Etisalatanonumous calls from isd code +92

Dear Sir,
My name is Gopa Dutta. I use the mobile number [protected] which is in the name of my husband, Mr. Kishan Dutta.
I have been receiving calls from unknown numbers with ISD code +92 which is for Pakistan. These calls are from different numbers with the same ISD code +92. My husband uses mobile no: [protected]. Even he has received such calls on various occasions. So have many of our acquaintances and a string of emails warning about these calls is doing rounds on the internet now. I can produce these emails, if need be.
To substantiate my statement, I have received a call on 19/01/2009 at 17.49 hrs from +[protected] and again two calls on 03/02/09 at 18.49 and 18.52 hours from +[protected].
When some of us, including my husband, tried calling the numbers from where they received these calls, they were invariably told that they have won a 1 million gift voucher from “Etisalat’. When this is dismissed as rubbish, the person on the other end starts using an abusive language that would put a decent person to shame.
More so, these calls come through at odd hours too
It is obvious from the foregoing that the database of Etisalat customers is available to these callers and they are not only harassing your customers, but also maligning your name.
I request you to probe this matter and resolve this issue. I am sure, you would have received more complaints about this issue.
Awaiting your quick response.
Best Regards.
Gopa Dutta.
email id [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ha
    Hasan Maanna Oct 19, 2009

Dear,

Regarding your above complaint. Please keep in mind that these people who are calling they are calling annonamus numbers without having a data base or anything of that kind. Also make sure that you haven't listed your phone number in the directory cause as you know it is available for anyone who enters etislat. Rest asure that know one is using etisalat data base and as long as this person who is calling is outside the country no one can reach him or do anything to him.

It's the same thing happening with Yahoo and MSN Email Accounts, did anyone of the people sending fraud emails get cought.

Regards

• Ap
    Aparajith.B Dec 07, 2009

Dear Ppl,

I have been getting anonymous calls from numbers starting from +92 which I understand is from Pakistan. I got the first call in the afternoon once in the first week of December and have received a call today ie 06th Dec'09 at 15.30 hrs.

While, I dont have any clue as to how they have my number, it seems this problem is persistent with many other customers as well. Hope concerned people take necessary action.

• Cr
    Cruze Dec 07, 2009

I got a call from same ISD code. N the no. is +92 [protected]
    I've gogled dis no. N i found it out to be a pakistani no.
    I've got no connection wid Pakistan but I'm getting calls
    from these numbers.this is the third time I'm getting a call like dat.
    Unlikely As stated by gopa, I don't know what's this etislat.
    Can someone plz help me out with my curiosity to know where r these calls coming from.

• Mo
    Mohd.Amir badreldin Dec 10, 2009

my credit got reduced by Dhs 10 for just messaging 1 message!
    I NEED MY MONEY BACK!!!

• As
    ased Jan 06, 2010

why has the etisalat banned msn messenger on 3G networks.just another way of teasing subscribers.

• Pu
    puneetkb Jan 06, 2010

I am an Airtel subscriber, I am also getting similar calls from a number: +[protected] Can anyone let me know how we can get rid of this?

• Ms
    Ms. RS Jan 13, 2010

I am an Airtel subscriber, I also got similar call from a number: +[protected] on 13th Jan saying that I have won a lottery from Dish TV. Can anyone help identifying who is calling.

• At
    Ateet Jan 21, 2010

am an Airtel subscriber, I also got similar call from a number: +[protected]. Please suggest

Rajesh_1977 Feb 14, 2010

I too got this type of missed call from +[protected] on Feb 10 2010, please suggest

JAsvi Apr 19, 2010

hi, i am an airtel user and i have also received a similar type of missed call from the number +[protected] on april 19 2010 i wasnt aware dat dis num is of whom so i called back from my reliance num, some one picked and disconnected, denmy friend told me dat dis num is of pakistan. m really scared dat wat type of call was dat actually?

• Ar
    arabinda haolader Apr 20, 2010

Hi Dear, I buy a Etisalat Sim with modem on 15.09.2009. but modem is not working properly. many time i go customer care and they cheek. they told me we change it but now stock unavailable. until not give me change

• Ni
    nikhil03 May 02, 2010

hi, i also got call today early morning, i was sleeping so i called back and someone named raj said i hv won a gift from airtel for 25 lacs. i asked who is he and how he can confirm this - so he disconected. Number is 12 digits and looks from pakistan. +[protected]
    how can airtel allow something like this...

• Iq
    Iqbal.h May 21, 2010

i too recieved a call from same no with a person telling me that i have won 25 lacs but i disconnected the phone

• Ge
    Geetd13 May 23, 2010

Dis is scary as well as disappointing. I m an airtel user n also got a call from pakistan wid the number +[protected] though i was busy n didn't pick up. The common link which i could see is "AIRTEL". Can any one from airtel tel us wat the hell dis is happening!

• Gr
    gr8mils May 24, 2010

I got a missed call frm +[protected] +[protected] this no. when i called back that person told me you won 25lakhs lottry and he give me his boss no. [protected] [protected] (Rahul Malhotra) now tell me, in pakistan there is Indian in heigher level its possible... Rubish...

• Gk
    gkt49 May 25, 2010

my name gopal and i also got miss call from +[protected] this morning 25.05.2010 but can't understand from where this type of calls are comming if someboady help me kindly mail me [protected]@yahoo.com

• Pu
    puneetarora May 29, 2010

I too got this type of missed call from +[protected] on may 30, 2010

• Fg
    fggfy Jun 05, 2010

Hi
    Iam recieving call from +[protected] on 5th june 2010 at 4.50pm.I Found that this number is from pakistan.

Rahul Deo Singh Jun 15, 2010

Hi all, This is Rahul from India. I have just recieved a missed call (at around 12:15 IST), while I was talking to my wife. The number flashed was +92 [protected]. It was only when I googled, I found this forum and also the plot and ploy of some evil-minded people based probably in Pakistan. May god grant some wisdom and may god save Pakistan.

Sameernaik3 Jun 16, 2010

Even i got a call today on my Airtel no from [protected]. that i have won 25 Lakhs. this no is from Sharjah.. a guy name Harish kumar picks up the call and tell you to tell him your bank account. PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT. THIS IS A FAKE CALL

BEWARE PLEASE...

• Do
    docmukesh Jun 17, 2010

got the same call from no [protected]... telling me that i have also won the lottery... i just hung up the phone...

• Ab
    Abhinay Jun 22, 2010

Ya I also got a miss call from +[protected] when I checked these no . These no is from pakistan, I have also got some fake male of lottery from yahoo/msn . Acc. To me they have stolen our database or i.d . By which they hack our I'd and phone no. That they use as illeagel work .So I request to cybre crime police please stop these type of cyber crime.

• To
    tombreda Jun 28, 2010

i am getting missed call from +[protected]..

• Pa
    Parry07 Jul 02, 2010

Hi, I am an Airtel subcriber, I got a call from +[protected]. This seems to be from PAK

Sandeep Panwar Jul 06, 2010

I am an Airtel subscriber, I too got this type of missed call from +[protected] on July 06 2010, please suggest

• Pi
    Pinky Chaudhary Jul 12, 2010

Hi All,
    I am also an irtel customer and twice a day I also received call from a number +[protected]. This is Pakistan's number and the person said that we have won a prize worth rupees 10 lakh. They were asking for the house address also. I know this is a fake call. They people ask about the house address or bank details... PLZ NO ONE GIVE THESE DETAILS.

It is my request to the government to take some necessary action as these people are trying to expand their names that they can reach the common people also...

Plz take some action... Even that person gave another number to confirm that this is a valid gift pack. That number was also from Pakistan...

• Om
    omprabha Jul 21, 2010

hey...i m airtel customer and i m also receiving same blank calls from code +92 with different no. how can i get rid of this.

maddy20 Jul 25, 2010

i got miss call from [protected]

• In
    India12345 Aug 04, 2010

I got miss call from +92 [protected] and just when I was trying to reach this number, it clicked my mind that +92 must be of some place near to India.When I checked this number, this number is from Pakistan.
    I have heard that some people hack and misuse some information for illegal work. I request the concerned authorities to please take action for this.

• Su
    Sujis Aug 07, 2010

i am a sawa subscriber today i got an anonyms missed call from a number starting from +92. i think this is the 2nd or 3rd time i an getting call from such number. and i traced the isd code and came to know that it is from pakstn. i dont understand what is the motive behind such calls.

• Ji
    Jimi Surjan Aug 10, 2010

Hi all, I also got a missed call from no. +[protected], when I called back, I was told that I won a lottery, at the same time, I disconnected. My Question is why are all these calls coming to AirTel subscribers only, and what is AirTel doing regarding this . Pl feel free to contact at [protected]@gmail.com

• Po
    poornima11 Aug 16, 2010

Even I got a call today around 2.30 p.m. from +[protected] and the person spoke in Hindi / Urdu and was claiming that I have won lottery worth 10 laks. He tried calling me 2-3 times and later switched off the phone.
    It's a puzzle to know from where he got the number. -Poornima

salimbablu Aug 25, 2010

i am getting missed call from +[protected].

• Sh
    sharmaneha Sep 06, 2010

Dear Sir, I got call on 5th Sept, 2010 in the morning at 8:30 but it got missed, it seems that it was from Pakistan and no. is +[protected]

• Ri
    rishikesh123456 Sep 23, 2010

hi i m rishi m also got miss calls from +[protected] ; i m also an airtel user
    is it any way of using my contact id for any distructive aspects
    i heard that pakistani terrorist r doing such type of things for using account for 24th sep result on mandir masjid qquarrel i m going to complain the crime branch unit it would be better that u people also keep a complain in nearest police station it would be better to complain in crime branch

• Pr
    priyadarshi2002 Oct 07, 2010

my father having airtel no [protected] in patna has received call frm no +[protected] telling that the is frm singapore n that u have won a lottry of ten lacs from airtel n dictated a file no which he need to tell a manager in pnb n then he would transfer the money. the call was received in morning of 08th oct. 2010.obviously this is a fakr call probably from pakistan.this is very annoying and authorities must take some action against this anonymous caller.

priyadarshi
    new delhi

• Ha
    hard bounded Oct 10, 2010

i am also getting false calls from +92 no today 10 oct 2010. i know it is from pakistan and none of my contact is in pakistan

• Er
    ernitingoel Oct 18, 2010

I have also received a miscall from the no. +[protected] on 11:11 AM on October 18, 2010. I checked the ISD code is of Pakistan.

SantoshK Oct 18, 2010

Yes, all of us getting such calls. Now let us check if there is any service from Service Providers like AIRTEL etc to block calls from certain country?

rana ravi kumar singh Oct 21, 2010

hi, i am a vodafone subscriber and i also got a call from no, +[protected] saying that i won 10 lac rupees lotary and asking for my bank account no. i want to infrom through this channel to cyber security personels to watch these kind of fake calls. my no. is [protected]