Expedia — no email confirmation
Today I looked at my bank account & saw a debit for the amount of a ticket I tried to book 3-4 days ago with Expedia. Since I made the reservation and never received a confirmation email at either of the email addresses I gave, I assumed it was never made. Since this flight is not at all urgent, I decided to make it at a later date.
I've been booking this same flight almost every month for the last year from various online travel companies. I have always received an email almost immediately from every one of them, except Expedia.
Now my account has been debited and overdrawn with over $100 in overdraft fees. All the "customer service" rep, and supervisor, could tell me was about their 24-hour cancellation policy which is online when making reservations. Well, so is their commitment to sending a confirmation email.
I'm a technology professional and understand what causes emails to not be accepted by an account. None of those applies to my account and my son has an entirely different account that did not receive it either. I have always received emails from every other online travel company. They need to accept responsibility for the mistake.
I do not want a credit as I have no intention of ever doing business with them. We have choices and it is our right to execute them.
I now await a response from their online customer service email option.
I recommend not having the headache of using a company that will not take responsibility for their mistakes.
More Expedia Complaints & Reviews
- Expedia - worst of all, very rude customer service people! 
- Expedia - non refundable 
- Ebookers - avoid! avoid! avoid!!! 
- Expedia / Vacation Waiver - beware & expedia vacation waiver& 
- Expedia - best price guarantee scam 
- Expedia - refund itinerary # 7343531174502 
- Expedia - expedia.com. sg ignores their own refund policy and cheats its customers
- Expedia - canceled flight
- Expedia - illegal business practices 
- Expedia.com - my hotel was not booked, but I was charged