eBaybuyer protection abuse

I listed an Apple iPhone 4 on ebay, item sold as a typical auction style sale. After the winning bidder won, payment was made. Buyer then was very aggressive about shipping and handling procedure. Buyer insisted that I use USPS with delivery confirmation. So I followed all the steps given from ebay and then after I was rerouted to USPS for postage and payment. After approximately 10 days I was contacted by the buyer and he insisted that I didn’t send the item and then opened an ebay buyer protection case against me. I gave all the information that was provided to me by ebay and USPS. After much frustration and long hours of research, I found several others that this buyer has done the exact same SCAM to. We all have contacted ebay in hope to stop this unethical SCAMMING practices but ebay sides with this buyer every time because he found a loophole in eBay’s system. Ebay refuses to take responsibility for their mistake and allows foreign individuals in other countries to abuse the ebay buyer protection program. So, they receive the item, claim they didn’t get it and then get issued a refund. Ebay then takes the funds back from seller and if they cant recover, collections, harassing phone calls and of course, account suspension. To add insult to injury, this SCAMMER only had his account open for less than 3 months and had already SCAMMED 4 honest sellers. Ebay allows it to happen and returns the funds to them every time. Even after ALL the complaints!

• Ar
    arthistory007 Apr 26, 2012

It's not just the sellers who have problems with the protection plan.

I recently purchased an item that turned out to be defective. The resolution center found in favor of the seller; I was not given a refund and I was not able to appeal the center's decision. Why? Because I left positive feedback about the item. Even though at first glance the item seemed fine, I had not used it yet. Discovering the actual condition and defect of the item did not matter. Once I said that the condition was okay in my feedback, I lost all protection from this unscrupulous seller.

So it's not just the sellers who are getting screwed by the protection plan; it's the buyers as well.