Dish Networkfraud and overcharging!

A

Signed a written 18 month contract with Dish on 6/8/07. I paid $49.99 as activation fee with written term it would be refunded on my first bill.

My written contract was $44.00 per month.

Instead, my first bill was $145 for the first two months and they charged me again for the $49.99 "activation fee" for a total of $175.00, when I should have been charged $88 for the first 2 months MINUS the $49.99 activation fee REFUND for a total bill of $38 -- NOT $175. I phoned 3 times, was put on hold for 45 minutes (so you'll hang up and give up) told them this was contract FRAUD, and they were rude and did not listen and refused to correct the bill. They also told me I had to print out and send in a "rebate form" or I would be charged $54.00 per month when my contract says $44. I said zero "rebate" requirement is on my written contract, it was a full contract wherein all terms must be fully disclosed, and I was not going to take my valuable time to do anything NOT ON THE CONTRACT. Two billing flunkies and 2 supervisors were rude and refused and I hung up.

Additionally, the installer was supposed to be at my home at 8AM and did not arrive until 7PM after wasting my entire day waiting and having to phone them repeatedly to ask when, if ever, they were going to get there.

I am going to pay what I owe and not a cent more. If they send me another FRAUDULENT BILL or cut off my service I will sue them in Small Claims for the maximum $7500 for fraud, for denial of service and breach of contract, for my hours of time on the phone, and for my time waiting for the installer and for punitive damages. This is OUTRIGHT FRAUD!!! An attorney could make a great class action suit. We should do it. Direct TV was just as bad, overcharging every month.

DO NOT LET THEM BILL YOU AUTOMATICALLY!!! They charged one woman's credit card $575 fraudulently.

• Ki
    Kitchens Sep 08, 2019

We have used DISH 12 years. Back in December, 2015 we were gone and not available to pay December, 2015 bill. Upon arrival back home January, 2016, we paid the December 2015 bill along with the January, 2016 bill. Since that time DISH has billed us an additional $10.00 per month which now comes to $440.00 paid DISH that was NEVER owed. DISH has been called numerous times since then and I was last on the telephone with a DISH representative September 7, 2019 over two hours. DISH insists we've been late since we were gone December, 2015 and refused to refund our money and even had the audacity to tell me "I will give you a little break, but this is a one time offer which will never be offered again. If you do not pay the amount we indicate owed you will never have another opportunity to get anything back from us."
    NOTE: Throuth the 12 years we've been with DISH, we :NEVER missed a payment, excluding the month abwent which was paid in full along with the next bill. DISH talks to us like we don't know anything, although I hold a Bachelor's and Master's Degree and my wife is a doctor holding three degrees. Needless to say we are totally and completely fed up with DISH. Our residence is way out in the country allowing us to use DISH or Direct TV only. This complaint is being reported to the BBB and anyone else necessary.

• Mi
    Missyme82 Sep 01, 2014

This company has stolen from my family to

• Mi