FILE A COMPLAINT

Ebayscam

i hv registerd with ebay and publishes a auction sell for a laptop.
many had bidded and a one has won the laptop.
as usual i sent the winner the invoice as the ebay asked me to do so.
after fewdays ebay send me a msg.
this buyer is not registered with them and they have cancelled my selling item from the site.
1. HOW HE BIDDED IF HE IS NOT EBAY REGISTERED??
2.NOW EBAY ASK ME TO PAY ABOUT 9% OF THE SALE VALUE WHICH NO ONE BOUGHT.
3. THEY HAVE BLOCK ME FROM SELLING TILL I PAY THEM THEIR MISTAKE; ALLOWING NOT REGISTERD MEMERS TO BID MY ITEM.
4. PAYPAL IS A EBAY COMPANY AND NOW THEY TRY TO WITHDRAW MONEY FROM MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT UT I HAVENT SOLD ANYTHING.
I WAS THEIR MISTAKE.
THEY MUST PAY ME FOR CHEATING ME LIKE THIS.

COTACT ME : [protected]@gmail.com

• Sh
    Shaun Aug 03, 2009

I purchased 3 gemstones from one ebay seller gemvillage. This was a fraudulent sale first because the seller doctored the picture of a yellow stone, coloring it green and calling it Demantoid (a rare (green) gem inducing a higher price/bid) and second because ebay requires that a seller state where the item is located and shipped from and the ebay bidding screen on all three gems said Thailand. Thailand has a well known gem trade, where many trained gemologists work from. Again, inducing trust and a higher price/bid this seller said the item location was Thailand and charged me $8.00 for shipping from there. The package came from California with a postage stamp of $1.98. Upon reporting this to ebay, of course like everyone else receives, the response was a canned form e-mail. PayPal's (PayPal is owned by ebay)response to my claim was that they would collect the refund of the gems to me, the cost of shipping to me would not be included and that I would have to return the gems by mail with tracking, (take a loss in the cost of shipping to me) and further that I must pay to ship these items back to THAILAND (not California where they really came from) a total loss to me of $23.00. Paypal's representative and then a requested supervisor stated to me that they don't or can't request the shipping be returned to me which is a lie because they have done this before when I have received fake gemstones. I also called and spoke with customer service at e-bay and went through the live chat trying to speak with someone from security. I left messages with customer service for security and voicemail requesting someone from security call me back. I have not received response, however, customer service did tell me it is not within their power to do anything about this or tell me what the punishment would be to the seller if any took place. The seller is still online selling so I would say it is not much of a punishment that would ever sway a seller from continuing to defraud buyers. Ebay's and PayPal's lack of concern, refusal to call me back, refusal to make the fraudulent seller take the loss rather than me, the buyer, continuing to let the seller sell items make it clear that their main concern is making money from these sales and they are willing to overlook the fraud which continuously grows on ebay. This should be considered fraud in itself. Not once did anyone ask to see the envelope or gems or accept my offer to scan and forward pictures of the envelope and gems to them. I have limited ability to test these gems. I can test the stones with a refractometer which shows the so called Demantoid not to be Demantoid at all and I can test the two so called Paraiba Tourmalines with the refractometer which shows them both to be tourmaline, however, Paraiba Tourmaline is different and requires a highly technical machine to see if the stones contain cooper and/or manganese which is what makes them paraiba. Paraiba tourmaline glows in neon colors. One of these stones appears to be Paraiba tourmaline, the other stone does not appear to be Paraiba tourmaline at all. So many buyers buy gems, trusting at the word of these ebay sellers and have no way of testing the stones. How many people are these fraudulent sellers and ebay ripping off unbeknownst to buyers. Of course ebay and paypal should be holding sellers to the highest of honesty and integrity and if they are not honest, they should not be allowed to continue to sell. The total sell was not that much this time, $178.00 plus the shipping of $15.00 to ship to Thailand but this is not the first time this has happened in my gem collecting. This is just the last time I will allow ebay to get away with it. To flagrant.(sp) especially now that they own PayPal. The only thing I can do about this is cancel my account with e-bay which I have done and report them to consumer affairs which I have done in hopes that something can be done to stop the losses to ebay and paypal customers. I hate unethical crooks the continually get richer and richer at the expense of others. There has to be a better way to handle them, and put a stop to it than just to complain like this.

Does anyone who has an account with ebay remember getting an email from ebay regarding the huge lawsuit against them in France. They said they were just writing to assure us that they take fraud quite seriously and spend billions of dollars protecting us. Can one person here attest to actually having a live conversation with ebay security or getting satisfaction from the fraud department. I fully expect ebay to send one of their cronies out here to make something up, so the rest of you who feel totally violated, please leave your response as well.

• Fr
    Frodo Oct 16, 2009

I have finally, after many attempts managed to sell an item on ebay. I have encounters too many hackers, phishers and dodgy emails from Nigeria, Poland and the US. Then there are the ones who bid and dont pay. Wouldn't it be nice if ebay could flush out these rogues so we could buy and sell without worry.

• wegolookfan Jan 22, 2010

There is some great news regarding auction item fraud- a nationwide company with over 1, 500 agents launches February First. They will go, in person, to verify an auction item for you to make sure it is legitimate and they will even take the item to UPS or Fed Ex to ship it to you! The company is called Wegolook.com and here is a general description of them:

WeGoLook is an online service that provides visual confirmation and a personalized report, completed by a real person, to verify a prodcut, person, place or thing. WeGoLook customers will be better informed, avoid costly surprises, plus benefit from unbiased confirmation without having to travel.

It might be helpful to you and others to utilize their services before getting scammed- especially high-end auction items.

• Go
    gordon roy lucas Jul 21, 2010

I sent by moneygram from a classified £3600 through an ebay ad for a car, all there logos came up right throughout the deal to the end bypassing there usual warning signs, I retain all the info they gave me but there is little I can do? any idea's. gordon.

• Go
    gordon roy lucas Jul 22, 2010

Is there a lawyer out there who would work for us on a no win no fee basis..regarding ebay scams, my particular loss has been £3600..so come on who can take on EBAY? gordon.

• Ge
    gemguy Apr 04, 2011

There are endless gem scammers on eBay, most of them listed as residing in Thailand. Hell, it isn't called "Thai gem scam" for nothing.
    I am a certified gemmologist living in Sri Lanka - and going through endless stones every day, I'm not easily fooled. But many unsuspecting people are, daily.
    On the other hand, if it looks too good to be true - it very probably is. It's one thing when a trusted friends sells you a stone at his cost price because he wants to help you out (and you help him in return), quite another when an overly-euphoric scammer offers you an "EXQUISITE GENUINE 3.6 CARAT KASHMIR SAPPHIRE!!!" for a ridiculously low amount online.
    Know the subject, don't get greedy, and you'll be well protected.

• Th
    th!sman Aug 18, 2012

call ebay c.s.r and explain that to them. also go in your ebay sold area, under more actions look for cancel sale. that's the only way you can get refunded.

• Wh
    White American Apr 01, 2017

Thesepeople are fruadulant by nature they lie even if it isnt nescisary like giant zircon that is cz at a price that is good for cz if you had a real zircon that big clean you could by there country and throw them out these same people sell real stone to but lie about color use tricks to make color less look good like i said these forigners are dishonest by nature they could sell stone honestly for same money but they chose to be crooks Ebay is loaded with forigner fruads