Menu
Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief
reviews & complaints

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

13 complaints
5 resolved 8 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
2:13 pm EST

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief - Unethical Behavior

e warned they start out seeming like a life line, but in the end they are just like the credit card companies, just out for money. They don't tell you up front even though they know that Discover will not negotiate, unless it's a small amount. Then you'd be better off negotiating with them yourself. They provide you with this lawyer service which they tack on for a fee. All that did was when I was sued a year later by Discover he called and told me, "Yea you'll have to pay all the fees and fines that have added up in the years time plus my service fee!" Thanks.. I've also been told that American Express won't negotiate with them thought I don't have that card. They act like they want you to pay in extra money so they can pay off earlier. But that's all nonsense. When you ask them about it they then tell you that they can't do that because then the other creditors would see and not negotiate with them. But when you are down to the last debt they will be able to pay it off, also nonsense. The answers change regularly depending on who you get on the phone. When you tell them to check the "recorded" phone call and what you are told all they will say is, "Yea sorry about that.. they shouldn't have said that!" One debt I was told multiple times that they had agreed and were just waiting on confirmation from this company. Finally after hearing that for a year I withdrew that creditor and handled it myself. Later to find out there had been zero negotiations made or discussed. I am now on my last debt and have been trying to get it paid off. I called and was given a pay off amount . I paid it and checked back, it had not been paid. I have called back and each time I'm told a "new amount" that needs to be paid because they didn't add the fees. They can never give me a payoff, just estimates so they keep adding their fees. Also told me they would remove the attorney fee since I didn't need it. I called back a couple months later and of course it was still on there. I spend an hour each time and did today yet again. Only to get no where. I was told a new amount that I need to pay and then they should be able to pay it. This is 6 months later after I was told the pay off amount and put it in my account. But oh yeah just keep making your monthly payment anyway and they will give you back the extra if there is any.. Yes that makes lots of sense. What company can not give you a pay off amount so you can be done and get on with your life? The goal post just keeps moving. They literally act like you still own money even though you have paid big chunks in and been told that's it. I am beginning to think I will never be done with this company. So I they just sent me an email but it still just says estimate...

Desired outcome: I want a pay off amount and to be done with them.

A
2:51 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief - Unauthorized payment to creditor

FDR was authorized to settle debts with my approval. One of my creditors was paid off minus one payment in 2016. They sent another proposed settlement offer which I instructed FDR to deny.
Against my verbal instruction and in spite of no written permission FDR paid off the creditor for the 2nd time by paying them the entire amount they proposed. This action which was done without my consent paid the creditor more than was owed.
No notification was made to me about this transaction. I only fond out when I called them to once again reiterate that I DID NOT accept the proposal from the creditor.
I spoke to three employees from FDR and two of them said they would look into the case and rectify it. The 1st one named BOB never called me back and after leaving in excess of 10 voicemail messages I stopped asking for him. Elena tried to help initially and promised me that she would take care of it after she read the case info, and she agreed with me that a mistake was made by FDR.
I want FDR to refund my money that they paid to the creditor against my wishes.
Please advise

Desired outcome: Refund of last payment made to creditor

D
1:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called Freedom Financial on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 and spoke with Amanda in the Settlements Division and explained I needed a payoff letter for refinancing with my mortgage company. Amanda stated that Freedom Financial does not provide payoff letters, but she would make an exception. Amanda stated I would receive my letter within 48 Hours. It is now...

C
12:12 pm EST

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief - debt relief

I have been enrolled in the Freedom Debt Relief since 2015. I enrolled with three debts. After almost three years and thousands in fees one debt has been resolved, one is in progress but the third has filed a lawsuit do to Freedom Debt relief's failure to respond to their request for communication.
I received a letter from PYOD LLC which is a law firm that acquired my enrolled debt I received the latter back in May of 2018. I contacted Freedom immediately to inform them of the letter. Since I heard nothing back I assumed some sort of agreement or arrangement had been made. During the first week of Jan 2018 I was served with a summons from PYOD LLC. I again contacted Freedom who in sort stated they could not help with legal advice but would attempt to reach a settlement.
Today is Jan 26th. I have since had to file a response to the summons with cash out of pocket. I have also taken a cash advance on my credit card (more debt) in order to place enough funds in my Freedom account to help reach a settlement. I have placed numerous calls to both Freedom Debt and PYOD in attempts to get a settlement reached. PYOD will not speak with me because Freedom debt is "representing" me.
Freedom Debt will not allow me to speak to a supervisor or negotiator as they are "too bust and do not speak to clients" My least request to speak to a supervisor was today, Jan 26. I was transferred to a woman who would only identify herself as "Veronica". Per Veronica they do not give clients their last names. When I asked what her position was she said she was in "leadership".
I explained my frustration to Veronica and my current issue, as I have each time I called. All I was told was that I had to respond to the legal paper work and that was more important than their negotiating a settlement. Apparently Veronica doesn't understand enough about her own job to know that the summons/lawsuit was a result of their lack of being able to reach a settlement. She refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor and/or negotiator as they do not speak to clients. I was told If I withdrew from the program and attempted to reach my own agreement it would affect the second debt that is currently being paid, that was the only portion of the conversation I agree with.
So after several thousand dollars in fees and several years of damage to my credit all I can get is continued circles of information lack of assistance and now the looming threat of a lawsuit that should have been avoided.

1 comment
S
Aug 17, 2020 4:04 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sounds EXACTLY like my story! I will add that American Express was calling my mother-in-law 4 times a day every day until I filed a complaint with Consumer Finance Protection Bureau and they put a stop to that. Then I received the summons in the mail! I had to pay $800 a month to pay this off and Freedom Financial did NOTHING on my behalf! I ended up pulling my accounts and paying them off on my own! The money I did have in my FF account, I instructed them on what to pay off. TOTALLY USELESS AND A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!

S
11:04 pm EST

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief - dharma naik

Received biased and threatening emails from this company the Freedom Financial Network and ended up dealing with their legal counsel Dharma Naik. Don't know if it's a legitimate company or not but they are asking me something that is totally irrelevant and they keep on spamming my inbox. Is anybody else receiving this type of spam?

dharmanaik | Associate General Counsel | Office: 650.393.6226 | Fax: 650.393.6915 | [protected]@freedomdebtrelief.com

R
1:30 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm not even sure who I would complain to, I just feel the need to express my displeasure with this Co. When my Dad started this farce of Reverse Mortgage, I tried to discourage him from doing this, but who am I to tell my Dad what to do. He passed last year, now this left my Mom with the headache of having this hang over her. Not understanding all that wa...

F
4:19 pm EDT

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief - fraud

I paid $399.99 for their Platinum package no risk 90 day money back guarantee in June. They would set up the website and teach me how to do business from it. I received several calls indicating the website was up and complete and training was to begin and I also received a contract to sign which I did not. In the meantime, I got another job and decided not to pursue. I asked for my money back. They kindly agreed and said I would see it credited in 7 business days which did not happen. Since then, no one answers the phone except an automated leave a message and there are no return calls. They must have some way of knowing who is an active customer because they are the only ones who seem to get to talk to anyone. If on rare occasion I do get someone, they put me on hold to check into it, come back and tell me no one is available but they will call me back. They do not. It has been over a month that I have been asking for my money back. J. D. Davids sold me the contract with all the right words. I have him on voicemail with a confirmation number and terms of agreement.

M
12:43 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They will not answer the phone. Did not follow through. I have exercised my right to cancel within 30 days and have heard nothing from them nor have I been able to talk with them. They answer the phone by automation and ask you to leave your name, the purpose of the call and they will return the call - but they never call back.

W
11:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Same complaints as eweb financials. This is the same company under a different name. They call up and say you signed up to get a call from them then they sell you a package for 250$ saying they will market a website for you and make the site. They don't follow through. They don't send information they promise. Don't coach you. They ask for information they don't need on the phone. Don"t buy!

Y
5:09 pm EDT

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief - didn't do what they were suppose to do.

This company had different answers all the time, we have paid $3, 808.00 into it for basically nothing, still waiting for creditors to turn us into the collectors and ruin our credit. Which that isn't we wanted. The creditors called contiuous and said they would settle, which I thought they were going to figure and amount and pay them monthly and didn't now we are behind, intrest is through the roof. I have done more for myself in 2 weeks then they have in 6 months. I canceled the program waiting for my money hopefully will get it back not sure, have sent a certified letter and faxed cancelation paper. Called them continousally to find out how much we are getting back and we should be intitled to all of it. So, I file this complaint.

D
12:10 pm EDT

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief - taking for 978$

They told us that we qulified for a 1200 $ personal loan and that we needed to send 970$ to secure the loan and that I needed to send it western union to charline cambell in kingston jamaica after taling to dale and emily they asured me that it wasnt a scam, after two weeks they stoped returing my phone calls. I wish I had someway to get my money back, my family sure could use that money today please can someone help us

V
6:34 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We excepted the loan the they offered and the sent the contract to us via email and we faxed it back. Sent them the $975.00 that they wanted up front for the ' disability insurance' and our money was to be direct deposited 12-24 hrs. No way, I called our rep. Kathy morant, to ask why it was not deposited they said because of the money exchange we needed to...

V
12:00 am EST

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief - cancel immediately otherwise they already have your money!

I was contacted by freedom financial and was told they had a great program to re-establish credit. They told me that they would report to the credit bureau every 30 days which is much more then normal.

I was told it would be a visa/mastercard which I could use anywhere. The only thing that I had to do was do a $250.00 "faith money" to show that I did indeed have a open account. I was a bit nervous, but they had a system that stated numbers back to me over a system so I guess I thought it was real. I told them I would not have the money available for 3 days so they were going to withdrawal on the date that I told them.

I was sort of worried because they were very pushy so I thought I could do some research quick before it went thru. Thank god I did that. I was driving home that night and I had a bad feeling so I called one of my major credit card companies to ask some questions. The man told me it sounded like a scam but told me the location the call was made from and I went back online to check and this is what I found! I cancelled all my credit cards.

I woke up early in the morning to someone calling me again from there to ask if I would be interested and I stated that I had already signed up, but that I would like to cancel and she said I would have to call the customer service line. I called that number and it would not go thru.

I went straight to the bank and closed all accounts. I reported a fraud alert on my credit report. Check thru your bank if they have a identity theft program.

They put me thru to a lady that actually helped me to get them to let me cancel. She made it a conference call and I believe that they were scared about hassling me so they let it drop. Still change all of your info cause once they have any info they can use it. They are not honest people! I hope that this may help someone before it is too late. Do this immediately otherwise they already have your money!

2 comments
T
Dec 03, 2014 4:52 pm EST

After six months of enrollment in their program they closed my account without my permission. They refunded about a third of the money they had collected and did not settle any accounts for me. Do not trust this company they will steal your money.

T

Date 101714 - I do not recommend using Freedom Financial for any reason. If you are in debt and it is over whelming, you should contact a lawyer to assist you. I was sued by a credit card company using this program and this company was no help. I was to respond to a summons due to the lack of or should I say no payments made by Freedom Financial.
FF was not in any position to help me resolve my issue with credit card company even though that is what they advised me. I cancelled this program after 6 months because my stress level went from 10 to 100 really quick using this company. Needless to say, they did nothing for me but they did get over a grand of my money. Please do not use this company. Call an attorney that specializes in financial matters!

Freedom Financial Network / Freedom Debt Relief contacts