their platforms position page is not customizable and the order of the accounts has suddenly changed. Again, calling Fidelity was a waste of time as they weren’t able to tell me how long, or if they could correct that problem. Their online platform stinks and doesn’t compare to TD Ameritrade or Schwab. I am a major investor and I think it’s time for me to shop around for a new broker.

O

Fidelity Investments Getting Buggy In Here

This app used to be rock solid, but lately, since about version 3.55 or 3.55.1, it's been a little concerning security-wise. It no longer displays my name when I log in (even though the switch is on), tells me it can't connect to the Glance Network when I start it up (why would I ever need to give someone remote access?), and sometimes even shows I have no accounts, or accounts with no balances/positions when I refresh a page (closing the app and signing in again fixes it, but why would my session time out if Im actively using the app?). The latest version's icons are spaced poorly on my device, and fonts such as those used for 'Accounts' have changed to match the Apple system as opposed to the Fidelity fonts I'm used to. Call me paranoid, but what's stopping an attacker on my home network (via a compromised device/router) from putting my device in a domain and distributing a fake app as part of a group policy? I might I think I'm trading and making gains, but in reality my accounts have been cleaned out. When significant sums of money are involved, little bugs and changes like those above cause big concerns. Furthermore, the app allows you to transfer via paypal, and now allows transferring retirement accounts to other users. Instead of features, you're adding new vectors for clients to get their clocks cleaned by potential attackers. Don't make it easier to withdraw/transfer funds when institutional/device security lags the advancements made by cyber criminals, make it almost impossible to withdraw funds! How about issuing a hardware key fob with NFC, similar to what the real estate database company CoStar uses to protect its data and accounts, to clients with over $250k? Moral of the story, the app feels more vulnerable to malicious activity than in the past.

Fidelity Investments No contest

I have used fidelity investment accounts for the better part of the past decade. Online, on the app, or on the phone I can’t think of a reasonable way for them to get better. All the interfaces, even through reformatting and updates are extremely user friendly. The experience has always seemed straight forward and non intimidating enough for a novice, but without all the gimmicky nonsense and while maintaining professional feel, execution, and resources needed for professional level investing be it long or short. They have a wealth of resources and educational material for anyone new or just wishing to continue educate themselves. The customer service is and always has been exceptional. It takes less than a couple of minutes to get someone on the phone 24hrs a day. I don’t think I’ve ever been on hold or jumped through the hoops of an automated system. They must treat their employees well, because it always seems like they enjoy what they do, not the typical answer a call, solve a problem, and get you off the line. They have even called back on their own accord to ensure that transfers to and from that account have gone through quickly enough when I’ve been in time sensitive situations. It deserves mention that I’m not moving millions that would merit special privileges, but mostly between $1000 and $30000- a drop in the bucket as far as they’re concerned. They treat the little guys like they’re as important as the super wealthy ones. Barring some tragedy, I can honestly say I never have and never will have a review of this company that’s short of the maximum rating, and the closest second place is miles behind. I’d say you get what you pay for, but the low or nonexistent fees paired with an interest rate that equals or beats most savings accounts, with Fidelity you get way more than you pay for.

T

Fidelity Investments Missing Functionality

This is a review of the app only. The brokerage is fine.

The app has some nice features, such as the option to show tickers you are following in varying shades to indicate directional movement and the ability to set up alerts from within the app (one star for each of those features). The best feature for me is the ability to buy fractional shares from a reputable brokerage firm.

My problem with this app is there are no streaming quotes and no setting to add them. You must refresh the screen (swipe down) to update the quotes and by the time they have refreshed on the screen, when the markets are active, the prices would have changed again!

This is the first trading app I have used that hobbles your ability to see real time streaming quotes for your positions and watchlists when you don't have access to a computer. I thought that it was a glitch but after 40 minutes on the phone (mostly on hold), I was informed that only downloading software on your computer gives you streaming quotes. When you want to set up a trade you see a real time bid and ask but to have to do that without knowing where your tickers are at, all at the same time, is cumbersome and inefficient.

Also, not being able to see real time quotes outside of standard market hours, even when extended trading is enabled for your account is inexcusable. Why bother offering extended hours if you can’t see at a glance what you would want to trade from your positions or watch list?!

Because the negatives are a dealbreaker for me, I canceled a request to transfer my account from another brokerage firm to Fidelity. I will use them mostly for fractional shares until their app is at least as functional as my other brokerage firm’s is.

I really hope that the next update either adds streaming quotes or that they add a second app that is more trading focused, with that functionality, to compliment the current app.

Fidelity Investments Being personally sabotaged or fidelity has new rules

So for the first time ever in all the years I’ve banked(well the spend account isn’t a bank it’s an investment account) they will remind you when it’s bad times & somehow a gotcha moment here that they are not a bank. So this time my account which was negative $34 or $39. I have always had the same spending habits I have always done mobile check deposits I have alway known how amazing the accounts were. Somehow this time i cash a check that is 100% guaranteed already that I almost always at least get $200. I had called fidelity and was like hey I’m broke I have zero money I don’t have my car and I just became unemployed. So guess what no spending money was available but the -$34 goes away and I can spend $6k on stocks. Which is normal. I call in and spend hours on phone wondering why this is the first time in history and obviously I’m rude but still I’ve never had a grown woman lie to me like she was “talking with the back office” which makes zero sense I know she didn’t go to a back office” or maybe it’s a new saying at fidelity. I needed this money to get a rental so I could drive to the interviews I had lined up and get a hotel and food. Guess what I swear ever since in my account I bought that DWAC stock in my fidelity account I have been intentionally sabotaged. That’s the day weird stuff happened in my account. This tops them all. The girl said since I’m -$34 I have to wait till Tuesday to get money obviously I go off. But now it’s Tuesday and guess what I now have to wait till Saturday which is the weekend to get my money lol what the frig. I’ve never ever ever in my life had it take this long on any check I have ever deposited since I was in college. So how is that not intentional being told when they know your desperate. Then I am told oh no we are not a bank like yes I know but you have never done this. Well I don’t know your history. WHY WOULD YOU LIE TO ME? I could of canceled check even THOUGH YOU FORCE ME TO WRITE DEPOSIT AT FIDELITY ONLY

B

Fidelity Investments More Bugs Than Cheap Motel

I have been using this app for many years and they can never get it right. When one issue is fixed, 3 new ones pop up in their places.
About 75% of the app functions well but that other 25% makes me buggy. They are continually boasting about how it’s customizable, but there’s nothing besides a few minor settings that qualify. For instance, they have an “always streaming” feature for quotes and portfolio values, and it can be turned on or off. That IS NOT customizable as they claim.
How’s this for customizable? Allow the user to choose what news organizations he wishes to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe to. Or allow the user to choose which pieces of data he sees in the “customizable” -NOT- portfolio info screen.
However, my #1 & #2 pet peeves are things I’ve been complaining about for over 2 years.

#1. In the portfolio view screen, there are details about each position, like price change today, price change percentage today, total price change, total price change percentage and 52 week high/low. EXCEPT-any REIT positions have most of that missing. I have spoken to numerous reps who acknowledge the problem and promise to send a report. Either they’re not making a report, or they are, and the corporate office is just ignoring it.

#2. Fidelity has decided that there are certain securities that they consider “unsuitable for investors” and this is based on some criteria that they are unwilling to reveal. I’ve asked, and there’s no answer. They simply block investors from opening new positions in “certain securities,” and you discover this only when you try to place an order. I guess Fidelity had decided to play mama to investors, instead of doing their job as a full service brokerage. I have recently filed a complaint with the SEC regarding this issue.

I’ve even written to the CEO, and gotten NOTHING-ZIP-NADA from her.

I have rated the app one star for the reasons stated above. I suggest investors look at other brokerage houses. That’s what I’m doing.

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fidelity Investments Best platform yet!

I’ve been investing for nearly 20 years now and have tried pretty much every platform there is (Ameritrade, ETrade, first trade, Schwab, vanguard, robinhood, Webull, sofi, IBKR, chase, ally invest, betterment, wealth front, and of course fidelity). So far Fidelity is my favorite platform for several reasons, a few of which I will share. 1. App is easy to use with great research tools and options for customizing your home and investment screen. While the app charts aren’t the best, they are great in the desktop view. 2. My experience with customer service has always been good. They have been friendly, professional, and always work efficiently to answer questions/solve problems. 3. Allows me to trade funds that are transferred from outside accounts immediately. My experience with every other platform I’ve used is that I cannot make a trade with transferred funds until the transfers have cleared which can sometimes take several business days. Fidelity lets me trade the funds immediately after I make the transfer even before it has cleared. 4. Quicker transfers. In my experience, Fidelity has the quickest transfer times of all the platforms I’ve used. When withdrawing funds from my Fidelity account it’s never taken more than 2 business days before the funds are available in my bank. There have even been many times that the funds were available on the next business day after I made the withdrawal! 5. Lots and lots of options. Fidelity has a full range of stocks (including otc as well as foreign stocks) and funds to choose from. Option trading is also available as well as after hours trading. And there are many different account types to choose from as well. These are just a few of the reasons I rank fidelity above the rest. If you are unsure what platform to use I’d just encourage you to try out a few and see which one suits you the best. Just because Fidelity is perfect for me doesn’t mean it will be the same for everyone nor do I expect everyone to have the same experience using the platform as I have.

O
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fidelity Investments Overall the best!

Absolute love Fidelity. You truly make it simple to invest! I plan on making Fidelity the home of all my investments in the foreseeable future, unless another broker comes out with a stunning UI.

The app feels dated overall compared to newer brokers. I do know this app is used by many generations, so Fidelity can’t change a 100% overhaul and keep everyone 100% happy.

There are a few things with the app itself that I would like to see, such as:

- The P&L won’t display on the accounts page in real time. You have to manually update. This is very cumbersome to keep manually refreshing every time you want to see where you’re at. Please give an option of real time in settings.

- You can only see your positions with all the info you scroll through. No customization with positions. Please make the columns you see/don’t see customizable. I usually only look at 3 things and can’t sort them/get rid of the unnecessary information.

-Ability to manage drip in the app would be absolutely awesome!

- Make your graphs and information on quote more user friendly and real time (think Robinhood, Webull, TDA). This can have huge impacts when attempting to active trade/swing trade.

- When opening the app, it takes forever to get to your accounts screen if you have Face ID required. It would be great to make it an option to automatically force Face ID immediately after leaving the app. Also, making it quicker to get to accounts would be great!

-Make an option to allow the widget to have real time account data without needing to turn on quick access in app. It’s annoying to open the app and you either must touch login or touch your screen to just glance at your accounts page. By either giving an option to have a widget on or off separately and requiring Face ID automatically, you can keep your clients secure and give them the option of how they want security handled.

Good work on how the app is smooth though! It’s a decent experience, but definitely could use some more modernized features that are an automatic expectation from younger clients in today’s world.

Fidelity Investments Great app, but new update broke Day Trend

Two negative issues -- one new and one old -- keep this from achieving a 5-star rating. After using the app for over a year and trading in several accounts, I have been mostly pleased with the rich features, accuracy of data, streaming support, and comprehensive account information exposure with the following two negative caveats.

(1) I really like the iPhone version of the Fidelity App mostly for the dense Accounts -> Positions view including the Day Trend graphical plot. This is preferred over the ipad view and over the website view. Further, Fidelity wrapped Active Trader Pro with WINE to get it running on MacOS, so that is too heavy, slow and clunky to use on a daily basis. Thankfully, the iPhone app is quite elegant.

Unfortunately, the version 3.10.32 on iOS/iPhone released after 2017-06-11 broke the Day Trend plots. The plots flash on screen and immediately disappear to be replaced by two thin, green horizontal lines that look like hyphens. Some of my holdings do actually show a graphical Day Trend plot, but over half of the Day Trends go blank.

(2) Also, only the balance is presented for our annuity account. No other information about our annuity is available in the Fidelity app. I cannot interact with the annuity/account/holdings at all. On my accounts page, the Annuity account appears just to be a placeholder for the balance. Tapping that account does nothing. Annuity holdings are not exposed at all in the Fidelity Investments iPhone app.

Granted, my spouse never should have invested in an annuity, but that is another story. So, shame on us for getting talked into that complex, limited vehicle. Bottom line is that this lack of mobile access is enough for me to bite the 10% and sell out of the annuity to get those funds into a more accessible account if all annuity account features remain broken for another month.

(3) ok... one other minor cosmetic peeve -- the green/red color indicator for +/- net and percent changes in positions often go stale grey, and I have to swipe down to refresh and prompt the colors to update to their correspondingly appropriate color -- green for up ticks, red for down ticks.

Fidelity Investments The app is fine, but the company is BAD

Beware this awful, lying underhanded company! I am a disable military retiree who recently began working with a company partnered with Fidelity Investments (to provide their insurance). I told them from the beginning that I have insurance through the military. And when a short time later they pressured me again and told me they had automatically sign me up for it, I immediately call them to tell them that I don't want it and that I am not interested. A short time later I noticed that I was having money taken out of my pay check going to Fidelity. And then when the prescription medicines I need for my disability suddenly came with a huge charge (that had NEVER been there in the past), the prescription company said that my new insurance with Fidelity didn't pay it later me the military company, and that they were forced to use them since Fidelity had gone behind my back and told the company that they were my insurance even though I told them flat out that I DIDN'T want them. Well , when I called them today to discuss this they told me that it's too late to cancel the insurance (that I said from day one that I didn't want) and that I was stuck with them until 2018 when I could unenroll at that time. And when I said what if I didn't pay for the insurance, they said I didn't have a choice and that they would just continue to take it out of my check without my permission. Again, I am already insured through my military retirement! So now I'm stuck paying every pay check for something I don't want or need and now I'm forced to shell out a lot of money for prescriptions for combat related disabilities that had been provided for free with my other insurance that now I'm either forced to pay for or just to go without. While I guess I'm stuck in this very bad situation until 2018, but if they think I'm just going to roll over and take it, then Fidelity doesn't know me! I'm going to make sure that EVERYONE I can tell is warned about this DISHONEST sneaky underhanded company (Fidelity) using every source I van find (print and social media) and word of mouth. No one who knows me would ever call me a mean spirited or petty (or even a complainer), but I think Fidelity needs to learn not to mess with U.S. combat veterans and military retirees!

Fidelity Investments Signing up and creating username and password unfriendly

First, let me start out that I am a Systems Analyst for a Large company and am partially responsible for a website and phone app that receive well over 1million logins per day.

After signing up on my phone to use Fidelity, I created a username and password; so far so good. I need to deposit a check, something that can only be done in the app, so I download the app and attempt this. Apparently my 529 plan that I opened is not eligible for this, or maybe the app is broken? Either way I could not deposit the check. I decide to deal with this later. I run to the bank to deposit it so I can do an EFT transfer. Now I go back to log into the app using Touch ID and select to deposit from a bank account. I don't have a bank account listed, so I need to go to the website to add one. So I now attempt to login on the website using saved credentials in Safari... and it does not recognize my username or password.

I reset my password and it logs me right in. I visit the mobile app and type the same password, and the mobile app won't let me log in and gives a message that the password... THE NEW ONE I JUST CHANGED TO... doesn't meet their requirements... WHAT! You let me change it, presented me a strength meter, and then logged me in automatically after changing the password, but your mobile app has different password requirements?

As a side note, you should never automatically log a user in after they change their password, you should always take them to the login screen to enter the password they just picked.

So I change my password again, making sure to closely read their requirements. No certain special characters, no repeating characters, etc.

Ok, new password accepted! It auto logs me in again, so I log out to try it. This time I replace the saved username with the user name, and type the password. I'm in, finally. Oh wait, it wants me to set up security questions and won't allow access before I set them up... wait, I just had access, you logged me in multiple times after I was forced to change my passwords. Why didn't I set these up during the user name creation process? Is this why the mobile app was blocking me; nothing to do with my password, I just needed questions set up? Horrible experience!

What should have been a 30 second process took 10 minutes. Having doubts that this is a company I want to use for my child's 529 plan.

F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fidelity Investments Modern look and feel but still lacks critical elements

So I just tried the new interface of the new and improved app and here is my scoop on it. The good-the interface looks, feels nice and modern, definitely a departure from the old app. Most of the functions are the same. The bad: I use fidelity for my brokerage accounts and CMA for my cash management. I have a few Huge complaints that need to be addressed ASAP 1) bill pay-very primitive and takes way too long to post to the account. There is a portion of the day on the day after the payment is initiated (on standard 1-2 day bill pays)where the payment simply vanishes from account. It's not in pending nor is it in posted. I have panicked once and made the payment again during this period, only to realize my original payment posted the next day. I like the chase model the best for Bill pays, the second you initiate the bill pay, the second it should come out of your available balance. Period. Also, the bill pays that have the check sent manually, do not post to the account until the item is cashed by the receiving party. Terrible when trying to balance your account. Also, moving money between the CMA and the brokerage accounts has a minimum threshold of $10.00. Other companies let you move as little as one penny. Also, I would like to see images of items such as checks in the app as well as checks deposited via mobile deposit. Last, when I make a mobile deposit into my CMA account, the funds take 5 business days to clear. Who waits 5 business days to clear anything these days. Until these are fixed, this app gets 2 stars only. Additionally Zelle is not available for the CMA account. Yikes. If they are trying to get people to leave their bank, don’t make it more difficult to move $ electronically. Just saw they linked up with PayPal, but if you want the money moved fast with PayPal, you have to pay a fee. Also, they don’t allow you to pay/receive from/to your own PayPal account. No bueno. All these things are so easy to fix fidelity. Other companies already do all the things I mentioned. Please get to work and I will be sure to give you the 5 stars that you are capable of receiving with just a few slight improvements.. I reviewed this a year ago and to this day, still no improvements. Finally, when a check is cleared through the CMA account, why can’t you guys image on the app. It’s not that hard. Why do I have to take out my lap top to view the check. Fix these items and you can have more of my business

T

Fidelity Investments Horrific customer service, app is absolutely worthless

I don’t even know where to begin. I am an ex user of Robinhood and attempted to move to Fidelity. Working with them and their customer service has been the worst I’ve ever dealt with in my life. It took them over two weeks to try to figure out why my linked bank account wasn’t working. They kept making up excuses saying that since my account was previously a 401k acct through another employer, something is screwed up on the back end. So I create a new account(same login) and follow the step by step directives of support. FAIL yet again.

After finally figuring out that debacle, I downloaded this app and started researching my positions that I had held with Robinhood. I wasn’t about to pay RH $75 transfer fee as they are as bad as Fidelity. After a bit, I’d realized that the prices displayed to you indicate that the prices reflected are as of “date and time”. This date and time shows the timestamp of now, yet is actually data FROM YESTERDAY. Who on the planet wants to look at prices and quotes of stocks available this moment as of closing prices from the day before. After contacting customer support, I was told “you obviously have to apply and request that your app to be real time”. Wow, yes, please let me request for me to actually see the real prices and not crap that’s a day old, thanks. Didn’t realize it required special permissions for me wanting something so blatantly obvious. Even after “real-time quotes” are enabled, you open up the app and data is still 15 minutes old.

Then comes the part of enabling options. I apply to trade options(yay, more requesting of me for them to allow me to do what I want with my money) and a few days later, I’m sent an email saying I’ve been approved. Sweet, finally something goes right! I try to purchase some calls and puts and guess what? Error stating I need options enabled. W...T...F... Support tells me I’m enabled and isn’t sure of what’s going on. Finally, they see I was approved for only level 1. Guess what the solution to this issue is? “Feel free to re-apply” is what I was told. I immediately dumped my portfolio right there on the spot and am now waiting for everything to clear so that I can get as far away from these old-timers as possible.

For you folks who want to leave Robinhood, I’m right there with you! Do NOT go to Fidelity thinking you’ll get to do anything that you’d been already doing for years on RH. I’m going to try TD and their app, Think or Swim. Fingers crossed it won’t be a nightmare like Fidelity is.

J

Fidelity Investments Cust.Serv. is Outstanding.Infantile App

The customer service is fast, friendly and informative.
When it comes to the App...absolutely terrible. When compared to an App and Brokerage such as Webull, who doesn’t handle nearly as much money and clients as Fidelity, their App shows their lack of concern to provide users with functionality that does not even come close to what Webull offers.
Pros
Fast Friendly Informative Customer Service with a real human.
Will refund wire transfer fees to get money to your account with them(has to be a certain transaction process) and allows you to use those funds immediately upon arrival.
Has a lot more trading choices then Webull.
Cons
Their app has newborn functionality compared to Webull.
Real time quotes don’t keep up as fast as others.
App has way too many buttons to go to that can confuse the user.
Short interest or hard to borrow interest is not readily available when you want to make a short trade and you have to call in before making that trade if you want the information unlike Webull who provides that info in real-time on the stock you are wanting to trade.
I have had multiple issues since opening an account less than a week ago. 4-6 problems that should not have happen and never happened with Webull.
When in process of placing an order for a trade the real-time price of the stock will not update. You will not be able to see what it currently sits at when you are putting in the details to make that trade and to further this inconvenience you are not able to swipe down to refresh the page either...they have no option for that in that page.
View Order book option which allows you to see ask and bids only provides the last 10 for each, with Webull Nasdaq Total View you can get 30 clear up to date asks and bids in real time as they change without refreshing the page at all.
Margin interest is not clear and available on the app. You won’t know unless you ask.
Watchlists you create limit you to only 50 stocks you can have in a watchlist, Webull allows unlimited.
Trading hours for some stocks, even if they are open and trading premarital, only allow you to start trading at 7am. Even though they claim 4am. All stocks actively trading in premarket hours that Webull supports can have trades placed on them starting by 4am.
Trades cannot be canceled in the morning I realized today when I tried to cancel I sell order I have in for my GE stocks. I simply wanted to cancel and place a new order and still to this very moment my order is still not canceled. Unlike with Webull, you can cancel any placed order that is not filled at ANYTIME and it will come off your placed orders immediately.
Unfortunately there is more but I have grown tired of writing this review.
Bottom line: Fidelity Clearly cares more about their desktop version than they do their mobile version. They lack speed to make quick trades entering and exiting positions which is an EXTREME must for active daily traders and for a volatile market that you may want to buy or sell on. They stress the Desktop Pro Trader has all these features yet with all their money they refuse to spend it on giving you this power in the palm of your hand on the go. Good for longterm investors, maybe, absolutely dangerous for active daily investors.

Fidelity Investments Mr. Dalal

I have been account holder of Fidelity since early 1990's. My portfolio over considerable period is grown due to my effort.
I do not believed in day trading. Therefore, I do hold on an average my holding 3 to 6 months.
My family, has 9 accounts, and I managed , bring all new money. I generate reasonably good income for Fidelity Investments, way of commission and sometimes margin interest.
My turn over of all my accounts , depends upon situation.
Problem: when market crash, we understand "Mark to Market" bring value down of position therefore margin accounts value also depleted and as investment company you want to play safe. (1) All of sudden margin due following day, instead of normally 3 days, that put tremendous pressure on account, not only margin department representative became more rude, and do not show decency to discuss which position they will sell to recover.

Here is Fidelity management could do: Evaluate each account holders and their history, before another crash hit.
We do not believed in over extending in any of the accounts, and in normal time we do not pay margin interest on our accounts, but when price of the stock drops drastically, requires longer time to recover, the waiting time kick in margin interest , and managing our accounts we have first hand knowledge, therefore we should be given oral information and discussion with margin representative, so we can sell the position appropriate as per our information to keep our account in good order.
Just because market crash there is no need to be rude or misbehaved with account holder, we all here to generate profits, but not to put Fidelity in precarious position, so in the beginning you have to rate your customers based on accounts history.
In my, case started with very small amount and over such long period went up and down, at the end today I have reasonable large portfolio.
Loyalty, do not come without sacrificed.
I was in VIP Active Trader Team , all of sudden your management made decision to drop me from VIP. My portfolio value was sufficient, I was invited than my volume was lower than when they drop me.
Fidelity Investments, in a competition with other broker house, to attract more customers in general active trader pro team any new member could join at much lower Investments and lesser knowledge. Thus novice customers and many novice representable to serve this group.
This really, created bad situation for me because when you put my portfolio in general Active Trader , I do not get good service, wait time is much longer for me.
My total portfolio is over 12 M. All my accounts I generate reasonably good commission and margin interest, with such long relation I have to gulp this insult.
Some manager called for me to VIP group but they have grudge against me personally of no faults of mine, and someone acting to prove his or her authority.
I am very frustrated by Fidelity, as Fidelity do not understand we have 5 accounts of my children and grandchildren, once I moved out they will sever relationships with Fidelity rest of their life, that is very long period plus over 12 M dollars for an individuals you may have many like me, but others will realized , for a person's attitude Fidelity will loose future relationships.

Mr Dalal
[protected]

Fidelity Investments Great brokerage; App could be improved

I first started investing with couple years ago using Acorns then Robinhood. I still use both, along with Coinbase for crypto currency, and Stockmaster that lets me add all of these to a single portfolio to keep watch on all of my investments.

A few months back I set up an account with Fidelity when they first offered fractional stock purchases. Overall I’ve been happy with the service and app.

COMPARISON VS ROBINHOOD
...for newcomers to trading

Robinhood is a great for new investors. The app is clean and easy to use. They now offer fractional trading. One can instantly deposit funds from a debit card and begin trading.

The performance charts are touch sensitive where placing your finger on the screen, moving left to right, will display the dollar and percent change over different time periods. When using two fingers will display the dollar and percent change between two different times/dates. Cryptocurrency can also be traded.

Fidelity, coming from Robinhood, will feel a bit cluttered. The app needs a serious overhaul to included the aforementioned features. Currently, the Fidelity app displays charts, but, unlike more modern trading apps (Fidelity) doesn’t have touch sensitive charts to view/compare changes. In addition, they lack the ability to deposit funds from a debit card or via cryptocurrency.

Before you begin trading you’ll have to provide documents for identification, add your bank account, and wait for your funds to transfer in from your bank. This means you’ll have to wait almost a week before trading. The app also doesn’t support trading cryprocurrency. One other issue is that the iphone widget is near impossible to read as it uses green text on a light grey background.

One advantage, of Fidelity, that I found over other Robinhood (and Acorns), is I was able to sell stocks and the money deposited into my bank in 48hrs. I recently had a family emergency and this was a life saver. Robinhood (and Acorns) can take 6+ days.

When you dig deeper, Fidelity has the benefit of stock trading, retirement accounts, and offers a lot of robust options to manage investments. They are a full featured firm with a long history. They offer a plethora of investment options along with connections to real advisors (not required) if you’re inclined ti move into serious trading/day trading/other investments.

There are many other differences between the two apps/services and I’m drawing comparisons for those just getting their feet wet in trading.

With that said, for newcomers, I recommend trying Robinhood first, especially if you need to add funds fast to scoop up a good price on a stock. The decluttered app, feature rich charts, iphone widgets, are a big plus. Just keep in mind it can take some time to settle your sales and some time to transfer funds back to your bank.

In conclusion, you may want to install Fidelity and get your account setup going while using Robinhood to start trading in both traditional stocks and cryptocurrency fast.

Due to the fast rate in which stock sales settle to the time the cash is deposited into into your bank account is why I’ll continue to use Fidelity as an emergency fund when I may need cash fast.

As a last note, both apps would benefit by allowing users to create a “3rd Party Portfolio”, as *Stockmaster does. For instance, I could record buys/sales of other stocks from any broker/app and record it. At a glance I could see my position/gains/losses for all trading accounts.

*For those using multiple brokers/apps, with experience, Stockmaster is worth checking out. It will allow you to create a portfolio of all your trades from different brokers, and tracked them all in one portfolio.

Fidelity Investments Customer Reviews Overview

Fidelity Investments, accessible through Netbenefits.com, is a comprehensive investment platform that offers a wide range of financial services and products. The platform has received mostly positive reviews for its affordability, ease of use, retirement planning tools, investment options, and customer service.

One of the key selling points of Fidelity Investments is its affordability. Users have praised the platform for charging low investment fees and providing commission-free trades on a wide range of products. This makes it ideal for both seasoned investors and those just starting out.

Another feature that has received praise is the platform's user-friendly interface. Netbenefits.com is easy to navigate, allowing users to access their accounts and manage their investments with minimal hassle. Additionally, the platform offers a wealth of tools and resources for retirement planning, including calculators, educational content, and personalized advice.

Fidelity Investments is also known for its wide range of investment options. The platform offers access to nearly every type of investment, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds. This allows users to build a diversified portfolio tailored to their individual goals and risk tolerance.

Finally, Fidelity Investments has received high marks for its customer service. The platform offers phone and online support, as well as in-person assistance at more than 190 locations across the U.S. Many users have noted that customer service representatives are knowledgeable and responsive, helping to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.

Overall, Fidelity Investments is a highly regarded investment platform that offers a wealth of features and benefits. With low fees, a user-friendly interface, a wide range of investment options, and responsive customer service, it's no wonder that the platform has received positive reviews from many users.

Fidelity Investments In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Fidelity Investments is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information I need. The layout is intuitive, with clear menus and sections that allow me to quickly access my account and investment details. The overall user experience is smooth and efficient, ensuring a hassle-free browsing experience.

Investment Options and Services: Fidelity Investments offers a wide range of investment options and services to cater to different investor needs. From individual stocks and bonds to mutual funds and retirement accounts, they have a comprehensive selection that allows me to diversify my portfolio effectively. Additionally, they provide access to professional investment advice and guidance, which is beneficial for both novice and experienced investors.

Customer Service and Support: The customer service and support provided by Fidelity Investments are exceptional. Their representatives are knowledgeable, responsive, and always ready to assist with any inquiries or concerns. Whether I contact them via phone, email, or live chat, I can expect prompt and helpful assistance, ensuring that my investment journey is well-supported.

Account Management Tools and Features: Fidelity Investments offers a robust set of account management tools and features that make it convenient to monitor and manage my investments. The platform provides detailed account summaries, transaction histories, and performance reports, allowing me to stay informed about my portfolio's progress. Additionally, they offer tools for goal planning, asset allocation, and retirement planning, empowering me to make informed investment decisions.

Security and Privacy Measures: Fidelity Investments prioritizes the security and privacy of their users' information. They employ advanced encryption technology to safeguard personal and financial data, ensuring that it remains protected from unauthorized access. Additionally, they have stringent privacy policies in place, ensuring that user information is handled with the utmost confidentiality and used only for authorized purposes.

Fees and Pricing Structure: Fidelity Investments offers a transparent and competitive fee structure. They provide clear information about the fees associated with different investment products and services, allowing me to make informed decisions about my investments. Their fees are generally reasonable and competitive within the industry, ensuring that I can maximize my investment returns without excessive costs.

Mobile App Functionality: The mobile app offered by Fidelity Investments is highly functional and user-friendly. It provides a seamless experience, allowing me to access my account, monitor my investments, and execute trades on the go. The app's intuitive interface and responsive design make it easy to navigate and perform various tasks, ensuring that I can stay connected to my investments wherever I am.

Educational Resources and Tools: Fidelity Investments offers a wealth of educational resources and tools to help investors enhance their financial knowledge and make informed investment decisions. They provide articles, videos, webinars, and interactive tools that cover a wide range of investment topics, from basic concepts to advanced strategies. These resources are valuable for both beginners and experienced investors, empowering them to make confident investment choices.

Performance and Returns: Fidelity Investments has a strong track record of delivering solid performance and returns. Their investment options have consistently generated competitive returns over the long term, providing investors with the potential for growth and wealth accumulation. While past performance is not indicative of future results, Fidelity Investments' commitment to research and analysis ensures that they strive to deliver favorable investment outcomes for their clients.

Transparency and Disclosure: Fidelity Investments maintains a high level of transparency and disclosure in their operations. They provide clear and comprehensive information about their investment products, services, and associated risks. Additionally, they disclose any potential conflicts of interest and ensure that clients have access to relevant disclosures and legal documents. This commitment to transparency instills trust and confidence in their clients, allowing them to make well-informed investment decisions.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Fidelity Investments contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Fidelity Investments?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fidelity Investments Customer Service. Initial Fidelity Investments complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fidelity Investments above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fidelity Investments. Discuss the issues you have had with Fidelity Investments and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.