Empire Todayrip off alert

I too was impressed with the advertisements for Empire carpet and flooring. I finally decided to give it a try and called them for the free in home estimate. I have to say that the sales man was prompt and courteous. He did measure all my rooms and spend a good amount of time showing me samples of carpet in his mid range. I personally didn't think the carpet felt all that great compared to the carpet I already have, but he assured me that would be different after it was down with the padding. I liked their financing package and agreed to the sale. I specifically asked him how their prices compared to Home Depot and other companies. He told me that they were the same except that Home depot would charge me to move all my furniture and extras for steps moldings etc...

Well, after reading the reviews online I decided to cancel the order and think things over a bit more. I called Smart Carpet and Flooring for another in home estimate. I spent over 3 hours with the salesmen and in the end I was able to not only save over $1000, but included in that price was my Master bedroom which I had to exclude previously due to cost. I am going to receive a carpet with a longer warranty as well.

I guess the moral is. Do your research, haggle a lot, and speak Spanish. Oh yeah, two days after canceling the job I received a call at 7 am from a Spanish speaking installer telling me he was going to be there in 40 minutes. I told him not to come and that I cancelled. He said ok so I hung up. Then he called again and I told him the same. When I hung up I called cust. service. She told me that my cancellation had not been completed. Then she told me that they would take 800 off the price if I still would consider using them. Too late honey! So that’s the long and the short of it.

• 66
    .6676 Jun 04, 2009

empire sucks dick

• Pe
    peewee Jun 11, 2009

I bought Laminate flooring for my small kitchen and it cost me $1500.00 and now I know i could have gotten it for $900.00 and I have had this floor for9 months and I still can't keep it clean, and when I do clean it(every day)it stills looks bad.Don't ever buy from them.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices