Menu
Dyson
reviews & complaints

Dyson
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

42 complaints
10 resolved 32 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Dyson. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
8:20 am

Dyson - Boxing day sale

Hello,

My concern is about your dyson DC66 that was on sale for $199.00. I am a mom of two little ones who are both under 3years. I took my boys in the cold to your Victoria location as early as 5am but still couldn't get this product. I understand the sale is while quantities last but they were only 5 quantities in store meanwhile your advertising says 500 nation wide. You've got less than 100 stores so how can Victoria not get much?
I think its fair to let customers know how many each store gets so we don't have high hopes especially mom's with kids standing in line with the cold.
I was very disappointed and upset about missing out on this purchase. I really need this vacuum but can't afford it until this sale came along.

Please be more informative on your advertising in the future. I will also like to request for a special concession to get this product at the sale price.

Thanks for your understanding.

Eileen
26/12/2016

Feb 24, 2017 9:42 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Good luck with that, they won't even help customers that have already paid full price for their made-to-break products. Consider yourself lucky, you didn't get stuck with one of their products. Not only do they intentionally design their products to break, no matter how careful you are, they engage in intimidation and unnecessary information mining from their customers. They do not honor their warranties, or fix their broken products. They have purposefully designed them to be replaced, not fixed. My rug attachment broke, they will not fix it, I had to pay $177.00 for a replacement that broke 5 months later. My wife and I are in too much pain to do much vacuuming, and it was only used in our small manufactured home. The machine was a used gift. I certainly won't be paying over $350.00 a year for new floor tools. I would only recommend Dyson to a worst enemy. As it is I don't have any enemies, except Dyson.
Good Luck,
Grenfell Fisher

6:21 pm

Dyson - Dyson vacuum

My name is Hamid Behmanesh. I ordered 2 Dyson vacuums in November 2016 and paid $839.98 for these items from my visa card account. However I returned these unopened vacuums back to Dyson warehouse and they received them on Nov 18 (tracking# can verify this).
Since then every other few days I contact them to let them know that I have to pay back my visa card account for this amount. They leave message for their finance them and every time they keep telling me that I should be able to receive my money back in few days.
Please help me getting my money back from them since I'm student and I'm keep paying interest on this money.
(403) 612 5394
[email protected]

View 0 more photos
K
2:26 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I feel as a customer, that I have been tricked and defrauded by Dyson. The company ensures that their products are suppose to last and the materials used are top quality. Therefore Dyson provides a 5 years guarantee for these products. In the end I see that this is not the case. In 2012, I bought a Dyson 19t Origin vacuum cleaner from an online retailer in...

View 0 more photos
4:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Got a DC24 Animal in Mar 2012, it broke in May and I still don't have it back.. Called Dyson and they walked me through there "easy fix" It did not fix it... I sent pics as requested, and the same day I sent extra pics to Alexandra at Dyson, I got a letter in San Diego saying the engineers said there was nothing wrong with it. It is broken, the beater bar...

2:20 pm

Dyson - They are extremely slow

Dyson Almon Attorneys were responsible for transfer of my property. According to contract I was supposed to receive payment weeks after property would be sold but months passed ant Dysom Almon are not paying my money. I know they have it because buyer provided transaction details. How can I speed them up?

A
9:36 pm

Dyson - Horrible Customer Service

Don't buy anything from Dyson. I needed to exchange a part and tried calling numerous times with waits longer than 30 mins and I'd have to hang up. I then e-mailed and a week later got a response that i had to call to get a RA. Finally I called and waited 40 mins to talk to someone and they told me it was past 30 days and there was nothing they could do. I then sent letter to them and was told 2 weeks later, it was my fault for not contacting them within 30 days. I am returning the part, with receipt confirmation, disputing the charge on my CC and filing a complaint with the BBB. I'm tired of these companies thinking they can just rip off consumers without repercussion. I know fighting for your rights is a hassle and seems easier to just forget about it, but on principle I am not letting this go.

Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm

User1331614073 and the website MakeCash12.com is a SCAM! Don't fall for it.

7:15 pm

Dyson - Dyson is a rip off on parts

I have a Dyson DC07 upright. A little 3 inch plastic catch that connects the main cyclone system to the macine broke. When I tried to purchase a replacement piece which would cost about $4, I was told I needed to buy the entire cyclone assembly fr $79.99. I am going to destroy the vacuum and buy a Dirt Devil for $50. I was told to schlep out to Brooklyn to a repair company and see if they had the piece. I told the customer service(?) rep that there was no way I could do that and, since they manufacture the piece, they should be able to get one. I was rudely brushed off and told in no uncertain terms that it's tough but that's the way Dyson does business and, if I feel cheated, well, to bad. Never again with me I'm afraid. They manufacture plastic crap for a premium price and I'm a quick learner.

Feb 24, 2017 9:59 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a similar experience. They would not sell me a $1.00 plastic latch for a filter door. They insisted on my bringing my entire vacuum cleaner to their shop for inspection. That would probably cost $200.00, just a guess. And, there was the rug tool, $177.00 with no warranty available, broke in 5 months, they will not repair it. I will never buy anything even remotely associated with Dyson, ever again, anywhere in the world.

8:52 pm

Dyson - poor service and product

Had the animal model only 5 months and the motor on the front rollers burnt out. the company did nor honor warranty and the authorized repair services claimed they were waiting for parts for over 6 months the vacuum, was never fixed and calls to customer were rude, hung up on or told someone would contact us which never happened either. This IS A SHAME Dyson you have stolen money from a non-profit animal rescue foster home. The first model for animals was great and I sold a lot of vacuums for Dyson in the animal community. just as easy to tell everyone the new model and customer service is terrible.

6:34 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a Dyson Animal on March 6 2011. I had a problem with it since July of 2011. I bought it from Sears in Staten Island NY. It ripped up my linoleum in my kitchen because the roller would not stop rolling in the upright position or in the floor mode. I did not know this until I saw the rip marks in my floor. I had a claim in with Sears with all the...

T
2:47 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife needed to return a vaccum cleaner we could not afford to pay and the store manager told her that we were not allowed to rent from them ever again and that we had better lose their number. I called their cooporate office and they said they would send a complaint to the store's management team. i mean come on really sending a report to a manager we...

A
9:19 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Credit card was charged on 9/27/10 for $448.00 for a Dyson Vacuum. Delivery was to be in 10 to 14 days. No Vacuum was shipped. Kept contacting them for more info. No info available. I cancelled order on 11/27/10. The said to allow 30 to 60 days for refund to show up on my credit card. Nothing. Here it is 3/24/11. Still Nothing. 'Tried calling numbers - NOT IN SERVICE. Where do I go to get my $$$ back?

9:13 pm

Dyson - Parts rip off

I have a Dyson DC07 upright. I have been semi satisfied enough to keep using it. A little 3 inch plastic catch that connects the main cyclone system to the machine broke. When I tried to purchase a replacement piece which would cost about $4, I was told I needed to buy the entire cyclone assembly fr $79.99. I am going to destroy the vacuum and buy a Dirt Devil for $50. I was told to schlep out to Brooklyn to a repair company and see if they had the piece. I told the customer service(?) rep that there was no way I could do that and, since they manufacture the piece, they should be able to get one. I was rudely brushed off and told in no uncertain terms that it’s tough but that’s the way Dyson does business and, if I feel cheated, well, too bad. Never again with me I’m afraid. They manufacture plastic crap for a premium price and I’m a quick learner

6:16 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dyson - vacuum doesn't work correctly

I find it ironic that Dyson has come out with a pet hair attachment, considering my vacuum recently began gathering hair in the belt department which results in the vacuum overheating and shutting down. I've had vacuums for 30 years and have never had a problem like this.

Due to the gathering hair around the belt, I'm forced to pick the hair out of the compartment for a half-hour session before every use. I called Dyson and explained my problem - and was referred to the local warranty shop, where the repairman/owner belittled me and accused me of purposely ruining my vacuum. He refused to look at it but insisted that there is nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure why he would tell me that there was nothing wrong with it, and then accuse me of misusing it. He told me that he gets plenty of business from Dyson and he's not worried about whether I complain to the company.

I wrote an email to Dyson but haven't received a reply back. IMHO they're so busy trying to invent and sell that they don't value their customers, nor do they support their products. I not only will never buy another Dyson product, but I'm also passing the word about both Dyson and the repair shop. I wasted hundreds on a product that only cleans if the floor is already clean and the company comes up with a pet hair product?

Laughable. I'd like my $300 back, please.

K
Feb 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I have the Dyson DC17 and have had nothing but problems after 6 months of using it. The animal hair or other fibers get caught around the belt & gear and you are left sitting for at least 30 minutes picking with tweezers to get rid of it. Dyson has sent parts trying to fix it, sent it out twice to have it worked on only to find it wasn't fixed. Now they are shipping it to corporate (at least another 2 weeks of not having it) and Dyson is telling me that this is a maintanance issue and that the word pet in the name is only because of the pet attachments to clean your furniture. They say that the reason the hair gets stuck under the belt is because the hair your sweeping up must pass by this belt to be sucked up in your sweeper. They refuse to acknowledge that this is a manufacturer defect and do yourself a favor, do not purchase this machine unless you want major headaches. The DC15 ball is fine, no problems. Oh and if you have problems with your Dyson, expect long hold when trying to call.

C
9:13 pm

Dyson - quality

Had the $600.00 vacuum (DC28) for 2 weeks...then the height adjustment stops working. Sent it back to Dyson via UPS (I'm sure UPS is making a huge profit off Dyson). They call me 2 weeks later and say a part needs to be ordered that will take 10 days. Then install it and send it back to me?
I mean common, I paid for QUALITY, not the 5 year warranty(which I am sure I'll HAVE to use). I wont have a vacuum cleaner for longer than I have OWNED the stupid thing. It works GREAT when it's in my house.
I think Dyson's vacuum cleaners have a built in vacation setting...cause they sure spend more time lounging at the repair facility than actually working in your HOME!

J
5:55 pm

Dyson - REPLACE Motor REF DHS56023

Bought a motor from Dyson on 31/05/2010 and Ifit it, motor work for while and stop working Frist they said is not cover by warranty and they want me to buy another one and not replace it on 11/06/2010 i am still waitnng for them to sent me the motor last time I speak to them on18/06/2010 Friday they said going to sent me one but going to take untill middle of the work but Ihasn't reciver anything Ican't see why take so long to sent
I am very disappoint and very unsatisfed in there service Ifell they not interested in helping me as customer
I HOPE YOU CAN HELP PLEASE THANK YOU
Kind regard
Joe Cassar

F
9:44 am

Dyson - False Advertising

On all of thier ads they say how they are the BEST vacuum cleaner on the market however, I wanted a GOOD vacuums as I have a white dog that sheds and it doesn't even pick up dog hair. My old Eureka vacuum did a musch better job and cost about $350 less than the Dyson. I was SO dissappointed as I wanted a good vacuum. No such luck! $400 down the drain.

7:32 pm

Dyson - Absolute worst company I have ever dealt with

Warning, Stay away from this company! I've been dealing with them since Dec 3rd. I ordered a Dyson Vacuum. I was charged within 2 days after placing my order. Never did get a tracking #. Item never received, Heather 1st blamed it on weather and the item was shipped late. Then they told me it hadn't been shipped. Finally on Dec23rd I canceled the order. Charge was not removed from my card, they "said" they changed card processors, could not remove the charge and then said they would issue me a check. Even gave me a check #. I never received it. In the meantime they told me not to file a dispute with my card company, then finally in Feb after many emails (all of which I have copies of), I went to my bank and filed a dispute. This is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with, their customer support stinks. Don't believe a word they tell you (Heather & Karen). If I can keep just 1 customer from ordering from them it will be worth my while. I don't want to communicate with this company any more. I spent over 2 months getting nowhere with them. I just want to warn other consumers.

M
1:49 pm

Dyson - No Service

Dyson is a poor customer relations oriented company. They will not sell repair parts to owners of the products. The company phone reps are RUDE and actually cut me off after telling me to wait a moment. They want you to ship product around the world for simple tiny repairs. They won't even authorize local reapir shops to do repairs. I have a near new DC14 that has a tempormental on/off switch, very simple 2 screws and 20 seconds to remove it. I want to purchase a switch and instll it myself as any capable person would. I was told that there are NO user serviceable parts and that the on/off switch was not replaceable by the Dyson phone rep. I recommend DO NOT deal with this company.

C

Dyson - dyson vacumn model dc24

My husband Purchased Dyson DC24 August 2009 online. However, I am dissatisfied with this product as it doesn't clean as well as my old (8 year old Oreck) and want to return this product. I charged this product on my visa and would like to knowthe process to return.

Please contact me.

Charles Motto and Jane Potero Motto
404 Falling Rock Way
Greenville, SC 29615
864 498 21670
[email protected]

J

Agreed. Dyson should go back to the drawing board and learn what some of the other manufacturers learned a long time ago.

The plastic-looking cord wrap is too low which catches on the stairs, then broke. The plug being upside down (yes, really, it's the only appliance I have that I have to plug it in unaturally upside down), another mystery. The thing clogs with dust quite often and the bottom filter has to be vacuumed out by another vacuum so I can run the Dyson, and why do I have to keep picking the bottom out of the trash can when I empty it (and I have to dust myself off from the cloud of dust formed when dumping it). Why does the throat to the main collection tank get clogged when a piece of paper gets sucked in. If only you had made the hole a little bigger, or at least the size of the incoming line (the angle makes the connection between the vac and the collection tank smaller). Dyson needs to fix a few things but in the mean time, take it back.

FYI...if you ever seen a cotton candy machine, you know that whipping the dust is like whipping sugar and makes it fluffy - too bad the Dyson won't compress that so it doesn't have to be emptied so often.

11:47 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

dyson will not honor their warranty. Bought a Dyson ball. Had it for a few months. Local store in NJ (butley vauum) charges for warranty repairs. Dyson lets them get away with it. Dyson pays stores nearly nothing for warranty service. Nutley vacuum adds fees to the warranty service. Whats the use of a five year warranty if you are going to have to pay 80 buks out of pocket when you bring it in.

Dyson contacts