Having problems with Esso?

Esso reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 14, 2008. The latest review Employees was posted on Jun 21, 2021. The latest complaint Employee behavior was resolved on Sep 06, 2020. Esso has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 355 reviews. Esso has resolved 32 complaints.

Esso Customer Service Contacts

P. O. Box 4654
Houston, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Esso Customer Service. Initial Esso complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Esso above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Esso. Discuss the issues you have had with Esso and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Esso Complaints & Reviews, Page 13

Esso — very rude frightening behaviour of sales associate

http://www.essostations.ca/2224063-rossland-esso-ajax The incident occurred at around 06:30pm on [protected]@017...

Ontario St. Essolack of customer care and complete disorganization

I would like to file a formal complaint over the rudeness and lack of service and complete disorganization of the Esso station located at 408 Ontario St, St-Catherines L2R 5L9.
The incident took place @ 15:26 on Sunday May 21, 2017 (Long weekend here in Canada) . On that very day there are literally torrential rains. This station blocks off the two main entrances on Ontario St. . Please refer to the here Google map link for reference : https://www.google.ca/maps/place/408+Ontario+St, +St.+Catharines, +ON+L2R+5L9/@43.1772099, -79.2666265, 3a, 75y, 102.41h, 90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sjYGdl5zIoFuPY6TlT_mpQQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DjYGdl5zIoFuPY6TlT_mpQQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D106.78607%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x89d3510cebf43e29:0x83a2c614c05f306f!8m2!3d43.1771917!4d-79.2663816?hl=en.

The station has 8 gas pumps to serve its customers. The first 2 closest to the main building are blocked off. Upon questioning the are reserved for corporate account customers. These customers do not exist on a long weekend. Therefore really 6 pumps to serve customers. No indication from the station they are trying to direct traffic only in one direction. Most european and japanese vehicles fill on the passenger side of the vehicle. So really there are only 2 pumps to serve customers. The attendants will not release the pump for fill up if your vehicle is not pointing in the proper direction of traffic. This is irregardless of a busy day or not cars but a few in wait of gas. In this situation the heavy downpours of rain.
This problem is there for quite some time as can be witnessed by the signage on each pump. Link for your reference:
To make matters worse the attendants make no exception of weekday or weekend - it could be a busy station during the week - and if you don't like it you can go to another station as we don't want your busineess. As I have been told.
This sort of behaviour is approaching communism and/or Hitler measures. We are in a free country and to be demeaned by three young attendants in their early twentys with such an attitude - If you don't like it take your business elsewhere - is something I did not quite expect in this modern day and age. Much less by representatives of an international company such Esso /Exon Mobil.
Is this the customer care Esso gives out?. I am an Esso card member and an Exon Mobil shareholder and I am disappointed and truly ashamed to say so when I see such lack of common sense or concern for your customers. This non-sense that occurs at 408 Ontario St. - blocking pumps and tried to direct traffic even on weekends - should be stopped by you and the representatives serving the customers replaced with employees that understand customer service as they are the face of your company.

lack of customer care and complete disorganization
lack of customer care and complete disorganization

Essoprice changes at a certain gas station

My name is Ross Taylor and i live in Orangeville Ontario and my occupation is a Taxi Driver. My father worked for Texaco Ca and the Imperial Oil for 30 plus years, and has been retired for 20 plus years. He always tried to explain how weights & measures worked in the fuel industry which brings me to my reason for this email. For the last year ive been taking pictures with my cell at 11:59 pm and 12:01 am give or take a few minutes of the regular unleaded fuel price at the Esso station at 31 Broadway Blvd in Orangeville Ontario. For example on Saturday May 20 at 11;59 regular unleaded was $104.9 per litre and at 12.01 am two minutes later it was at $114.9 per litre. Having said that i am obviously aware of how industry prices fluxuate at certain times. This particular station does this 365 days a year, every day, its not always 10 cents per litre but its minimum 5 or more. Having asked the retailer im being told that its nothing to Esso and its Macs Milk i should be complaining too. If thats the case and that is legal then things have changed since my Dad retired, or he was wrong or i misunderstood him. If it is morally okay for this one gas station to do this and it is Macs Milk behind this price gouging Imperial Oil should be ashamed of itself because you have to search for the signage that reads Macs and Esso is plasteted all over that location. I am not an individual that complains frequently to vendors, i have approximately 295 pictures of how that location is driving its price up at midnight in the last 13 months because i only take the photos if im working, If you want these images let me know.

Essocustomer service

I was pulling into the esso gas station at 32375 huntington rd, in abbotsford, b. C. To fill up with gas.
      There was gravel all over the entrance to the gas station on the pavement.
      My front tire slid out and the bike went down.
      I stood my bike up and moved it up to one of the pumps.
      Two of my friends that were riding with me came up aswell.
      We were looking over my bike to check out the damage when the owner of the station came out and told me to move my bike as it was blocking room for customers.
      I responded that I am a customer wanting to get gas but just went down on my bike in there driveway.
      She did not care one bit and kept telling us to move.
      This was the worst customer service I have ever had.

Essoalberta edmonton

location: 11404 17 Ave SW, Edmonton, AB T6W 2S5
        Date: 2017 Apr 26th, around 630pm
        Incident: Today I walked my puppy and went to Esso to buy a bottle of milk. My puppy is really small and he is scared being left outside by himself. I went into the store and asked one cashier( one male, around 30-40, brown color skin) if I can keep him a little closer to the store gate so that I can watch him. with no reason, this guy verbally harassed me for keeping my dog away from the station. He also refused to take my order because I am holding a small puppy in my arm by behaving so rude. I waited outside the store for almost 3 mins. Another lady who walked out of the store offered to take care of my puppy. When I paid the money at the counter, he took my order so rudely and never say any word, not even a thank you or goodbye. I was never treated like this in my whole life. Hope the store manager can train your staff properly on how to do customer service. your business will go down by keeping a staff like this.

Esso — esso extra card / extra privileges card website

On April 17th I filled up $41 worth of gas at the Esso Gas Station located at 4530 Erin Mills Parkway in...

Mississauga

Esso — car wash code used by somebody else

On Jan. 27/2017 I purchased one luxury car wash at Esso station located at 8 Kingston Rd in Ajax, Ontario...

Ajax

Essocustomer service complaint

Esso station on Danforth Avenue and greenwood Ave, the cashier is rude to the customer, I just her to throw the receipt because I don't need it she reply to me " you pick it up and throw it outside trash can which is simple task .Then I just walk away and tonight I came back and lady who is rude the first time is behind the counter again and this time I told her that " you cannot do that to your customer be nice she said to f...K up " this not what I expect for customer service at Esso after that I just turn my back and walk away then another employee came running after me and follow to my car outside and he's asking g me what's going on, I just find out that's the lady's husband that want involved .

I suggest that train your employees to have customer service

Essogas delivery

I stopped at the Esso station at Via Domenico Tempio, 54, 95121 Catania CT, Italy to buy petrol to fill up a rental car on my way to catch a flight from Catania Airport yesterday, 17 April 2017, at approximately 1835.
            I pulled up next to Pump 4 which advertised unleaded petrol and diesel. I put 30 euros into the machine and selected Pump 4. I then found it was only a Diesel pump. I could not change the pump number or get a refund at the pump. There was no phone number to call and I could not get a receipt.
            Your Email Us feature online does not work for Italy. The phone number of the service station does not answer. I am not a happy customer.
            Please arrange for a refund of 30 Euros.

Regards, Peter Johnston

Essopricing

Car: Nissan Maxima
              Time1:22pm 2017/4/17
              Yesterday I tanked up my car in Esso 150 Dupont Street Station with $44 and some cents. But I got surprised when I returned home because the amount deducted from my credit card was $100. This amount is very large because the feul was exceeding half of the tank of the car before I refueled. No receipt printed.

pricing

EssoI am complaining about about a worker

I am complaining about a worker in the esso gas station Canada. I am ten year old kid and I went inside of the gas station to pay money and when he saw me he started laughing and he called me fat and when I insert the card he said hey did you now how to insert and then I swipe the points cards and he said you know how to swipe fattttttiiiii and I was so embarrassed and I was about to cry and the guy name was paran

Essoesso orillia #357

Wanted to buy a gold peak iced tea marked $2.39. came up at $2.50. switched it for a nestea also marked at $2.39. It came up at $2.69. clerk told me the signs were for other products. The signs named both products. Clerk shrugged and said he didn't own the store. This is illegal and false advertising. It's been like this since they opened and they are rude to everyone who goes into the store. I work a few stores over and it's common knowledge not to go there. This is not good for the community.

Essocustomer service and car wash

Cashier was very rude and did not offer me a car wash. I was under the impression with the sign outside that I would receive a free one if he didn't offer. When I mentioned it he was rude and proceeded to tell me that he was rushed and he would not give me a car wash and to leave. 8am April 2, 2017. Corner of Appleby and Harvester. When you post a sign out front of a store claiming to provide something that the cashier does not offer not comply with there is false advertising or a lack of customer service from the individual. I am very disappointed with the man and if he can't be kind and do his job in a proper manner he should not be employed as someone to deal with the general public.

Esso — def pump

I filled my 2014 ecodiesel Ram 1500 with the def at the pump, paid and left. After driving 20km or so truck...

Milton

Esso — unethical behaviour// poor customer service

To whom it may concern. I write this to with huge disappointment on type of customer service that was offered...

Markham

Esso — free car wash

I put gas at the esso at scarborough golf club rd. And kingston rd. When i pay at the cashier the guy didnt...

Essocar wash did not start and the gas station staff kept blaming me for that

The gas station at Mavis and Steeles in Brampton on March 13th, 2017. I punched in the code and drove into the car wash. The light said to back up so I backed up a little bit, put the car in park and waited for like half a minute and nothing happened. The light stilll said to back up so I backed up some more and waited and nothing changed. I moved forward a little and then backed up again and waited and nothing changed. The light still said to back up. I waited inside for about 3 minutes and nothing happened. It still said to back up even after I was out of the washing zone. I backed out and the car wash door closed, so I went into the gas station to talk to the staff saying this happened and before I could even explain the situation he immediately starts blaming me. His exact words were “you don't know how to use a car wash and that’s why I will not give you another code.” I couldn’t speak to the manager because the manager was not available and the sales rep I was talking to said he wasn’t sure when the manager would be back, just that the manager would be there sometime in the afternoon. I went back to the gas station around 2 pm and the manager was still not there. The wash that I did not get cost me $13. I would like a refund for that.

Essocar wash

I got my car washed at Esso car wash in 7010 Woodbine ave Markham ON on March 4th, 2017, but it was terrible experience. My car was dirty after the wash. signs of water and foam, plus dust on my car. I went to cashier and told him about my experience, but he didn't accept and denied my complaint. I am attaching the photographs after I got the car to car wash. I want Esso to respond to this matter as soon as possible. Totally disappointing, waste of money and my time

• Updated by memol · Mar 10, 2017

Essoesso points

This is regarding the Employee named NOUR at Esso gas station 1527 provincial road Windsor Ontario. She never asks for the points card and when you tell her that you did as for the Points card she will reply ok i will give you the points and the points do not show up. This is my third time it has happened and i told her that i will be complaining about her she said that is not a big deal nothing is going to happen. I hope someone takes action, i don't expect Esso taking action as usual because i have complained to them for other problems nothing happened but this is is not acceptable. I will never fill from Esso again and will opt for some other gas company.

Essocleanliness / product pricing

Washrooms were absolutely disgusting. Fecal matter on literally every surface (toilet seat, walls, sink, floor). Do not look like they've been cleaned in months.
                            Went to buy cigarettes; they asked me which vehicle was mine (pointed at my truck), spoke to each other in Chinese, then charged me $20 a pack! (Most I've ever paid for this brand is $15. EVER). They didn't scan them, or run it through the till as tobacco. They picked a price, entered it as misc, and called it good.
                            I find this to be an extremely poor representation of ESSO, and I can assure you I will never be stopping at this ESSO again.