Envato / ThemeForest Logo

Envato / ThemeForest

Having problems with Envato / ThemeForest?

Envato / ThemeForest reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2013. The latest review Purchased theme with corrupted files was posted on Mar 29, 2021. The latest complaint no purchase appears was resolved on Mar 15, 2020. Envato / ThemeForest has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 40 reviews. Envato / ThemeForest has resolved 2 complaints.

Envato / ThemeForest Customer Service Contacts

121 King Street
Melbourne, Victoria
Australia - 3000
Postal Address:
PO Box 16122 Collins Street West, Victoria 8007 Australia

Envato / ThemeForest Complaints & Reviews

Envato / ThemeForestPurchased theme with corrupted files

Hello, can someone help me in getting a refund for a theme we've purchased and has the files corrupted? I already tried with the seller but he is literraly ignoring my requests and apparently themeforest platform says they cannot do anything about it.

- I purchase a theme from themeforest
- the them files are corrupted (the normal installation end ups with errors)
- the seller admits the files are corrupted
- everybody refuse to send a refund of any kind
- I cannot do anything about it

Thank you!

Envato / ThemeForestExpress WordPress Installation - CreaticaStudio

I am having a problem customizing the theme. After paying $ 50, I thought a developer could help me customize the theme.
    (But as it turns out, the developer helps you install for free.)

After paying Envato, CreaticaStudio took over the installation and customization work (in the email I asked them to customize the theme).
    But as it turns out, they can only install the demo version (which any beginner can install).

As a result, the theme does not work, many pages do not open, and most importantly, the search has not been configured yet.
    When asked to correct or return money, they write that the setting is not included in the conditions, you need to pay extra so that they can customize the theme.

All CreaticaStudio did was click on three buttons:
    1. Install theme
    2Install demo version,
    3. Install plugins
    that's all.
    (any grandmother can do all this)

Again, I myself have already installed all this in 10 minutes, but it was not possible to set up a search on the site.
    I want to get my money back and set it up myself with the help of the theme developer.

I want to warn everyone not to contact the $ 50 theme installer, but to the developers.

Envato / ThemeForestAccount Banned

After providing payment information to purchase two themes, I was swiftly banned. When asked about it I was contacted by two reps (Cinderella and Zepol) that I will not be unbanned nor will they tell me why I was blocked in the first place. Also, Cinderella thought I was Zepol as I used that "name" replying to Zepol when he told me he wouldn't tell me why I was banned. Ridiculous; was it because I was purchasing something on the behalf of my company? Too bad I'll never know why - an absolutely lackluster (and probably outsourced) CS makes my experience a 0/10.

Account Banned
      Account Banned

Envato / ThemeForestno purchase appears

I bought a journal theme in 2018, it does not appear in those downloaded from themeforest for $ 55. themeforest does not support.

RESOLVED

contacted by author helped

Envato / ThemeForestporto theme

Theme Forest sold a theme by porto theme with an activation code that was supposed unlock a script to activate the theme. If theme not activated with the code, a red banner asking for activation appears across the website designed using this theme. I purchase and full price for this theme and activated using the code but the banner still appears across the site randomly making it useless and wasting all 80+hour I spent to develop a site using this theme. I asked for a refund but Envato is doing anything with that. On top of that they warned me to not post a negative review for the theme and said this is against their terms. Seems like Envato is running a scam here with reviews and theme selling business. They protect the sellers but don't care about consumers.

Envato / ThemeForestwoocommerce point of sale (pos)

Request To Refund
            Hi,
            I Have many issues with this plugin such as purchase code not working and many issues in the core, I sent ticket but no one respond on it for 4 days until now..
            It is bad support I have ever seen please and I made comment in the plugin comments to solve this issues and they not respond too I bought this plugin and i need it to work correctly but they have bad clients support

Envato / ThemeForestenvato

I bought a plugin that doesn't work and…
              I bought a plugin that doesn't work and Envato refuse to refund me. The plugin author is not even answering my e-mails. I have politely reported countless of bugs (including detailed screenshots), this product is totally unusable but Envato is telling me to contact the author and ask for a refund (he's not answering) ... what a joke

This will be my last purchase on Envato Market. I thought the whole point of a marketplace like Envato is to be a middle-men to prevent scams but now you are telling me that only the author can refund me so I don't see the difference between Envato or buying from the author directly with the associated risks. But I bought a product that doesn't work but you're not helping me.
              I have already told you that I contacted the author multiple times to report the bugs but I never got a response and now you're telling me to contact the author again ... great service

I'm a developer and I built an app. It's very unstable and full of bugs. I will start selling it on Envato and if you get any complaints about the multiple bugs, just forward them to me so I can deny the refund request. Sounds good?

I feel like I got scammed

Envato / ThemeForestauto renewal

This company practice creepy business conduct. I ordered an one-month trial and it got renewed automatically for the second month, which is fine in general since I don't remember that I disabled auto-renewal when signing the trial. IAs soon as I received the email from PayPal that Envato has billed me for another month, I logged into Envato and disabled the auto-renewal feature. Envato announced on its website that they don't refund even you cancel on the first day but they will allow you to use its service for the month.

Ok. You have your policy. But I have the right to appeal that your policy doesn't make sense.

So I appeared to PayPal that Envato charged me without me knowing about the auto-renewal. PalPal asked me to provide evidence that I've cancelled the auto-renewal on the same day I got charged. Well, that's the creepy part coming in. When I wanted to log into Envato again to retrieve evidence that I've cancelled auo-renewal, it doesn't allow me to go into "my subscription" section so I cannot retrieve any evidence. And that's when I realized that I've never received email when I sign up and after I cancelled the subscription. Weird!

Envato / ThemeForestenvato.com

Awful company to do business with as a customer. If you raise dispute with via paypal, they will shut down your account removing access to potentially thousands of dollars with of products that you have legitimately purchased and should have full access to regardless of any other factors. Responding emails was like intentionally dragging time with no possible solution. A con artist scammer.

Aug 01, 2019

Shagufta — unable to download the theme

Hi, I just buy a new theme and trying to download it but there is a problem with downloading and shows the...

Jul 16, 2019

Envato / ThemeForest — artha interactive interior wordpress theme

This theme developer responded by email within 24 hours to my issue of his theme shortcode not working asking...

Envato / ThemeForestenvato marketplace

purchased 2 themes from these idiots, couldnt download them and then was locked out of my account.

Cusyomer service took 2 days to get back to me. At this point i no longer needed the products.

They told me that if i canceled the paypal disputes theyd refund the products. So i did that at which point the rep told me to speak with the authors. So they bait and switched me to get the paypal disputes canceled and put the responsibility on the authors shich makes no sense since it was a technical error from envatos end.

Very scummy company to lie to vusyomers this way, lock them out of their account and take 2 days bbefore reaching back.

After looking online i found many people had similar experiences with envato. STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS.

I now have 2 fraud claims open with visa againsy Envato.

• Af
                        aftd Aug 27, 2019

I was wondering if there is a platform to raise complaint on their behavior for locking out customer on this act.

Very below average handling and lousiest customer support.

Envato / ThemeForestlavoro theme

My client bought the Lavoro theme through Envato Market 4 weeks ago and the problems are endless.
                      The theme isn't complete, meaning it was never tested to see if it works right. I have spent weeks back and forth with their support sorting out issues.
                      They refuse to refund the client, so we need to make it work.
                      The persisting problem is the mobile version of this site isn't working, even though they sell it as mobile responsive!
                      I cannot find the problem and but Has Themes (the authors of this theme) says they see no problem even though I sent them screenshots.

How on earth can I ever buy themes or plugins through Envato Market again knowing that there might authors like these guys who sells broken or untested themes. This theme is so unfriendly that no mobile plugin i tried to get it to work is compatible!
                      Please I need someone to step in here!

Envato / ThemeForestkodetravel & tourism wordpress theme (kodeforest)

Dear Team,
                        I had purchased KodeTravel & Tourism Wordpress Theme(kodeforest) theme from Themeforest.

After creating tickets and creating open comments, no reply from their side. Their Customer Support is very poor.

1) The theme demo which they showing on their demo section is not exactly coming like that. I had raised a ticket 2 weeks back and not reply till now from their side.
                        2) Mobile version having issues, Menu button not coming properly.

Please assist what I have to do now?

Warm Regards

Jun 11, 2019

Envato / ThemeForest — purchasing a theme of mwtemplates

I have purchased a life coach theme from this site but I saw that it was for HTML, not wordpress later on. I...

Envato / ThemeForestaccount is locked out after purchase the theme.

Hi, I have a terrible problem. I bought a $ 61 theme on May 31.
                          Then I still can't login to my account. I send 3 Times ticket. The first answer is that your account is controlled by our team.
                          I got a new answer today;

( Regrettably, after further investigation, we're using our discretion and will not be re-enabling your account.

Please note the decission will not be revoked. )

I'm asking now when Will my $61 be refunded?

account is locked out after purchase the theme.
                          account is locked out after purchase the theme.

Envato / ThemeForestpurchased template, wordpress upload failed, claimed not wordpress theme, refused refund request, locked account

I made a purchase on the 19th, unfortunately before reading all these reviews. I had researched for a WordPress theme for hours, finally making the decision to make a purchase after reading many articles, and coming across the same "theme" mentioned (SociFly).

Naturally, I downloaded it right after purchasing, because let's face it that's the only way to upload it. However, WordPress kept saying it was a failed upload due to missing style.css stylesheet.

I contacted support, who responded that "it sounds like your mistake, it is only a template and is impossible to use on WordPress".

I explained I had been researching for hours and it was my understanding it worked with WordPress, otherwise I had no use for it. At this point I asked for "a refund or store credit" and asked if they could direct me to a similar theme that was compatiabl.

The response I got from Themelooks stated they did not have any other community / social network based themes and I would need to contact Evanto Market about a refund. So, I asked how to do that because I thought I had contacted Evanto Support...

They gave me a link, I send the request & the next morning I had a "denied refund" email and a message, not from Evanto, but once again Themelooks - the one's that said I had to issue the request via Evanto. Therefore, they already knew it was up to them and wasted more of my time.

After that email, I responded stating I disagreed with the decision - then disputed the charge through PayPal. Not only was I not able to use it, I later found out it was not all there as advertised, several people in the comments section (way down) stated it did not have a login page design and it claimed to be a fully ready template.

Immediatly upon filing this claim, I received an email from Evanto stating that they locked my account due to a PayPal claim being opened. Guess what? 3 days later, no response from Evanto on the open claim, account still locked, and that means I cannot get into my account to further respond to the open claim on Evanto...Additionally, if I am stuck with this useless download the 6 months of support on the purchase is impossible to use with a locked account.

Their English was very poor when responding, so I have to agree with several other bad reviews. I am starting to think the website may be registered in the U.S., but operated somewhere else and possibly selling pirated downloads. Too many people claiming incomplete themes to be professional.

Envato / ThemeForestthe7

The7 is a them that they are promoting and has the best price of the bunch. Problem is it does not work and they refuse refunds. I spent 3 hours trying to get this theme to work properly and will not spend a week working with there webservices. These companies need to understand that I/we have working sites that ar5e getting upgrades. If your products don't work correctly why are you selling them to just fix them one at a time. Stupid. Buyer Beware!

I added a picture of this companies refund policy which is nowhere on the sales page. You can see that they do not issues refunds for any reason!

the7

Envato / ThemeForestrefund policy

Dear Sir/Madam,
                                I have a complaint about themeforest staff. They could not solve a problem which problem was 10$. Nobody spends so much time for 10$. However I want to get it back cause I do not believe them. They have not solved my problem. They sent a document and show refund card number last 4 digits. But card holder name space and that was not my card or bank account. Especially I sent my card information however they did not send the money to may account. As a result I was robbed. I feel like that. Please solve the problem and send my money to right account. If you do not have my account information you can request it.

Envato / ThemeForesttemplate

Hi, i bought a theme on themeforest and i am trying to get small support from the author and the only reply i have is: yes we will answer you by mail. I made many many reply withous answer and now i am in big trouble with this website. I need your help to make sure they respect their support engagement for this theme. My user name is sumo334 Uhe author is called Dasinfomedia and/or mojoomla. The template i buy is jautoclub and the small problems are ;

When making a searc alle the first image of cars shows a small (Video icon and word) i need to remove this option

When try to translate some extra fields like techmeter to display Kilometrage (in french) All the KM disapears on modules (latest, etc...) beside the small techmeter icon same things for other extrafields wich i need to translate and make sure they will appears on modules.

template