Having problems with FareCompare?

18111 Preston Road, Suite 800
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with FareCompare.

Complaints & Reviews

FareCompareNever again!!

I booked a ticket from them but noticed it had some mistakes. I immediately called them and was on hold for almost one hour before they did me a favor and talked to me. We started to talk, they were making some corrections and all of a sudden we were disconnected. Called again. Waited for 30 minutes, asked a representative to transfer me to the woman I talked before, he said that there's no one who worked on my case. And hung up on me.
What about my ticket? Oh, nothing. With help of tons of emails, I could cancel it. No refund yet.

www.farecompare.comThey haven't warned me about the changes

I bought tickets through the company www.farecompare.com. These jerks charged the date and time of the flight and no one warned me about it. No notification, no warning email. I simply wasted a lot of money and when I tried to get any compensation, the rep spoke in rude manner with me. Of course, no money back and no idea what to do now. They are liars and scammers, so be careful and better avoid them. As well as post comments about your experience with them.

RESOLVED

• FareCompare's response · Jan 12, 2015

Hello,

My name is Joshua - I work in Customer Service for FareCompare and we apologize that you have had this issue.

We at FareCompare do not actually sell any ticket of any kind. We simply provide prices for the best deals to various destinations around the world. You are then referred to the airline or website where you can purchase your flight.

We understand it is terrible to have a flight cancelled and not to be notified, however since FareCompare isn't an airline and we don't sell any tickets, we are not in charge of any flights, delays, or ticketing of any kind.

If you would like some advice on how to move forward with your airline, please feel free to reach out to us via email at customer(dot)service(at)farecompare (dot) com. We do not offer telephone support, so email is the primary way to reach us.

Please let us know how we can help.

Joshua
        FareCompare Customer Service

Fare-Compare.comthey make money on your mistakes

I made a reservation for a hotel stay and just after I hit the reserve button, I realized I booked the wrong date. So I cancelled the reservation and rebooked the hotel for the correct date wthin 3 minutes of my first reservation. Well, farecompare.com says I have to pay the $25 cancellation fee, even though I rebooked it with them within minutes of the cancellation! Its not like anyone else would have lost out on the booking at the time. I was booking a reservation to a hotel which had an over 50% vacancy rate! I called customer service and asked to speak with the manager who insisted that the $25 change has no exceptions! Last time I am using farecompare!!! If you use them, dont make any mistakes! It will cost you! And to top it all off, the "deal" that they gave me was cheaper elsewhere! Farecompare.com is a "prey on the innocent people" website who makes money on your mistakes!

RESOLVED

• FareCompare's response · Jan 22, 2013

Hello,

Knowing you experienced this inconvenience in November we would like to talk with you about potential resolutions.
          Please reach out to me at at - [protected] or via email at joshua(dot)bruton(at)farecompare (dot) com
          Hoping to resolve this issue.

Joshua
          FareCompare

Farecompare.comStay away from these guys

Many routes show up on their page at prices "as low as", "from" or "starting at". Even clicking one of them leads you to input a search for route and travels dates, and requires you to select 3 services from 6 or more listed. These listed sights are - themselves - ALSO fare search services, some of which ALSO compare multiple search services. I have tried every selection option available and I can NEVER - as in NEVER EVER - find an actual opportunity to purchase the fares listed on FARECOMPARE's webpages. I find this to common of MANY sites of this nature. We called this "BAIT & SWITCH" in my day! Where is the FTC or the State Attorney when you need them.

• Cr
            crumpet212 Jul 22, 2011

Farecompare never ever has the fare they are touting. "it's sold out. these low fares disappear quickly."

Margaret Wray Oct 01, 2012

Fare-Compare.com is bait and switch!!! They make you thing that they offer good deals. In fact they already know that you’ll not earn a $. But they get $200 from every customer. This is a good business for the people who are on the other side.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices