FILE A COMPLAINT

Complaints & Reviews

delivery of magazines and catalogs on my doorstep

Delivery of magazines and catalogs are thrown on the driveway at my address. I have several magazine subscriptions and since DoorFront Direct has taken over delivery, magazines are wet, torn and in very poor condition. DoorFront Direct indicates on their flyer "Doorfront Direct is a convenient new way for you to receive magazines and catalogs on your doorstep!!!

Today (2.11.2020) I received Town & Country thrown on the driveway and totally wet... destroyed!!! Numbers on DoorFront Direct Delivery Sheet: 5 [protected] [protected]; #TOC0049327406/6# 00007 OCT20.

Please leave all magazine subscriptions and catalogs on my doorstep at the front of the house.

I would like to hear from Doorfront Direct that this issue will be resolved immediately.

Thank you.
Jo-Ann E. Gallant
12258 Lavender Loop
Bradenton, FL [protected]

delivery of magazines and catalogs on my doorstep

hgtv magazine

PLEASE stop throwing the magazine, wrapped in horrible plastic, into puddles or dirt at the end of my driveway. My mailbox is right next to my front door, so the driveway is hardly the "doorstep" where you're supposedly leaving it. It's a ridiculous practice, using wasteful materials. The thick plastic bag is unnecessary (all of my other magazines are delivered without covering to my nice, dry mailbox), and the driver in my area just flings the magazine out of the car window. I fail to see how that saves me time.

Thank you.

magazine delivery

I am not interested in receiving ANY magazines unless I subscribe to them! The stuff you are delivering is left at the end of my driveway and usually soaked by the time I get to it. If this continues, I will contact the town and they will fine doorfrontdirect for littering! Your "delivery" process is totally unacceptable and I would like to end it at my address.

delivery

My magazines (if they are delivered at all) are thrown at the end of my driveway, not at my door like adverstised! There are so many complaints about the lack of consideration customers are given. Why don't you listen?! I paid for 3 subscriptions and I haven't even received/been able to read (magazines damaged) even a quarter of my magazines!! You falsely advertise door delivery service and you don't!! False advertisement and destruction of property that I pay for. What a disgrace. I canceled my magazines because of your horrible service, but they just gave me extra issues to compensate! More magazines i'll never get to read because they are practically delivered in the street. We should all file a class action suit for all the money we spent on magazines we never got or could read!

harper's bazaar

My magazine is being thrown on my front lawn. This not not the only time. It has been done this way since we received the notice that it will be front door delivery for my convenience. This is not true. It is placed where I cannot see it from my homes front door or windows. This is not right and is not what you are paying for. It is cover with plastic which is good and when it has been rained on stayed dry so far. I do have a covered front porch so there is a place it should be put. Haro207627159/0# 00009 Mar 21. I request the items be placed on my front porch.

displaced magazines

The last 4 months, we have found our magazines in our front yard. Not at our door. It was almost on the sidewalk, in the front yard; where it can be stolen, get soaked in rain, or blow away. I wasn't even aware this was a service until I went to pick up the magazine I thought was trash. The service is not living up to their name and I'd rather have my magazines delivered by USPS if this is going to continue. Very unprofessional and lazy.

magazines not at doorfront - in the street etc & even my neighbors more than more then 1 block away was delivered near my house!

Really my magazines have only once been somewhere near my door the 1st time, long ago. Sometimes it has been on the street, sometimes in the driveway where I drive & my neighbors sometimes enter to turn to car around in the dark, in the tree lawn or on the sidewalk.
My newspaper has been delivered to a wise place for decades. Not the front door but where it can be found in rain, snow whatever before dawn. He has a great arm, thoughtful and comes far from the city where I live.
My door is on a hillside, the steps & the sidewalk leading to my front door is cleaned for snow, rare sleet. My older mailman walks that path to put the mail in the box near my door always.
My door is covered with a front porch. So anything that is placed there would be good or even better between the front doors.
Even worst then those problems In January a magazine that belonged to a house more then more than 1 ½ blocks away Was near t sidewalk. — Ms. Erker in 72XX Northmoor 63105.
It wasn't even the same magazine nor did my magazine (Oprah) come & pitched that that day. I did deliver to her front door.
Can you fix this???
M K Rice
Mary Rice 7118 Northmoor [protected]

women's health + oprah + food network magazine

In Oct I got my last issue of Women's Health + Oprah + Foodnetwork magazine. It was delivered by Doorfront direct With "Welcome! Your publisher has refreshed the way you'll receive some of your Materials"'

Well that "welcome" was the kiss of death for all my Hearst magazines. I have written to Doorfront Direct muliple times. The delivery person in my area, Middletown, NJ is not delivering any more.

What do I do?

magazine delivery

Hi, My magazine was delivered but it was thrown in my driveway in the rain and it was destroyed. My covered patio was only a few feet away. The magazine is GQ and it is valued at $7.99. Although it has a light plastic cover, it was still soaked thru and destroyed. My address is
David Palmer
17076 South Mesa Shadows Drive
Vail, AZ 85641

My email is [protected]@outlook.com.
I have attached 2 photos.

• La
    laurieanderson49 Jan 26, 2020

Everyone who complains about wet magazines being delivered at the end of their driveway should consider themselves lucky that the magazines were even delivered to them. I don’t subscribe to any magazines but have had about 6 of them dropped at the foot of my driveway that were addressed to other people usually in neighboring towns to mine. Each time this happened, I would notify Doorfront direct about the incorrect delivery. They would always apologize and say that they will forward my email to the “delivery team”. But this kept happening and I filed a BBB complaint against them last month. Since then, I haven’t had any other magazines dropped in my driveway. They seem to have lazy, incompetent delivery people.
    Doorfront Direct is the brand name for the magazine delivery service run by Publisher's Circulation Fulfillment Corp (PCF Corp). Randall Brant is the CEO based in Middletown, NY. It's a subsidiary of Gannett Publishers of newspapers & magazines. I think that Doorfront Direct is trying to undercut the Postal Service in terms of delivery costs.

all magazine subscriptions

We have never ordered nor want any of these magazines!
We have been receiving and do not want:

Carrie O'Bryan: Allure#ALL1516919592/3# AH99 APR20
Carrie O'Bryan: Oprah #OPR1534004922/5# OPR SEP20
Carrie O'Bryan: Marie Claire #MAR1534004922/9# 00007 D/121
Carrie O'Bryan: Harper's Bazarr #HAR1534004922/0# 00008 SEP20

We have never ordered nor want any of these magazines!
We have been receiving and do not want them!

town & country magazine

I did NOT sign up for this! My Town & Country Magazine subscription stopped arriving last summer. I've been a subscriber for several years and have never had a problem with USPS delivery of my magazine(s) prior to this time. I called Town & Country's subscription department (Customer Service) in October to inquire about my missed issues. Was told nothing of the delivery change at that time. They assured me that my subscription would be extended for an additional month. Realizing that I never received any subsequent issues, I called Town & Country's customer service 1-800 number today. My account is in order- all paid, no issues. Why then, I asked, is my magazine not arriving at my home?? I surmised it may have been that a mailing label had not been created, or something of that sort. When the customer service rep looked into this, he said that my magazine was being delivered by DoorFront Direct. What?? Why?? What kind of service is this?? The customer service rep at Town & Country stated that it was because of my zip code. What?? There is absolutely no problem with USPS mail delivery to my home. I may live in somewhat of a rural area, but I'm literally 5 min from the post office! I've lived here for over 10 years and have never had a mail delivery issue. In any case, I've been reading the scathing reviews about this DoorFront Direct "service" and am wondering what kind of "service" this is, and how I was added to their customer list. I haven't received Town & Country since the summer, so I know DoorFront Direct has never been to my mailbox (at the street), let alone my front door! Town & Country was able to remove me from DoorFront Direct's list and put me back on the USPS list, but I'm still aggravated that this happened in the first place. It's apparent that DoorFront Direct is selling magazine subscription departments a bill of goods and isn't living up to promises made. And why is this even a service????

magazine subscription

My bon appetit magazine was delivered this morning which my ring doorbell caught on video... Of the driver rolling up my driveway at 4 in the morning opening his door and literally tossing my magazine into my front yard! It would have taken him 20 seconds to get out of his car and walk to my door where my mailbox is to deliver it. Instead, since I had no idea that a "delivery" took place, it proceeded to sit out in the front yard while snow accumulated on it. It wasn't until I went out to my car and happened to see an odd shape in my yard that I investigated what it was and discovered my magazine sopping wet and went back to review my doorbell videos. This is also not the first time this has happened where i've walked out to my car in the morning and there is a random magazine sitting in my driveway or sidewalk. This is however the first time I was able to capture it on video.

Get your act together and train your personnel on what customer service actually is!

I will be reaching out to bon appetit as well and make it clear that if they use your service again, I will cancel my subscription.

magazine subscription

magazine delivery

This is my third delivery from DoorFront Direct the company that states you no longer have to walk to you mail box to get your magazines we deliver to your door step, well they do not deliver to your door step, my 1st delivery was in a puddle in front of my garage. My second delivery which I wrote a complaint about was in my driveway under my husbands truck which he drove over my magazine when he went to work in the morning at 7 am. This time he saw it at the end of the driveway at the end of the street, apparently the person who tosses it from their car didn't have quite the reach this time... I have a mailbox which by the way is closer to my doorstep than my driveway so I didn't save any steps, also I don't appreciate having my mail driven over left in the street, or stolen that is why I have a mail box to keep it in safe and dry not rained on . DoorFront Direct is the stupidest idea I have heard of in a long time probably thought up by the same people who invent the ridiculous ads on TV which no one watches. I will be getting my magazines at the bookstore from now on or checking with the publishers to make sure they do not use DoorFront Direct before I suscribe.

home delivery

My front door is up my driveway about 300 feet, your people are dropping the magazines (Food Network, HGTV, and House Beautiful) at at the bottom of my driveway where I and wife drive over them, my wife cant stop to pick them off the driveway, the the sprinklers come on and soak them. If you don't stop dropping them on the bottom of my driveway and start driving or waking up the driveway and placing them on my front porch, I will cancel all three mags. MY ADDRESS IS: 3094 RIKKARD DRIVE, THOUSAND OAKS, CALIFORNIA [protected].

2-39-362- [protected], -14, -15

TO THE FRONT DOOR NOW!!!
L. Jensky
3094 Rikkard Drive
Thousand Oaks, Califrnia 91362

[Resolved] magazine delivery

I just came in from shoveling snow and found 2 magazines buried it the ice and snow on the driveway. I would like to get my magazines in my mail box, I do not find it a problem to walk a few feet to get dry mail all in one batch. I would like to hold my magazines along with the rest of my mail when we are going out of town. I would like to receive my magazines in a timely manner, not halfway through the month. They were no where near any door, and when the snowfall is heavier, we hire it done. Nobody on a plow route is going to see them in the snow.
Sara Crawford [protected] AL [protected] Full resolution would be to have the mailman deliver them with my other mail before the 1st of the month. Where have they been sitting? We do have a covered front porch, so they could have been left in a dry place, but I really prefer them in my mail box. My phone number is [protected].

I didn't know I needed to send a picture of them until I thawed them out, removed them from the icy wrappers and found the flyer inside.

Dear "doorfront" reader,
    Would you mind sending us your address so we can look into this right away?
    You may email me directly at [email protected] or return my message via this website.

Julie Musante Feb 16, 2020

I’m cancelling all of the magazines that are delivered by DoorFront Direct. When I receive the magazines, they are nowhere near my door front. They are left at the end of my driveway, on the ground next to my mailbox, where they are driven over any number of times a day before I get them. Since I cannot opt out of a service that nobody asked my permission to do, I will cancel all publications that are delivered to the ground by the street.

"delivering" my magazine subscription to town & country

I'm sending the security video to Town & Country this morning, but this new "delivery" company throws your magazines, skidding on the driveway, within feet of the mailbox to be soaked by the automatic sprinklers. "Saves you time since you dont have to walk out to tour mailbox"??? It was feet from the mailbox on the ground, soaking wet!!! I'm calling Town & County next, I will cancel any magazine that uses this service, currently 4 subscriptions.

Dear Mr/Ms May,
    Would you mind sending us your address so we can look into this right away?
    We want to resolve this matter ASAP.

• Updated by BCMay · Jan 14, 2020

Hi Randall Brant, and thank you sincerely for your response, but I have resolved it by forcing Town & Country to revert to USPS delivery. And any magazine subscription I have that opts for this delivery process will be cancelled if they do not return my delivery to USPS. The internet can be a useful tool at times, and apparently newspaper delivery staff are being paid pennies (.13-.08 cents) to add our beautiful magazines to their routes - and they publicly proclaim it's absolutely not worth it. They refuse to bring it to our doors (not that we asked them to, this was done without our consent). These complaints go back over a year just based on the first page of searching, so there has been more than enough time to resolve this. I applaud entrepreneurship, and maybe it was a great "idea" on paper, but the reality of it is, this service has infuriated subscribers by destroying our lovely issues, and they're going to either penalize the magazine by cancelling outright, or force them to cancel your service. Kindest regards, BC May

[Resolved] magazine delivery in the gutter

RICHARD DONAHUE: COUNTRY LIVING
#CLG22049901396/7#00007 MAR20
Throwing my mail into the gutter where other vehicles park on or drive over is totally unacceptable.
I will notify the magazine service and cancel mags that you deliver.
What a scam operation, but i'm sure you know it.
It renders the product unuseable, unreadable and a waste of money.
You say door delivery but your delivery person does not comply. There is absolutely no need for any company to use your service as it is a complete ripoff to all parties concerned. SCAMMERS are what you are.

• Updated by Richard Donahue · Jan 11, 2020

I want no deliveries from doorfront, if i have to cancel every subscription I will.

Dear Mr. Donahue,
    At Doorfront Direct, we care about your delivery experience -- and we DON'T want you to cancel because of a service issue.

[Resolved] magazines

Delivered to the end of my driveway . Pouring rain. My two magazines were soaked. I do not want this door front directory anymore. Never delivered on my front porch. I will cancel my magazines if this continues. Please stop delivering to my driveway, put it on my porch or as I said I will cancel all my subscriptions. If not go back to delivering by mail. At least I receive them the correct way, and in good shape.

Dear Maelink,

June Ash Jan 14, 2020

My Bon Appetit magazine was left closer to my neighbors driveway than mine. I want this delivered to my DOORFRONT. NOT IN MY NEIGHBOR'S DRIVEWAY!! What do I do when I go on vacation? By US mail I have them hold my mail. At least if this were delivered to my front door, a neighbor would pick it up for me -- but not thrown into the neighbor's driveway!!

June Ash Jan 14, 2020

My Bon appetit magazine was left closer to my neighbor's driveway than mine. I want this delivered to my DOORFRONT not the neighbor's or my driveway. When I go on vacation I have the Post office hold my mail. What do I do when it is thrown into my neighbor's driveway?

[Resolved] food network magazine left out in the snow bank

Not sure when this delivery started but the latest issue of my Food Network magazine was delivered and left out in the snowbank. Thankfully it was in plastic. Super not happy with this delivery. I was not informed it would be delivered like this and I am going to be canceling because of it. This is very unprofessional and totally unacceptable. How is it a time saver of not going to your mail box when you need to dig it out of the snowbank?

Dear Unhappy In Wisconsin,

[Resolved] food network

I don't know who decided on this method of delivery but it does NOT work. The mailbox was much better. I've thrown three issues away because they, like all the others were THROWN and landed in the gutter or on someone else's lawn and were soaked and unreadable. Today I found my issue on the sidewalk in front of my neighbors home. Does the delivery person know what a door is? I'm glad that this was a gift which cost me nothing. I've already told the gift giver not to never send me a subscription again. She's just wasting her money. Maybe some brainless species is driving the delivery vehicle.

Dear Ms. Damore,