Complaints & Reviews

eBay

I made a purchase with eBay in 2017 for a pair of Gucci bloom slides. I PURCHASED, not SOLD. Therefore, why on earth would I (the buyer) need to pay any fees other then the price of the sale? I received a letter in the mail from CBE group stating that I owe them $96.93 for this 2017 purchase. First of all, why would I be receiving this now? Second, why on earth would I even think to pay them for a purchase that I made? If I was selling the item then I would understand there are selling fees however this is not the case. This CBE group seems fraudulent to me. I called them up and they insisted that I owed them $96.93 despite the fact that THEY KNEW it was a purchase and not a sale. I am confused by this whole thing, as well as eBay because I reached out to customer service and they stated to me that they never charge for someone who is making a purchase. I have records of the conversations with eBay. I just want this resolved

Scam

I received a letter (second time in one year) about an overdue amount on an eBay account #[protected]. I do not have a eBay account. CS#21-[protected]. It states "unless you notify us in 30 days, this office will assume this debt is valid." The [protected] number is just an answering front that gives you the runaround, and can never get you to a supervisor. After several attempts to transfer to a supervisor, the line would go dead. Their address is a P.O. Box, which should sound some alarm bells. The payment portion, that wants your credit card info, is a poor attempt of a photocopy. I notified the local sheriff's office fraud division, they referred me to the better business bureau, they referred me to the BBB in Iowa; nothing happened there either as it was a P.O. box. Somebody has to do something. Florida has some very strict elderly laws, but that went no where either. Don't fall for this SCAM!

• Sm
    Smilee426 Mar 21, 2018

I have an account in their collections and told them I am a commission based employee... I get paid once a month on the 23rd.. told them I could take care if it then and I was trying to get an equity loan to pay off some things and refi my home..2 days before I could make the payment, they hit my credit report again!! lowering my score by 24 points... screwing my chances of getting ahead.
    Shame on you cbe... I made arrangements and you screwed me!!

• Cb
    CB22 Mar 09, 2020

We received a letter from CBE Group regarding a debt from Verizon Wireless, my company has never had an account with Verizon Wireless. They are now calling to try and collect on that debt that does not exist.

The company banned my account

The company CBE Group provides the worst services. They somehow banned my account and no one warned me about it. I understood that something has happened with my account, because I couldn’t log in. I tried to contact them, but the rep hanged up after he heard my name. I think that they have done something with my account and it was terrible situation. I have no proof, but I need help to solve this problem.

loujdln Oct 06, 2015

Close your account down right away. Get another one at a different bank and NEVER, EVER GIVE OUT YOUR BANK INFO, OR PERSONAL INFO again to anybody that is them or like them!

Resolved Harassing phone calls

This company keeps calling me every single day at 9:30 AM. I have spoken to them a few times and told them I...

Resolved Wanting my banking info

They called my home number, which is my number... not my husbands... claiming they where trying to collect on a previous debt from direct tv... I explained he had been incompacitated and I have had to take over and handle his debts.. initially they wanted like 750.00... I told them I still have the equipment and could turn it back in ... they said that was no longer possible. however did hehaw around and agree to lower the debt to 490.66... with arrangements for me to pay off in 3mnths... I agreed to do this under the condition they send me an email or some form of confirmation on the agreement we had made... they claim they are not aloud to do this... yet I am to trust giving them my bank rounting info... What should I do????? Sincerly Elizabeth

• Ga
    Garry Meyer Aug 11, 2011

Dont give them a dime. This is under your ex's name and it's his problem. Not yours. Never give out your bank routing number to anyone under any condition. You have no idea what kind of person is on the other end of that phone line. Sure they will give your routing number to the company and they have no soul and no heart. They will take every dime you have. Then they say they are sorry but atleast the bill is paid. I know, I have done it and been through it. Not with these jerks but with another one. And that wasn't my debt either.

loujdln Oct 06, 2015

If they can't give you what you asked for, then they are a scam. Call Attorney General, and the FTC has a complaint page you can go to, turn them in. I call Lexington Law, they have always done right by us. And whatever you do DONOT GIVE THEM ANY INFO ABOUT YOU----PERSONAL OR BANK INFO. and try not to have to talk to them.

Resolved Legal thieves

CBE group inc. are thieves. They are a debt collection agency, and my experience with them has been horrible. They will call you 3 times a day for months and leave threatening and scary voice mails. Finally we gave in and gave them our account number because they told us that if we mailed them a payment it wouldn't fix our credit, so the only way to repair our credit was to give them our account number, so against my better judgement we did. At first everything was ok, they took out a payment of $150.00 on the date prior agreed. Then we called and scheduled our next payment, which was to be at the end of May, they were to take out 150.00 at the end of the month, every month. Now let me put this in perspective for you - our first payment was Apr. 30 (end of month 1) this "payment" that CBE took out was May 1. Thats $300.00 in 2days! NOT WHAT WE AGREED. They are taking out $150.00 at the end of the week every wee, instead of the end of the month, every month and refuse to give us our money back or to relinquesh our account number. THIEVES! CBE - YOU CAN HELP BY GIVING ME BACK MY ACCOUNT NUMBER AND THE MONEY YOU STOLE FROM ME AND NEVER CONTACTING ME AGAIN.

loujdln Oct 06, 2015

We had a company called liberty acquisitions do this to us, we paid them the $295. they said we owed, but we paid $300. in a cashiers check from a bank. and from then on we paid thru a certified letter, they had to sign and we got the receipt, and that told us they got their money, they had to sign to get what we sent them, and we were told whatever we sent them and they kept it, the payment was paid. We turned them into The Attorney General and FTC. We are no longer paying them anything. Oh did I mention, besides the $295. they wanted $1, 918. and court costs of $796.? JUST CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT, GO TO ANOTHER BANK, AND OPEN ANOTHER ACCOUNT, THEY CAN NOT DRAW ANYMORE OF YOUR MONEY OUT. We also talked to Lexington Law, that was some of their advice. DON'T EVER GIVE YOUR INFO OUT TO NOBODY, JUST TELL THEM YOU DON'T HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARD.

Resolved Very very rude people on the phone

We received 4 calls in 2 days from this company with very very rude people on the phone - not willing to tell first who they are and what they want, but asking all kind of "verification questions" we refused to answer, just to hear "you have no choice". That was threatening at least! When we looked up here i did realize what this is for company. same - they are looking for someone else with same name. lets see if they will stop calling after i asked them to not to call again wrong number.

Resolved Lies, lies, lies

CBE group reps claim to be various organization employees AKA Citibank when dealing with collections pertaining to those clients accounts. They are nothing more than a collection agency and a cease and desist order should be filed against them immediately upon contact about any account that this economy might have forced you to be delinquent on. DEAL with ONLY the original creditor. If you can not call the customer service number located on your normal monthly invoiced bills from the original creditor and get the help you seek, write the original creditor a letter and explain your intent to pay them and only them. If they refuse, you then have a case against them to have these balances dismissed and all collection activity to cease. I have done this twice and have done so successfully. NEVER PAY A COLLECTION AGENCY. This will actually hurt your credit score.

I fully expect them to reply with yet more lies to consumers. Remember is doesn't even take a GED to become a collection agent. Are these the kind of people YOU would trust to tell the truth?