Emirates Dubai Airportloss of cellphone

D

I travelled from SYDNEY to EBB with Emirates Airlines on 10th May 2008. I had a 24-hour stopover visa for shopping in Dubai. My journey with emirates airlines is still in mind. The kind people and the services are not comparable. I even became an emirates emergency doctor on DXBSYD flight. I really will not fly with any other again.

BUT on my way back on 12th May (Monday) after checking in at the departure terminal and after immigration, some security personnel at the last check point towards escalators down to the main terminal disorganized me and i forgot my cellphone in the container through the scan. I reported the matter at the last gate before boarding to EBB, but was promised that they would find my phone and send it to me. I contacted emirates officer at EBB Airport, and has sent several mails to the headquarter but in vain. Please can you check for my phone and send it. I know by now the power is down. Below are the details

Name: BAKEHENA FRANCIS XAVIER DR.

Flight: EK723W DXBEBB HK1

Date: 12 MAY 2008

Time: MORNING (Flight time 0825)

Visa Type: UAE Stop Over (24hrs) Visa

Phone type: NOKIA 6300 (New)

Sim Card: MTN (Uganda)

Number: +[protected]

Location: Emirates Departure Terminal, last security
check point after immigration, before
escalators to the main terminal.

Contact No. +[protected] LoLo (Uganda)

[protected] Mawanda (Dubai)

Current No. +[protected] (Mine)

Will be grateful if i recover my cellphone and most especially my local simcard with all its contacts.

Thanks.

joniely May 01, 2013

so many thieves in Dubai Airport. My husband lost gold coin from his purse after scanning. It is open already but he is on a hurry so he did not check if he lost something.When he landed he try searching for the gold coins but its all gone.

• Mu
    muhumuza evarist Jun 23, 2010

Forget only if you must because other than forgeting your valuable items, there're those illicit shame-faced thieves whose prayers focus on any property incuding those under strict supervision.To crown it all, Mr Hassan Nasereddin's bag fell in the hands of the innocent while poor Dr.Bakehena's phone landed unsafely.More often than not, lost items, despite announcements, remain sorrow-cupfuls.My appeal however is that professional characters should desist from such acts of taking that which belongs to a client to maintain the image of their companies.
    Evarist Muhumuza [email protected]

• Ha
    hassan9 Feb 22, 2009

I have completely different experience than Mr. BAKEHENA FRANCIS XAVIER DR, as I was travelling from Dubai to Kuwait on Wednesday, 7th, January, 2009, taking flight number EK859, when I reached the boarding gate at the new Terminal 3, I discovered that I left a duty free bag with one bottle of Perfume in the new Business Lounge upstairs, which I bought from Dubai Duty Free when I reached the Airport, there was no enough time to return back to the lounge to get my bag (distance is a bit far), so I informed the Emirates sataff on the boarding gate, within 10 minutes, I noticed one Airport security staff running towards the gate with my forgotton bag,

Hassan Nasereddin