Er Solutions, Inc. & Paypal Inc.fraudulent collections letter

Client account #: #
Ers account #: #
Principal: $279.29
Total balance: $279.29

"our client has advised us that they are willing to settle for 50% of the balance due. if you accept this offer, our client will cease further collections efforts on this account but will not consider the account paid in full or reinstate your account. your account may be reinstated only if you pay the entire amount of the outstanding debt..."
— jennifer peden, [protected], debt collector, www.erspay.com

Firstly, paypal is linked to my bank account so why would they ever need to force collections when they could just take the funds at any time? secondly, my account is fully functional and does not need to be reinstated. thirdly my paypal account is in pristine standing and has always been so. I went through a thorough credit history check back in october 2010 in order to get my security clearance with the navy. there were no entries regarding paypal listed at that time.in fact, there wasn't much of anything listed period! this letter from er solutions, inc. also includes three (3) different addresses shown above. it is complete garbage that this company is contacting me and attempting to collect on a "fake" debt in an effort to phish my paypal account.
I filed a complaint with the ftc.
Https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ftc_wizard.aspx?lang=en

• Ds
    dskinc Jan 21, 2014

My husband recieved one of these. Thanks for your in put, I knew it as bogus and you have posted helped me confirm that.