EasyHomeharrassing calls/calling references

E

Lease a TV through them. They call non stop if the payment is late, even if the payment is not late they still call to "remind" me to make payment a few days in advance. Staff are very rude and now they are not only harrassing myself but now are calling references telling them the situation when it is has nothing to do with them. I have tried to make payment arrangements but they have not accepted them. They threaten to come and pick up the TV. They are lying to the references, making it seem as if we are the bad guys. Not a fun time, especially around the holidays. I wish I never dealt with this company in the first place.

SandraR123 Aug 13, 2018

I can't get over the amount of comments of people pissed off with Easyhome for being hard [censored] when YOU are the one NOT paying the agreed amount on time. This is a business. They need to be paid just like everyone else. I do not work for them but I have purchased in the past with them. The items cost me more than from a regular store, but back when my credit wasn't as good, it worked for me to pay small amounts weekly and enjoy the products right away, in trust that I would pay. That's how it works. If you won't pay on time, then of course they will hound you with calls and want their products back!

• Tr
    Trish Campbell Sep 15, 2017

I have a real complaint towards this company...Right now my situation is I got evicted from my apartment at the end of august and had to use my cheque towards moving out and finding a new place... i was expecting a sizable cheque back from the property management company but now i'm not... i told easyhome this and they've just been absolutely rude... it's like they don't give a good god damn... its not like i'm ripping them off... I'm leasing a laptop which i need for everyday use to look for a place ... but they've been calling me nonstop for a week now wanting me to return it... .. I get paid at the end of the month...I'm ever regretting getting involved with this company...

bakerlgg51989_75 Sep 26, 2017

@Trish Campbell Just wait theyll be at your door every day banging on it or theyll pay someone to stalk you and watch your every move so they know when ur home and when ur not at least that's what the easyhome where im from does hell theyve been stalking my 8 yr old now and somehow found out his name and age when they werent told any of that info

• Jt
    JThomp Dec 29, 2015

I have delt with some rude nasty companies before but this by far is the worst company I have delt with. Doesn't matter what you state to them they argue with you. And the 2 men if that's what I should call them that came to my door, well lets just say they were the 2 rudest individuals ive met. I HATE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE HORRIBLE. Also Tabetha from store 505 had called one of my refrences and tried discussing my finances with them WHICH IS ILLEGAL on their half all they can do is ask to have a message delivered to me and she screamed at my 65 year old mother in law. She is pathetic and needs a customer service update

• Ti
    Tiredofeasyhome Jul 28, 2015

Just damm annoying.

Mandahh May 02, 2015

What happens if you don't return the item(s)?

Marcella L. Jul 27, 2017

@Mandahh They will sue.

• To
    totallyticked999 Nov 25, 2013

I rented a t.v. and kitchen table from Charlottetown p.e.i. and it has been a nightmare trying to get anything fixed I have been waiting since September 2012!!! for a seat for 1 of my chairs the problem is not with any of the employees who are courteous and treat the customers with respect no the problem is directly with the manager Amanda who is and should NEVER EVER be in charge of anything or anyone nor should she ever be in any form of customer service., for the reason AND ONLY REASON I HAVE RETURNED EVERYTHING ONLY BECAUSE I GOT TIRED OF HER VERY NEGATIVE CONDESCENDING ATTITUDE I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH A COMPANY THAT KEEPS SUCH AN ILL EQUIPPED WOMAN AS MANAGER SUSIE IS CLEARLY THE BETTER CHOICE AND IF SHE WAS AT THE HELM I KNOW SHE WOULD RESOLVE THIS ISSUE IN A TIMELY MANNER.i have also posted a complaint with b.b.s. and a lengthly letter documenting all of the calls, broken promises this manager has made as well as head office of easy home.I would have contacted the regional manager but the manager of this location REFUSED TO give me the number but hey if I was that inefficient at my job I wouldn't give out my bosses number either.

• Ho
    Holl Feb 02, 2012

Really...if you make your payments on time, there would be no reason to call you.

As far as the markups, the company has to cover costs of people that ruin or steal merchandise. There are giving you (general you) a $1000 TV for $30 week and TRUSTING that you will come in and make your payments. Its a VERY risky business that is serving people who don't have the ability (whether it be finances or credit) to go to some place like the Brick or Leon's. No one is forcing people to shop there. If you don't like the terms, save up your money and go buy it outright from another retailer.

bakerlgg51989_75 Sep 26, 2017

@Holl You also have to put into consideration that with each item how many times have they technically sold it therefore making id say over triple the amount that they pay for it as they get everything alot cheaper then you guys will ever know hell i bet they get some of there stuff from auctions and not all easyhomes have people that were raised how to be respectful to others where i live the people that work at easy home ive heard 2 managers and their delivery people talk bout how theyre partying and doing lines every weekend ive had a couple arguments my self with the managers cuz they tell u one thing and do another with out you knowing the one delivery person they have now doesn't understand how the mangagers are still employed cuz theyre using the store as a personal bank and pocketing payments as well as taking unauthorized payments out of peoples spouses accounts it happend to my coworker a couple months back so before you put anybody down for not making payments and saying how easy home is perfect and plays by the book try listening to what these people are saying for example the comment bout the pee stained mattresses how would you react if you thought you were getting bramd new mattresses for ur kids and instead you get pee stained ones and yet paying the price for brand new please humor us and say how you would feel and what you would do also what would your first reaction be

• Ho
    hohoho123 Dec 30, 2011

For f**ks sake, no business is obligated to serve you in any way, unless they are government-Easyhome is a privately run business. It looks like you have dollar signs in your eyes, expecting a big payout from a "discrimination" case. It would appear that there is far more to this story than what you are telling-what did you do that made the manager feel you are a bad risk?

Also, please learn to spell.

• Ea
    easyhome manager 2011 Jan 21, 2011

actually im a easyhome store manager

and yes, if you pay your bill on time every week, we put a little note on your acct that reads" NO PRECALL" and guess what... we wont call you. do u think its fun for us to spend 30 minutes calling everyone on a thursday to remind them their due on saturday. Trust me.. there are many other things i could be doing.

but u know what.. its ok.. because in the end we get the last laugh. I just leased out a desktop computer with a $60 book value... for how much u ask ???
    $29 x 52 weeks..
    if you cant do math, that would be a total lease cost of $1508.. but wait.. thats not all. we have to mark it up by 30% to cover taxes, total protection coverage & liability waiver... so in the end, next year our customer will have paid $1960.40.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
    suckers !

cheryldlester Aug 14, 2010

Hey Bambino,

Obviously you work for this disgusting place because you have the same disgusting attitude. You couldn't afford to pay for the [censor] easyhome leases either considering you make minimum wage, but I guess being paid minimum wage to be an [censor] is a pretty good deal. Why don't you google "busted easyhome" and get your facts straight. Easyhome is ripping people off and taking advantage of people. You mark up the base cost of the product to almost 3 times the amount and then claim they are charging 29.9% interest when really it's anywhere from 150%-300% interest. You treat people like garbage, harass people at work and home...YOU SUCK!!!

bambino_ca Jun 04, 2010

It's so crazy - if you actually pay your bill . . . they don't call you, they don't even call your references until you have been 3 days late, which means you're not making any attempt to get back to them. And the other weird thing - if you consistently pay on time, you can actually request not to receive a reminder call, because you've proven you don't need it. But if you're always late, you've proven you either have no idea when your payment is, or that you're a deadbeat who likes to pay late fees. You say they're not accepting your payment arrangements . . . are you asking to pay the first Friday after you're late? Or do you want to pay 2 or 3 weeks after you're due? Cause they don't do that, you can just return the product if you can't afford it. Stop being a little [censor] and pay your bill on time.

• Na
    Nath Ahou Mar 15, 2018

@bambino_ca You’re such a [censor]!!!

• We
    wehateeasyhome Jan 30, 2010

We rented a bunkbed for our children off of them too, and when we got it it had stickers all over it (not the one we saw as the floor model) and the mattresses had pee stains on them, so we called them and told them we weren't satisfied with what we got and wanted a replacement bed. It took the guys bringing to our house 3 hours to set it up, because they didn't bring the tools and parts to put it together in the first place. When we called them, they told us they were sorry for the inconvenience of having a bed with pee stains on it, but offered us a set of mattress covers for the beds! It's not legal for them to sell pee stained beds at the Salvation Army, so why is it legal for Easyhome? We cancelled the beds and they told us they were going to charge us 100.00 to come back and take the bed out of the house. We never went back there again...just disgusting that they can sell stuff like this!

• Pu
    pumpernickle Jan 29, 2010

EasyHome here in Barrie, Ontario, Canada, a TOTAL SCAM!!! Especially if you end up using the insurance company that THEY gave the papers for you to sign!

My mother in law rented a tv from them, and as soon as she wasn't able to make payments (due to a mugging), the insurance was supposed to kick in, Easy Home kept calling us to make the payments that the insurance company THEY GAVE US, didn't make. Then EasyHome tried to say that the paperwork wasn't filled out correctly. I was standing right there, with the EasyHome Employee, watching her help my mother in law fill out the application. So whose fault is it that it wasn't filled out correctly? How did the deal even go through if the paperwork wasn't filled out properly? Now EasyHome is suing her for everything, though they are the ones with the initial mistake and fault. a total scam!