Menu
DU
reviews & complaints

DU
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

445 complaints
28 resolved 417 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of DU. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
R
11:36 am

DU - Home wi-fi

I took AED 199 plan for Du home Wi-Fi by promising to get up to 100mbps speed for internet. I am not getting even 5mbps speed. Several calls to Du customer care without success. Customer care providing same readymade response that technical team will contact you in 48hours time to fix the issue. More than ten days now so far I have not received even a single call from Du technical team to check or fix this home Wi-Fi speed issue. My son having trouble for online classes and I am facing severe delays while working remotely. This was my mistake moved to Du from Etisalat and Du is indirectly agreeing the same by delaying the services and fixing the issues even after repeated follow ups.

Desired outcome: Technical team must visit the place to fix the issue or to agree to cancel the plan.

1 comment
B
Mar 18, 2022 8:31 am

Even I'm facing the same. Poor commitments from du and not solving the issue which I raised complaint 6month before and still pending to solve. Do u know how to escalate this issue. Please help

N
1:38 am

DU - Du 199 home wifi

Slow speed in majan area. Worked fine in the start. Getting 20 to 35 speeds. Almost a year later router has not moved in my home. Getting less than 5. I tried switching the sim to another lte router and my speeds went to 50 for about 10 mins. Then the lte signal vanished. Tried another router and no lte. Put in back I og router and lte less 5 again

Desired outcome: Complained many times. One justification was since you are getting 10 it’s good

11:12 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Signed up for the du 199 plan on 6th Jan. Very poor internet speeds. Barely able to make audio calls let alone video calls. Their promises were for high speed internet but in reality slightly better than 2G. Their customer is completely useless. Even that is an understatement. Been a month and no one cares to solve the complaint that I have been bringing...

P
10:08 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Many of you, I'm sure, would agree with me on this."DU IS THE WORST SERVICE PROVIDER, WITH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE." I made the mistake of choosing a du WiFi home connection. They promised us a speed of 100MBPS, which you will never see. My internet speed used to be average, but it has suddenly deteriorated to the point that it has reached 0.91 Mbp...

M
4:23 am

DU - 0557242320 Sim Outgoing suspended and very bad customer Service at all

I am placing complain here with two concerns I have .

1. 3- time I approached and updated my Emirates ID for my du sim card 0557242320 of which outgoing is suspended but still it is under approval/process as per customer agent there at customer Service at Sahara Center Sharjah even updated 3 times !
This is my main sim. It is linked with ICA, Bank and other services.

2. Very bad customer Service at Sahara Center Sharjah. Customer agent don't provide any complaint number for follow up but busy with gossip inter colleagues. Always takes long session with each customer without fruitful discussion. Each customer to wait almost 90minutes for turn. Very bad service at all !

J
10:07 am

DU - Home wireless

I have the du wireless home Wi-Fi with account number 052 795 86 11.
Last one month I am trying to register some complaints.
But it's very tough to connect customer care
My Internet speed is less than one mover second
Buffering always.
First 3 month was good. After that this issue.

I would like to cancel my account. please call me
Back 055 4197927

Desired outcome: Nothing yet

D
3:54 am

DU - Customer service

Nowadays the customer service is very poor. The customer service agent at DU office are very arrogant and rude to the customers whenever we ask any clarifications.

I went to the DU main office which is near to Dubai Internet City Metro station to get clarification on our Business plans and on the bills. But the Lady customer service is not have patience to hear anything from me. She seems to be very arrogant and not answering properly. The same attitude is been followed to other customers also. Again when I requested, she is asking me to bring documents which is not relevant.

After having this bad experience, again I called the customer service 800155. I am asking the clarification on behalf of the company. But the customer service agent is not ready to clarify my doubts. He want to speak directly to the owner of the company. I am explaining him that he is out of station and to clarify the doubts pertaining to the bill payments. But he is not willing to hear my requests.

2:50 am

DU - Given wrong plan

I bought a new postpaid connection from du. The sales person told me I will be getting a bill of 40 aed for 10 days. Thereafter my bill amount will be 200 from which 75 will be discount, so it will be 125 monthly. Now for my first month bill was 70, then the next month bill amount was 236. I had taken an additional sim in the same num, so I am expecting a bill amount of aed 150 monthly. I spoke this issue with another sales person since the concerned person was on leave. Then he was telling me my plan is 225 aed per month. And the discount is applicable in alternate months only. They are faking people by giving offers that normal people cannot understand.

Desired outcome: Its a one year contract. I want to cancel it at no cost since its not my fault, only the sales person mislead me.

L
1:21 am

DU - Unhelpful customer service in time of pandemic

Im american, I live and work in dubai, we left for the holidays to america and my 11 years old son got covid and is very sick at this time.
I asked for du to freeze my account and to also credit me wth the previous month as i'm stuck in america, they refused to help me,
I asked to speak with a manager and they refused as well.
I have had many service provider helping me in dubai in this difficult moment with covid. The only one who has not help its du. At this moment my internet is still running I might be stuck in the usa for another 2 monh as my child is at the hospital because of covid. And yet they will not help

Desired outcome: refund of my actual bill and freezing my account

D
3:03 am

DU - Results

My name is dimple i am a student of DU SOL 2nd year Bcom Hons and i gave exams in august 2021 and it is january 2022 and the result is still not declared my 3rd years exams wull be in next 5 months and i am here still waiting for the 2nd year results. I do not know when will result come and when will i fill the 3rd year form and when will i get my degree.

K
10:10 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name: khawaja irfan ahmed Device / plan: home lte data aed 199 Sim no.: 971522980642 I have no signals or sometimes week signals in my room. I live in 1bhk. I started this service in nov 10, 2021 butfrom jan 1st... No signals shone in our devices.. Even only 2 or sometime 3 lights shown on my device. No one can reply properly... Is this your...

P
2:41 am

DU - Wrongly Amount deduction and False Information provided

DU provides pathetic service, Untrained Staff, Unprofessional, Zero Knowledge, Provides zero guidance to customer.

I had 2 number I recently closed 1 because I of the pathetic service.
My current number - 0521523205

On 23 Dec 2021 amount from my credit card got deducted because of DU mistake and until know I am waiting for the amount to get refunded. Nothing show in there system on time. They send a mail to collect the cash, when I went there no cash was ready, no body was aware. I wasted my time and money. Now they are sending a mail that only 200 is waived off.

On 1 Oct 2021, The agent from the Barsha Mall did not inform me the contract amendment charges, she press the button from my phone and I got a total charges of 700 Aed, But DU could not reimburse the because the amendment was done from my phone. So they don't have a proof, they are not ready to check the cameras no voice recording.

They are doing waive off and adjustment among themselves without my consent and again without providing any information. There mail say something else, on call they will make another story, upon visit they have another drama to makeup. DU does not work for the happiness of client rather DU will make the customer mind depressed.

No one is trained, from top to low management all provide false and misleading information. I am feeling short of word.

NEVER EVER purchase DU even if they give you good offer, free sim etc, they will trap the customer and make money out of it.

Desired outcome: Out come is wastage of time and head ache

S
9:28 am

DU - Unethical Behaviour

I received a call from this number 045243012 and he said he is Mohamed from du and telling some promotion or something, but I told him I am working that time so please call in the afternoon when Im not busy. Immediately after that he cut the call. I called same number and told him are you really from du because du people will not do that. Please do make action for this, it was very disrespectful to customers if they do that. Second time he did that to me so I am writing this complaint.

7:28 am

DU - Wifi Router

I have never seen such a bad customer service and internet connection service such as this. All in the DU keep lying. My internet doesn't work and i am still paying for it. Its been 2 months already. They told me to change my router and still its the same. I get speed in KBPS and sometimes not even that. I call them everyday twice for this matter. No one calls me back from technician team to correction or provide any solution.

I am not even able to complain from this internet nor the website/ application is opening

U
2:56 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DU - Home wireless internet cancellation

I have applied for home wireless package, i received 2 wireless router with 2 different account/mobile number.
Now i want to cancel my wireless connection. Below are the details.

*HOME WIRELESS INTERNET 12 MONTHS CONTRACT FOR 199 AED PER MONTH
Mobile # 058 9469612*
Account # 1.44582629

I
9:41 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DU - Service

I purchased 110aed credit on December 23rd. Today is the 26th and it's still not showing on my phone. I've called and was told it will reflect in 3 hours that was 3 days ago and still nothing. I've emailed and was told it will reflect in 48hours still nothing then I got another email saying it will reflect in 24hours. Still nothing. In the mean time I had to buy credit from a shop in order to make calls and have data for Christmas.

Desired outcome: Give me my money back

K
4:25 am

DU - Very poor response and service

There are so many incident but I'll refer the latest one.
I visited Dubai mall DU Store on Saturday, 11 December 2021 for placing a request to replace my physical sim to E SIM. They charged me, took all the documents, and gave me a QR Code for esim. They mentioned it will be done within 48 hours and today is 15th December, but nothing happened despite of various calls made to customer care.

No proper response or support.

My number is 0547934739

Regards,

Karan Mutneja

V
2:18 am

DU - Poor Service & Fraud

If only there was a minus allowed in the reviews, I would have given minus 5 to DU. They are not only poor in their customer service but are frauds.

First when I was approached by their sales person, he said all my lines & sims will be activated without physical emirates ID. Then after signing of contract, they said, Emirates ID would be need. Since these were new EID, they were taking time to deliver. Finally I submitted them my EID and they said sims will be activated within 24 hours. It's been 2 months, line are not activated and they have been sending me bills to pay for the sims that they never activated.

THIS IS PURE HARASSMENT. and since my office internet was also through them, they have now deactivated my internet and asking me to pay for the AED 2000 for sims as well which they never gave me service for.

WORST COMPANY EVER

V
8:33 am

DU - Advantage takers

du is the worst network providers. i was called this afternoon to upgrade my plan to a 500 plan from a 300 plan that i will be paying just 320dhs for my remaining contract period which is just 4months left and at the end of the contract i can either cancel or continue with the plan but offer would end if i continue. With 2500 flexi minutes and 50gb data instead of 1k and 25gb which i had early. I accepted the offer only for a different thing to be activated on my plan. contract period extended to 2022 Dec and was not given full plan as promised. [email protected]

4:21 pm

DU - fine of early cancelled my contract

Hi dear Samina
i hope you are doing well
dear i had one account with number 1.20116957 for two number (0527600849 & 0557206140) 150AED per month for 1+5 GB and 300 flexi minutes since 2016 till now that my contract will be expire at 9/12/2021
just today
i got so many call today (the last call today at 8 pm tonight )for new offer of DU and offer for changing our plan from 150 aed per month to new plan (200 AED per month with this condition ... 13GB data and 400 flexi min for frist 6 month 123.5 AED and then after second 6 month 200 AED and free activation fee ...and she told me if i want they can change our plan to new plan under the phone and it will be active for your both numbers within 14 hours ) so i saw my previous contract will be expire within few hours thats why i said yes you can change my plan
so after 2, 3 hours i got an sms from du that showed that "you have cancelled your Extra data offer 5 GB _24 M before contract expiry date of 8/12/2021 . an EARLY ! termination fee of AED 150 applies "so what is this ?
only for few hours (4 hours before expiry data of my contract) i have to pay 150 AED more ? for what ? after 6 years that we continued this plan with du just new for a few hours i have to pay a fine ? i never accept this because this is a mistake form your side and your staff told me that tonight is the lastday for this offer so they pushed me to accept
if she told me that if I wanted to change my plan right now, i have to pay some thing for fine and that for only a few hours, then of-course i would not do this
so please follow my case and remove any and all fine from both my numbers /account then let me know
best regards

Desired outcome: removal of fines from my accounts

DU contacts