El Cid timeshare MazatlanCancelled contract

After investing a lot of money in a time share. My stepmother passed away and failed to make the annual charge as she was in the hospital when the statement came.
They never sent any additional late notices, they just cancelled the contract with El Cid stating that we defaulted on the contract.
Now, they are saying that all the money invested in purchasing the tim share is just lost

Mark68 Jan 24, 2013

Dear Carol,

My name is Liz, and our Company, CPC Worldwide, is specialized in helping people that have been a victim of fraud.
    It's our job to solve problems abroad and I think that there's a lot of people on here that we can help. Our company was formed out of being disgusted at the way some people have been treated in the past and how so many people feel lost in a minefield.
    We have other clients that have been defrauded by the El Cid resort If you want to get your money back, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    I have realised I am not allowed to leave any email addresses or phone numbers, but you can easily find our UK company website.
    I hope to hear from you soon.
    Liz

• Br
    Brittany Smith Nov 29, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back