Dollar General Complaints & Reviews

Have a problem? Contact customer service, submit your complaint, find closest location, or read guest reviews below.

Dollar Generalracist employee

I was shopping with my daughter and this employee looked at our cart and shook his head. He didn't greet us or speak to us. The only thing he said was what the total was. As he was ringing us up he was huffing and puffing like he was being overworked. He spoke to black customers though as they were coming and going. I enjoy shopping at dollar general but this employee needs to learn some tolerance and some manners really if he doesn't like working with the public maybe he should work in a morgue so he won't have to speak to white people.

Jack 2015 Jun 11, 2018

maybe that’s because they are overworked.. did you ever think of that..?

Dollar Generalwould not help to make are problem any better

was in store #[protected] coral ridge rd brooks KY. bought a tank for our grill when got it home it wouldn't work took it back to exchange it but the lady their wouldn't exchange it and would not give a refund. so we had to go to another another store and bay another tank.i will not go back to that store again.spend almost $ 22.00 for one tank that wasn't any good.

General Dollar — black and mild products

Ok I am a regular customer at all dollar general stores. I pointed out to a cashier at the Robertsdale store...

Dollar General — dollar general complaint - poor store appearance, merchandise, etc.

I frequently visit this store ( 4932 N High St. Columbus, Oh 43214) to purchase items for my household and I...

Dollar Generalhours

The dollar general at 93 Joseph St in Pittsburgh 15227 has the hours posted right on the door 8am to 10pm EVERYDAY! This is the 5th Sunday that they have not been open when they are supposed to be. There is at least 10-15 people standing outside. It is past 9am now and they still are not open. How hard is it to make it to work on time starting at 8?!

Jack 2015 Jun 10, 2018

maybe a mixup in the schedule? but if it has really happened 5 times then idk. keep us updated

Jack 2015 Jun 11, 2018

yes they do in fact do that sometimes.

Jack 2015 Jun 11, 2018

wait no. dude I was talking about the schedule.. not the store hours..

Dollar Generalservice

I'm a customer if the store 10506 in lake worth Florida someone please need to do something about this place they don't have working bathrooms, the a/c don't work, the registers are always getting frozen and is not the girls that are working at this store fault they do work very hard and always friendly but the general manager is never here and when the girls try to call him for help he is never willing to help them he doesn't want to be bother because he is with his family or at his second job I don't think is fair the way he treat this girls at this store

Jack 2015 Jun 09, 2018

contact the district manager and express your opinion to them. that’s my advice. good luck.

Dollar Generalservice

Yes I was in the store today and noticed that there was only one employee working which seems to be the issue on a regular basis. I know because I visit the store on a regular basis so I know just about all the employees. Such as how I watched the new assistant manager from the day she started in december. Since she started the store has change in a great way. The store is cleaner, it's easy to find items and when lavonne is working she takes the time to help customers find items as well. So when I came in today see was the only one there. As I was at the checkout she received a phone call which sounded like joy the manager I could hear her ask lavonne if she was ok and she replied yes. Then joy stayed that if lavonne needed her she would come in after she finished her pool tournament this evening. I told mrs. Lavonne that the store would be closed by that time...
          The manager is hardly there to support the store so ask lavonne why she don't take over the since she is always there. And I brought to mrs. Lavonne that there were rat dropping by the cooler and some goibg into the stock room in the back

Dollar Generalpowerade 8 pack sold for $5

The store in austin arkansas on hwy 367 had cut the 8 packs into 4 packs and were selling them for $3.50 each. We showed the cashier, colen, a picture of the shelf we got them from with the price. Another associate said they could not override the price because they had no 8 packs in stock. Colen looked at the product and saw where they had been cut. We told both colen and the other associate that we had bought them at other stores for that price they acted like we didn't know what we were talking about. We told them we would go to another store to shop and as we were walking out colen looked at another customer and started laughing at us. Very unprofessional behavior.

powerade 8 pack sold for $5

Jack 2015 Jun 09, 2018

omg dude relax. DG does sell 4 packs. these were just put in the wrong spot. simple mistake.

Dollar General — management at store # 13994

The DG store # 13994 located on Hwy 115 in Deville LA is about 3 miles from my house is such a horrible...

Dollar Generalemployee and manager

Today I visited Dollar General Store #11138? on Paris Road in Chalmette LA just as I have everyday sometimes multiple times a day seeing as I live close by. I went to purchase Kool Aid packets. When I walked in there were three employees behind the registers, Jenna, Summer and the manager Charlotte who was sitting on the floor behind the registers. Jenna was the only employee to greet me. I find my Kool Aid and go to the registers, the line was pretty long as Jenna was the only one actually working. She then asked one of the other two to open up a register and Summer did but doing so with an attitude and was not happy about having to actually work. Summer took me in her line and as she rang up my packets she very loudly stated "You got the Kool aid where's the sugar?" I told her I already had sugar at home. she then stated "You people can't have Kool aid with no sugar y'all put two pounds of sugar in y'all's Kool aid!" Charlotte just laughed and did not reprimand her employee as she should have done and Jenna stated how racist Summers comment was and just shook her head is disbelief. I was appalled and had no idea how to respond without going off and causing a scene. So I paid for my Kool Aid and left. Let me clear the confusion by saying I am a Black Male and all three employees are White Females. I am in this store everyday. There are two other employees who are pleasant which is the Assistant Manager and another cashier with glasses who was just recently hired. Both of them are White Females as well so I can Not say the entire staff is racist and highly unprofessional. Summer and Charlotte are ridiculously over paid and have been a problem before. Summer is rude not only to customers but Vendors as well as her fellow employees and Charlotte doesn't do anything about her. She laughs and makes excuses for Summers behavior. I've seen it with my own two eyes and have familiarized myself with the employees best I can. Like I said I'm in there almost everyday multiple times a day. But after today, If I see Charlotte or Summer working, I will walk out and go to another store without purchasing a thing. I have told anyone and everyone I know about this and they too will not go there anymore. The good should not have to suffer for the bad and I know Boycotting this store over two people with cause the other great employees you have possibly a job.. But get rid of the two bad apples you have and you're tree will blossom. Sad that I had to endure such Rudeness and Racism in a store I spend a lot of money in.

• Updated by StormSouth · Jun 09, 2018

Not going Back. Will go to Family Dollar instead.

Dollar Generaldollar general employees

When I go to the General down the street the women who work there act ignorant and rude almost every time. They can't even say hi or hello at any given point while I am in the store or at the checkout line.

I said this to one lady who works there (The tall black lady). I said why don't you ever say hi to me. She started yelling for about 5 minutes in front of customers. I couldn't even make out what she was saying because she was acting so hostile. She was still yelling as I walked out of the store. This happened last week.

Maybe she was mad because I reported the Puerto Rican manager there for making fun of me for being on food stamps.
                Which I thought was beyond rude and unprofessional.

This tall black lady yelling at me was extremely unprofessional as well. There was a line of customers there.

She sure made my point about it not being a friendly store. (How hard is it to say hi to a customer?)
                Too hard for her and other cashiers there. but not too hard for her to yell like a maniac in front of a line of customers.

This is not the first time things like this have happened to me there. The overweight short black lady that works there accused me of stealing before in front of a line of customers.

Of course I wasn't stealing and she had no proof at all. I think she was just trying to embarrass me. These ladies seem to be judging me because I am on food stamps as if they have no friends on food stamps.

I like your prices and your store is close to my home. I would like to shop there but some of your cashiers are beyond ignorant and rude and hateful.

Please reply to my complaint.

I have worked in stores and restaurants before and I could not imagine not being fired fr treating customers like that.

(It's like they are intentionally trying to drive customers away)

The store I am referring to is on 56 st in Temple Terrace Florida close to Gibson ave.
                Crystal is the store manager. She is always nice.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Michael Relano

Dollar General — service there

This happened at dollar general in Chicopee ma, I don't know employees names I have never felt more angry...

Dollar Generalstore manager?

Very RUDE blonde female store employee in Greenville, Mo (possibly manager) practically accused my boyfriend of shoplifting cause he shops in there more than once a day. He was humiliated and very offended especially if you knew how much we BOTH spend in there weekly because in this small town theres no other place to shop outside of a small grocery store.
                  She was out of hand and with her bad attitude, I personally don't think she needs to work with the public. Thank you.

Dollar Generaldollar general store

It's pretty pathetic when the manager at greenwood ave, dollar general in zanesville, ohio does nothing. Hires her friends in without even giving them an interview. Giving all of the head employees lesser hours and giving it to her friends. It's actually in the handbook that the employees are supposed to get a set amount of hours yet it seems like the district managers don't want to actually do their job and get on this new manager. It's pathetic when all of the other employees actually do work (all on camera) yet the so called district manager gives the credit to the manager. Um no. As a corporation, working with other human beings, it's called teamwork, not sit on your [censored] and make tons of mistakes but get praised for doing nothing. Congratulations dollar general, you really don't know how to properly hire people and keep a close eye on them. Very unprofessional in a corporation.

• Updated by Anon1943 · Jun 13, 2018

I’m pretty sure the district manager is marking these complaints as resolved when they clearly are not. Be careful, cameras don’t lie.

Dollar Generalstore and store manager

The dg in bogata texas is horrible! It is always filthy and you can not get down the aisles! Today is one of the worst days I have seen. They need to close at night to stock shelves. They bring out racks and racks of things and have them sitting all over the store. Something is going to fall on someone and injure them. This store needs help and apparently manager mike is not doing the job. Our closest towns with others stores are 20 minutes away but most people have started driving that distance because our store is so bad. That's a shame! They get complaints, clean it up some for a week or 2 and then it's a disaster again.

Dollar Generalworkers

Went into Dollar General in Mount Vernon, Al tonight!! Over heard two employees talking about someone that just quit! It's very unprofessional to be carrying on gossip about someone! If that person would've overheard this then it could've been a problem! While these two was in the back talking the young lady at the register had a few people in line with no help. I now see why this store is always losing good help because just from tonight i can tell how drama is started at that store!

Dollar General 460 East Salem Turnpikecell phone verizon moto g

Went to the store on 6/7/18 to purchase a cell phone the assistant scanned a Moto E phone without my knowledge. I realized n the parking lot it wasn't the phone I wanted to purchase. So I took the phone back she then told me she couldn't sell the Moto G because she couldn't get it to scan right. I feel like I was bullied into buying​a phone without my knowledge

Dollar Generalemployment

When the manager puts one person in a store for hours by their self is that ok? Knowing this person has family she is closing every night and in there for 3 hours if not more every evening by herself. Is it ok to do your employees like this? I don't understand what Kind of Environment This is or what kind of manager does her assistant like that, but apparently in Hamersville, Ohio she is getting away with this and corporate has not stepped in to take control of the situation that she is causing.

Dollar General Store Manager Coxsackie, N.Y — a woman named michelle gagliardy, store manager

Hi, I love Dollar General, because of its great prices, but mostly because of its Southern style hospitality...

Coxsackie

Dollar Generaltraining store manager

The new store manager at store 3080 in Moore Oklahoma is rude as hell, she doesn't know how to talk to people, she has a very bad attitude, talks smart to people when your trying to tell her something, if the store doesn't start looking for someone else this store won't make it. I have heard her get into it with some of the merchandisers that come in the store and most of them are very nice and friendly and very helpful so I don't know what the managers problem seems to be.