[Resolved] Etihad Airwaysfamily illness, unable to fly.

A Nov 14, 2017

Booking reference: ZJJRRN, Flight dates: Mar 06-Mar29.
Passengers, Mr Andrew Fitton. Mrs Wendy Fitton, Mrs Janet Haworth.

In May of this year I booked three tickets to fly with you to Sydney and return in March next year, 2018. We were looking forward to visiting relatives in New South Wales. I booked well in advance with you as to give us time to plan a good itinerary for us.

Unfortunately my sister Mrs Haworth has been very ill with a pulmonary embolism this summer but we hoped she would be well enough to travel, sadly she will not be able to make the trip. She continues to recover slowly and will be able to make the trip at a later date.

I spoke to your British call centre today to be informed the tickets are non refundable, which shocked me greatly to say the least. I also enquired if the tickets could be delayed for twelve months when my sister would be back in good health. I was informed that the tickets are for twelve months duration and we would have to use them by May, the anniversary of the purchase. This again will not be possible due to the health issue.

I have gone along with the three emails I have received changing the flight times without complaint and was hoping for a better outcome when I telephoned today. The option of delaying the flights is the one we would prefer, if this involves a (small) cost of which I am happy to pay.

Is here some way we can solve issue, which we feel is out of our control?

Regards,

Andrew Fitton.

• Resolution Statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response · Nov 15, 2017

Hello Andrew, we are sorry you were not aware of the fare policy when you booked your ticket.
    The fare rules are always shown when one books online.
    We suggest you get in touch again with the Contact Centre if you like to change the booking to the last possible date in May 2018. *Ela