EDDIncompetence

A

The california EDD system is flawed and is literally NON FUNCTIONAL. I have not received SEVEN WEEKS of unemployment benefits now, and they have sent me no reason, no notification, no information. When I try to call the 1800 number I am given by the website for payment problems, no one EVER answers.
My life is being disrupted, because of this I cannot pay for school, my phone bill, . or to get my bank account out of debt. The EDD should not be allowed to treat people like this, to ruin their lives and not give any justification or help, just a non functioning 800 number that takes you on a loop of automated menus before hanging up on you for "not being able to accept your call at this time".

• Fr
    FrustratedInCA Aug 22, 2012

I have had numerous issues with CA EDD. Getting through by phone is difficult, to put it mildly. Calling 200 times is common. When you get someone on the phone they cannot always answer your questions. I could go on and on but what matters is that the system is broken and no one seems to be working on fixing it. This would be unacceptable in private industry.

• Op
    opus612 Sep 24, 2013

I agree the system is broken. Many employees are completely incompetent and have only a minute understanding of the provisions they are attempting to enforce. If you are able to speak with someone, they are generally cold, apathetic and often will try to intimidate you.
    I currently am waiting on (5) five weeks of back payments. I did not receive any notice regarding computer problems affecting benefit payments; I happened to catch a small segment on local TV news. The only information I have seen is that they are working on the problem. This new system should have been totally VETTED and operational before implementation...it appears that EDD has NO BACK-UP PLAN! From past experience with EDD, if a recipient fails in any fashion, the punishment can be harsh. EDD management has failed us and should be held TOTALLY accountable and some heads should roll. I don't normally respond in such a negative tone but I am frustrated and BROKE. It is time for MR. BROWN and staff to step in.

• Ed
    eddstupid Feb 03, 2014

I am also a victim of EDD poor performance. How can we escalate our complaint to California governor ?

• Ed
    eddstupid Feb 03, 2014

I am also a victim of EDD in California. How can we escalate our complaints to the Governor?

• Dh
    DH california Feb 03, 2014

Same issues here. Just got paid for 4 weeks after I had been back to full duty for almost 4 weeks. The fastest way to get help is to email them with the subject of "Where is my money" Unfortunately in my case, part of it was the Drs. office but almost another 3 weeks was all EDD.

• Qu
    Queeny7x7 Sep 14, 2015

I am waiting for over 10 weeks (for a potential 26 weeks of UI benefits). I filed a claim for June 8 '15 and today it is Sept 14 '15. Every issue covered in the prior posted complaints are Real. IF MOST PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH EDD's PROCESSES THEN THEIR SYSTEM IS BROKEN. Calling EDD is a #JOKE!!! Their phone number to SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE is ONLY available from 8am-12pm (4hrs) Mon-Fri. I tried to place my call at 7:59am and getting through all the phone prompts I was finally told THERE ARE TOO MANY CALLS AHEAD OF YOURS PLEASE CALL BACK...DISCONNECTED! I remembered my prompt codes 1, 6, 7, 3...so I was able to rapidly call back after being continually disconnected because Too Many Call Were Ahead Of Me. By approximately 8:20am I was finally connected to an EDD rep who identified herself as SPARKLE (from Elk Grove). I had to ask her 3 times what was her name. She was VERY RUDE, COLD, UNWILLING TO LISTEN, & UNABLE TO HELP ME. I had to plead that she give my case to a manager, which she said she would before she disconnected the call. There is no resolve for HELP. I can't call back, it is very frustrating to not be able to access a governmental agency. They have shielded themselves in their incompetence and made their system impossible. WHAT DO I DO NOW??? 10 WEEKS NOTHING MAILED, NOTHING DENIED TO APPEAL, NO WAY TO PENETRATE THE SYSTEM FOR ANSWERS TO A SERVICE PAID FOR BY EMPLOYERS TAXES AND FEDERALLY MANDATED TO PROCESS CLAIMS TIMELY.
    EDD IS A STATE GOVERNMENT AGENCY AT ITS WORSE!!! More people should complain...remember IT's THE SQEEKING WHEEL WHICH GETS THE ATTENTION

• Br
    Bruce Schuler Oct 13, 2015

Did'nt receive a UI check for this pay period was told not registered with CalJobs.That is incorrect I am registered with CalJobs Resume was filed and confirmation received on 09/26/2015 @1121pm.Resume ID #[protected], Date submitted 09/24/[email protected] ONET(Registered Nurse)

• Yo
    YoliHATESCAEDD Dec 03, 2015

The California EDD Dept. is completely dysfunctional!
    Not only that, one CANNOT reach them by phone to resolve a problem!
    Problem 1: I could not get into the web site even though I had my username and password written down. I finally did get through to someone in that dept. and they helped me re-establish my password. I noted to them that my security question was what was my first car and although there was NO ambiguity on the answer to this question, I answered correctly and it would still not let me in, saying my answer was incorrect even though it was not.
    Anyway so she helped me get in and set a new password which I carefully wrote down. Note here that I work online and am very familiar with online processes and procedures so I know what I'm doing and did NOT mistakenly write down the new password.
    Anyway I can no longer get into the web site again even with the new correct password and it asks the SAME security question which I previously confirmed was correct, and I am still being told my answer to my own security question is incorrect! So I still cannot get in.

Problem 2: I have called 4 times to the number given online to resolve my issue. (not my issue getting into the site but the issue I need to talk with them about regarding my claim!)
    First of all it is UNACCEPTABLE that they are only open from 8am to noon every day!
    RIDICULOUS for the STATE OF CALIFORNIA with an economy bigger than most foreign countries cannot operate the UI office more than 4 hours a day. It is more than obvious based on the fact one cannot reach them, that being open only 4 hours a day is NOT ENOUGH!

Anyway so I have called numerous times and each time I am either put on hold for an hour and then disconnected, OR I am told, after 5 minutes of phone menu hell, answering all their questions, listening to dozens of options, that I need to hang up and try again another time.

This is INFURIATING and I cannot express clearly or strongly enough how much I DESPISE THE CA EDD DEPT! IT is SHAMEFUL how horribly they are run with OUR TAX DOLLARS and OUR UNEMPLOYMENT MONIES that I as a hard working person paid into for many years! Now when I need them, finally, they are totally unavailble to help me get my money and resolve my issue!

• Ka
    karlin korky Jul 18, 2019

they must know that they are public workers and if they have a pay check is because we all work hard and make they salary. They think that they are superior because they work for the government, but they don`t know that the government is for the people by the people, and for to people. They don`t owe it, they work for us...

• St
    stevennnnnnnnnn May 11, 2020

I had a overpayment claim that I didn't owe since my former employer paid back them in 1998 due to their mistake that even a Federal court decided also I wasn't at fault even making a federal order, even so edd took me to one of those hearings even after and the EDD judge Kathy Gilmore from san diego said on tapes that she was queen and didn't even give a damn what the feds said or my former employer, then she started to further berate me for exercising my due process rights She became enraged and i said i cant accept her bad behavior and left, Immediatly when i got home i called her boss in sacramento and he was even upset, and requested the tapes of the hearing said she can be removed and sent me also a confirmation letter, 2 weeks later i went to the hearing i was informed that Both tapes both the backup tapes were MISSING and she the judge was the one that last signed out the file with the tapes, i couldnt believe how CORRUPT SHE WAS since how the F it was otherwise, i told this also to her and she not only violated the laws by stealing them to cover her rear end she was ILLEGALLY hearing cases since she WASNT A MEMBER of GOOD STANTNDING IN THE state bar of california since she wasnt a member of it or any state which is the law for appeals admin judges to hear cases legally, then edd submitted FALSE liens to the IRS since the superior court of sacramento's Head executive judges sent me a legal decision confirmation the edd had No legal grounds to take our tax refunds since there was NEVER a adjudication and later when I complained to Patrick henning jr the head person he ignored our complaints and a subordinate named Kimberly hill told a customer service rep named christin Garcia to refuse MY LEGAL request for a comprehensive audit since it would show that they not only lied to the IRS on my case but MANY OTHERS and then a issac Richardson of elk grove started to harass me day and night for reporting his corrupt and abusive conduct to a state reps helper to me called her names and he called me day and night after I sued him personally for the conduct since as a state employee that is the only way since his conduct was also illegal and helped continue the fraud against me and others he even got one of my daughters phone number and called her, beware he has a son working there also, contact me if you like

Jacqueline Ann Aug 18, 2020

I am now 16 weeks of no payment. I am self employed and qualify as a senior citizen, but have to work, but obviously cant due to Covid 19. I have called too many times to count and have sent numerous emails. Got kind of placated for a week or two by a person who was not a claims rep. but a person from the employment division who was empathetic and requested a claim review for me and still nothing. The level of ineptitude and lack of consideration by this department is unconscionable. The UI site is laughable as there is no interaction with claims or case reps. Hire more staff to deal with the inquiries and more phone personnel.