Menu
Expedia Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Expedia
reviews and complaints

www.expedia.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 8272 Reviews

How responsive is Expedia's customer service?

108 Resolved
1293 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Expedia handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Expedia and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Expedia has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Expedia reviews and complaints 1469

Newest Expedia reviews and complaints

A
4:31 pm EDT

Expedia Refund

I booked a one way flight for me and my husband using Expedia. Iberia Airlines cancelled the flight and sent me an email saying "These are follows: i) Choose an alternative flight on a later date of your choice, subject to availability; and ii) obtain a full refund of your ticket through the same payment method used to make your booking or, if you prefer, an electronic voucher to use for future bookings or to purchase additional services on www.iberia.com". So yo read that I could get a refund using the same payment method. Expedia refuse to refund my money via the credit card I used and will only give me air credit to use another time. I have had to pay again to get another flight because Iberia gave me a flight for the following day which was not going to work for us. DO NOT use Expedia. This is the last time I will be using them or anyone affiliated with them. They are thieves!

E
1:19 am EDT

Expedia Americ Inn 7260 Dodge Rd in Central Omaha

Water leak in hotel ceiling panels coming off
Crappy and not worth 99.00
It shouldn't be advertised as a place to stay on your web sight. My husband said terrible .
Thanks
Evelyn Yray

H
12:47 pm EDT

Expedia Refund

Booked tickets to fly to England the airline cancelled tickets related to covid. The airline approved a refund but Expedia has withheld it and keeps claiming it's the airlines fault.
I worked as a nurse through covid and had over $1000 stolen from me by companies that have more power/resources than me. If nurses mimicked this behavior a lot of more people may have died ? So I am most upset to be taken advantage of in this manner and I would like the total amount refunded

I have emails to verify

Desired outcome: Refund for exactly the amount that was take.

11:59 pm EDT

Expedia service

hi my name is Rakesh Grover. I have booked a flight for Newark(EWR) to Delhi for 2nd sep 2021. MY itinerary number is [protected]. unfortunately there is change in schedule of my connecting flight which is Delhi to Amritsar by flight agency, which I didn't like and trying to cancel. initially I had a hard time to cancel that connecting flight but lately I have succeed to cancelled it with Vistara people(third party flight agency). But now I m facing issue to get the refund. lately Vistara people said I have to talk to Expedia because I have booked flight through your company. When I called Expedia then they said I have to called United because they took control of ticket. but when I called them they said we can't do anything I have to talk to agent who has booked my flight which is your company. so nobody is listening my complaint they are just pooping me from here to there. I have never had this much poor service.
kindly do the needful.

4:09 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Emails

Expedia keeps sending me unwanted emails, and they provide no way to unsubscribe from them.

Desired outcome: Get me off their damn email list

C
9:22 am EDT

Expedia Totally incompetent

I had to rebook a new reservation so I called Expedia to do that for me. The day of the flight arrives, So I go to do the check in. Come to find out, the airline doesn't even see that reservation. So I called Expedia again, but NO ONE was able to resolve the issue and NO ONE was even able to book a new flight for me! They just put me on hold for hours and let me lose my flight!

Expedia gives terrible service, they do not know how to do their jobs, and are not serious about it.

Please avoid using Expedia at all costs if you don't want to lose your flight at the very last moment.

Read full review of Expedia and 2 comments
2 comments
Winston Ledford
, US
Aug 19, 2021 11:45 am EDT

the booking number from Expedia was not on my Cherokee lodge Cherokee. Expedia took my credit card at .cherokee lodge when I got there 500 miles from home the booking was not on Cherokee lodge's computer I had to repay. booking number-[protected], not paying twice. Monday c in 16th of aug out 17th. Ledford

Winston Ledford
, US
Aug 19, 2021 11:47 am EDT

go on my email catprize233@yahoo.com or I call BBB-or [protected] your boss

5:47 pm EDT

Expedia Refund for canceled trip

I booked a trip for May 3rd 2021 to the Palladuim Resort in Jamaica. My girlfriend is from Colombia and I am from the USA. I asked if she would need a visa because of the connecting flight in Miami, but I was told no. I then had a chat session and asked again and was once again told she would not. The day of the trip she was stopped at the check in counter and told she needed a visa. I called Expedia and now they verified she would need it. After being on the phone for 3 hours, I rebooked a trip to Punta Cana where she could get on a direct flight. The agent said she could not cancel at the time but that she would call the resort later in the day (it was 3 am at this point) and put the cancellation through. I have now called 6 times and have been promised call backs, emails, and text messages and have never received any. It has been 4 months now and the reps tell me they cannot transfer my call and that someone will get back to me which they do not.

Desired outcome: refund or credit

12:56 pm EDT

Expedia [protected] This was 2 plane tickets(Very hard no good service)

This plane ride had changes from United airlines. We had no choice but to cancel.
I tried 3 times to get help by phone only to be hung up on by automated services. I also could not get your virtual agent to open the texts so i could text them.
I was trying to determine if there was another later flight...once I found from the airline there was no flights available I had to cancel. I know your system keeps telling me that I have to give 24 hour notice. But the airline only gave us a few hours notice about the trip delay that would cause us to miss our flight.
I wish that your site was more user friendly.
Calling your phone number did not work, Virtual assistant did not work.
I do not believe I will be using your site anymore...too many uncertainties if there is a problem there is no way to seek help.

T
3:40 pm EDT

Expedia booked hotel room in Rockport Ma

Booked a room on August 10th to the 11th at the rockport inn and suites for one night. Specifically booked it for the hot tub due to an arm injury and needing the heat. I paid 290$. Checked in and went to dinner. Came back bring my boys to the pool and me to the hot tub... NO TUB. Just a filled hole in the ground, but the spa sign is still up. Another client told me it was removed recently and she wasn't happy either. At this time it was 8:30 pm and I very well couldn't move my boys to another hotel.
I attempted to call expedia and after them saying an agent will be with you in 2 minutes (wait time)... 2 hours later I hung up... Nobody ever answered.
Can't reach them to complain!

PS I have photos of the sign and the filled in hot tub but they are in my phone... I can provide them upon request.

Desired outcome: I want a discount on my hotel

L
9:03 pm EDT

Expedia Booking/Rebate

On August 4, 2021, while driving across Canada, I used Expedia to search for a pet-friendly hotel in Vermilion Bay, Ontario. I was exhausted from a day of driving, and when a reasonably-priced hotel came up, I reserved the room. Then, when I went to Google maps to route the drive, I realized that Expedia had brought me to a hotel in Vermilion, Alberta, almost 5 hours in the wrong direction! I immediately (within 5 minutes) called the hotel and explained the error. They said I had to go through Expedia, and were not very helpful. On the Expedia page, it said I had to go through the hotel. I cancelled the hotel through the Expedia website, but the charge of $107 was still taken from my credit card. Expedia is impossible to get in touch with, and as I am travelling, I don't have time to deal with this nonsense. If I don't get refunded, I will use my considerable influence to tell everyone about Expedia's mistake, and I will never use Expedia again. Please reach me at [protected]@gmail.com or at 514.234.5808. I want a refund, this was not my mistake and I'm really frustrated.

Desired outcome: Refund.

B
8:02 pm EDT

Expedia Purchased Hotel & Air package and they only confirmed the hotel portion of the package.

On Saturday August 7th I purchased a hotel and air package for Puerto Vallarta including 2 rooms and 4 plane tickets. When i received my confirmation, it did not include the air portion of my purchase. I spent days trying to get help at the customer service level, asking for a dispute department and nothing was done, there is no contact for disputes and ultimately after 5 days i needed to cancel my reservation. I know I still face an issue getting my money returned, but up to this point its been the worst experience of my life! there was no assistance and no option to speak to a dispute/resolution specialist. I basically felt like I was defrauded, my money went out instantaneously, but once there was an issue (likely a glitch in their system)there was nobody that could help. This is a serious issue, considering most users of this service are not the Uber wealthy and when their money is taken fraudulently and the dont receive the advertised service, they feel helpless, especially when they try 5 plus days to resolve to no avail.

V
2:27 am EDT

Expedia Flight cancellation due to Government restrictions

Hi, On the 5th of August I booked three tickets to Tasmania (Melbourne to Hobart, 15th August Itinerary# [protected] and Launceston to Melbourne 25th August, Itinerary# [protected]). The same day, the 5th of August Melbourne went into lockdown which is now extended till the 19th of August. On the 10th of August I received an email saying that the flight of the 15th of August has been rescheduled for another time and I had two options - to accept the change or to cancel the flight. I cancelled the flight BECAUSE OF THE GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS TO TRAVEL. And I asked for the refund of the return flight which is on the 25th of August. I was offered travel credit. I do not want a travel credit because we do not fly often and it will go into a waste. I specifically asked for refund. I was told on the phone by a phone operator that Expedia cannot do that and I have to contact Virgin. I called Virgin and was told by their phone operator that since I bought tickets through Expedia they are in charge of refunds. I called them again and asked to talk to the manager. The girl I spoke to eventually just hanged up without notifying me. I am asking for your help. Last year I lost most of my income and our family income suffered significantly. I am simply asking you to help us to get the refund instead of credit because I am cancelling the flight BECAUSE OF THE GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS, not because I just want to. I would happily travel. If I could. Please help. Contact me on victoria.[protected]@pm.me

Desired outcome: I am asking for full refund of the flight

3:05 pm EDT

Expedia Refused to refund hotel cancellation or to honor cancellation insurance

I made a reservation at Ramada by Wyndham Baltimore West, Aug 11, 2021 - Aug 12, 2021 (Itinerary #[protected]) on Aug. 3. I even bought cancellation insurance. I tried to cancel this reservation within 1 hour, when I read the reviews for this hotel, much worse than I thought, such as complaints of filth and cockroaches. I tried to cancel by phone, but a recorded message warned of very long wait times and that customers should use the website. But the website kept crashing and was unusable. I tried several times over the course of several hours and did finally get my reservation cancelled. But they still charged me for the reservation on my Visa credit card and did not honor my insurance. I have documentation for both the cancellation and the insurance. I am already disputing this charge through my bank, but I want to complain here as well.

1:54 pm EDT

Expedia Hotel reservation

Date of booking: July 20, 2021
I specifically told the agent at Expedia that my wife needed a Philippine Government Accredited hotel for 10 days, as specified to inter the Philippines.
The agent made a reservation for me at RedDoorz @ Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons. This was not a Government approved hotel. My wife was forced to stay in the San Francisco air port until she could show a reservation for 10 days at a Philippine accredited hotel. I was forced to cancel the first booking and quickly called Expedia to make another reservation that the airport authority would accept as a government accredited hotel. The second reservation was much more expensive than the first one. I have called Expedia many times to request a refund and all I get is the run around. The Itinerary # [protected] should refund me $246.47.

Desired outcome: Refund of $246.47

K
7:50 pm EDT

Expedia hotel not have internet - requesting a refund or voucher

Hello.
My name is Kimberley Monahan Read.
On August 5, 2021 I made a booking at Bangor Inn and Suites through expedia for a suite for $369 USD. Itinerary # [protected].

I had been driving for 10 hours and was ready to be at the hotel and check in with family via internet.

The room was advertised with wifi internet but we could not log on in the room. Maintenance was sent up to try to help twice but it did not work. When asked if we could get money back they said that we paid expedia rather than the so we would have to take it up with expedia.

They did allow me to bring my laptop to the breakfast room to get internet but this was not what I paid for.

I am a regular expedia customer and I would like to request a refund of at least half of the price of our booking as we were counting on internet and though they said we could leave and possibly be refunded it was late in the evening and we did not think it safe to continue driving.

Thank you for your help.

Kimberley Read

[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: Refund of AT least 200 USD

A
1:42 am EDT

Expedia itinerary number [protected] Jindabine NSW

I booked a hotel in jindabyne nsw from the 16th of july to 18th of july. As NSW were getting close to lock down I tried to contact expedia to weigh in my options regarding booking. i waited for hours and hours for a few days with no luck and I then proceeded to send an email asking for options regarding my booking as i could not get through an only a virtual operator talks to you. within minutes of sending my email i got an email saying your cancellation has been approved. what cancellation? i never requested a cancellation.
I tried for days to get through about this by then sydney was in full lock down and we could not travel. i spoke to a lady called Cristina and she asked me to send all the proof of the emails i sent and after 20 minutes on the phine she said if you can get a full waver from the hotel and send it to us we can arrange full refund. i must add the hotel has been offering full refunds and credits but could not organise mine because they said expedia cancelled my booking which was without my authority.
I obtained the letter and forwarded to you the next day. it is signed and has a staff name and a letter head from discovery parks jindabyne however then it took days of trying to get someone to help me and your staff keeps telling me that they are waiting on approval from hotel which is a lie, you have that letter and is on my file. Your staff has confirmed that however no one can assist. i keep asking for a supervisor to call me and no one calls me back and on top the hang up on me. i have spoken to over 20 people and not one person has the initiative or will to help and resolve issue. this has been going on for weeks and no one cares. We lost our jobs, can't leave home and i also need to pay a friend half of this booking
Someone needs to take responsability and ownership and fix issue when you already have everything that is need from me including letter from hotel.
please rectify and have someone call me as matter of urgency. i have waited long enough for your useless staff to do nothing.
i can be contacted on [protected] or [protected]@yahoo.com.au
it amazes me that an international company like yours does not have a customer relations department to assist clients

Desired outcome: REFUND

S
3:24 pm EDT

Expedia Hotel Extra Payment at Check-In

On July 24, 2021 my friend and I checked in to the Candlewood Suites in Chester, PA. The hotel was nothing like the photo on the website, instead it was in the center of a run-down neighborhood with nothing around except an industrial site where I later found out was a prison. I knew there was something to it because...what classy hotels have a security guard out front?
Valet, yes but a security guard with a weapon. When we got in the room the temperature in the room was 47 degrees. The temperature gauge had been changed from the normal one where the air was blowing out to one on the wall. Guess who came to the room and showed me how to bring the temperature up? You guessed it! The security guard. The young man seemed as if he was new and we got in so late we had to use UberEats to get something to eat that late. $30ish dollars. Wow. At Check-In the young man stated that I had to pay an extra $100 for accidental damages! Here it is a week later and my money is still not on my card after I've talked with the hotel and Expedia.

Desired outcome: I want my $100

10:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia Refund not received

I booked and paid for accommodation in Sydney for 22-25 July 2021 using Expedia.com.au (itinerary number [protected]). The booking included free cancellation until 21 July 2021.

The booking was cancelled by the hotel on 30 June 2021 and Expedia emailed me saying they had refunded the $726 to the credit card used for booking.

5 weeks later the funds have not appeared on my card. Neither my bank nor PayPal (who processed the original payment) has any record of a refund.

I spoke to an Expedia customer service officer who advised in an email dated 17 July:

"Thank you for getting in touch with us. As a follow up on your request to receive an update on the status of your refund, please note that Expedia Australia processed the refund on 30 JUN 2021 for 726.99 AUD. We kindly advise you to contact your card issuer and check the status in their records by providing the following reference number..."

My bank has no record of the refund nor the reference number Expedia provided. I called Expedia again and suggested they check for scams or an error in the card number but I just received the same advice back again.

I am a long-time customer of Expedia and over the years I have received other refunds from Expedia quickly and without incident. So it appears something amiss has occurred this time.

Matthew S.

Desired outcome: A refund as approved by Expedia.

2:03 pm EDT

Expedia Itineraries 72130752817242 & 72122545932056

Below email submitted 7/24/21 to help@expedia.com but no response.
"l've been a long time customer with Expedia for all my travel needs that have always been successfully arranged. However, this last trip
starting on July 16th, with the exception of the flight, was an absolute nightmare.
To begin with, it was assumed that my rental car booking with Enterprise was located next to LaGuardia airport since I needed
transportation to my hotel in Queens Village. But, there was no booking at the airport. The booking was some distance away in Queens
Village. My only option then was to take a $40 cab ride to Queens Village but by the time I got there they had given up the reservation as
being past the held time. The car rental manager was sympathetic with my plight and said that if I could wait 45 minutes, they would
have a car available. What choice did I have!
Next, the Best Western hotel was horrorable. It was a considerable distance from the car rental and, I my view, was not accustom to
what I expected. The dirty carpet in the hallway was taped over in a tear spot and the room was much less than satisfactory being
austere, drab and not the least hospitable. But, the worst issue was the constant loud noise of traffic all night on an adjoining major
highway to the extent that I was not able to sleep.
Up to this point, I was considerably upset with Expedia's bookings.
I left the Best Western hotel paying for one night at $162.22 and leaving a balance of at least $770.53 to be refunded. Another hotel was
secured for the remainder of the week at $1000. leaving me still to pay another for a $40 cab fare from the car rental to LaGuardia
airport
Needless to say, l'm seeking a refund from the hotel and some redress for this unpleasant trip.
Thank you .
Michael L. Falk"

Desired outcome: Refund of $999.41 to my credit card.

10:23 pm EDT

Expedia Hotel reservation itny#72131307057208

Booked a hotel reservation itinerary# 72131307057208 for an overnight stay at a hotel on 7/17 for a 7/28 stay and purchased insurance in case needed to cancel. I found out my company already reserved block of rooms and recommended we utilize their reservation. I cancelled my reservation 2 days later. As I checked out on 7/28 d my corporate card was charged for the one night stay. However, I was still charged by expedia, essentially I was charged twice. I paid for cancellation insurance, cancelled wel before my stay and expedia is charging me for what? They didnt cover my hotel charges and I gave enough advance notice and no services were provided. This is a scam and fraudulent, I need a full refund back to my corporate credit card asap. Please contact me asap or how I can complain to corporate and the bbb about these unethical tactics. I have gotten the run around and wait on hold over an hour just to speak to incompetent people that are unable to assist. I also will be disputing this charge with my corporate credit card and warn everyone and anyone against using there services. Please advise

Desired outcome: Please contact me ASAP

Expedia In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Expedia is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The search bar is prominently displayed, allowing users to quickly search for flights, hotels, and car rentals. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and filters to refine your search results.

Booking Process and Ease of Use: The booking process on Expedia is straightforward and hassle-free. Once you have selected your travel options, the website guides you through the booking process step by step. The checkout process is seamless, and you can easily review and modify your booking details before finalizing your purchase.

Range of Travel Options: Expedia offers a wide range of travel options, including flights, hotels, car rentals, vacation packages, and activities. Whether you're looking for a budget-friendly option or a luxury getaway, Expedia has something for everyone. The website also provides detailed information about each option, helping you make an informed decision.

Pricing and Discounts: Expedia offers competitive pricing and frequently provides discounts and deals on various travel options. The website allows you to compare prices from different airlines and hotels, ensuring that you get the best value for your money. Additionally, Expedia's loyalty program offers exclusive discounts and benefits to its members.

Customer Service and Support: Expedia provides excellent customer service and support. Their customer service team is available 24/7 to assist you with any queries or issues you may have. The website also has a comprehensive FAQ section and a live chat feature, making it easy to get the help you need.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Expedia's loyalty program, Expedia Rewards, allows members to earn points on their bookings, which can be redeemed for future travel. The program offers additional benefits, such as exclusive discounts, free upgrades, and access to VIP amenities. Joining the loyalty program is free and easy.

Mobile App Functionality: Expedia's mobile app is user-friendly and offers the same functionality as the website. You can easily search and book flights, hotels, and car rentals on the go. The app also provides real-time updates on your travel itinerary and allows you to manage your bookings conveniently.

Trustworthiness and Security: Expedia is a trusted and reputable travel website. They have been in the industry for many years and have established partnerships with major airlines and hotel chains. The website uses secure encryption technology to protect your personal and payment information, ensuring a safe and secure booking experience.

Travel Insurance Options: Expedia offers travel insurance options to provide peace of mind during your trip. You can easily add travel insurance to your booking during the checkout process. The website provides detailed information about the coverage and benefits of each insurance option, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs.

Cancellation and Refund Policies: Expedia's cancellation and refund policies vary depending on the travel option you have booked. The website provides clear information about the cancellation and refund policies for each booking, allowing you to make an informed decision. It is recommended to review the policies before making a booking.

Additional Services and Features: In addition to flights, hotels, and car rentals, Expedia offers various additional services and features. These include airport transfers, travel guides, and activities. The website also provides helpful travel tips and recommendations to enhance your travel experience.

Overall Rating and Recommendation: Expedia is a reliable and user-friendly travel website that offers a wide range of travel options at competitive prices. The website design and user experience are excellent, making it easy to find and book your desired travel options. The customer service and support are top-notch, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable booking experience. With its loyalty program and mobile app functionality, Expedia provides added benefits and convenience to its users. Overall, Expedia is highly recommended for all your travel needs.

How to file a complaint about Expedia?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button located at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Expedia. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Hotel Booking" or "Cancellation Policy Not Honored".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Expedia. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the service or product you used.
  • Specific details about any transactions, including dates, amounts, and confirmation numbers.
  • A clear description of the problem and how it has affected you.
  • Any communication you've had with Expedia's customer service, including their response or lack thereof.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue and the outcomes.
  • The personal impact, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or stress.

Be as factual and chronological as possible to paint a clear picture of the events.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or evidence that supports your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, screenshots, or confirmation numbers. Do not include sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or passwords.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking from Expedia, whether it's a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or from Expedia through the platform, so it's important to monitor the progress of your complaint.