The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Empire Carpet — misleading advertising!
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
On 9/13/07, a Empire sale rep visited my newly purchased home in an effort to offer a free estimate in the hopes of possibly making a purchase. The rep, upon entering the home presented body language as if he knew he would not make a sale that day. And, why waste my time. I do believe he came to this conclusion based on the neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY. ALSO, i FIRST TOLD HIM I WAS A RENTER. We began discussing what my needs were. He immediately told me, "we only have one type of wood-and it is the highest price", he went on further to say"laminate or carpet may be better as it is the least expensive". I questioned how much would the hard wood floor... cost. He then took i guess what was a measurement that arrived at 80sq. ft., and quoted a price at over $2500. He then went on to say well the traffic, and who would be walking on a daily basis-along with looking and judging my weight(180)might not be such a good purchase. At no time did he offer the pay later deal as advertised. I was told that my credit would be checked at the time of estimate-he did nothing. I believe he assumed my credit would not go through, although it is 725. BASICALLY IN A NUT SHELL THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WITH MY EXPERIENCE. SO PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THESE PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE IN CERTAIN NEIGHBORHOODS. THEY WILL NOW OFFER THEIR FULL PROFESSIONALISM. THEY WILL JUDGE YOU BASED ON RACE AND LOCATION. THIS IS TRULY WHAT I FEEL HAPPENED IN THIS CASE. HE OFFERED HIS APOLOGIES, BUT FOR WHAT. HE COULD HAVE MADE A CASH SALE WITH THE CORRECT MEASUREMENTS...
More Empire Carpet Complaints & Reviews
- Empire Carpet - fraudulent quote!
- Empire Today - steer clear of empire today!
- Empire Today Carpet - complete dissatisfaction and unprofessional service
- Empire Today - price deception!
- Empire Today - cost of quote
- Empire Today - breech of contract
- Empire Today - bad carpet - hey said they would replace-avoiding my calls again
- Empire Today - Carpet installation
- Empire Today - cancellation
- Empire Today - installation issues and unethical behavior