Complaints & Reviews

Not able to cancel unauthorized payment!

I was contacting by Etour and Travel after looking at their website. We were looking into different traveling companies to see what they had to offer for future use. The representative on the phone said that he would send me information and that it would not cost me anything until I had made a decision.

When I got my visa statement, Etour and Travel had charged me $415.00 and this was without my authorization. I called them and explained what happened. The date of the transaction on my visa was January 14th and they said that in their system it was the 12th. So, because I was calling on the 29th it had already been past their 15 day cancellation period. This was something that I was never informed about when the call was made to me or when I received the DVD in the mail. The DVD did not come with a letter or any information about me having an account with their company.

Their customer service representative would not let me talk to the manager and when I finally decided to pretend to cry they gave me customer service's email address. But that's as far as I could get. Their customer service is very unwilling to help you when it comes to refunds when you didn't authorize them in this first place.

• Ge
    George Feb 23, 2008

This very thing happened to my wife. She was in tears one day when I came home from work. She worked really hard to make a vacation for our family. She had made reservations then changed the date (by one day) with this company. The company told her no problem - I guess they need to keep two reservation for us in the system because once you cancel one it's gone. She phoned numerous times and They were working on it but we still had the old reservation as a back up. She called again last week and was told our reservation was cancelled. Which means we have park tickets, plane tickets, a rental for the week and a paid in full package that does not give us a place to stay for 6. She wanted to speak with management but no management was available, there or would speak with her. She was hung up on and she is persistent. When she called back she was told there was nothing they could do. They offered to down grade and return the fee for the upgrade and my wife asked them which child they would feel comfortable with staying in a room by themselves (The rooms were not even attached). She passed some threats and still nothing not even a manager. She then contacted the BBB and began calling around for another resort to take us in. When she found one (Thank you Westgate) Etour and Travel would not refund our money. It was a scam! I knew it - We had written confirmation so we had a case. My wife contacted the company once more to hear the same story - Nothing they could do, no manager, no refund! She says she told the young man on the phone to get a pencil. Write this down! I am contacting the Better Buisness Bureau and will form a complaint - I will then contact your CEO Lance Croft (Thank you BBB for the information) then I will be faxing a letter to your affiliates and will follow them up with phone calls every hour on the hour. I will then contact an attorney and reclaim what has been lost by your company on our vacation. She just finished explaining everything to me when the phone rang - It was a manager from Etour and Travel with great news - She cried harder. They are putting my family up at legacy Dunes and fronting the bill on a few other items for our inconvience. My wife is in Florida now and having a great time with her family - Legacy Dunes is nice and the kids are loving Mickey Mouse. I pays to be persistent -I only wish I could have gone too.

Margot U. Washington Apr 04, 2008

Hi,
    how did they receive your credit card information?

RajHans2 Jul 28, 2010

This company will lie to you to get your business. When you have committed and try to book your vacation they will change the things they said to you based on the "small print". DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY! STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!

Cindy Wolf Mar 29, 2011

Be more specific. What is the small print and what happened? I just bought this package and I am investigating before the 15 days so I can cancel if necessary.

• Rh
    R. Hans Mar 30, 2011

Text here ...

• Rh
    R. Hans Mar 30, 2011

They had promised that the hotel booking would be at a resort (and they had marketed that to us upon initial sale). When it came time to book the hotel they got us the cheapest hotel (Not on a resort) that they could find. They indicated that the small print said that this could happen. I told them that this was not in keeping with the marketing campaign that they had conducted (small print notwithstanding). In the end they did refund all our money. I hope that helps.

• Jr
    J. Riddle Dec 08, 2011

I sure wish I had read all the complaints before I fell for their worthless promises. It is a scam. The salespeople will tell you anything to get the sale and nothing is what is promised.

• Tr
    troopers May 08, 2014

E tour and travel took 198.00 from my account offering a vacation package. I attempted to book in march of this year, I was told daily, someone would call me back or to call at a later time. Now it is roughly 12 days from the time i am to arrive and the company E tour and travel tells me I cant receive those days. I ask for a refund and am told i am out of my 15 days to receive one, but I ve tryed to book since March and have the online confirmation to prove it, but still cant get a refund.

Terrible scam!

Called to cancel vacation package, and what ensued was a half hour battle with rep over why I wanted to cancel my service. I told him I never received confirmation email (they had my email listed wrong) and I didn't like the things I'd read online regarding the company and it's practices. He then attempted to offer an auto upgrade to 2 bedroom hotel with living room and full kitchen, but I was still unwavered in my decision. Just really upset that it took such a fight to have my money refunded and have the order canceled.

• Fo
    Former May 28, 2008

The sale of the packages is commission based so the customer service department tries to prevent the sales people from losing their commision of course.

If you just want to cancel, you persist as they did when they sold you.

It will get done. Also, if they don't do it within the 15 days. Call your CC company and tell them the situation. problem solved.

The deal is legitimate, I can attest to it. There's a lot of misunderstanding with timeshare related vacation packages.

I'm sorry for you struggle, but you could have enjoyed yourself.

Do not deal with this company!

Others were traveling with my children and I, but are not now. My children want to go to Disney and I have no need for the universal tickets now.

Account#1203268
1203269
1203270

Please reimburse these to my Mastercard. If you have any other questions please let me know. I am displeased with etour and travel and would not want to deal with this company again. I wanted to take my presentation day on another day and this is not agreeable with your company. I have had numerous problems along the way. Rene Saulnier

• Al
    Al Barnes Mar 23, 2008

We travel with our two Australian Shepherds and went to great lengths to insure we had accomodation that would accept the dogs prior to leaving home. When we arrived at our destination, etour had changed us to a place that had a strict "no pets" policy. They refused to do anything about it, even saying their contract allowed them to do this. I asked them to read that to me as I couldn't find it in the contract. After a long delay they said "well, it isn't there, but it is on our website" I had to find and pay for other lodging because of their refusal to honor their contract. I am still out $600.00 and etours refuses to do anything about it.

• Jb
    Jbell2010 Feb 04, 2010

Do you know someone in leadership I can speak with at ETourandTravel? I spoke with a representative last week and he hung up on me twice because I wasn't interested in upgrading a $400 vacation package purchased on 2/8/2009. I called back several times and he continued to hang up.

When I called today, I spoke with a young lady. She hung up when I mentioned my experience with the gentleman last week. I keep calling back and I am not getting an answer. I believe my phone calls are being routed to the same representatives based on my the phone numbers of record. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Robert W Healy Sep 17, 2010

Facebook is a good way to advertise for this company. Let people know how they do business with all your friends and their friends.

Robert W Healy Sep 17, 2010

No need to try and cancel your tour with this company, you won't get your money back even if its before the end of the 15th day. Over the phone you are told that if you don't want to attend the sells pitch you only required to see the tour. When the package arrives it states that if you don't attend the pitch, you will be charged for the rooms and I' sure they will be high in dollars. You are also required to attend another pitch at your next 4 days or else. This company is a scam in my mind. I'm going to advertise for them in FACEBOOK. I'm sure with all our friends and their friends, it may cost these scamers alot.

Refusal to give money back

The travel agency called and spoke with my boyfriend juan f franco. Said yes to the vaction, but quickly changed his mind and said no to the offer, but the travel agent said that they couldn't cancel the order. They said that they had to process it and that we had to wait to get it in the mail. Which all took place aug. 15,2007. We were never told about the fifteen days to cancel. When I estella garcia called to find out why it was taking so0 long to receive the package, which was about a month and a half ago. Was told that it should have been there already, but we still didn't get it until last month. I then called to tell them that we didn't want it and that we wanted our money back. The person that I spoke to told me that we couldnt have our money back because the package was purchased in august so the fifteen days had already passed, but I don't see how that should affect us getting our money back if we were never told about the fifteen days and we didn't receive the package until months later. I also feel that when my boyfriend asked for his money back during the original conversation back in august they should have given it back instead of saying that we had to wait for the package to come in the mail. We have no hard feelings only want our refund back of $398.00. I also feel that you should see to it that the agents make it more clear about the fifteen days.
Sincerely,
juan f franco & estella v garcia

Devon Smith Jan 15, 2008

All sales are made with a DRS digital tape recording. If your boyfriend did indeed ask for his money back on the original call you could simply ask for the tape to be played back. It would be on that recording. If it is they would have to refund you. IF it's not on the tape recording... well then you're lying. I would be willing to bet that what IS on the tape recording is your boyfriend agreeing to the charges.

• Be
    Belch Jan 31, 2008

This if for Devon Smith, the guys with the pervious comment, who acts as if he has been to the trip before. But really, Devon, you sound like you are working for etourandtravel and i bet you do, because you back them up in every little comments that everyone has about them. So F*ck you Devon, because you guys don't tell the truth, like all the hidden charges and fees.

Cindy Wolf Mar 29, 2011

This is an old post but I want to know if the money was ever refunded or did this couple use the package? I just bought a package and I am now totally apprehensive.

• Fa
    fayeray May 25, 2011

they are lying have to agree we too were caught in their scheme

• Fa
    fayeray May 25, 2011

we were called by this company...and regret we agreed. The reps are rude. Please do not go on this trip. we have been put through the ringer. Do not give them your M/C VISA or Capital cards. Once they have it, they put on any item they want. We are refuting some items as we thought we did not ask for. once you give them your card...good luck. Never have been so stressed out in my life. WARNING..never give anyone your major credit card on phone. Hope tis helps future people. We all work hard for our money. we had to cancel our card as well so future charges would not be put on. BUYER BE WARE.

Unauthorized charge!

I was billed $198. when I told the salesman that I did not have the money for a trip. He said "lets just see...

Rip off!

I received a call from the sales rep that my vacation had expired and that I had till Nov. to use it or it would be lost, unless I could pay another $20 to extend it for another 6 mths. I ask him if I could just get my money back and he informed me that the only way is to sale it to someone else. I would not wish for anyone to go through this. I think this is a rip off to charge someone and then keep their money!!! I just has surgery and will not even be able to use it at all. Is there anyway of getting my money back from this company with out getting a lawyer involved?

Plz advise smb!

Devon Smith Jan 15, 2008

It's called a prepaid vacation lady.

They told you how long you had to use it when you bought it. Did you think they were joking?

When a company gives you exactly what you payed for... and even calls you to REMIND you that you need to travel soon so you don't miss out... That's not a rip off... Etourandtravel went out of their way to help you and you're giving them a bad name online... that's pathetic.

• Wi
    william harrison Oct 18, 2008

Yeah this lady is nuts. I used to work for E-Tour and Travel back in the late 90's (Then Cape Canaveral Tour and Travel). It was a fun job that paid well for a teenager.

anyway this lady has serious gall to prepay for a vacation and then a year goes by and after they try to extend it for her for a paultry $20 to do her a favor and make sure she is able to travel she has to nerve to think she is entitled to her money back.

She filled out a form online expressing interest and requesting more info. She liked what she heard and gave up a credit card. They recorded all the details on a taped verification to ensure quality and prevent fraud. They sent her the trip. Basically they did their job lady!

How dare you think you can now cancel after a year!!!

NOT A RIPOFF!!! IDIOT CUSTOMER!!!

• Ne
    negmorne Jul 15, 2009

i received a phone call from etour and travel.
    i didnt want to be mean and hang up on their face after i told them that i didnt have the 490$.(which i regret i did not do), so i decided to use the credit card that was full so that i could show them that i really do not have the means to pay for their package.
    Unfortunately, the purchase went through, and now i have 500$ more on my credit card which i never thought would have been possible.
    i looked at their papers, and i realised that you have to be 23 to use the package, I am 22. I am wondering if there is a way to cancel this whole thing and get a refund.

malevolent Jul 15, 2009

lol - well you sure showed them eh? no offense - but who GIVES A COMPANY THEIR CREDIT CARD DIGITS TO "SHOW THEM" ??

• To
    totally totally duped Jan 15, 2010

obviously you work for E tour and Travel you are just as much of an devil as they are!!! IT IS A RIP OFF!!! THEY HAVE NO SOUL AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT MAKING THE SALE AND THEY WILL DO AND SAY WHATEVER THEY HAVE TO TO GET IT!!! I HOPE THEIR ENTIRE BUSINESS GOES DOWN IN FLAMES!!!

• Jb
    Jbell2010 Feb 04, 2010

Do you know someone in leadership I can speak with at ETourandTravel? I spoke with a representative last week and he hung up on me twice because I wasn't interested in paying an additional $200 to extend the $400 vacation package purchased on 2/8/2017. I called back several times and he continued to hang up.

• Ba
    barger Feb 10, 2010

I sent out a complaint a short time ago, about the Fraud they have done to us. As I read other complaints they are basically the same as ours.

How can they stay in business, when they are not truthful with us and take our money?

Seems to be enough of us, can we start a petition or something and send to the Attorney General or who ever that handles complaints like ours?

• Am
    Amazingrace Jun 17, 2010

I live in Alabama without job due to the Gulf Oil Spill. Back in April when I received the call from Etour about the package, I was told I could cancel the package at anytime. I have not received my package to date but only have charges on a CC bill. Being that my credit card is my only resource of money right now I needed to cancel the package so I could free up the money to buy gas and food during this hard time. I called Etour to get a refund on my credit card & the representative "Floyd" was not accomodating whatsoever. More or less tough luck. After a heated debate, I requested his manager "Eric" who stated was the lead supervisor, in which I continued to plea my case, requesting a credit on my card. I was appauled by his reaction when I told him I was unemployed due to oil spill. He commented "well where do you work, how are you without a job"...said I could sell the package or take the vacation. He obviously decided to play ignorant. No way for me to vacate right now. Hoping for more support during this difficult time which the oil hasn't hit south Florida & I certainly hope it doesn't but he just may be without a job himself soon. Times are hard and Americans should learn by now that we all should help one another & stand together during hardships and refrain from alienating business relationships.

• Jj
    JJ*** Jun 22, 2011

I was contacted by eTourAndTravel about 2 years ago about a package to Orlando, etc., the cost was $398 and I thought a good deal. Until I found out that they charged my credit card twice! I canceled right away, but have been getting calls and emails almost daily since. I am getting silly in my old age I guess because when they called me with a super package for only $99 I agreed to purchase it if they could wait a week to charge my card. Well the next day they charged my card and as a result I have $75 in over draft fees. They did refund my money but I am still working on the fees as I feel it was their fault that I got charged the fees for lying to me. I wonder now just how good that trip could have been.

Can not cancel the vacation package!

My complain is basically similar to the other complain's. I was contacted by etourandtravel offering me also a Mexico vacation package and this was actually why I responded to them,because I was interested to go to Mexico and to relax on the beach,last year I was in Cuba for 7 Day's and the package was $ 1450.00 all included for me and my wife. Anyway a lady called me after few day"s and started to talk about orlando and daytona I told her that I was looking for Mexiko but she managed to convince me that the other package is better,on the end of our conversation she asked me for my CC # and I gave it to her thinking that they are not going to charge me until I see the DVD.Few day's later I got the DVD and I was not very much impressed,so I send them an Email to cancel the package,this was only 7 day's later,they respond to me that they can not cancel it via Email!!!??? Why? They want to talk with me I knew if I talk to them they will try to convince me again,I told them if they want to talk with me they can call me in canada and whe will talk. They never responded to that. Well now the 15 day's cancellation timeframe is past and I am charged $498.00 and I can not do anything about it. I am not going to this trip I am not getting my money back, I think I did cancel on time but they does not accept Email cancellation, I don't know what to do. I don't know how is it possible to have companies like this, somebody should shut them down because this what they are doing is not human. I hope somebody will break their neck and I wish them to get the same back what they did to us but 1000 times worser.

• Je
    Jesseca Kowalczyk Sep 13, 2007

I was also scammed into that as well but I have until tomorrow to cancel and I will put in there face we will see who laughs last

• Rk
    RKD Jul 29, 2009

Rather than repeat many of the complaints that have been conveyed by many about the deception by this telemarketing business, I would like to express what everyone with a complaint about this company needs to do. Go to http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes

Yes, you can lodge a complaint with the Forida BBB but they don't actually take action. They merely put them on a "Complaints" list.

Fill out the complaint form on line. Be sure to list how you were deceived and how additional charges whcih weren't explained appeared against your account. Also, how you were deceived with how you could cancel within fifteen days.

I initiated Fraud Charges with my bank to retrieve my $99 just in case they try not crediting my account.

• 56
    56Baby Mar 28, 2010

Ok people, I just got sucked into this vacation thing. I have read severaly posts that say Etour and Travel do not accept email for cancellation. How did any of you cancel, do you have to call them in order to cancel.

I need to know A.S.A.P. so I can cancell.

I can't believe I got sucked in to this, I usally very careful and would never give out my CC# over the phone. Help me people...

• Pu
    Puhalo May 06, 2011

I was contacted by etourandtravel offering me also a Mexico vacation package and this was actually why I responded to them, because I was interested to go to Mexico and to relax on the beach, last year I was in Cuba for 7 Day's and the package was $ 1450.00 all included for me and my wife.

Aniway's a lady called me after few day"s and started to talk about orlando and daytona I told her that I was looking for Mexiko but she managed to convince me that the other package is better, on the end of our conversation she asked me for my CC # and I gave it to her thinking that they are not going to charge me until I see the DVD.

Few day's later I got the DVD and I was not very much impressed, so I send them an Email to cancel the package, this was only 7 day's later, they respond to me that they can not cancel it via Email!!!??? why? They want to talk with me I knew if I talk to them they will try to convince me again, I told them if they want to talk with me they can call me in canada and whe will talk, They never responded to that.

Well now the 15 day's cancellation time frame is past and I am charged $498.00 and I can not do anything about it.I am not going to this trip I am not getting my money back, I think I did cancel on time but they does not accept Email cancelation, I dont know what to do.I dont know how is it possible to have companies like this, somebody should shut them down because this what they are doing is not human, I hope somebody will break their neck and I wish them to get the same back what they did to us but 1000 times worser.

Fraud and cheating!

Etour and Travel put us up in a hotel in Daytona, FL that was absolutely disgusting. There was mold on the wall by the bed, a dirty plate next to the bed, crumbs on the floor, a used bar of soap in the shower, hair on the tub and floor of the bathroom, the kitchen was dirty and greasy smelling, the ceiling looked like it was about to fall in, and the bathroom drain in the tub was orange and discolored. The hotel was called "THE ISLANDER". When I checked in one person at the front desk said if we didn't like the room we would be able to switch rooms. So I called the front desk and another person said there were no more rooms. He sent a maintenance person up to the room and all he did was pick up the plate and said he would have the front desk call up to the room. They did not. So we called other hotels and had to pay for another hotel room for 2 nights!

Very poor service!

Devon Smith Jan 15, 2008

That's a pretty good story considering if you go to http://www.etourandtravel.com/hotels.php You'll see that The Islander isn't even a hotel that Etour and Travel are contracted with...

• Br
    Brenda Harlin Feb 19, 2008

This is the second time I've been taken by this company. I simply could not get away for a vacation for the first $398.00 trip so I felt that it was my fault that I didn't get my money back. However, this time I was assured by the salesman that I would have 30 days to look over the trip information. I looked at the brochures and the front of the so called contract. I tried to get through to them but after being on hold 10 min. decided to wait and call back. When I called today to cancel, I was informed that it was too late. I wonder if they have the computer system set up so that if your days to cancel are over you can get through , but if they aren't you are put on hold so that you can't cancel via telephone. Thanks for the vent.

• Ca
    carol Jun 16, 2008

DO NOT EVER GO WITH E TOUR & TRAVEL! IT RUINED OUR SON'S DREAMS OF GOING TO FLORDIA!!! ALL WE GOT FROM THEM WAS "OH I AM SO SORRY" BEFORE WE BOOKED WE ASKED SEVERAL QUESTIONSD AND THE ANSWERS THAT WE RECIEVED WERE LIES!!! WE HAD OVER $400.00 IN FEES THAT WE WERE ASSURED WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY UPON OUUR ARRIVAL IN FLORDIA. WE ONLY WERE ABLE TO EAT 2 MEALS A DAY AND SOMETIMES MY HUSBAND & I DID WITHOUT SO OUR SON COULD EAT. WE HAD TO BUDJET FOR EVERYTHING. AND THIS REALLY MESSED IT ALL UP. FROM PAYING AROUND $100.00 FOR PARKING AT THE MOTEL TO EXTRA TICKETS WE HAD TO BY THAT WERE SUPPOSE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE BUT WERE NOT TO A DEPOSIT OF $300. ON THE RENTAL CAR THAT WE WERE TOLD WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY UP FRONT BUT WOULD BE APPLIED TO OUR DEBIT CARD AND ACCESSED IF NEEDED UPOIN RETURN OF THE CAR. THEN WE WERE TOLD TAT IF WE GAVE THEM CASH WE WOULD GET IT BACK WHEN WE RETURNED THE CAR. WRONG!!! THEY HAVE TO MAIL THE REFUND TO US. WE HAD TO GO TO SOME FRIENDS OF OURS SO WE WOULD HAVE $ TO COME HOME ON. (WE LIVE IN SOUTHERN MISSOURI AND FLEW OUT OF KANSAS CITY). OVER 300 MILES. WE WERE ALSO TOLD WE WOULD GET A $100. GAS CARD. WE DID NOT!!! OUR MOTEL WAS OVER 40 MILES FROM THE AIRPORT AND MORE TO ANY OF THER ATTRACTIONS WE HAD INTENDED ON SEEING. TIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICE BURG. WE WILL NEVER AGAIN TRUST A VACATION PACKAGE!!!EVER!!!

• La
    laura73 Jan 30, 2010

I just purchased a 119. dollar package. I am confused about alot of these complaints it seems to be some of you did not take the vacation. So i can not see how you can complain.. I recommend you do research on the place you will be staying. Me and my husband buy packages like this every year i research each hotel i recommend a condo i check to see how close i am to theme parks. i hope i will not be dissapointed i will post an update of our stay...
    But i am fully aware that i give my credit card # and my account will be charged.. I have 15 days to cancel that's what i was told. I am not planning on canceling 6nights, 2 tickets or car rental i pick 2 tickets for 119.00 ok i might upgrade for 39. dollars a night a total 360.00 plus tax but i go to Florida every year, 1 night in a 2 bedroom condo would cost 200. dollars. I see this as a deal. Just have to give 3 hours of your time... Well that is how much time they take from us.

Poor service!

I had an aggressive tele-marketer from e-tour and travel based in Orlando call me and sell me a 3nights in Orlando and 2 nights in Daytona package, for $198.00, no mention was made that presentations had to be attended by husband and wife for their time share or what ever it the con' is when they sold it to me!

I purchased the package in 2006 then could not go straight away as my husband got called to active duty in Iraq, so I paid $50 extending the time period for the offer, then they called me again in June 2007 to say I needed to book or extend, so i told the agent I would like to book it but my spouse was on military duty, he said no problem its in your name so you can do that, but wanted another $50 for a non refundable fee to hold the reservation? Which I am sorry to say paid.

So I had booked my flights to travel August 2007 then got a call from one of ETours Managers late in July 2007 to book my presentation, he says I have to do this presentation with my spouse or I can't have the hotel room I have already paid for? I told him I would be traveling alone, he said he was canceling my hotel because its written in the rules you must do this presentation with your spouse. Then he refers me to Kings Creek Vacations and says thats who sold it to me, I call them and they say they have nothing to do with the actual booking, and I must deal with ETour and Travel. So I have tried to call and e-mailed ETour and Travel but they do not respond back to me, and are ignoring me, they have $400 of my money and I have no hotel and my vCtion is ruined, nice way to treat the wife of a veteran serving your country ETour and Travel!!

Don't be conned out of your money by ETourand Travel.com they are rude, mean, and do not care about their customers...

Not allowed to cancel!

July 10/07, I had a call from Kenny Whitington whom was promoting a trip. After much hesitation, I agreed to look over the information. After discussing our budget with my husband, we decided that this trip was not for us. I purchased the trip for $169 on my visa and I was told that I could cancel anytime within 15 days. On July 16/07, my husband went to cancel the trip (I was away camping for 2 weeks), and he was told that he could not cancel the trip because his name was not on the form. A few days later, after receiving the information package, my husband tried to cancel again. He was denied because my name was on the form. On July 27/07, I returned from camping and immediately phoned to cancel. I was told that the 15 grace period was over and that the trip was mine. I could sell or transfer the trip to a friend or family. This is a trip that not just anyone would go for since you are required to sit through one to two hour presentation on time share. We regret ever getting involved in any of this. My information number is 1196409 and I would like to talk to the supervisor regarding this matter. This is the only solution that I was given when I phoned to cancel. I'm not sure how reliable a email complaints department is and I look forward to some sort of solution resolved from this.

Angela Elliott
[protected]@rogers.com.

Jonathan murray Jun 12, 2008

I never signed up for this.

• Pa
    Patricia Giesbrecht Aug 26, 2008

I sent you people a fax on July 17/08 about not being able to take advantage of the trip due to sickness. Previously I had talked to someone in your office and was told I would have my money returned to my VISA card. I have heard nothing from you and would like to have my money returned to my VISA card ASAP. My account # is 1192183, my address is 1005-597 Jefferson Ave. Winnipeg, Manitoba R2V 3G4, my phone # is 1-204-339-3018. The amount is $539.73+$254.24=$793.97
    You have my VISA number on file. Please answer this request ASAP. Thank you. Patricia Giesbrecht

Did not succeed in canceling a package

I tried to contact etour and travel to cancel a package deal but every time I tried the wait was too long or the phone was not in service. I e-mailed them and no one contacted me back and I would like a refund on the deposit I put down which was $98.

Rachel May 31, 2007

Maybe you couldn't get through to eTour and Travel because the phone lines were down all day last monday and tuesday. They are willing to take into consideration that the phone lines were down on those days if you were still in your cancellation period. I would advise trying to call them back. I have had nothing but good experiences with this company.

• Do
    dobei58 Jun 18, 2009

I called and cancelled around April 20 and have a cancellation number. Now they are saying they have no record of the cancellation and have hit my credit card TWICE for $398 each time. These people need to be put out of business!!!

Cindy Wolf Mar 29, 2011

What was the outcome of this complaint?

After15 days of nothing in the mail, no way to cancel!

I received a DVD after the 15 day time limit to cancel out our "vacation" with this company. Funny thing is they promised me a "packet" of information AND a confirmation email -- I had NO idea who to call as the guy never gave me any names as to who was selling me the package (yes, I was stupid, I admit it that I didn't ASK which company this was). The guy promised 7 night stays in 2 locations of their property (yes, THEIR property, I made sure to ask THAT one). When I got this DVD (which is ALL I received from them) I watched it and was shocked that I'd be staying at "their choice of hotels". I called immediately (well, the next day - it was at night I watched it) and found out it was after their 15 day time limit to cancel.

"Sorry, nothing I can do, you can contact our complaints department via EMAIL (only, get that???) and see what they say" ... I did but NOTHING BACK FROM THEM of course!

I filed a dispute on my credit card for the $69 I was already charged - the dispute was canceled and there was nothing my cc could do because ETourAndTravel refused the refund to my cc company as well! The rest of the money, we'll see. I've actually canceled my credit card because they will NOT take any more funds from ME. They do NOT do what they tell you they are doing - and I refuse to pay liars.

Do NOT get ripped by this company, it's a big scam and everything I've read about them - seems others have been scammed as well. (they even told me I'd have to pay MORE if I wanted to stay in their resort!!! Can you believe it??? After I ASKED and was told differently!!)

Jabeen Mahjabeen Dec 29, 2007

I want to cancel travel packg because when I ask about the cancellation they said you can cancel any time before doing all the payment so now plaese i want to cancel this packg. I also call many time but nobody answer my call so please cancel this packg and give back my cradit on my card.

No such travel agency

I was offered the 7 day and 6 nights orlando florida and3 night accommodations in daytona beach area. THEY ALREADY GOT $250.00 OF MY MONEY. My daughter talked to someone at the phone# they have listed on there purchase conformation letter1-[protected]. I decided I could not afford to go because of gas prices and a rental car also a few other things. When my daughter called and talked to them they said I was screwed more or less because I had and obligation to them and they would take the rest of the money out of my account. Now they wont I changed my account. When they go to get another payment boy will they surprised! They will not get the last $150.00 they are expecting. I know$250.00 is a lot of money to me and a lot of other people at least they did not get it all. I will not ever let this happen again. I have learned my lesson.

• Lo
    Lorik May 03, 2009

I am an employee of ETourandTravel INC. and I've worked there for about two years. We offer you a 15 day money back guarentee witht the vacation, past that it is bought and paid for. If you wanted to cancel the future payments on your account all you had to do was call your card company and inform them it is not necessary to change your account information but to each his own. We are a credible buisness and I'm curious why you would title your post "No such travel agency" when your complaint is that you decided to cancel the package? Just because you are not a cautious consumer does not make us a fraudulent buisness. And also if by chance your pkg is still active, it includes a rental car I noticed that was one of your complaints.

Annekath Apr 10, 2010

I got a call saying I had won a trip to disney with my partner and two more people of my choice. And I was offered the 7 day and 6 nights orlando florida and3 night accommodations in daytona beach area plus a trip to mexico. I should have felt it was too good to be true. Now they've got $298.00 OF MY MONEY. And when I wanted to cancel the whole thing on the same day, the lady on the phone just went from being sweet to rude...she gave me my confirmation number and then hung up. I had my credit card account locked so they can't take any more money from me. I hope this kind of scam will never ever fall on me again.

Deceptive telemarketing schemes

Etour and travel called me with an offer after contacting me at the end of last year and I refused the initial offer. The person I talked to offered me the package for $169.00 and I stated that I would need to discuss this with my wife and the person turned me over to their manager who said that if he could make the deal better would I do it right then and he then said the cost of the package would be $69.00 for me and that was what I agreed to and left it at that. I did not open the package immediately after receiving it because I had understood the agreement over the telephone and now my two objectives were to find a time that we both could go and talk my wife into going to the presentation because she does not like doing that, which is why I wanted to speak to her before taking the deal. However after opening the package under balance due were four monthly payments of $25.00. The individual who I talked to never said this and so I called and wanted to cancel the deal because how do you start off with some company that wants me to refer my friends to them when they start off by lying to me. The person who I talked to was very nice and made several concessions by trying to upgrade the package and she did give me a deadline which I missed by one day and they could not cancel the account and refund my money. The situation is this if I stop payment on the credit card they would have to cancel the account but for whatever reason they can't cancel because I do not want to have much to do with the company after the initial first impression that I received.

• Sh
    sherre north Jul 09, 2007

I got scammed 598$ by etour and travel. DON"T PAY THEM THING!

• Ka
    Kay king Jan 05, 2008

I want the company to uphold what the salesman told me in July. That I had a year to get my money back. Now they are saying that was never said.

Jackie Apr 11, 2008

I want to thank you for the info I just received a phone call for 398.00 package for Orlando I am glad that I refused it.

Scam and rip-off!

I booked a trip with them to Orlando, getting there on the 14th of Feb and leaving. I was to take a tour on...

Horrible experience got nothing

A few months ago I received a phone call from a lady offering a 6 night vacation with rental car, 3 star major hotel hotel, free tickets to Universal, as a few were left over for $149. Well the only requirement was that I had to listen to a company's presentation for 90 minutes. It sounded ok so I accepted the offer. We went this last weekend. The hotel was a run-down Ramada in Orlando that was nasty. Our presentation was over 180 minutes long (we could not get away with out walking out) and we received no attraction tickets or discounts of any kind. When I questioned this the website further explained (referred to website) that the free tickets are for Star Passes and they are not free but discounted for a large sum and only in addition to entry tickets at your expense to Universal. What a racket - say one thing, give another playing on words. We left one day early to get out of the hotel and went home. It is sad. Yes you get to go to Orlando but oh, get this, if I go to Daytona (the second part of the 6 day "vacation") I have to listen to another presentation - a 2nd one not mentioned. Basically you get nothing and they take your time. I have, in a sense prepaid for the hotel (they advertised $39.99 night and book 3 nights get 3rd night free.) Terrible experience.

• Br
    Brent Bucholtz Apr 16, 2007

Sub: False advertising

Was not told income was required to get tickets for a trip, came all the way from Chicago... false advertising that cost me lots of money.

Robert Miles Oct 16, 2007

I paid $99 to eTour and Travel for 3 nights in Orlando and 3 nights in Key West. I could get additional nights in Key West for $13 on availability. I made calls on Aug 21-Aug28-Sept 5-Sept 17 for reservations in Key West and was told there would be inventory coming keep calling. I called on Oct 16th and was told by Erin that Key West was not available. At the time I agreed to the program I stated I was only interested in the program because of Key West. My account number is 1158918. I would like the $99 credited back to my credit card. I do not want Daytona in place of Key West, that is not an option.

RobertMiles.

• Ph
    phellenbrand Feb 08, 2009

A positive comment:

I had purchased the travel package from E-Tour & Travel and after reading all of the negative complaints had decided not to follow through on this package and allowed it to expire. I received numerous phone calls from them and explained that I did not care to "gamble" on their vacation package. The phone calls continued until I wrote a letter of explanation to Mr. Lance Croft explaining why I had allowed my package to lapse.

Within a week I received a phone call from Mr. Croft explaining that the number of dissatisfied customers in comparison to the number of satisfied customers was relatively small. The package that they are selling is a travel package that is loosing them money. The only way they benefit from this package is by selling the time shares . So this is a promotional deal that comes with a very small price tag if you are willing to listen to time-share sales promotion.

I explained that I did not want to take advantage of this promotion since I was uncomfortable about coming that distance not knowing what I might be experiencing.

He immediately offered no resistance and I was told that I would be receiving a refund check for the amount I had paid to them. Within a week, I received the refund check. Therefore I would say that I was dealt with in a very fair and satisfactory way. Promotional packages are a way of companies encouraging you to try their products. They are usually offered at a unbelievably low rate that intrigues everyone to want to take advantage of the offer. It is like getting "something for nothing". There is an old saying that "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". I am not saying one way or the other that this promotion is a "rip-off" because I did not follow through on the promotion. But I will support E-Tour and Travel on keeping their word on giving me a refund. Mr. Croft was very understanding and in explaining their side of the story, I would have to say, that he was totally honest in telling me that they loose money on every package they sell at the price they are selling it at. So you cannot expect luxurious accomodations and amenities when you are paying bottom dollar. You get what you pay for.

Pauline Matz

rainy3078 Feb 11, 2009

Pauline your one of the representatives that called me they must have had you write this mess for the ur a liar your on theyer side and you know it

Voucher is not valid!

I received an Email indicating I could receive 2 free tickets to Universal Studios. On 10/21/06 I received a...

Never send them any money!

This is a complaint about the services offered by E Tour & Travel, a vacation ownership broker ...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices