FeldcoBad practices

Listen up shoppers, because I have the scoop.

I own an entire home of Feldco Sophia windows. (21)
They leak, and they don't fit or guide well. They are a mistake.

You absolutely can get similar quality for less.

My installers rushed through the process so quickly, that by the

time I noticed the multitude of mistakes, they had damaged or

destroyed the casement along half of my windows. This was after I

specifically asked them to only perform an install from the outside

in. They did the opposite, and I had to call their office to get

the work stopped. Months later, along with numerous arguments, they

agreed to replace the casement damage with replacements that would

be unfinished. I was two months into not being satisfied, and I

still had a giant amount of refinishing to do on my time and with

my money.

Let's talk warranty. Feldco warranties you from spending any more

money on their windows for a lifetime. BUT...after five years you

will pay both a service call fee as well as all labor charges. That

boils down to me having to pay $135 for the replacement of glass in

one half of a double pane window. Really though, I just paid for

the window all over again.

I've left a metric ton of frustration out, but be warned. This

company is not professional or ethical. Run.

• Wi
    window dude Nov 21, 2014

feldco and window world are made by the the same company and are junk

• Sl
    Slines Nov 28, 2011

Ryan came to my mothers home to give her an estimate on windows. Being as I was there I expressed my feelings on his pushy and volitile nature. Reguardless my mother hired feldco to do the windows with a three day option to cancel. When she decided to cancel the salesmen was very rude and personally insulting. I understand he is unhappy he lost a sale but she is not happy with the color of the windows nor the hardware and was pressured into a sale. I find it very disturbing that someone or anyone can or will take advantage of an elderly person.

• Ca
    Carter Nov 30, 2010

I had 2 employees of feldco come to my home to give an estimate on replacing some windows. We decided to purchase, signed agreement and gave manager Jason Merrick a check for 50% of the total cost. He told us we had 3 days to cancel order. The next day we did some product comparison and decided another company has a better product for the money. We mailed back the right to cancel order that day and I called manager Jason and told him of my decision, He assured me my check would be triple shredded immediately! They seemed very trustworthy and I didn't realloy worry about it until about 3 days later my check had already been cashed! So much for triple shredding. My husband spoke with Jason again who assured him our money would be refunded. So far no money has been received and Jason will not return my calls! I am not giving up on getting my money back as it was a sizable amount.