[Resolved] Enterprise Car Rental — fraud and cheating
Received a rental car from the West Islip Enterprise on Monday, Feb.8, 2009, after waiting 45 minutes. Quickly looked over car and man from rental place drove the car to my home and I drove him back. Parked car on my driveway and when I came out a little later I noticed there was a dent (8-9 inches) on passengers lower door which I missed this morning.
So I immediately drove the car back to show the man in the rental place and have him make a note of the dent I had missed on the car this morning. All of this only put 4 miles on the car.
When I went to return the car On Tuesday morning, the man came out of the rental place and checked the gas and went back in and drove me home. A few hours later I get a call from my insurance company to say that Enterprise called them and told them I was in a car accident with their car.
I was shocked!
When I called Enterprise to asked what was going on, I found out they had besides calling my insurance, had also send the car to an auto body shop, and they said I was responsible for it.
This all happened within a few hours, they are definitely pulling some kind of a Scam and I don't know what to do. They also said they didn't know what the damage on the car was it could even be totaled out.
Oh my goodness, what are they doing any help would be greatly appreciated.
Everyone beware of Enterprise Rental company in West Islip, something illegal is definitely going on there.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Enterprise Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time
- Damage Recovery Unit For Enterprise Rental Car - Billing for damage that is not responsibility
- Enterprise Rent A Car - false damage claim
- Enterprise Car Rental - damage claim
- Enterprise Car Rental - odor in car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - fraudulent damage claim
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - rental/discrimination
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - outrageous billing, false damage claims