Having problems with iRobot?

iRobot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 17, 2008. The latest review My complain is against tour franchised repair shop JADA in Panama. was posted on Jun 14, 2021. The latest complaint Customer Service was resolved on Feb 17, 2011. iRobot has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 17 reviews. iRobot has resolved 8 complaints.

iRobot Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 727 9077 (Customer Service)
+1 877 855 8593 (Technical Support)
+44 208 865 3171 (United Kingdom)
+353 12 475 428 (Ireland)
+43 19 282 220 (Austria)
+32 24 012 374 (Belgium)
+45 89 884 195 (Denmark)
+31 107 131 884 (Netherlands)
+351 211 200 414 (Portugal)
8 Crosby Drive

Russia
Ryabinovaya 61A, 121471 Moscow, Russia

Spain
C/ José Echegaray 8, Edificio 3, 28232 Las Rozas de Madrid

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with iRobot Customer Service. Initial iRobot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for iRobot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about iRobot. Discuss the issues you have had with iRobot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

iRobot Complaints & Reviews

iRobotMy complain is against tour franchised repair shop JADA in Panama.

Their absurd repair cost for changing a battery and a circuit board card for my two (2) irobot roomba equals the price of buying two brand new roomba robots, Just wish that the main office would understand that franchising repair shops without overlooking what they are doing with your customers, will just cause a faithful customer (owner of 2 roombas and one scubba robot) to look elseware when purchasing replacements, such as other robots (black&decker, Ilife). I filled two complaints with name, robot number and id, and if requested, i could mail the repair budget a got from your franchised repair chop in Panama.

iRobot Corporationnot worth the money

I have tried the iRobot 985 that I was please with however felt it was too expensive so I tried both the iRobot E6 and a Dyson. While I found the more expensive 985 seemed to work very well I did feel it was too expensive so I tried the other two. The Dyson wasn't even worth my time so I tried the E6 to save about $200+ but also assuming the $200 difference would be minimal. Was I ever wrong - the E6 isn't more than tying a cheap vacuum onto you pet and ask it to walk around your house for, if you're lucky 90 minutes.
    When I called to complain and to see if perhaps I just got a bad product I was told that basically none of the reasons for buying an AI Robot Vacuum were programmed into the E6 - and as a customer service unit I have NEVER spoken to four worse customer service individuals as I did at iRobot. I am now going to return this iRobot back to Costco and give up (or if I feel I can afford it I could buy the 980 for about $700 tax included!!! Not a small amount of money for anyone.
    But bottom line not one iRobot Consumer Service team member had any idea on how to handle disappointed customers nor does their management who also could care less about my complaints - the only thing good I can say is the last person I spoke with listened and once I was done simply said "thank you" and we ended the call!

irobot service — error 15 in I robot 960

Good day, Could you please clarify whether it is IRobot's company policy to not disclose known product...

iRobot CorporationJust a waste of money

I have purchased a robot vacuum from www.irobot.com and it broke after two weeks of using. There were no visible damages, it just stopped working and that's it. I sent them a message and told everything I thought about them and their junk product. I would not recommend buying these garbage robots, very poor quality! I threw it into the garbage can. Just a waste of money.

iRobotCustomer no service, poor product quality (roomba 400, scooba 300)

I have purchased 3 products from iRobot over the past 2 years - 2 Roomba and 1 Scooba. All 3 died while out of warranty. In all 3 cases, I called iRobot customer service and got the same answers, which reduce to this sequence: Clean it. Bang on it. Clean it again. Bang on it harder. Buy parts if you want to fix it yourself (assuming you know what parts to replace). Otherwise, throw it away. Buy a newer model. iRobot does NOT service / repair ANY of their consumer products.

My latest (and LAST) call to their customer "no" service connected me to someone who obviously is tired of having to tell customers to clean/bang/self-service/dispose/buy replacement. The customer service rep sounded like a robot as though they were embarrassed having to tell yet another customer the same story.

I was seriously thinking about buying one of their new Braava mopping robots. After this latest call to iRobot it is clear to me that iRobot does not produce products that last. They work great until they malfunction. Once they do, you can try to fix it yourself, and eventually have an expensive piece of worthless junk that you have to dispose of.

I believe it is enlightening to look at how many different models of cleaning robots they no longer make in the Roomba, Scooba, Braava, Mirra, Looj, DirtDog, etc. product lines. I believe this indicates they have problems and are constantly trying to come up with a newer model that fixes them.

To anyone who is considering purchasing one of iRobot's products, before you do, call them up and ask them what happens if the product malfunctions / breaks outside of the warranty period.

Personally I will NEVER purchase another product from iRobot.

• Da
            David_SYR May 11, 2016

Sad that they don't offer any maintenance ... shows that they have little faith in their product. I was considering getting one of these but I will think twice about it now. Good review.

iRobotCustomer Service

I purchased an iRobot Roomba 562 vacuum along with additional filters and an APS battery as a Christmas gift. The person I bought it for was not interested in this product so I returned all items to iRobot. I followed their return process in great detail; e.g., received return authorization numbers and sent it back to them in original packaging via UPS (at my cost of $60.00). Within 2 weeks I received email confirmation that the returns were received and that credit had been applied to my credit card. Well...credits never showed up. I called iRobot customer service and was told that their automated crediting system had not functioned for a few days and that my credits would be done "manually." I've since made 8 phone calls with little success. The original notification that credit had been applied was sent to me on January 21, 2011. It is now February 17, 2011. I did receive credit for one of the orders returned (for the APS battery) but I have yet to receive credit for the vacuum (for $421.67). Customer service reps have been polite but unable to perform this simple task. The products were returned and credit approved but yet, my credit card still carries this balance. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN!

Irobot /RoombaWhat to do when out of Warranty

I remember the first time I saw her, sitting in the showcase window;

with all the bells and whistles my eyes went shallow.

I fell for her, I fell in love with a beautiful Roomba named "Rosey"

her brilliant red that cascaded color still looks just as lovely.

Me and "Rosey" had many days and many weeks of cleaning,

from hardwood flooors straight to rugs she went with no complaining.

She never complained about the way I left my cords on the floor,

& I always left her virtual wall set out right infront the door.

Oh..., how I loved my "Rosey" with her color cascade Red,

until one faithful morning I woke up and she was dead.

"Rosey" has no lights, no lights, no lights on "Rosey"

I took out her battery and did the reset just as they had told me.

But still there sat my "Rosey" still connected to the base,

With not a button glowing but everthing inplace.

I called up tech support and they gave me the obvious answer,

Just as I had suspected my "Rosey" has gone to her Roomba maker.

So there I sat on the phone with a person who bearly speaks english,

Telling me about charging mechanisums and all sorths of giberish...

I then spoke to a supervisor who I thought would be more helpful than the first

But she just said the same thing... infact she said it worst!!!

They want me to purchase another "Rosey" now

What are these people thinking? I'll buy milk when I already bought the Cow...!

They offered me a discount much to my suprise,

The discount wasn't bad but I didn't want to buy.

So there I sat with "Rosey" not a light is showing,

I asked the supervisor to have this escalated.

She then placed me on hold and I was connected to another,

This time I got a man so you could just imagine how he couldn't be bothered.

To be quite truthful he tried to help but I really didn't let him,

I just kept yelling and screaming Co-operate, Co-operate, Co-operate

All of a sudden things changed and stated looking up for me,

I finally got the response I wanted and a new "Rosey".

To all iRobot customer who can't get help today,

just mention the word Co-operate and I'm sure you'll get your way.

iRobot Scooba 5800Broken

Hello,

I bought the Scooba from iRobot only to be disappointed like most people. These machines break and no one at iRobot wants to fix the product. They simply tell you to buy a new one (and they will keep the old one for parts). Very Very Very Dirty Business Mr. iRobot!! I have read so many horrible complaints. People are scanning the internet for answers, and finding little to no professional help. Repair companies offer to fix the problem, but you have no way of knowing if even they are telling you the truth when you are told again to just buy another one. My best advise is to stay as far away from iRobot temptation as possible. It's a gimmick, plain and simple. They pay for the ads and we buy the bait. Don't believe me? Start reading the reviews and complaints. Start reading the blogs on finding repair info for this machine. Do your homework before you buy!

• Ne
                  Neutralperson11 Mar 31, 2010

This is true!!! The product really is a piece of crap, I know about it because I've been working at iRobot for almost 2 years. I even have 1 in my house that I use as a door stop. The battery is made to last as long as the warranty and the robot isn't made to last at ALL!!! i'M WARNING PEOPLE TO STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THE PRODUCT AS POSSIBLE.

IT MORE PROFITABLE PUTTING YOUR MONEY IN THE BIN.

• Mr
                  Mrs. Gewin Dec 27, 2009

I agree completely!

iRobot Roomba 4225Product, warranty and service are poor

I bought my Roomba as a gift to myself for my birthday in March 2009. By June 2009 the product was useless. I tried to clean it as instructed, changed the brushes etc and the thing would still not work poperly. I sent emails to customer service at iRobot numerous times with no response. Finally I called them in November 2009 and asked to return it thinking I had a 1 year warranty. SURPRISE! Its a 30 day warranty! A toaster has a better warranty than that!

If you get a Roomba realize you will spend more time cleaning it than you will getting use out of it.

Do not bother buying anything from iRobot. Poor product, poor warranty, poor customer service. In other words, Junk!

Chas1b1 Dec 23, 2009

Roomba customer service and products sucks We have a 550 series and it does an ok job, So we purchased a 530 and it does an auful job. The company tells me that the 530 has old bin technology [It is two days old]. They wont take it back or offer the new bin .Customer service were of no help. I would not recomend a Roomba Chuck

iRobotMy rumba worked once and never wrked again

I bought a rumba from Irobot and it only workede once and never worked. I have called about 5 times to the call center and the call center's agents english is horrible and they just keep giving me the run around. They won't transfer me to a manager or supervisor and I end up waiting to speak to a rep for about 45 min. and after I get to talk to them it takes another 45 min. to explain a 2 sentance problem because the don't understand english. DO NOT BUY AN IROBOT. Not worth the money and you will not receive help from the call center.

• Da
                      David_SYR May 11, 2016

The company is still responsible for educating their customer service staff, otherwise why pretend they have such a service! I agree that it is not the workers' fault that the product is defective, but there needs to be some accountability and some degree of actual "service" by such employees.

Re: irobot May 29, 2010

The only [censored]s are the customers who keeps purchasing iRobot cheap products not the staff that works for minimum wage.

TBC..like I said TBC...stay tuned

• Sc
                      Scoobasux Apr 13, 2010

Return your garbage before the warranty runs out, accept no substitution. They will keep troubleshooting you until the warranty expires. Irobot sells inferior products with Kumar reading checklists, I could probably recite them by now.

• Fk
                      fkumn Apr 11, 2010

LAME. You didn't even say anything about what's so "wrong" with the company! =/ Why bother posting if all you're going to say is "TBC..."

• Ro
                      RoombaLvr Apr 01, 2010

Employee - What are you speaking out about? iRobot is a great company with a product that most customers refuse to live without, and customer service that is unsurpassed, doing anything to ensure that you have a working product.

• Ir
                      irobot411 Mar 31, 2010

What every irobot owner should know. To be continued ...

• Ne
                      Neutralperson11 Mar 31, 2010

I believe that the people at customer support are just doing their jobs. They don't really have any control as to what happens with the company. Any stupid answers that they give you is what has been given to them and in regards to their english, it's because of the accent. The call centers in the Caribbean!!!

• Vi
                      vinny Apr 18, 2009

The roomba was working for a few months and then i did not use it for afew months when i wanted it to work again, it does not move and there is no obvious obstacle
                      I cleaned the wheels with compressed air as the clowns in customers ervice suggested.
                      Doesnt work
                      reset and still doesnt work
                      its waste to buya product for 500-600$
                      definitely not worth that much money

iRobot/Roomba — No Warranty for New items bought on eBbay

I bought a NEW Roomba 560 from an eBay seller. I register the product in the company site and the site say...

iRobot — Customer service poor product quality

My Roomba 580 stopped working in December. I submitted numerous emails requesting customer assistance. After...

irobot Roomba vacuumIn Warranty Exchange/Customer Support

I purchased a Roomba 4110 robot vacuum from amazon.com in January 2008. So far, I've been quite pleased with the product. However, the robot started experiencing service-affecting issues in May 2008. I tried calling irobot's "Customer Care" number listed in the product manual [protected]) to find out how to get a replacement. After-hours basically tells you to call back. So I called back during business hours. I was never able to get past their IVR to talk to anyone. Then their system told me to go online and type in RMA in the site search box. I opened a support case, suppling all the information on their on-line form. Then I got an automated response telling me the check a few things. I did this, and responded back that it was still not working. Email conversations went back and forth with irobot requesting my address (which I had already supplied) the Roomba product code (already supplied), and charger product code and purchase date (already supplied). They kept requesting this information even though I made sure to go into their support case and supply it. This banter took over 40 days! Finally, they emailed me with an RMA number and instructions on how to send it to them. I followed these instructions to a 'T'! After I had not heard any status in two weeks, I posted a request to the support case. The next day, I received an email stating that there was no record of my shipment. (even though I had a confirmation number and the name of the signee from UPS!) Now here it is, over 2 months since I originally reported the problem, and I'm having to battle their belligerently poor customer service just to get a simple product exchange!
                    I started wondering if I was the only one who experienced such pitiful warranty exchange service from irobot. It didn't take much searching (BBB, complaintsboard.com, complaints.com, and numerous forum boards) before I found that this was business-as-usual for irobot. By the way, irobot does not pay for the shipping...so I'm currently out the cost of a robot, plus $10 bucks for shipping. I've been more that patient so far, but now I feel ripped off! What good has this product done for me in the last two months?! I opened a BBB case (166918).
                    This is such a shame...While I really like the robot vacuum, it's just not worth the hassle if you ever need a warranty exchange. This company's product has great potential, but their customer service department will keep me from buying another one of their products in the future. Hopefully irobot will get their act together and make their customer service perform to the level that is expected of their products! --Dissatisfied Roomba owner

• Pa
                        paul w, myers Oct 10, 2018

This is Paul Myers 1111 42nd ave east ellenton Fl. 34222 Just received the i robot 800, that I ordered and it has a damaged part. the broken part is the right yellow extractor to release the frame. it fell out of the box when I open ed the box. My phone number is [protected] . My email is [email protected]

iRobot — Horrible customer service

I have never been treated so poorly and I still don't have a working Roomba. I received my Roomba...

iRobotDefective Product

Similar complaint to the previous. Customer Service is extremly lacking. CS is not worth it. They are selling a product that is not supposed to last you for very long. That is why they have all sorts of procedures to return it because they know that you will have to. Law of numbers applies here. Most people will buy it and forget it once it breaks ...and it will break. They are quick to sell you a replacement one if you are "out of warranty" at a "reduced price" Spend the money somewhere else and get up and push the vaccuum. Think of it as excercise.

Re: irobot May 29, 2010

I thought that I was the only one!!! I'm constantly purchasing replacement . I've even had an iroomba that blew up and damaged my floor. Thank heavens we were home at the time. I'm on my final roomba just waiting for customer service to sell me another one. Do these guys even earn a commission? These vacuumns deliberately built to last one year and the company knows it.

• Ca
                          calth Jul 22, 2008

I've had the roomba & scooba for 2 years, what a waste of time & money. The scooba is completely inefficient, sits in a closet 24/7 now. The roomba was great when it worked, a little time consuming to clean it out, but still a nice toy. However, the battery has continued to fail after less than 50 charges, the [censored] customer service people are so ssssllloooww it makes you scream, and end up not helpful anyway. Long story short, the batteries are defective, been through 2 of them, now my warrenty is over and I am expected to buy another one. Don't think so, it's a rip-off.

iRobotProduct fails to perform, Customer service lost returned merchandise

I purchased a Roomba (robotic vaccuum cleaner) from iRobot. The company I work for has manufactured components for iRobot's tactical product line, so I was aware of their commitment to quality, and assumed that it would be reflected in their consumer products as well.

The first one I had died 10 minutes into its first use. The brush drive motor self destructed, causing a great grinding noise to come from the machine. It ultimately took 3 weeks for a warranty exchange.

They (technical support) decided that the reason why the replacement robot didn't work - no sound, only travels in backward little jerky movements 90% of the time, won't dock, wont respond to the remote control, drives right down the steps without ever slowing down... is because the battery needs replaced.

The second agent I spoke with (when a new battery failed to resolve any of the issues) told me I needed to clean the sensors.

When that didn't fix it, the third agent told me that if the speaker isnt working, then it doesn't matter if the battery is good or bad, or if it is dirty or not... the entire robot needs replaced. According to the information he had in front of him, the only problem that I had reported was that it wasn't spending as much time cleaning as it used to. I pointed out that I had never claimed that as a problem, I had, in fact, explained exactly the same symptoms to every person I spoke with.

He sent me 2 emails that told me how to prepare it for shipping, but no RMA number. The first email told me to watch for a subsequent email that would have my RMA number.

After 4 days of waiting for the 'subsequent email with an RMA number', I finally called to request one from a real person. The agent I spoke with gave me a 12-digit RMA number. (For the record: [protected])

I shipped it back with the RMA number clearly visible on the box, and the shipping label, and emailed iRobot the tracking number (1Z71155F0395020217), RMA number, and expected delivery date.

They replied to *that very email* 2 hours later with �Here's your RMA number.' And this one was totally different. (The new number is: [protected])

I called and explained that I had been given 2 different RMA numbers.

I was told that I shipped it back with an invalid RMA number, and that was going to cause problems, but that it would be noted on my ticket.

Three days later, the unit was received by iRobot. I called when I received a delivery confirmation from them.

They told me that a robot was not received on that RMA number and that I would not receive my 'warranty exchange unit' (code for 'another refurb to replace the new one that didnt work') until they had received my defective one on the RMA number I had been given.

I tried to explain that I already did that... even have a confirmation that 'Murray' signed for it... But that didn’t matter, because the RMA number in their system does not show a returned unit, and that I would not receive my warranty exchange unit until they receive my defective one on the RMA number I had been given.

I started demanding to speak with someone who could find answers for me.

They then began providing lip service for me:
                        I was told that it had already shipped, but that they don't have a tracking number because 'it doesn't work that way' (whatever THAT means.)

Several days later I received an email that said it would be released for shipment in 2-3 business days.

4 business days later, I called and was told it was on the dock and would ship out that day.

Several days later, I was told that it had shipped the day before.

The next day I received an email saying it would ship in 2-3 business days.

I called and demanded an honest and true indication as to the status of my robot. I was told that they couldn't help me because they couldn't 'work with' the RMA number I had been given, and that I would have to take it up with the sales department.

The sales department couldn't find any record of the RMA number at all, and told me that I needed to take it up with technical support.

A supervisor told me that I needed to take it back to the store where I bought it in the first place (He told me this after I told him I had returned the unit to iRobot, gave him the shipping information, the delivery receipt date and recipient, and all of the RMA numbers and ticket numbers...)

My frustration level at this point was higher than it has been with any company or product in memory.

That's when I just gave up and decided it was wasting more of my time than the thing was even worth in the first place.

So now they have my robot, they have my money, and they have no desire or ability to return either one to me.

So I took the components that I did NOT return to them (the charger, the battery, the dirt bin, the virtual walls, and the remote) and I threw them in the dumpster.

iRobot wins.

I give up.

They have defeated me.

Their technical support agents contradict each other, they give out conflicting instructions and information, they give out wildly varying diagnoses to exactly the same symptoms, and they ignore such facts as 'delivery confirmation receipts'.

They pass customers off to other agents or departments who are even less helpful or competent than the previous one, and they are unable to offer any explanation as to why this sort of behaviour is acceptable from their staff.

I am tired of playing with them, the cost of the robot, plus the cost of sending 2 defective units back to them, is a pricey way to get their point across to me, but I feel that they will get my money's worth. I will take the education I received from them, and use it to in turn educate as many people as I can... They have a nice concept, but their product quality is inferior. I base that statement on the fact that 100% of their products that I have used have quit working within 10 minutes of their first use.
                        I faxed the company and instructed them to keep the robot; I am tired of dealing with them after 9 months. I have filed a report with the BBB in their area, and I am seeking reimbursement of the $10.85 it cost me to send the second one back to them.

Their customer service department is unable to diagnose a problem consistently from one person to the next. They give out conflicting information, but are unable to acknowledge that they made a mistake. They do anything in their power to alienate their customers and make the process so cumbersome that it is easier to just give up and walk away than it is to find even one employee who is willing to look at a situation and make a decision to satisfy the customer rather than perpetuate the nightmare.

They are the stereotypical American company that sells a shoddy product, refuses to stand behind it, takes the customer's money, and slams the door in their face.

I will do everything I am able to make sure that anyone I can reach will know what a horrible company iRobot is.

Jason Centers Jul 29, 2017

I too have been dealing with a major run around by iRobot for almost a month now. I returned my 690 for a ($394) refund, but after three attempts, have still not received my return label from them. They keep passing the buck to UPS, but after 5 different UPS reps have told me they are not sending the label, but iRobot is, I've directed my efforts toward iRobot. One call after another, I get promises from iRobot concerning a label, but I never get it. I've given them 3 different email addresses but I never get anything (including spam and deleted folders). They promised to ship to me via snail mail, but I have never received that either. I contacted the BBB and open a fraud claim with my credit card company. iRobot is a major scam...they won't last much longer. SHADY practices all around. Unreal.

iRobot CorporationThey sell you one thing then say you need another

Our IRobot stopped working correctly. So we call them up, and they say we need a new unit that the charger we have wont work with another unit.

So we buy another one, and only get half the product. We have to call and wait for the next half to come.

We finally try it and the same problem happens. We call again, and are told now we have to buy a new battery. That’s what was wrong with the first one.

Then they say we have to pay shipping again. Plus, they're only good for 2 years. I feel they should tell you that in the first place. These are not cheap items.

• Updated by Dr A · Nov 07, 2019

Pity good products terrible support
                              Very low customer service one of the worst in America. !

• Dr
                              Dr A Nov 12, 2019

Terrible customer service
                              Terrible customer service. Lowest level
                              They should be bankrupt soon. They have one superviser nasty Jammie that it

Online sell and retardant customer service

Stay away !!

Ann Yarnell Jun 09, 2019

So far, i like the I-Robot 5e which I just purchased. Everything went well until I was directed to connect my I-phone with machine. Went through all steps, but does not yet connect. What am i doing wrong?

• Pe
                              Pete De Sarno Jan 22, 2007

I too have an irobot that doesn't work. I've been trying to contact tech support for a fix. The web site states the problem I'm having, (spins in a circle and then stops). They speak of bios fixes and other things, but none that apply to my unit. They now tell me that there is no repair for the irobots and I can buy a new one, at a small discount, from them. In essence they are telling me to throw it away and buy a new one. It cost me nearly $300.00 when I bought it and now they are telling me to throw it away. I will never recommend an irobot or any of their products to even my worst enemy.

• Valerie Jan 09, 2007

I purchased the Roomba Discovery by irobot about 11 months ago. For some unknown reason the product has stopped functioning - does not pick up dirt and jumps all over the place. I've tried to reach irobot Customer Service for over two weeks now. I have spent countless hours on hold waiting for the next available rep. I have sent emails through their customer service web site, even threatening a complaint with the Attorney General. As of today no one has responded to my emails. I've tried selecting the prompt that allows me to order a new product and have been put on hold and then subsequently disconnected. As I'm writing this complaint I have been on hold for 45 minutes.