Fairpoint Communications New HampshireBilling

M Review updated:

I called Fairpoint as all my billing numbers are long distance to Massachusetts numbers yet coming up Kentucky, Louisiana, Charlotte etc. I called the billing number on my phone bill to inquire they told me there is a glitch and I needed to call another number [protected]. I had 2 lines on hold 2 HRS each with a recording time is important we will be with you in a moment, no one ever picked up. They are understaffed, this is the 2nd time I have had a billing issue with my line. They need to fixz it or start reimbursing people for the time it takes to get through to them. Horrible customer Service. When Verizon was in New Hmapshire everything went well service has been terrible since Fairpoint took over. To make a long story short No-one could help me and by bill is still incorrect.

• M
      Jul 02, 2009

They are very bad and no-one is doing anything to help the New Hampshire consumers!!!Bring back VERIZON

• M
      Jul 02, 2009

The State Government should be addressing the complaints against Fairpoint Communications they need to hire people to work in New Hampshire and service the customers in New Hampshire.

• B
      Sep 26, 2009

I have had several phone conversations with billing, trying to figure out exactly what I owe. On at least 3 occasions, they tell me - you owe X amount. I either send in a check for the amount they tell me, or even pay right there on the phone (with a $3.50 upcharge, no less).
    Lo and behold, don't the future bills come in and I have NO IDEA where they came up with the amounts they told me I owed. I seriously cannot figure out whether they have screwed up, they aren't counting checks I've sent in, or if I haven't paid enough. Seriously.
    Now try and go to their torture chamber website that works like circa 1995. You log in, click View/Pay Bills - click your name/account, click SELECT and voila! Well, you have to allow the popups, hmmm ok. So one of two things happen now. Either the same damn window you started with opens - OR a popup window acts like its going to do something and then it says
    Session Timeout Session is closed due to time out !! Please log in again !!

Stupidest, stupidest company - unbeLIEVABLE!!! Governor! Dissassemble this company and start penalizing them or something!!! THEY ARE AWFUL!!!

• K
      Aug 27, 2010

What you people do not understand that is if Fairpoint did not take over Verizon that there would not be any service in that area at all because Verizon was just going to close their doors. So they took over a service that was already going to close. Which would you want no service in those areas? or a company trying at least to provide service?

• V
      Nov 15, 2010

Go Voip. Look into an alternative Voip system. I have two systems, both I purchased for under $300 and connect into my cable line (not through my computer). Zero dollars monthly for calls in U.S.A. and Canada. You don't have to pay a monthly fee for telephone service

• C
      Mar 07, 2011

I am a Vermont customer of Fairpoint and have had repeated issues with them. Right now, I'm getting that same "Session timeout" message mentioned above. It's frustrating, because I'm trying to pay my bill, yet no matter how many times I log on, it keeps telling me that I've timed out. Grrrrr! I hope something changes soon, as I have been very patient with them for years. I'm still waiting for them to fix their system.

•   Mar 11, 2011

I am a NH customer and I am also trying to pay my bill online and keep getting that frustrating time out! I had to pay by phone and pay a $3.50 service charge. I have been paying them online with no problem for months and now I can't. I called tech support and they had me do this and that. It didn't help. Finally I said NO when they wanted me to reset my internet explorer.

• N
      Mar 27, 2011

We also cannot pay on line, the account they supposedly set up for us has not worked once. We pay on the phone with an additional charge of $3.50. I paid last month's bill and they shut us off for 48 hours on the internet. When I called with the confirmation #, they said 'oh, here it is, it wasn't posted'. She said she'd have to go ask her manager about it. When she came back she told me it was 'human error', the number typed in was 683, instead of 603...'human error' or 'computer error', either was the internet still was shut off for 48 hours. This is the third time this has happened, so we went over to Comcast who now cannot "port" over our unpublished phone #. Fairpoint will not release the phone number to Comcast calling it a delinquent accout. They have had my payment for almost 30 days, I spoke with them about their "human error" 2 weeks ago, they still have not taken the money out of my account and we are DELINQUENT??? Anyone have any direction on where to go with this? Our hands are tied by this stupidity, we want the same unpublished phone #. Comcast is telling us it is illegal for Fairpoint to do this. Meanwhile we have a phone number we don't want and did not request. We have paid for that unpublished number for over 4 years now and don't want to have to change everything around again. Fairpoint does not want to lose our business, but what I can't get them to understand is that they ALREADY HAVE LOST IT. I no longer want anything to do with them. The bills are paid, it's their error in not posting them and we get shut off anyway... any direction to help with this would be appreciated.

• C
      Jul 22, 2011

I HAVE TRIED FOR A MONTH NOW TO CHANGE MY PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICE BACK TO COMCAST, AND FAIRPOINE WILL NOT RELEASE MY PHONE NUMBER TO COMCAST. I WILL HAVE TO TAKE ON A NEW PHONE NUMBER, IF THATS WHAT IT TAKES. PEOPLE PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM FAIRPOINT IN NH . PHONE SERVICE IS VERY BAD.