[Resolved] Empire Carpet Todayterrible company to deal with

M

Called Empire this morning to request a free in-home estimate. Salesperson just showed up at my door and wanted to know what kind of carpet we wanted in our house. I told him that I'd like to see his samples, and that we were getting quotes from other companies as well. He wouldn't show me the samples, and instead demanded to see the other quotes, which I explained that I couldn't give to him because we didn't have them yet (we just had a Lowe's rep here this morning measuring, and they give you a quote within 48 hours). The Empire rep pressed me for the quotes and and I repeated that I didn't have them. He then said whatever price we had he'd beat it by $150. I again repeated that I don't have a dollar figure from anyone else yet. Then he said "So you're not willing to make a decision today", and I replied "No, I'm not, we're getting quotes from several companies". He picked up and WALKED OUT without measuring a thing. Obviously their sales pitch is high pressure to the customer-and the guy was a total #[email protected]!.

• Resolution Statement

• Company Response's Response · Jul 16, 2009

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at [protected]@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,