DTE Energy MichConinsufficient service

Our air conditioner was not working. They sent out representatives 3 different times in august. The last guy told us it was an a coil that had to be replaced but dte did not cover the cost. We had an outside contracter come out and replace the a coil. He said I replaced your a coil but that wasnt the reason it wasnt working. It is a leak in your condenser unit. We had to pay $600 for an a coil which we did not need because dte told us that was our problem. We then had to pay $75 for the repair in the condenser unit. I contacted dte to see if they would reimburse the $600 because they are the ones that told us we needed an a coil. I talked to a mr. Michael romeo who said he would look into it. I have tried to call him 3 times and he will not return my call. We would never have gotten an a coil put in but dte's representatives told us that was why our air conditioner wasnt working. We have been a faithful customer of their home protection plus for many years and have not had any complaints but this just doesnt seem fair.

• Dt
    DTE Home Protection sucks Apr 07, 2015

I have had the exact same issue with Mr. Romeo and DTE Home Protection Plus. I am their customer since many years but last two years have been worse. My refrigerator has not been working for 4 months but DTE would not respond. Every tech they send wants to replace a different part and the part is either not covered by DTE or gets back ordered for many weeks. I escalated the matter in January. Mr. Romeo sent a standard letter asking for the same details, which I sent again. Since then there has been total silence from his end. There are similar issues with my dishwasher but the company isnot willing to commit anything.