Dyson Animal DC28after 2 months not working ripped up my floor

D

I bought a Dyson Animal on March 6 2011. I had a problem with it since July of 2011. I bought it from Sears in Staten Island NY. It ripped up my linoleum in my kitchen because the roller would not stop rolling in the upright position or in the floor mode. I did not know this until I saw the rip marks in my floor. I had a claim in with Sears with all the pictures of the damage to my floor and all the phone calls made and they said I could not get my money back and they had a claim with there management service which dyson said they could not deal with. I had a claim with Dyson that said the engineers said the damage was not caused by the machine and I could take it to a authorized repair service or send it back to Chicago for inspection. This went on for months. I did not want to send it back or have it fixed because I knew that they would say it was not the machine. After months of calls I had the vacuum sent to a certified repair in Long Island NY through Sears on September 27 2011. I received it back on October 3 2011 and again the same thing happened. I sent it back to Dyson with a video a piece of left over linoleum and pictures on November 8 2011. I received a call on December 5, 2011 that the engineer decided it was the repair that was made to the machine that made the roller not work properly. So you tell me if this is the case why would I have this claim for months before the repair was even made. I stated from the beginning that the roller did not stop, I sent pictures of the damage way before I sent if to be repaired and now they want to say it was the repair that did that. I have the video of the machine ripping up the floor I have a list of a page and a half of phone calls and now I have go to court in New York and have the papers served in Chicago get a lawyer in Chicago and I don't know if I have to fly there. This is all for my money back for the vacuum and my floor repaired. I have no doubt that I will win in court, but you tell me why should I have to do this.

• St
    stephred Mar 07, 2014

The dyson ripped up lenolium in our kitchen, laundry rooms, and both bathrooms. I too am going to try to get them to repair the floors. That is ridiculous!