Dollar Generalcoupons and cashier

D Review updated:

My husband and I went to pick up a few items and I had a coupon for 1$ off downy unstopable fabric refresh and it was a printed manufatures coupon and the cashier refused to take my coupon and when I explained the coupon policy he stated that I didnt know what I was talking about and called me a thief and that he knew more about the coupons then anyone and that I was a rude untrusting person I purchase alot of the 1$ items because I make cleaning baskets for the elderly couples that live near me I use my own money and all I was trying to do was get a discount with the coupons he refused to scan the coupon and I told him if he did scan it I was going to file a police report for slander he stated that it would not scan and I asked him to do it again and dont fake it well it scanned but I had 4 items and he refused to let me have the 4$ off and told me as I was leaving not to come back into the store ever hes just a kid and a very rude kid my husband was released from the hospital that day and I had to take him back to the er due to the fact that he had a asthma attack and a panic attact because of they way I was treated im a good person and I enjoy helping the elder couples I ask for nothing in return but I was degraded in front of other customers and this boy has no manners

• Updated by Laurice Perotti · Dec 21, 2016

Your Manager Denise should have a drug test and a proper background check she is not what she appears! Unethical behavior did not call the State Troopers its their Jurisdiction not the Sheriffs.

• Updated by Madison newsome · Nov 26, 2017

This lady very rude everything I go in and I'm getting very stick of it. She was there today at 11/26/2017 at 4:50pm. Address 3613 East Lamar Alexander parkway Maryville, Tn. She's around 40 years old. Please fix this. I'll start going down the road to the next dollar General of this isn't resolved

• Updated by kimmccaskill · Apr 29, 2018

out dated cold meds

• Updated by AlabamaBoston42 · Jun 18, 2018

I’ve also submitted complaints to his store and I feel like nothings being done.

• Updated by Mrs. Layla · Jul 19, 2018

Then when you ask them why so much stuff on the floor the poor people try to pick it up. They need men in there that not a woman job. It is way better than how it use to be i respect that lady manager she made the store great but how greedy of them. The grocery store close at 8 why is women working til 10 alone by themselves at night. Where is the head boss sipping tea while these ladies slave. Good job all employees at this store, find another job who gone appreciate you

• Updated by Light My Path · Sep 12, 2018

I need answers

• Updated by Jessica Anthony · Nov 14, 2018

Maleeha Whitley has a bad drug problem

• Updated by Jessica Anthony · Nov 14, 2018

Drug problem she steals from the store to support her habit she also leave work to get drugs

Margret90 Aug 13, 2018

Thank you ladies at store in Harrahan they said 8438. These ladies are amazing i just left out there and have nothing bad to say about those smiles you give when the work load is so terrible. Thank you

• Da
    dawn Roel Aug 14, 2018

I'm Caucasian, my husband is Hispanic, for no good reason the manager called the police and told my husband, out of a crowd of white people, including myself, that he wasn't allowed back in the store, our kids were mortified.

• Dd
    Ddohio Aug 14, 2018

Rude and nasty employee to customers at store #4400. Talk other employee business in front and to customers.

• Do
    Dontcare72 Aug 14, 2018

I work at Dollar General and have way too much to say. Sadly they don't care as corporate proofed to me over the phone today. This is a sad company and I hope I'll be able to find another job soon.

• Mr
    Mrs. Layla Aug 14, 2018

I went in the store Today 7/19/18 i saw these poor people putting up all this stuff with no males to help. Where is they manager enjoy himself/herself while the ones who actually work there slave for little money. That floor is hard as bricks, the cashier always doing a million things besides their job description. Get morr help this not slavery

• My
    myswitchy Aug 15, 2018

Manager working at store is rude, to customers and staff and has a criminal background for domestic abuse and solicitating a prostitute

• Su
    Suzanne Robinson Aug 15, 2018

I bought 15 in P AndG products and wasn't given the $5 off my next visit. All the coupon says is $5.01 or more. I spent 15 again. The clerk told me I had to buy p and g products again! Is that right? It wasn't combined with other discounts

• Pe
    Pecantan Aug 15, 2018

Store was filthy shelves empty music loud Cashier rude. I have been a shopper for years but this store never again. It looked like a junk store the two items I needed plastic forks and spoons empty. Aisles blocked with stock carts 4 of them ridiculously unsafe.

• Gi
    Gigi3681 Aug 15, 2018

Hello I purchase a myvanilla card at your store at 4745 Highway 701 N, Conway S.C 29526 and I lost my receipt so I called up to the store and I also went to get a another one so I can activate my card and they said they couldn't print out another receipt I need it to activate my card because that was my bill money and the only money please help

• Ka
    Kaitlin Elizabeth Whitmer Aug 15, 2018

Miranda is very rude she was outside while the line was super long she came in and smelled like weed and was still on the phone taking guests.

Johnp1967 Aug 15, 2018

Bought hostess powder mini donuts from dollar general in Fredonia ky. Today July 8th 2018.
    The donuts tasted bad kind of moldy, looked at back of package date shows Jul 5 2018.

• Va
    Va beach oceanfront locals Aug 15, 2018

You have a supervisor by the name of Selina dnt know her last best name, , She will hire
    And she dnt like them she dnt put them in the schedule for a week and I was told she been doing this for years and nothing has been done hopefully someone can take a closer look.

samnick2093 Aug 15, 2018

the manger at this store is rude!!! and she thinks she better than everybody because she has a job i know the store has shop lifing problems but she she tackles you outside the store, she use bad languge in front of customer someone need to get that woman out of that store and make the ass.manger the manger very nice woman!!!

• Sd
    sdfsadfwa Aug 15, 2018

On July 13, 2018 purchased a DVD from Store located at 2995 Festival way
    Waldorf, md. DVD was defective, upon returning it, they stated that it was not from their
    store... Where did the dvd come from if it was not theirs and why did it ring up. Stay away from this place.

• Lo
    lolo218 Aug 15, 2018

manager at dollar store on sixth street here in stillwater there is never enough employees at register and the ones that are are rude as hell ...

• Ri
    Richard2223 Aug 15, 2018

The meager at 5453 is ass holl who was not very nice she said that I have to fire you
    For being over to Richard in front of me ...😠😠😠😠😠😬😬😈😈😈😈😈

• De
    Debby Fields Aug 15, 2018

6/16 we bought 3 sets of Google Game Play cards. There was an instant rebate for $5. But at check out it wasn't working. The manager said he'd look into it & to come back next week. Went back on thurs. He still had no answer. He did offer a store credit. Kids want cash not a store credit. I included a copy of the receipts and the sale sticker.

• Wi
    William Coble Aug 15, 2018

When you go to check out you have to wonder around the store and hunt down a cashier and when you find one they are slow slow slow. this especially at the ash grove mo. store. I have watched people walk out several time without paying because the cashier is off someplace else. everyone agrees shopping at Dollar General is done as a last resort.

Joseph R Williams Aug 15, 2018

For the second time this store, #7206, has NO ICE CREAM. WE use this store for convenience since it is only 4 miles away. Most times there is some ice cream, although never a large amount. Recently, it's a gamble to find ice cream on the shelves. There must be a solution, you are losing business.

• Js
    Jshubert Aug 16, 2018

It would be nice if staff was not rude or talked down to you when using coupons. It also would be nice if they understood what they we're reading, as "one coupon pee purchase" does NOT mean only one coupon can be used period. It is aggravating to have constant issues at the somerville and oakland stores even when you work hard to follow all rules.

• Al
    AlabamaBoston42 Aug 16, 2018

The Dollar General Location off 23rd Street in Panama City Beach FL; there is an Employee, I think he name is Kevin. I found said employees instagram using Instagrams explorer page. He has a picture of him flipping the camera off, saying like "F*** my nine to five" I feel like he doesn't respect the company, and I don't know what there is to do.

• Br
    Bryan Harrell Aug 16, 2018

I stop by my local dollar general store 1-3 times a week to buy various things chips drinks snacks etc. I went to buy some beer and was ask to show my I'd im 52 years old and fought in two wars I'm not about to show an I'd to buy a beer. I could understand if I was 35 and appeared young but come on 52?

• Mg
    MG13 Aug 20, 2018

Would not honor online price.

• Ro
    ronnieroo1967 Aug 20, 2018

The store is never stocked properly
    Employs are always talking and slacking and try to make themselves look busy ..when in fact they are just milking the clock..stock is piled in the middle of the isle making moving around a problem..clearance items are not marked properly and clearance shelf is used as a catch all..

• As
    Ashley Moore Crum Aug 20, 2018

I have purchased Cesar dog food twice this week and have not recvd my $5 instant savings either time as advertised. I have a receipt for todays purchase but not tge one from Wed. May 2nd. I would like to get instant savings if thats what is in the sales ad.

• Ro
    rose mull Aug 20, 2018

shopped at the lemoyne pa store the employees were too busy talking. i inquired about bottled water they said rudely if it aunt on the shelf we don't have it. floors were dirty and the restroom had a broken toilet and no paper towels.

• Ea
    easter bunny Aug 20, 2018

Sackets Harbor, New York, Addres: County Rt 75, Sackets Harbor New York 13685, Store # 17286

Cheryl Reed Aug 20, 2018

Dear Sirs:. Did not receive my $5 off coupon. I was told it was deducted from store discounts. Fine print reads you can do it that way, but I felt cheated. Please make it clear as to which way customer will receive discounts. Dissatisfied with the way this was handled. Thank you, . Cheryl Reed

• Te
    Terry Fesperman Aug 20, 2018

I am looking for my brother Shawn V Sullivan 7706 W Henry Ave Tampa. He says he works for Dollar General and goes to different location with in Tampa Bay area. Family emergency... We need to find him. We are getting ready to call the police with a missing person report. If you can help us please please HELP!
    Contact Terry Fesperman 727-420-0703

• Ki
    Kingmichael gaming Aug 20, 2018

Went to ask employee something and they got rude with me

• Ol
    Olean Aug 20, 2018

Very unorganized shelves are always empty
    Let's of boxes in the isles. Very messy looking. Shelves are never stocked with the sale items. Isle ways are very very crowded. I don't understand why supplies are not put away earlierer that the store open. This would help with the congestion in the isle

• Fe
    fedupmary Aug 20, 2018

ASngela bullied works at the delaware ave...kenmore ny 14217...location...she is rude and nasty to customers...i dont understand why they would hire such a person...no communication skills...and she is just plain ole mean to the public

• Un
    Unkndb Aug 20, 2018

Seen worker in old blue truck digging in dumpster after hours putting bags in back of truck she was also with another black truck helping her dig in dumpster looked suspicious

mattlk Aug 20, 2018

I go to my Dollar General store here in Rose Hill VA at least 4 times a week. But now with this new manager I will be going to Walmart which is 15 minutes further. She is that rude!!!

• Be
    BeckyB65 Aug 20, 2018

I shop at the Dollar General in Grayson, Kentucky . After making a trip to DG because you put out the save $15 on $50, It also didn't take the $ 10 P & G off for spending $30 P & G Products. I am informed at the checkout register that the coupon has been cancelled. Purchase: Dollar general Store #04060 03/02/2018 I have attached my receipt.

• La
    Larry Sly Aug 20, 2018

I don't understand why they refuse to sell 1% milk, there are a percentage that drink it, like it, the way I see it not all are being treated the same. The only saving grace to that High dollar store is the people working there.

• Bb
    B Barnett Aug 20, 2018

The DG store @ West Ramada Lane, Carbondale, IL 62901 is absolutely filthy. This store is being neglected and has become a hazard to even shop at. The boxes are never put away and always sitting in the isles. The coolers are full of expired meats and dairy products. There are always bugs and cockroaches running around.

• Sh
    ShaylaRojon Aug 20, 2018

I find it quite unprofessional for a cashier to be sitting at the register eating her lunch. Yet on today's visit, I witnessed it. The store is always junkie, making me not want to go to that location and now this.

#Store01604

Joanne Joachimi Aug 20, 2018

I applied for work at rentz ga store.well the manager Ashley said I had the job and I get a call from her and she sent me to Chester ga store without asking and now she tells me a few days later to apply to dextèr store .I get a separation notice saying personal reasons.i don't understand. Please tell me

• Ta
    tamaram69 Aug 20, 2018

FIX THE STOP SIGN AT THE MARENGO, IL LOCATION! It has been missing for over two weeks! The City of Marengo says it is YOUR responsibility to replace it.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices