Dish Networkfalse advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service

H

I had a similar experience with the Dish Network. The salesman for Dish told me we had 60 days to cancel with no fees, after we mailed the equipment back we got a bill for $400. Several years later and supposedly a little wiser we hesitantly decided to try Direct Tv. This time i made sure to ask all the right questions about billing and cancellation. I was promised a 30 day trial period no strings attached, the salesman even told me they knock off another $10 from the bill if you pass a credit check.

Direct tv was installed on a friday in march-07. We signed up for the plus package- 185 channels/hbo & cinemax free for 3 months for $44.99, no dvr included. The following monday we received a bill from them for $59.99. I called to question and correct the amount. I had to speak with several people getting different answers and reasons about the bill amount. When i mentioned cancelling the service i was told i would be fined because i exceeded their 7 day cancel policy its not 30, then i was "accidentally" disconnected.

When i called back after jumping through several hoops, the next person tells me its not 7 days, you only have 3 days to cancel from activation, then i was "accidentally" disconnected again.

Several weeks later we get a second bill for $59. Now we owe them for 2 months and we've only had service for a little over 5 weeks. Several days later they shut off our service.

During this experience with direct tv i've learned several facts:

1- customer service is lousy, they are either all stupid or they are all lying about everything.

2- direct tv will terminate your service within a 40 day period or sooner if a single bill is not paid, even a new customer.

3- in order to get the advertised package prices, you need to mail in a rebate form that takes 6-8 weeks and no interuption of service to qualify. This redemption can be ended at the discretion of direct tv at any time which can send your bill back up.

4- the installer doesnt have you sign anything. Your first bill is considered your contract with the terms of agreement and is also your redemption form to get the rebate for a lower bill.

5- direct tv's billing is pro-rated, this fancy word means your actually paying ahead for the service before you use it instead of after.

6-after your service is shut off, they will obviously call and try to collect the money, but they will also try to get you to cancel so they can add another $300 to your bill.

My best advice to anyone thinking about ordering directv is not to do it. They smack of false advertising and hidden details and poor customer service. If you already have directtv, do not cancel the service because they will bill you $300 or more on top of the monthly bill you owe. Your actually better off just not paying the bill... this way if they shut your service off, and you dont cancel, they cant even ask for the box back.

If your service is shut off, make sure you unplug the box right away because they can actually keep billing you month to month. This is because they dont actually kill the signal to the box, you still get a couple channels, but the only thing you can really watch are pay per view and the 24 hour ad channels.

RESOLVED

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, My name is Dan Busa with Dish Network's customer service department. While the new customer promotion is offerred exclusively to new customers, we have other offers for existing customers. Feel free to e-mail me and we can review some options my e-mail is : [email protected]etwork.com.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, my name is Dan Busa I work in customer service at Dish Network I read your complaint, it seems this issue should be very simple to resolve, and I'd be eager to get this up and running for you please email me at: [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, my name is Dan Busa I work for Dish Network customer service . I would very much like to address your billing/ signal issues. On the billing you can actually turn off the auto pay or if youd like keep it and receive statements. If you'd like further details you can e-mail me at: [email protected]

Memsha,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network Customer Service. I apologize for the experience you had with upgrading your service. I would be more than happy to look into this matter to see if anything can be done for you. Please contact me at [email protected]

Hi,

My name is Ray Calo with the Dish Network Customer Service. I saw your post and wanted to respond with some information on your situation. Without looking at your account I can't say why the restart fee was needed to restore your service. Some accounts do require a payment before restoration. If you would like for me to research this issue in more detail, I would be happy to. Please contact me at [email protected]

Hi,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I read your post and I apologize for the bad experience you had with this issue. I would be more than happy to look into this matter for you to see if we can resolve this matter for you. You can contact me at my email address, [email protected]

• Updated by Daniel [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, My name is Daniel Busa I work with Dish Network customer service. I would be eager to help resolve this, If your still having issues e-mail me at: [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Dec 23, 2010

This is Kaia S from DISH Network Customer Service. I want to apologize that you did not receive a response from our Dispute Resolution Department and that your experience was less than great. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service. When a customer makes a request to cancel services there are business and legal disclosures that are required to be read to the customer before successfully disconnecting and account. If these disclosures were not given prior to the phone call being ended, that may be why the account was not disconnected as requested. Upon cancellation of the account the equipment is required to be returned and DISH Network will only add $15 to the account if the shipping labels provided by the company are used. We charge this to the account because UPS charges for those shipping labels. I hope that this clears up any unanswered questions. Please feel free to respond to this if I can answer anything else for you.

• Updated by Ray [email protected] Network · Dec 23, 2010

Dave,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I came across your post and wanted to apologize for any bad experiences you had when calling in to our customer service agents. I would be more than happy to address any issues you may be having with your service. As far as your signal issue, your dish may need to be realign so you don't lose signal every time you have any weather come through your area. Please contact me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss this further.

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Dec 23, 2010

This is Kaia S from DISH Network customer service. I want to first apologize that you had a poor experience with our company. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service. When an order is placed but an installation is not completed, we give a full refund for any amount already paid. If you have not received the $47.68 refund please respond to this. I would be more than happy to assist in getting this resolved for you. Once again, I am sorry that this was not taken care of for you when you initially requested the refund.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Dec 23, 2010

Hello my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service; I first want to say I am sorry A.Reddy that you had a bad experience with us. We always try and accommodate our customers in any questions they may have about everything from billing to technical and general questions about receivers and equipment. On our PPV or On Demand channels to order we understand that a movie can be ordered accidently so we added more steps (a total of 3 commands) to order one of our pay movies, when that happens please notate the time and movie and call us as soon as you can so we can get that cleared up on the account. It is easier for us to clear an accidental PPV order as soon as it happens. Please repost to this if you have anymore questions.

• Updated by [email protected] · Dec 23, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change. Since we are dedicated to providing the lowest cost to our customers, there may be times we enter in a contract dispute with a network provider. We understand that this may affect current shows or packages you are watching so we work hard to fight for a fair deal on behalf of our customers to prevent a large price increase. When you cancel services the equipment has to be sent back within 30 days to avoid additional charges. We do not have the capacity to store returned equipment in our local offices due to the amount of new equipment needed for customers in your area. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use, if there is a charge from the retailer you would have to contact them since the funds were never provided to DISH Network. If you still have concerns about your bill or an increase you can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 26, 2010

Hi this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network. I have reviewed your post and I am sorry to hear that you a bad experience with the return of your equipment. We take disclosures very seriously and I can assure you that we have measures in place that ensure they are given whenever needed. I would like to assure you that you generally save money by using our packaging as it is only $15 per shipping label (in your case it sounds like 2 labels were used), which is as low as half the cost of other couriers. We do value your feed back and continue to strive for best in class customer service to our potential and existing customers alike. I would like to ensure that your concerns are addressed, if you would like any clarification on anything mentioned above please contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 26, 2010

Hi this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network. I am sorry to hear that you are no longer a DISH Network customer. I can assure you we do take your feed back very seriously and continue to strive for best in class customer service for our potential and existing customers alike. You mentioned that your bill went up within the 6 months and you were not satisfied with our services, I would like to help. Please contact me via e-mail at [email protected] for further assistance.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Dec 27, 2010

Hello this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support here. Just ran across your post and wanted to apologize for any inconveniences you might have experienced with DISH Network. We appreciate your business as a loyal customer to our company. The free HD for life promotion comes with 2 options as far as signing up for it. The first option would be a 24mth agreement and credit card auto pay on the account. The second option we have is a one time $99.00 fee to get the promotion free for the rest of the life of the account with DISH Network. If you decide to go for the second option there is no requirements for a commitment or auto pay. Monthly our regular price towards an HD package is $10.00. a month, in one year you would still save $20.00 the first year. Our new customers are also given the same options. With the Service Plan warranty being on the account it allows us to replace the equipment being leased for free. It covers shipping and handling charges and it makes the cost of a technician visit $15.00 instead of $95.00 providing you tech visit a 60 day warranty. I would really like to help you in any way that I can if you feel the need to contact me directly feel free to do so at [email protected]

• Updated by AliciaB_dish · Dec 28, 2010

Hi is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. We offer great promotions to all customers. Some promotions will be limited to new customers; however, we have promotions for existing customers as well. Each promotion will have restrictions and qualifications. You are able to see most of these promotions online. Once you are logged into your account there is an option on left side for offers. You can also receive special promotions via email, mail, or commercials.

• Updated by AliciaB_dish · Dec 28, 2010

Hi my name is Alicia Brink I am with the DISH Network. I do apologize that there was some confusion with this issue. I would be very willing to help clarify the function and capabilities for the receivers; the receiver is capable of controlling two TV’s independently. If you are recording a show it will borrow the functions from the other TV. There are ways to disable this function to prevent needing an upgrade. If you would like more information on the features of your equipment please visit us at our web site or email me at [email protected]

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 02, 2011

Hello there, this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. Just ran across your post and wanted to inform you I would be more than happy to look into any issues for you. I truly apologize for any inconveniences you experienced with DISH Network. The most important things that we need back as far as returning equipment are the receiver boxes and remote controls. If for any reason the other equipment is not possible to return that would be ok we can rearrange that for you. We truly value your business as a DISH Network customer and would really like to get this resolved for you. please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Jan 03, 2011

Hello Billy Crabtree, my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service. I am very sorry you had a bad customer service experience with us. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and keep you a happy DISH Network customer. I would like to go over your account with you to get this resolved. Please respond to this post and we will get this resolved.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Jan 03, 2011

Hi Eimire my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service. I want to say I am sorry you had a bad customer service experience. We always try and make every customer a happy one; I was hoping to see if there are anymore questions or issues I can help with. Please respond to this post if you have any questions I will be checking in to see if you have.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 06, 2011

Hello there, this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. Just ran across your post and wanted to apologize for the inconvinience you have been experiencing with our equipment. I understand how frustrating that can be for you. We would be more than happy to help you and find the best resolution to your problem. PLease feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] i would like to further look into this for you and determine what the issue may be and go over the equipment on your account .

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 15, 2011

Hi, JJ77! We're currently in the process of negotiating a new contract with MSG and are hopeful to get it settled in the near future. I encourage you to check this website, http://www.greedymsg.com, for some in-depth information about this.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 17, 2011

Hello there! this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. I just ran across your post here and wanted to truly apologize for the inconvinience you have experienced with DISH Network. Unfurtunetly the B4U package is no longer for sale, is a package we no longer provide. I apologize for the misinformation and frustration this has caused you. I would like to help you and further look into this for you, once again sorry if you feel you were not treated fairly. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know I thank you for your business as a DISH Network customer. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jan 26, 2011

Hello my name is Michael Hurst with DISH Network Executive office. I would like to first start off with apologizing for the customer service that you have received from us. I have read your post and understand the situation. With our billing there are a number of days before the services are interrupted or even cancelled. Payments are due 20 days after bill is sent out; if the bill isn’t paid by that time services will still continue. We would charge a late fee of $5.00 if payment isn’t made 30 days after bill was sent out. If the account reaches 55 days without payment then the services would be interrupted until amount is paid to restore the service. The account isn’t cancelled until it reaches 70 days without payment, if there is leased equipment then you would be charged for the equipment until it was returned or account restarted. When accounts still have a balance for a total of 87 days then it’s sent to collections for the balance that is owed. We do send reminders through the receiver, email if it’s provided to us, and phone calls. If you have any questions or concerns please respond to this post.

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Jan 29, 2011

Hi there, my name is Kaia S and I work for DISH Network. I came across your post and would like to help. I would first like to apologize that your experience with DISH has been less than the best. It is our goal to provide the best customer service to all of our customers. As this post was several months back, I would like to follow up to see if the issue has been resolved yet. With some promotions that we offer, like free HBO/Showtime, there are certain eligibility requirements. In order to figure out what was going on with your account, I would need your account information. If you would like my assistance in getting this resolved, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Feb 02, 2011

j.kahn, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network. I'm sorry for the frustration of those PPV's being ordered. I would be glad to look at the account and see what is going on with that with you. You can reach me here or email me at [email protected]

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Feb 07, 2011

Hi sheralynn my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network, I was going over your post and I wanted to clarify some things with you regarding your account. DISH Network has many different programming packages and we do offer a discount off the package price for the year. If the customer credit qualifies they will get there programming, install and equipment with no money down and just the first months bill. We do allow up to 6 rooms of DISH Network and that would be 3 leased dual receivers, we always include the first or most expensive receiver and for the 2nd and 3rd receiver boxes there is a monthly fee. DISH carries the most state of the art equipment which includes our dual SD/HD DVR Dual receivers, if our customer wants the DVR receiver the is a $6.00 monthly fee that allows the receiver to Record, Rewind, Fast Forward and Pause recorded or live TV. I do hope this information will clear up any questions you may have had, I will leave my e-mail for you if you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer. [email protected]

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Feb 07, 2011

Hi Avital Alkoby my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network, I do want to say I am very sorry you did not receive your HD you were paying for. I was going over your post and there was an issue with the switch you had installed for HD. I wanted to check in and see where everything is at or did it get resolved, I would like to look over the account and check all the notes on your account to check the dates of install of the HD. I will leave my e-mail so you can message me directly. [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Feb 27, 2011

Hello, my name is Kaia S and I work in the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I read your post and would like to apologize for the experience that you had with our customer service department and the manager that you spoke with. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service and it is our goal to do whatever possible in order to make sure that your experience with our company is positive. There are several factors that have an impact when upgrading to newer or more advance equipment. In order to further assist you and explore all options for the upgrade, I would need to access your account. If you would like me to look into this further, please email your account information and contact information to me directly at [email protected] and I’d be happy to assist.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 01, 2011

Hello, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Networks Executive Offices. I know how frustrating it is when many things come up. As gkenigmatic said we have no control over what the programmers put on their individual stations. You can always contact them to discuss that part. As for the bill being high, in these times it can get rough. Again as gkenigmatic mentioned you can always contact us and check out possibly changing your packaging to be more affordable. I can assist you with that portion if you want. If so you can reach me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 05, 2011

ericarae86, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network Executive Offices. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your bill going up. It doesn't seem like it was explained very well.

The reason the first bill has 2 HBO credits is because we bill a month in advance. That way when you remove it at the end of the 3 month period you get a credit back on your bill for the month so you don't owe anything.

On 2/1 we did have an annual price increase, as all companies have, which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. As for the $6, that is a promotion for our Service Plan fee. It's free for the first 6 months then is $6 a month after, which you can call in and remove if you'd like to save that $6.

Again I am sorry for the increases with no explanation and hope this helps clear some of it up. If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected]!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 16, 2011

Hey, RKT-1970, I see you have an issue of a cancellation fee that you need to get worked out. You explained you and your husband both having not been aware of what you were signing when the technician presented you with the paperwork during the installation. It is an unfortunate situation you folks went through and we do apologize about that. With our agreements, we try very hard to be as fair as possible to everyone by enforcing this fee at all times when it should apply. Given that, the fee does need to stand as you chose to sign the contract.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 30, 2011

ydepre, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network Executive Offices. I know how frustrating price increases can be. Unfortunately price increases happen to all companies in the pay-tv industry.

These increases can consist of how much programmers charge to carry their stations, along with equipment/services/etc.. Our change this year was $5, whereas other companies increased theirs by an average of $4-$8. The good news on this is on 2/1 we introduced a price freeze on our America's Top/DISH America programming until 2013!

I do not believe you can get TV5 channel alone, but we may be able to change your services to help save you some money. If you'd be interested in that or have any other questions/concerns feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 05, 2011

Amany Soliman, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I'm sorry to hear you're still getting bills after cancelling. If you'd like to email me at [email protected] then I can definitely check this out and see what can be done to help you, and get this resolved.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Apr 10, 2011

Hello my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network Executive Office, I am very sorry we lost you as a customer we do appreciate all of our customers. We not only have New Customer Promotions we have Existing Customer Promotions, the Existing Customer Promotions do depend on a couple of things such as billing history and the offers available at the time of the customer asking. If you have any questions or concerns for me please e-mail me directly at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 12, 2011

cbroussard, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I understand it can be frustrating when equipment doesn't work as expected, or fees are charged.

The receivers do not have to warm up before any functions work, however it is possible it may be caused by something else in the area. For example some LCD TV's generate interference as they warm-up preventing the remote from working normally.

If you'd like me to look into that further or at the account feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 19, 2011

Mill Choi, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I'm sorry for the frustration caused with those price increases, but I would be happy to get that explained.

When a new customer signs up for service they get our Service Plan warranty free for 6 months. After that 6 months the bill goes up $6 for the Service Plan, but if can be removed at any time to save the $6. The Service Plan warranty covers all equipment in the event it needs to be replaced, including shipping and handling. It also covers any technicians you may need and discounts them from $95 to $15 as a one-time charge.

As for the second increase, on 2/1 we did have a price change. Price Increases affect all companies in the pay-TV industry, and while we raised ours $5; our competitors raised theirs by an average of $4-$8. The increase in costs reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc..

As of the most recent increase, however, DISH Network has introduced a price freeze on programming until 2013. I hope this helped clarify the increases you saw. If you have any other questions/concerns feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Apr 23, 2011

Hello Leaapril, my name is Kaia and I work in the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I read your post and would first like to apologize for the poor experience that you have had with DISH. I definitely understand how frustrating it can be to get misinformation, especially when money is involved. I will provide you with some general information in addition to offering my assistance to you. Since DISH Network accounts are created on different days throughout each month, it is difficult for all accounts to be billed on the same date. For this reason, each individual DISH account has a billing date and a payment due date based on when the account was activated. I would like to take a look at your account and the billing cycle to determine what has happened and what can be done. Please email me at [email protected] so that I may further assist you.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

rfritschka, Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices here. I know how frustrating it is to be given different information.

I reviewed your account and there are some things I would like to discuss with you, however as it is account specific I would need you to contact me; my email is [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

woobles951, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I apologize for the trouble with that service plan, and would be happy to explain this a bit more.

The service plan is $6 per month which, much like insurance, it protects you from anything that goes wrong by either covering replacement equipment or discounting a needed technician from $95 to $15.

It can be added or removed at any time. As it sounds like you were having a problem with that I would be more than happy to review that on your account and see what's going on. If you'd like assistance you can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

AshutoshSharma, my name is Tommy Faust and I work for DISH Network's Executive Offices. I understand your frustrations hearing multiple versions of the same story, and would like to clarify this for you.

Our upgrades are dependent on what promotions are available, though our free/discounted upgrades do normally include a 24 month commitment. The commitment is what allows us to get the equipment to you at little to no cost as purchasing can be expensive.

I can also check out the account and see what's going on for your account specifically and see how we can help. If you'd like assistance you can reach me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · May 04, 2011

Hey bmfdlf, I'm sorry for the trouble you experienced with that technician. In most cases the technicians do return the equipment, but if they don't then we can definitely send out boxes to return it no cost to you.

As for the pipe the tech was supposed to cut, you typically would have to talk with them in regards to getting that removed. As you said it's been a few years; I would need to look at the account to check, and make sure everything is good or to send out boxes to return the equipment. You can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by MikeL DISH · May 12, 2011

I came across your post, Kevin Stastny, and would like to assist you further with this issue! If you could email me your account number, I would delighted to look into this and determine for certain what happened and where we would go from here. My email address is [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your day!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · May 18, 2011

I would be more than happy to help you with this issue, Tara27. In order to optimally assist you, there are a few questions I need to ask to better understand the situation. When you state that you didn't get everything you paid for after the installer left, what exactly do you mean by that? Were you not receiving all the channels you thought you would? Also, have you been having signal issues? If so, what do you see on your TV screen (black/blue/snowy screen, error message, etc.)?

• Updated by [email protected] Network · May 25, 2011

Hey Joe D, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I know how upsetting it is when you're told one thing and another happens.

The only thing I can think of that would be charged after the account was disconnected and the balance taken care of is Shipping and Handling when our equipment is returned. I would be more than happy to look at your account and see what's going on.

If you'd like any assistance feel free to email me at [email protected] Thanks!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jun 09, 2011

Elke Y. Park, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I know it can be frustrating waiting for the gift card to arrive.

I can definitely review this with you, though keep in mind it can take around 4 to 6 weeks from activation for the process to be completed. If you can send me an account # or phone # to my email at [email protected] I would be happy to assist you and look into it!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 23, 2011

I saw your post, Petrucho, and would be happy to help! This issue is definitely something I can look into if you haven't had a chance to call in and speak to one of our agents already. Let me know if this has been resolved and I would be glad to assist further!

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Jun 23, 2011

Hello MD Gent, We would be happy to review what has occurred since your installation to HD in December. If you can send your account number we will look into how this may be resolved. You may email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jul 11, 2011

Hi there Ang American! I happened to read your post & I'm extremely sorry to hear about all these issues you have experienced with DISH Network! I'll introduce myself, my name is Michael Hurst & I work for DISH Network, in our Executive Resolutions Department & I would be more then happy to help you get this resolved. Since this is a public forum you can e-mail me if you'd like with any additional information & then you & I can work together and definitely make sure we get this all fixed for you! My email is [email protected] Take care & Hope to hear from you soon! –Michael

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jul 24, 2011

Hi there Kirsten.purple! I happened to read your post & I'm extremely sorry to hear about all these issues you have experienced with DISH Network! I'll introduce myself, my name is Michael Hurst & I work for DISH Network, in our Executive Resolutions Department & I would be more then happy to help you get this resolved. Since this is a public forum you can e-mail me if you'd like with any additional information & then you & I can work together and definitely make sure we get this all fixed for you! My email is [email protected] Take care & Hope to hear from you soon! –Michael

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jul 26, 2011

Hey there, never been so f*#! mad!!, I came across your post! It would be my pleasure to do a little bit of research on this issue. Just for clarification, was your original request to have the dish satellite taken down from the roof only temporarily while the trimming crew repaired the roof, and then to put it back up once they were finished? Let me know what you had wanted the original plan to be and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jul 27, 2011

I was interested in helping you with the situation you posted, ihatedishnetwork! I know how frustrating it can be to experience ongoing signal issues for that amount of time. What we can do for you is perform some research on your account if you haven't already spoken with any of our representatives in order to determine our options. In the event that you haven't been able to get this taken care of since this post, let me know so that I can review it more detail!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2011

I saw your post, I. M. Kanned! Each area of the country located within certain boundaries that receive their locals from a certain city. Sometimes, these boundaries do fluctuate, causing the availability of certain local channels to change, also. In regards to the issue of the cancellation fee you were charged, it depends on whether we have a valid contract for the account you opened, which I can gladly check on for you. Have you spoken to someone about this since you posted? In the event that you haven't, please let me know so that I can bring up your information and take a look!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 08, 2011

I do apologize about the confusion I read about in your post, xwrider51. Due to that issue with the contract that occurred, we actually stopped carrying the Disney Channel in HD completely. We don't own the networks that customers watch; rather, we pay each network for the broadcast right to provide you with them. Regarding the issue with the $5 phone line fee, have you spoken to someone since this post to get that looked into? In the event that it remains unresolved, let me know so I can do some research there!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 09, 2011

I saw your post, asmith8814, and would like to help you with that! Taxes on the bills we issue to our customers is not something we have any control over as those are in the hands of state and/or local governments. The takedown of any given network, including locals, happens when the network increases its price on us to continue carrying it and providing our customers with it by more than we feel fair. This is due to the fact that we must pay each network what they demand as we do not own them. In regards to the signal issues you've been having, have you still been experiencing them? If so, try unplugging the receiver for at least ten seconds and then plugging it back in. Let me know if you have any further questions about these issues!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 10, 2011

Hey there, Eggflipper! I'd like to extend my apologies to you about the ongoing trouble you went through with the service. To answer your concern, if we do show record of having received that email about canceling your account, backdating the charges to the original date of the email is certainly an appropriate resolution. In the event that you haven't yet been able to speak to anyone since you posted this and it remains unresolved, please let me know so I can take a look at it and assist you further!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 10, 2011

Your post caught my attention, Dakjek, and I would enjoy the opportunity to assist you with that! We have price increases sometimes when the networks we provide you with increase their price on us to continue the carriage. Our control over the price they demand from us is limited as we don't own the programs. Is this concern still unresolved or has one of our representatives helped you with it since you posted? I'll look forward to speaking with you in the near future!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Sep 20, 2011

Dish network Idaho,

I definitely know how frustrating these situations can get. I hope this has been resolved for you, but if not it sounds like there may have been an extra charge for either return shipping labels or some equipment not returned causing the $25. I would be happy to check this out with you and see what's going on.

If you still need assistance or would like me to look into anything send me an email at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 11, 2011

irrate Dish customer,

I have responded to your message!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 11, 2011

plsstopfleecin,

It does sound like a upsetting situation and I would be happy to review this with you and see what's going on. I know how billing can get and how tight bills can be. I hope everything is resolved by now, but if you have any questions you can send me a message here. If you have any questions about the account, as it is secure information, you can send me an email at [email protected] and I can assist you further from there.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Oct 11, 2011

I've gone over your post, dish network suckss, and that's a situation that I'd be more than happy to look into for you! Is the third receiver that you have a DISH Network receiver? If it is, have you been using it and getting programming on it? Let me know and email me your account number so I can do some research. My email address is [email protected] I'll look forward to speaking with you!

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Oct 19, 2011

Hi Harold, if you need assistance with your refund you may email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 19, 2011

Hedgehogs,

I definitely know how frustrating it can be trying to find an event ordered. I would be happy to assist and provide any information I can.

When an account is canceled a credit is usually given back based on the amount of days not used in the service period. Any remaining fees on the account are first taken out of that credit, and if there are more fees than credits the difference is charged.

I can definitely look over the PPV charge and see what's going on with it. If you would like any assistance with that you can reach me here or at [email protected]

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Oct 25, 2011

Hi Helen, thank you for your post. If you still require assistance with this or would like us to review what occurred please email me at [email protected] Please include the DISH Network account number and full address so we may locate your account.

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 03, 2011

Hi Jussite,

I am with DISH Network customer service and can review your concern. If you can email me with your DISH Network account and receiver number we will review the options for you.

My email is [email protected]

DISH Network customer service

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Nov 04, 2011

Hi Jussite,

I know how frustrating it can get sometimes. We do have a few promotions that require re signing a 24 month contract which will typically include upgrades to equipment. I do apologize if there was any misunderstandings.

If there is anything I can assist you with or if you have any questions you can send me a message here; or shoot me an email at [email protected]

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 16, 2011

Hello Margie, my name is Mark and I work at DISH Network in customer service. If you continue to experience problems with the service and need assistance you may email me. I do show that you have a technician visit scheduled for Wednesday and hopefully they will get everything resolved for you.

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 30, 2011

Hi Gella, I am with DISH Network customer service and can review your concern with the PPV ordering, purchase and viewing. If you can email with the DISH Network account number and receiver number (press menu twice with the remote) we will look into what occurred.

Internet Response Team
    DISH Network LLC

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 03, 2011

Diane Moore,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you experienced Diane. I can provide more information for you; along with answering any questions.

When you signed up for HD Free for Life; how did you get the offer? If you signed up online it has a section that has you check a box if you agree to a contract of 24 months; if you signed up via the $99 one-time offer there should be no contract.

I know how price increases can get Diane. All companies experience these increases, which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. To get information on the change specific for you I would need to view the account.

While we do attempt to resolve a technical issue over the phone; we can send a technician out on your request. You can send me a message here with any questions; or an email at [email protected] if you would like to talk about the account, and I would be more than happy to assist you Diane.

DISH Internet Response Team

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jan 24, 2012

brigmark,

I can definitely understand the effect a price increase may have. To ascertain what caused the price increase, I would need to look at the account.

All companies experience these increases which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. Due to the amount of the increase, it sounds like a credit on your account may have expired. Since this information would be account sensitive, I would need you to send me the account or phone number. You can send it to me through a message here, or if you are more comfortable you can email it to me at [email protected]

DISH Internet Response Team

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 31, 2012

Hey chadt41!

We appreciate the kudos! Glad to hear you're enjoying your service! If you ever have any questions or need any assistance you can reach out to me or one of my co-workers here for any assistance!

DISH Social Media Representative

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 23, 2012

sammycat13,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a been experience with our service. It would be my pleasure to assist you if you could explain what exactly happened! Let me know some details of the issue and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 18, 2012

I understand your frustration. I would be upset too if I was in your position. I am more than happy to review what is occurring and assist you in any way that I can. Please send me an email directly. I have left my contact information below.

Raymond Gonzales
    DISH Network LLC
    Sunday-Thursday
    2:45-11:15PM MST

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Nov 20, 2012

Barbara, I am terribly sorry to hear about the continued frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this and see what's going on to get your equipment up and running. I can also look into your previous times you called in and pass it forward. Can you please send me an email at [email protected] so I can provide further assistance?

DISH Social Media Representative

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 20, 2012

Hello Barbara, I am sorry to hear that the DISH service did not work properly for you and we were not able to keep you as a DISH customer. I will be happy to review your DISH account and see how I may assist you. Please email with the DISH account number.

DISH LLC
    3 pm – 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

3 pm – 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Feb 27, 2013

MYV,

I saw your post and would like to assist you with your situation as I can understand your frustration! Could you please private message me your account number so I can look over your information and better help you with this? I appreciate your efforts and look forward to speaking with you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Feb 28, 2013

sohamsarkar,

I understand your concern and would be happy to help you with that! For the purpose of your personal security, I recommend not posting your account number on a public forum. In order for me to optimally assist you with this, can you please private message me so we can discuss this further? Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 02, 2013

kilroy_50,

I came across your post and would love to help you with that! Could you please private message me your account number or phone number so I can pull up your information and take a look? Thank you very much for your efforts and I'll look forward to your response to see what I can do!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 02, 2013

Kimberlyo,

I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns about your account! Could you please private message me your account number so I can review your information and see what I can do? Your efforts are very much appreciated and I'll enjoy the opportunity to get this all straightened out!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 28, 2013

Dan burress,

I can see your frustrated from having a look at your post and would be happy to help you with that! If you had signed up for your service about a year ago, it's possible that your promotional credits toward your programming package have expired, making its price now the standard for all customers as the discount is only temporary. I would appreciate your efforts if you could please private message your account number to me so I can have a look at it to verify what's going on. Thank you very much and I'll enjoy the opportunity to get this cleared up for you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Apr 24, 2013

didontlikescams,

I understand your concern as I saw your post and would be happy to help you! We do bill a month if advance for upcoming service and because there will be a charge on the first bill that's issued after the promotion expires, we do apply the appropriate prorated credit for that charge on the bill after it. Could you please private message me your account number so I can take a look at it and resolve this issue? Thank you for your efforts!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 07, 2013

AskMartinez,

Your concern from that situation is understandable and we hated to have seen you go! Did we ever have troubleshooting done or a technician sent back out to see what we could do? Please private message me your account number and I'll look forward to assisting you further!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 26, 2013

bholly62,

I can understand your frustration from this and if you could please private message me with your account number or phone number, it would be my pleasure to help you further in getting it taken care of! Thank you very much for your efforts and I look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 28, 2013

David Petty,

I've reviewed your post and wanted to help you with this situation. If you could please private message me your account number, I'd like to take a look at your service and see what I can do.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Sep 18, 2013

CeeJayJ,

I've had a chance to go over your post and would like to assist you with this if you could please private message me your account number! I appreciate your efforts and look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Nov 19, 2013

Msblaacklick,

The sales representative will build the work order for whatever services you request for the new account. I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience you went through and would appreciate your efforts if you could please private message me with your account number so we can further discuss this. Thank you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 15, 2014

DuaneGough,

I've reviewed your post and would be happy to help you if you could please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN so I can take a look and get this straightened out. You've been through a runaround, I understand that, but would appreciate your efforts if you could do that so I can have a chance to see what we have going on. Thank you very much.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 22, 2014

Connie Wilcox,

I'm sorry you feel our customer support was unhelpful and rude as that's never our intention as we strive to provide you with the highest quality support in the industry. Please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN so I can have a look.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 31, 2014

DuaneGough,

That sounds good and I'd appreciate it if you kept me posted! I apologize for my delayed response and will look forward to your follow-up!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2016

MTBobcat,

I saw your post and wanted to help you in getting that straightened out! If you could please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN, I can review your information and see what we have going on.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2016

Alfee,

I've reviewed your post and would like to take a look at your account if you could please private message me your account number. Thanks!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 12, 2016

Zoe1102,

I've reviewed your situation and would like to assist you with this! In order for me to provide you with the optimal assistance, I would need you to send me your account number in a private message so I can look over your information to see exaclty where it is that we stand right now. Thank you very much for your efforts and I will enjoy the opportunity to helping you further with this in getting it all squared away!

• Le
    Leslie K - Arizona Aug 19, 2016

These guys are a total rip off! NEVER use them!

First off the installation company promised me $50 a month. I NEVER got that price.

Secondly he told me that I needed to "buy" a roof mount from him for $50, which I paid directly to him. Only to find out 2 years later it was supposed to be part of my installation package!

Third - they told me a second (non dvr) box would be $6 a month. It was $11. When I discovered this 2 years later they said that it was more because the box could be hooked into 2 TV's. I told them that I didn't own 4 TV's and the installer KNEW that. The phone rep said that all their "single" channel boxes were taken and there was a big backlog, which is why he put that box in. So why was I charged for it if it was Dish Network's fault that the product wasn't available?

Fourth - when I canceled the service the technician standing in my house would not take the DVR away. He said it had to be shipped back. I called Dish and they sent a box. Now 3 MONTHS LATER they are trying to bill me $16.50 for the shipping! They claim that it was "disclosed" to me! I said it never was and all I got was the "supervisor" saying that her notes from previous calls state that they told me! Talk about guilty until proven innocent! Where do I go with that argument! In MY call center the pull the call to listen to the original message if something doesn't sound right.

Fifth - I asked for a refund of my stolen $50 for the roof mount and was told that it was done by an "independent retailer" with a Dish contract and therefore I had to go back to them! So, now I'm supposed to call the guy who stole from me and call him a thief and demand my money back? Yea right!

Dish Network is a JOKE! If you ask for a supervisor you will wait 30 minutes. I just did. And then they won't even help you out! Stay far, far away from their services.

• Pl
    plate Aug 16, 2016

I cancelled my service with dish and called them about refund check and everytime i do they say its being processed. I have called about 5 times now. The people around us have already gotten there refund check and we haven't just wanted to know whats going on. Talk to a supervisor tiffany at dish and she said the same thing being processedcheck 7 days and another 10 to 23 days before the check comes in please help!

• Ba
    Barefooter175 Aug 12, 2016

Offered DSL Internet for $19.95 per month. (Ursula in Tennessee) Modem was free. Credits offered for shipping and activation. Internet activated on 15 February. When bill came in, the billing cycle was to 16 February. One day internet service was $60.00 and change.

I called customer service and was told that I was never offered that price. Supervisor (Kelsey) told me to pay the bills as is. She was not going to do anything for me.

CenturyLink is well known for its scams in this part of NJ. I wish I had known that before I had agreed to their DSL.

James j. Grimes

• Zo
    Zoe1102 Aug 12, 2016

Terrible service, when they came out to set up their television service they disconnected my Comcast Cable Internet so they could use the line that legally belongs to Comcast. So the moment they set up their service my internet went down. Of course I did not know this until later that evening when I tried to get on the internet. This practice is common, however not legal. I had to call Comcast to come out and figure out why my service was interupted and pay them for what DISH did. Now I am with the DISH resolution team and they will take another 4 days to come out and take pictures of the wiring. I asked to just return their product and go back to Comcast. They said they would charge me $480 to do this. Now it has been 11 days with DISH and still no resolution for my problems. Once you contact the resolution team they have 2 business days just to call you back. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER NEVER AGAIN. I AM COUNTING THE MINUTES FOR THIS CONTRACT TO BE OVER...

• Mi
    mikeybabo Aug 12, 2016

I understand your growing level of frustration with the increasing amount of commercial advertisments that appear between shows these days. I first noticed how long it takes for a show to return from commercials when watching a MSNBC special report. After nine clicks of the "Junp Forward" button on my remote, i was still four clicks away from resuming my program! It is outrageous to have such long advertisment breaks (however usefull they might be) it can be very annoying to sit through so much repetative crap! Then again, that's why i got a DVR in the first place; i would strongly recomend you do the same and stop being such a [censor]!!!

• Bi
    Bill Otter Aug 12, 2016

TV Programming, that I am paying to watch, Contains an ever increasing amount of advertising, that I dont want to see!
    One example of this was a Natl Geographic that program that showed the same commercial, Eleven (11) times during just one (1) show program: this was in addition to all of the other advertising during that period!

What can be done about this "Bombardment" of advertising that I dont want to see or listen to, and ever decreasing amount of the actual content of the program.

I am told by Dish Net, my supplier, that they "ARE NOT" responsible for the content of programming that they provide me with. If this denial of responsibility is true, WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?

• Al
    Alfee Aug 02, 2016

I am paid once a month on the first I make a payment every first or third day of the month.Dish network turns my service off every month around the 24, 25, 26, etc. I have spoke with them several times about this situation. Dish have made my credit score go down significantly. Before I got dish my credit was pretty good but now after late payments shown on my credit report, I dont know how good it is. I have talk to them every end of the month about this. They have only given me the run around and made my credit the pits. So if you could please help it would be appreciated.

• Mt
    MTBobcat Aug 02, 2016

Was told charges would be completely removed upon retrieval of hardware. Got my address wrong 5 times. Didnt remove fees they said they had removed. I got rid of Dish services in Aug. 2013. I moved to an area that didn't allow dish and therefore was told i wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee. The said they'd send me box at my residence in Libby, MT to send back their hardware. It never came. I moved to North Dakota and got in touch with Dish so they could resend the box. I waited two weeks and it never came. I tried this two more times unsuccessfully. In Dec, I took another job, this time in Norfolk, VA. I called and changed my address again and this time they finally sent the box, yet they sent it to North Dakota! I called and complained again, and again they told me that my fees would be removed upon arrival of the box. I just received a phone call that said they had turned me into collections. This is a complete outrage, I have spent the last 8 years of my life attempting to rebuild my credit.

• %$# Jul 20, 2016

How can DISH Network still be functioning??? Complaints are numerous from day one of starting the business. Is there nobody out there who will stop such fraud?

• Ga
    Gail Johnson Jun 09, 2016

I am considering up-grading my programs and have made 3 attempts to get a printed listing of the pkgs. (network & channels). 1. via E-mail-no response, 2. via phone-promised to send but did not receive, & 3. via post card to the customer serv. center in Northglenn, Co (address obtained from Dish Net website) and the card came back as non-deliverable. What does it take to get the attention of these people? Maybe just give up and switch to another provider that treats customers better.
    Gail in Wisconsin

• Ju
    Juanita Martinez Jun 01, 2016

I have repeatedly asked dish network for contract I signed for 2yr contract on Internet, the company has not provided me with this information due to I did not sign any paper work for a contract. I was told by one of the representatives that when you set up the modem is when you accept, no one set up modem accept the technician. I have cancelled their services due to I did not like their internet service and they keep offering me a higher priced package which I do not want.

• Ty
    Tynesha Fletcher Apr 08, 2016

Im a dish Network customer and they are saying I didn't pay a bill and ik I did I have record of all of it something need to be done..im tired of they same lies they tell every month

Reviewer36424 Jan 21, 2016

dish is using a typical bait and switch, they offered a rewards card, and now it is not in their records,

Reviewer54164 Jan 07, 2016

We live in western Montan and Dish has just dropped CBS local programming without telling any of their customers. 1-7-2015

• Im
    i'm matt Oct 23, 2015

Dish offers a service called "pay-as-you go-programming", which is oriented to RV'ers who own their own equipment.
    Technically it works pretty well but working with customer support to stop and start the service, which is a "no charge" feature is a nightmare. About 10% of the time the customer service agent knows what it is all about and the process takes only a few minutes. The rest of the time there is chaos as I am put on hold, transferred, offered special discounts that don't apply. Worse of all, the end result is frequently wrong, requiring follow-up calls. Today that chaos took the better part of an hour. I know all this to cost Dish something. The problem appears that Dish CSRs are not trained or have the tolls to properly handle the service.

Reviewer27105 Aug 17, 2015

After I called Dish Network to discontinued the premium channels trial period they went and charged me anyway. I called the customer service department and they told me a bunch of lies just to get rid of me. I was told that the money will credited to my account in 24 hrs. They never told me that the 70 dollars they stole from me won't be in my account at least for 2 weeks. I talked to a supervisor and basically told me that if I wanted my money I had to call the bank and stop the payment which the bank can't do until the transaction goes through. Now, why do I have to go through this. I gave them enough notice but still they charged me. To me that's stealing and they are nothing but thieves.
    I will never recommend Dish to anyone...period. You steal from me once and I am done with you ..for ever.

John Stringfellow Aug 15, 2015

First we start with i called Dish Sunday August 9, 2015 ordered internet went through everything and was set for Tuesday August 11, 2015 to be installed.Talked to Peter. Never did show up i called Dish the same day after 11 am. No records of any order been taken. Tuesday August 11, 2015 went through everything again and scheduled for Thursday August 13, 2015.The person that day was Vann. Now my real problem i have is i asked both men, Does the unused data roll over each month. BOTH said YES. Now you say you record each phone calls if you would go through them you will see that both men said YES to my Question. Well the internet is installed and yes happy with it but i do have a problem with the data NOT being rolled over. I called Dish back Thursday August 13, 2015 and asked and got a NO answer. and a supervisor was suppose to write my complaint. And the supervisor said nothing can be done about my complaint. I have been a customer for 17 years and now very unhappy over this. I had Hughes Net for 4 years and NEVER went over 5 mg a month. Now i have 10 and I should not go over. All i'm asking is Please listen to the calls that were made. This is very disturbing to me. And this mistake should not be made to get a customer.

Andrew K Schulz Mar 31, 2014

I had gotten dish services back in August, temporarily needing web not a proble at the time until the bill came only agreed to 2yr television service. I cancelled the internet only to have early termination, late on TV which they terminated with massive fees, they said they would reconnect only if I took Web and reduce it to 714 dollars I would not be able to pay anything else this is extortion. I am disabled and visually impaired taking advantage of my disability need help with this medical bills rent electric and other utilities I have to pay not them I am done with them.

• Kt
    KThomas Mar 28, 2014

I keep getting phone calls from people with such thick Indian accents that I can only understand every other word they say, claiming they're applying some discount or another to my company phone bill and long distance. I'm not sure it's actually CenturyLink making these calls as if they were they would know that this is a branch office and ALL accounts are owned and operated by our corporate office. They ask if we have any other lines to apply the discount to as well. They ask a bunch of questions as to if I'm a legal employee, how old I am, if I'm authorized to accept this discount, if I am the admin on this line, and won't take NO for an answer. Say that I have to be the admin for the purposes of this call only and that's what I'm going to be. Then when you think you're done they transfer you to their manager to go through the same thing again, then again, and finally I hang up because at that point it's been 20 minutes and I have no time to waste tying up my business phone for these stupid calls!

• At
    atkins2080 Jan 28, 2014

Had this internet installed several months ago, it is in my nephew's name, we had regular DSL which was more faster than this poor service, we were with our local phone company which is unlimited, I am a normal to heavy gamer and this service is not cutting it for me, I hope to go back to my former service next month hopefully because this service has ruined everything for me including skype, spotify, you-tube and other streaming services, I am currently paying $60 just for punishment each month, hopefully this month is my last.

• Bo
    borntoride Jan 20, 2014

We received a call from a person (I have their name) offering to sell us a bundle package with dish, hughes net and vonage. We have had nothing but problems. Dish blames it on hughes and tells us we did not buy a bundle. No one ever showed up with a phone. We kept calling and finally got a number to call. It took 3 months to get a phone. We were also told phone would work with alarm system. It did not. We had to get 2 phones. The list is too long.

• Du
    DuaneGough Jan 16, 2014

MikeL DISH,

I spoke to another representative after posting this to the Facebook account. I was guaranteed that it was removed. I will have to see if this new bill has the charge once again. to make sure that what I have been told 3 times before is finally true.

• Du
    DuaneGough Dec 30, 2013

It all started with a mailer i received in august stating that I will be auto-enrolled back in to NBA League Pass since I had it last year. I immediately called to cancel this auto-renewal. I was told by the customer service rep that I have been removed and not to worry I will not be charged. Fast Forward to November when i noticed that my Auto Pay was pulling more than the normal. I called you Customer Service Rep AGAIN. They apologized for the problem and said that they would remove me from the NBA League Pass and credit my account for the payments. Now since I do not trust that you are an honorable company I checked my bill again and guess what i saw, another bill for NBA League Pass. I was once again reassured by your customer service rep that I will be credited and NBA League Pass will once again for the 3rd time be removed from my account. This is utter ridiculous. the worst part is that I was not giving the opportunity to speak with a supervisor, which I requested every time i called. I was just told what the supervisor said.

• Ms
    Msblaacklick Nov 18, 2013

I got Dish cause it was one of the cheapest service that I came across. Boy they lived up to their word. On the phone I thought I was getting service with HD a lease that was what I was told on the phone. I dished out over $300.00 before the installer got to my home when he got here I did not have HD. The installer called and then I was informed that I would have to pay another $300.00 for each box crazy. After a year I have another TV installed so I called to have the cable to that TV they wanted another $200.00 For that TV plus a $99.00 for installation. By this time I call WOW Cable got everything I wanted. Called dish to cancel have to pay almost $300.00 to cancel plus if you use their label to ship their boxes back they charge you $17.00 per label of their to send back. Don't get dish you will regret it in the long run they wheel you in and your stuck. I pay whatever I had to get rid of this service cheaper is not always better.

Comments

• Co
    Connie Wilcox Oct 19, 2013

I saw the commercial to order the NBA league pass through dish for 4 payments to be applied to your bill. When I called I was told we had to pay the first payment up front. I asked for a supervisor. After several delays, a woman ( name started with an S), introduced herself as a supervisor. I questioned why we were being asked for money up front instead of payments as the commercial stated. She became rude, asked me why I thought I was special and told me we would have to pay the full amount first in order to get the pkg. I am a new customer to dish and am appalled at the way I was treated! If this situation isn't rectified soon, I won't be a customer for long! And I WILL be sure to spread the word about our experience. We don't have bad credit and we're not asking for a car loan!!

• Ce
    CeeJayJ Sep 15, 2013

Back, a little over a Year ago, I decided that since I had purchased a T.V. with HD, that maybe it would be nice to have what our service provider was offering, and that was called The Hopper!
    Bad decision... I ordered, we settled on a package, and the rep came to install. Once it was installed about 3 1/2 hours, and another 2 1/2 hours the rep . was on the phone with the provider, NO resolution was to the problem. I knew that when the Service Installer was on the phone for that long, that this was not a good decision, and believe me it was not!
    I ordered the Hopper, and a Joey for my bedroom T.V. Bedroom T.V., is not HD, so this caused it to be blurry and impossible to even read. Over a year now, and our perfectly good t.v. in our bedroom is USELESS!
    Then upon turning on the new and improved Hopper, we found that our Local channels for our news outlet were gone.
    I immediately informed the Satellite Installer, 9whom by the way was very nice), that I did NOT want the Hopper if it were going to cost me the loss of our local channel networks, he said it should not. So, he diligently worked for a very long time in setting the position of the dish, to where it previously was, to get me my channels back...to NO avail! Upon, my informing him, I did not want the new service if it was not going to allow me our local news channels, he then got on the phone, only to be on the phone for just about as long as I, myself was.
    I have been wanting to break contract since the beginning of this nightmare, and each time I have called, I have been called a liar, EACH time, not just once, EACH time. THEY (dishnetwork reps), try to tell me that I have NEVER had Kansas City local channels, since I became their customer. The Hell I haven't, I have ALWAYS had K.C. local channels, since becoming a Dish Customer back in 2004. The next excuse I am given is, that because of the new FDA regulations, (mind you this is after being told I NEVER had K.C channels), that, due to the new regulations, I am no longer Satellite wise, eligible for those local channels.
    Upon informing me that I know 2 of my neighbors that have lied to Dish, about their address, are now able to keep their K.C. channels. How, one might tend to ask, is this possible? Easy, give them your Moms in town address, and have them send the bill to your out of town address, and wa-la...you have K.C. channels! Sadly, both of these neighbors are 1/2 mile down the road, further south from me. So I inquire after about my 6th attempt, to get my service canceled, about what my neighbors are doing, and ask if this is indeed what I must do to get my channels back, I still have the Hopper AND the Joey, NO t.v. that is watchable in my bedroom, and the worst local channels on the planet, (Columbia Missouri), paying $30 more per month for all this C***, and resolution to the issue.
    I am one of the nicest person, when it comes to dealing with Service Reps. they are not to blame, however after being told they will rectify the issue in 4 days, waiting another 3 months for the 4 days to pass, after being called a liar, on EVERY SINGLE OCCASSION, I can no longer do this. I do not want to lie about my address, I do not want strangers who are happy to take my $160 a month to continue to treat me as if I am sub-human. I want my old Local channels back, I want the Hopper gone, I want the Joey out of my bedroom(there is only one Male named Jim, that belongs in there), and I want them to quit calling me a liar, even after explaining that I indeed have ALWAYS had K.C. local channels! I want out of my contract, period!

• Da
    David Petty Aug 19, 2013

Ordered Hub with Internet service, came out and could not hook up the internet wifi, they left after 4 hrs work with lots of holes in our new wooden floors etc, and told us he will get help no one showed up for 3 weeks, Quality control man came up from dish and told us the 2 guys who wanted to install the hub and WiFi where not coming back and he will get us another expert in installing the equipment, no one showed up for 3 weeks so I went on Dish-nework Laptop and chated with service chat to let them know that I was charged the full amt and never had the hook up. they gave me WiFi credit but not for the rest of $100.so I chatted with a customer service on my pc with Dish network and was told I will be credited next month when I return the equipment.. Today 2 service men came to install it correctly I told them to pick it up and they said the could not do that, that I need to talk to them at Acct dept. which we did, no success, was told for cancellation fee it will be $ 450 and deducted from our acct automatically. Dishnetwork said the never had any cancellation notice from us and no record of any service man showing up here saying some one will come here to fix it . Wow I was told by the 2 men from dish-network service guys today that the do not keep records when service men come up they do not show negative report to company.

• Bh
    bholly62 Jun 23, 2013

We have had Dish come out three times to fix our installation due to improper set up. They burried the cable wires only a half inch underground and today as my husband was mowing the lawn and cut the wires. we are without service and more imporatantly have live exposed wires in our backyard because they did not install the wires underground to code. We are looking for Dish to resolve but after being on the phone for three hours with them and recieved empty promises of someone fixing it and call backs that did not happen and false appointments we are looking for someone to fix this service that we pay for each month. no one seems to care to help us. thank you.

• As
    AskMartinez Jun 07, 2013

Signed up for Dish Network in January 2013. Received equipment and had satellite installed. Cancelled service within 24 hours due to pixilated service/picture on new HDTV's. The CSR I spoke to stated that my refund of $50.57 would be back on my credit card in less than 10 days.
    Fast Forward to June 2013 and still no refund. It is a lousy $50 bucks but I refuse to be lied to on the refund for their bad service.
    I have sent 6 emails and the replies are always "From our system I see the refund was placed on the card". This is a lie or I would not be typing a complaint.

• Bl
    Blake Thomas Apr 29, 2013

Mrs. Mannis,

Ready to fight back? Consumer Fraud Legal Services has Consumer Rights lawyers who focus exclusively on defending customers from fraudulent billing, contracts, and service problems like the one you have recently experienced. Using the Consumer Fraud Act, we will try and get you a refund. Regardless, our time is free. If we win, the law requires the company to pay our legal fees.

Contact CFLS at:
    [protected]
    www.consumerfraudlegalservices.com

• Di
    didontlikescams Apr 20, 2013

Offers 3 months free premiere channels and then when I cancelled them online in advance, they still appeared on my invoice. I called and they assured me that the charges would be adjusted prior to automatic payment. Instead, they only adjusted for some of the premiere channels and then I had to call again and now I'm told it won't be adjusted in time for the current billing cycle and will appear next month. I hate how companies do this with their "free" offers. If I wasn't being persistant, they would be getting their money that they are obviously trying to scam from people who don't have the time to spend defending these dishonest practices.

• CheriT @ DISH Network Mar 24, 2013

Hi, my name is Cheri Torres and I work on the Social Media Team at DISH. I can see how frustrating that can be and would love to resolve it for you. Can you please send me a an email at [email protected] with your account information? I would be happy to review this for you and see what I can do to help!

Cheri Torres
    DISH L.L.C.

• Sh
    shelley mannis Mar 21, 2013

We have dish for our business our premanent residence and out vacation home. We went to Arizona which is our vacation home and our cable had no signal. I called and the customer service rep told me to take the box to our ca residence and she would ship a new receiver to us and we had to mail the receiver from Arizona within 10 days. She sent the new receiver to AZ and not CA and I spent 1/1/2 trying to get it resolved only after dish had me call ups to try and resolve the problem. I then called back and stated ups cannot due anything for me I am not the sender. so because of all the hassle the customer service rep told me should we credit my account for 13 days of non use. I said great. I received the new receiver and mailed the old one. I get an email that my account in AZ was disconnected so I called and spoke to a rep and they told me I owed 29 dollars if I wanted to reactivate my service since that is my balance. I told them i never disconnected my service I have a brand new box in my living waiting to be hooked up. He said he did not care I was responsible and that i owed 29 because I was late on my payment. I then told him that cant be I have automatic withdrawl from my account and they already to out 52.72 for the month and I was not paying an additional fee for something I did not authorize. I was suppose to be receiveng a credt and instead they disconnected my service and billed me for it. I very upset all I want is for my children to be able to watch t.v when we go to our vacation home in AZ we pay 52.00 a month and somes month we are not even there. the month of march we never watched 1 day of tv and we still are being charged an extra 29.00 for an error that the customer service made. I do not appreciate being hung up on by the supervisor and the staff to me is very rude and theydo not help when needed. I hope you respond to my complaint. thank you

• Da
    Dan burress Mar 11, 2013

I purchased America's top 250 with Dish for 39.00 a month and now they are robbing me at 75.00 a month.What a pack of liars!

• Ki
    Kimberlyo Mar 01, 2013

Dear E care team, My name is Kimberly and I am emailing you concerning my account with dish network. I was told you are the one to go to concerning my problem with them. I filled out a PMF with their corporate office and was denied on 1/30/13. I put my account on suspend and while doing this I was not inform all of my disclosure information. I was not inform that putting my account on hold that I would be forfeiting my right to the new customer discount. After continuously paying my bill on time full amount they will not give me back my credits or discount.I was also not notify that I couldn't change my dish account to my new house with out being charged 100.00 dollars unless it was a year to the date from on signing up. At this time I was able to change on 2/1/2013 for free because that was my year date but today I was informed that I still have 18 months left on the account. I also payed a balance of $118.00 that when making this payment it would bring my balance down to 99 cents and when I contact them two weeks later I find out my balance is $83.11 I am emailing you in hope that you can help either get my discount back that I was paying of 34.00 dollars a month for America's top 120 or credit to my account that I feel I rightfully deserve or break my contract with no fee. Please contact me if you need further information about this matter at [protected] or e-mail me at [email protected] Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you
    Sorry forgot to add that I have bin dealing with this matter since 1/25/13 and was just notify that I was denied from the corporate office on 3/1/13. I have bin informing every dish network representative that I was waiting on the corporate office decision and was told they didn't hear from the corporate office yet. Which I was lied to for months thinking they have not made a decision on my complaint please help me thanks again for taking the time to listen!

• Ki
    kilroy_50 Mar 01, 2013

In 2012, Dish network did not provide the channels as listed in its commercial/webpage. I called tech service and ended up paying for an "enhanced" package at an increased (over the rate of my chosen programming but still less than full retail) rate with the promise that the reduced rate would be extended through 2013 with only a phone call.
    Dish Network has categorically refused to honor that commitment offered to charge me over $200 to "disconnect" the service. I downgraded to the lowest priced programming (the Welcome" package) and even IT does not provide all of the channels as listed on their web page.
    The Dish customer "satisfaction" rep called me today and explained that Dish does not have to do anything and that they could raise their price when they wish and as much as they wish.
    They are a complete ripoff and they do not honor their promises.

• Hl
    HLIWS Feb 27, 2013

I was to have my service moved by the "Mover" Program. Yesterday the technician came over to inform me I am unable to receive service due to line of sight issues. He contacted customer service to advise me I still would be required to pay for a service even though I could not receive service. Ethically I had a problem with this. I was put on the phone with a "Supervisor" by the name of Paul LS 7? I explained my dilemma and he stated his job was to "ENFORCE" the contract that I apparently signed, he said he was customer "ENFORCEMENT" not Customer service. I have been in the customer service/Construction Management business for 27 years and I was applaud at the verbosity of your "Supervisor" He continued to tell me it was not his fault I moved to a place that was unable to get Dish service. I explained to him the move was done out of necessity due to a family tragedy. He could have cared less. Even your installer was shocked at his aggressiveness. By the way the tragedy was my Sons attempted suicide! Thanks for caring DISH.

I am shocked that your company is so over the top aggressive about collecting for services that can not be given. Especially when it is no fault of my own. The right thing to do from a customer service stand point is to say we are sorry and let me go so I will come back again in the future.

I am so disgusted that if not let out of my contract I will continue to spread my story.

• My
    MYV Feb 21, 2013

Dish Network is the worst in any and every conceivable way. I have had their service for one year. During that time, I had nine months of poor reception, constant outages, constantly pixelating TV. It was absolutely horrible. After these quality issues were finally worked out, the billing issues began.

I have not received a CORRECT bill in months - of course the bill always shows MORE than I actually owe.

I have to spend time each month reviewing each and every charge. Then it usually takes an hour or more talking to multiple reps on the phone to get it straightened out. Each month the errors are compounded since no one ever takes the time to fix the problem - they simply mask it temporarily to get me (the customer!) off the phone.

Yesterday I filed my second complaint with the Better Business Bureau to try to get this billing issue worked out permanently. My first BBB complaint was over the poor quality service and the BBB was very helpful in resolving this. So - I'm hopeful.

In closing, I would NOT recommend Dish Network to anyone. This company is the absolute WORST ever!!!

• Ri
    Rich53 Jan 24, 2013

Dish Network advertises that you have access to thousands of movies online. The only thing is, you really don't. You are restricted to 15gb per month unless you wish to pay double, an unholy amount of money, to get 10gb per month more. So while you may have "Access" to thousands of movies, you can't watch thousands of movies... period. That's like inviting you into a candy store and saying "you may have any candy you want in here, we have thousands to choose from" BUT "sorry, your only allowed to eat just one". An HD movie can be 3 to 5 gb. WOW! so, if you are using the internet with a pc, a tablet, your phones or anything else that may be hard wired or wifi. you are ___ out of luck for video viewing. I used to be a Time Warner customer. There was absolutely NO restrictions, period! I moved out to the country and now I am very sorry I did. I need the internet for my business. This is where the story ends but the beginning is just a bad. First, with all the hype and promises, I ordered Dish Network and the internet. After it was installed we had tons of problems with the Dish and internet connectivity. We called, they came out. Out of the mouth of the "Oh so Wise" technician was, "Sorry, those trees are in the way". Say what?? I told him I would not have done this had I known. He said, sorry. By the way, it was the same technician that installed it. Now, to ease the tension at home, I agreed with my wife to have 4, that's right, 4 trees removed!! THAT WAS NOT CHEAP! Well, that wasn't the whole problem. I called again and they sent another technician out. I told him about the trees and he just looked at me and shook his head. You don't agree? I asked him, he was silent. I still continued to have problems with the internet from the unholy upload speeds of less than dial up to the restricted access of the internet. I REGRET PAYING FOR EVERYTHING. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Also, according to "Dish Network" we shouldn't get the snow or lost signal errors from TV. WE DO and continue to have it. You call, you get nowhere.

• Ga
    gasolinealley Jan 15, 2013

Direcrt tv is the home of false advertising They sent me aemail of preium packages for free for three months. When I called naturally they couldn't offer this. My bill goes up each month with the same programming. My only advice is stay clear of this company. Thwy promise you everything and deliver no more than they have to. Besides rate increases. If I wasn't under contract I would jump ship. No wonder the big coperations get rich off the average american. Beware of these false claims. Go to dish network or cable. This is a shaft/