Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Satellite & Cable TV DISH Network false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service

DISH Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service

H
Author of the complaint
11:01 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a similar experience with the Dish Network. The salesman for Dish told me we had 60 days to cancel with no fees, after we mailed the equipment back we got a bill for $400. Several years later and supposedly a little wiser we hesitantly decided to try Direct Tv. This time i made sure to ask all the right questions about billing and cancellation. I was promised a 30 day trial period no strings attached, the salesman even told me they knock off another $10 from the bill if you pass a credit check.

Direct tv was installed on a friday in march-07. We signed up for the plus package- 185 channels/hbo & cinemax free for 3 months for $44.99, no dvr included. The following monday we received a bill from them for $59.99. I called to question and correct the amount. I had to speak with several people getting different answers and reasons about the bill amount. When i mentioned cancelling the service i was told i would be fined because i exceeded their 7 day cancel policy its not 30, then i was "accidentally" disconnected.

When i called back after jumping through several hoops, the next person tells me its not 7 days, you only have 3 days to cancel from activation, then i was "accidentally" disconnected again.

Several weeks later we get a second bill for $59. Now we owe them for 2 months and we've only had service for a little over 5 weeks. Several days later they shut off our service.

During this experience with direct tv i've learned several facts:

1- customer service is lousy, they are either all stupid or they are all lying about everything.

2- direct tv will terminate your service within a 40 day period or sooner if a single bill is not paid, even a new customer.

3- in order to get the advertised package prices, you need to mail in a rebate form that takes 6-8 weeks and no interuption of service to qualify. This redemption can be ended at the discretion of direct tv at any time which can send your bill back up.

4- the installer doesnt have you sign anything. Your first bill is considered your contract with the terms of agreement and is also your redemption form to get the rebate for a lower bill.

5- direct tv's billing is pro-rated, this fancy word means your actually paying ahead for the service before you use it instead of after.

6-after your service is shut off, they will obviously call and try to collect the money, but they will also try to get you to cancel so they can add another $300 to your bill.

My best advice to anyone thinking about ordering directv is not to do it. They smack of false advertising and hidden details and poor customer service. If you already have directtv, do not cancel the service because they will bill you $300 or more on top of the monthly bill you owe. Your actually better off just not paying the bill... this way if they shut your service off, and you dont cancel, they cant even ask for the box back.

If your service is shut off, make sure you unplug the box right away because they can actually keep billing you month to month. This is because they dont actually kill the signal to the box, you still get a couple channels, but the only thing you can really watch are pay per view and the 24 hour ad channels.

Helpful? 0 0

More DISH Network complaints & reviews

DISH Network - As a former employee let me tell you
DISH Network - Dish network receiver equipment scam!!!
DISH Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges
DISH Network - victory in court against dish network
DISH Network - ignorant representatives, overcharging and scamming my account
487 comments
I
Apr 08, 2011 11:01 pm

The dirtbags from Dish Network are at it again. I signed up a year and a half ago and paid extra for my local channels. On March 4, 2011, they stopped carrying the local ABC affiliate on their system. I called to complain and the rep was rude. I canceled my service and they debited my checking account $105.00 without my authorization. They said it was authorized in the fine print of the agreement. ###! Please do not use this service. They are rip-off artists and thieves! Their call centers are in the Phillipines and they hate Americans.

B

I am married and my wife and I decided to use Dish Network as our satellite TV provider in June of 2010. This decision was due to the advertisement of FREE HD and HBO/Showtime. I, the husband, called Dish and set the whole thing up.

I have called several times into the service department on various small issues from June 2010 until today Sept 15, 2010 and have never had a problem changing things, getting information, and generally handling the issues that have popped up. Today I called and tried to cancel the HBO and Showtime as the free preview had ended. I was told that I could not get information about the account and was not an authorized user on the account and therefore could not terminate the programming. Apparently the only name on the account was my wife's.

I explained that I was the one who set the service up, that I was the one that had always called in on every other issue and that I was the one who now would like to stop being charged for services. I was told to talk with the supervisor JOSH, he did not give his id number. His first reaction to my explanation was to say that he would not work with me because I was not being business like telling them that they made a mistake. After asking for some explanation into the account setup and not being able to cancel the now charged service, but being able to add services in prior phone conversations was for him to hang up!

Deplorable customer service. Deplorable!

The first customer service person's id number is Z6L. Like I said "Josh" did not give his number.

The absolute worst customer service experience I have ever had. It seems like they know you just signed a 2-year agreement and you are totally stuck with them, so screw you!

Mar 28, 2014 11:01 pm

I keep getting phone calls from people with such thick Indian accents that I can only understand every other word they say, claiming they're applying some discount or another to my company phone bill and long distance. I'm not sure it's actually CenturyLink making these calls as if they were they would know that this is a branch office and ALL accounts are owned and operated by our corporate office. They ask if we have any other lines to apply the discount to as well. They ask a bunch of questions as to if I'm a legal employee, how old I am, if I'm authorized to accept this discount, if I am the admin on this line, and won't take NO for an answer. Say that I have to be the admin for the purposes of this call only and that's what I'm going to be. Then when you think you're done they transfer you to their manager to go through the same thing again, then again, and finally I hang up because at that point it's been 20 minutes and I have no time to waste tying up my business phone for these stupid calls!

D
Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm

It all started with a mailer i received in august stating that I will be auto-enrolled back in to NBA League Pass since I had it last year. I immediately called to cancel this auto-renewal. I was told by the customer service rep that I have been removed and not to worry I will not be charged. Fast Forward to November when i noticed that my Auto Pay was pulling more than the normal. I called you Customer Service Rep AGAIN. They apologized for the problem and said that they would remove me from the NBA League Pass and credit my account for the payments. Now since I do not trust that you are an honorable company I checked my bill again and guess what i saw, another bill for NBA League Pass. I was once again reassured by your customer service rep that I will be credited and NBA League Pass will once again for the 3rd time be removed from my account. This is utter ridiculous. the worst part is that I was not giving the opportunity to speak with a supervisor, which I requested every time i called. I was just told what the supervisor said.

G
Jul 05, 2011 11:01 pm

I've recently have had the misfortune of dealing with the JOKE they call customer service at CenturyLink. I work for a company that processes invoices for every carrier possible in North America and CenturyLink has managed to get the worst reputation out of all the carriers. I submitted a disco request 5 times by email, called over 10 times for status and each time I was told that there was no record of the disconnect request. Finally after 4 months of not paying I received a not so friendly call from Account Receivable asking for there money. I politely told them to cancel the service for non-payment and I would fight with whatever collection agency they send me to...all I can say is I will fight tooth and nail to make sure no client I manage ever tries to use CenturyLink again. The company this happened too is a Law Firm and they were more then happy to back me up!

R
Nov 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Part a) A Dish Network (partner) salesman comes to my house and lies my wifes face. Tells her "Dish network has purchased DirectTV and you might as well change now or you'll be forced to in a few months." DirectTV is a service we had been very pleased with for several years.

Part b) Having been coerced and signing a contract under false pretenses they install some dvr's. I come home and nothing is working right. I call DISH customer service and after an hour they determine we were given the wrong equipment.

Part c) Days later the equipment is replaced with two more dvr's.

Part d) A few months later both dvrs' are rebooting at random times daily. We have to turn them off to sleep. Then, to watch tv we have to turn them on and wait ten minutes.

The final straw) I cancel the service because I'm fed up. They still insist upon charging me $240 for the cancellation of contract. The 'customer loyalty representive' I was eventually transferred to says 'I understand that you've had a terrible experience and that you feel the contract was signed under false pretenses, but the charge is "automatic"'.

N
May 26, 2008 11:01 pm

our dishnetwork system has not worked properly since the 90 day trial period ended they have sent out new dvr and still not getting all the chanels, it keeps going to no satilite service and freezes up now they want to charge me to have someone come out and look at it at my cost, i can not cancel service without paying for it for 18 more months this is the length of the contract, I should be able to cancel if their service is not up to some kind on standards.

Noel Cook

Sep 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Back, a little over a Year ago, I decided that since I had purchased a T.V. with HD, that maybe it would be nice to have what our service provider was offering, and that was called The Hopper!
Bad decision... I ordered, we settled on a package, and the rep came to install. Once it was installed about 3 1/2 hours, and another 2 1/2 hours the rep . was on the phone with the provider, NO resolution was to the problem. I knew that when the Service Installer was on the phone for that long, that this was not a good decision, and believe me it was not!
I ordered the Hopper, and a Joey for my bedroom T.V. Bedroom T.V., is not HD, so this caused it to be blurry and impossible to even read. Over a year now, and our perfectly good t.v. in our bedroom is USELESS!
Then upon turning on the new and improved Hopper, we found that our Local channels for our news outlet were gone.
I immediately informed the Satellite Installer, 9whom by the way was very nice), that I did NOT want the Hopper if it were going to cost me the loss of our local channel networks, he said it should not. So, he diligently worked for a very long time in setting the position of the dish, to where it previously was, to get me my channels back...to NO avail! Upon, my informing him, I did not want the new service if it was not going to allow me our local news channels, he then got on the phone, only to be on the phone for just about as long as I, myself was.
I have been wanting to break contract since the beginning of this nightmare, and each time I have called, I have been called a liar, EACH time, not just once, EACH time. THEY (dishnetwork reps), try to tell me that I have NEVER had Kansas City local channels, since I became their customer. The Hell I haven't, I have ALWAYS had K.C. local channels, since becoming a Dish Customer back in 2004. The next excuse I am given is, that because of the new FDA regulations, (mind you this is after being told I NEVER had K.C channels), that, due to the new regulations, I am no longer Satellite wise, eligible for those local channels.
Upon informing me that I know 2 of my neighbors that have lied to Dish, about their address, are now able to keep their K.C. channels. How, one might tend to ask, is this possible? Easy, give them your Moms in town address, and have them send the bill to your out of town address, and wa-la...you have K.C. channels! Sadly, both of these neighbors are 1/2 mile down the road, further south from me. So I inquire after about my 6th attempt, to get my service canceled, about what my neighbors are doing, and ask if this is indeed what I must do to get my channels back, I still have the Hopper AND the Joey, NO t.v. that is watchable in my bedroom, and the worst local channels on the planet, (Columbia Missouri), paying $30 more per month for all this C***, and resolution to the issue.
I am one of the nicest person, when it comes to dealing with Service Reps. they are not to blame, however after being told they will rectify the issue in 4 days, waiting another 3 months for the 4 days to pass, after being called a liar, on EVERY SINGLE OCCASSION, I can no longer do this. I do not want to lie about my address, I do not want strangers who are happy to take my $160 a month to continue to treat me as if I am sub-human. I want my old Local channels back, I want the Hopper gone, I want the Joey out of my bedroom(there is only one Male named Jim, that belongs in there), and I want them to quit calling me a liar, even after explaining that I indeed have ALWAYS had K.C. local channels! I want out of my contract, period!

Nov 19, 2012 11:01 pm

The worst satellite company! Had their service installed in April 2012, has NEVER worked correctly, equipment failure daily! Their very poor customer service always wanted to give us free HBO/Showtime etc. They did not understand that even being free would not matter THEIR EQUIPMENT DOES NOT WORK! Now they are trying to charge 297.00 to cancel THIS VERY VERY VERY BAD SERVICE. Their customer service IF! You get one you can understand! Has got to be the worst customer service department still in business. Beware if you are thinking of signing up with this company, their equipment works on average 20 percent of the time! Their customer service should be called "LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE" During one of my frustration calls to DISH, one of the customer service reps had said to me in a very nasty tone "I understand your frustration, I deal with these complaints all day! I too have Dish and Have the same complaints" OMG! That should tell you how bad this service is. Save yourself a huge! headache and a lot of hidden expense not to mention the dishonesty! DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!

Jul 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Just installed dish network july 6th 2012 ordered it on july 3rd 2012 (On june 3 amc was listed as a chanel i would get) , could not find amc chanel which is my favorite chanel, was told by dish today july 7th that they dropped amc for good on june 30th 2012, so it was not avalible
When i ordered dish network but was still listed as available, dish net work tells me that the fine print in
Their contract covers that situation and there is nothing i can do about it, and that i am stuck with the two year contract as is. I offered for them to upgrade me from the
200 chanel to the 250 chanel package at no charge as compensation for
The loss of amc but they said no.

D
Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm

in my area centurylink charges $40/mo for 10mbps download speeds, pretty reasonable. this, of course, changes if you're a business. even if you're a very, very small business. for the same stinking thing ONLY MUCH SLOWER 1.5mbps download, they charge $105/mo if you're a business. this is in a building where everything is already set up, and they're the only provider of internet. so they don't have to show up and connect anything, they just have to tell a computer to open that port. JUST FOR A BUSINESS TO ACCEPT CC/DEBIT PAYMENTS. THAT'S CALLED A MONOPOLY AND IT'S HORSE$hat. i'd rather buy a friggin ipad with a 3g data plan than give these aholes any money.

M
Jul 20, 2011 11:01 pm

After our contract ended, we decided to switch to a different company. Centurylink tried to hold us against our will:
- They missed the scheduled date to disconnect our service, but promised that someone would get to it soon
- Later, they claimed we would have to wait until the end of the month to disconnect
- Eventually, they agreed to disconnect, we wouldn't be charged for calls made after the original scheduled date, and we would receive a check for the remainder of the month
- A month and a half later they started billing us like normal again, and already subtracted the credit we were expecting
- Again, they agreed to end the account, but could not offer an expanation as to how it was reactivated
- We have to pay for some long distance calls made after the scheduled disconnection date that THEY missed

Jan 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Dish Network canceled my account before i could pay them, then they charged me 600 for equipment fees, and then they send me to a collection company called thin line credit

Nov 28, 2009 11:01 pm

11/28/09: Dish Network offers on line service for payment of bills and other options. There web site is a joke with contiuned message of web site having difficulties try again. This from a company that puts satilites up but can't maintain a reliable web site.

Payment information is submitted and then a message is displayed regarding site diffciulties. 4 months in a row this has occurred, tried paying by phone twice and the screwed the banking infomation so my bank rejected payment, then the hit me with late charges. I would not recommend Dish to anyine, and would urge those currently enroledd to cancel and look to other options. THere are far too many other complaints available on the web. They don't deserve your money.

Contacting customer service is worse than having a "root canal"

It appears Dish is under the direction of "Laurel and Hardy" and that is giving them a break.

L
Dec 30, 2008 11:01 pm

We have been customers of AT&T for years, but in Jan, Feb, Mar & Apr of 2007 our services with Dish Network (which was bundled with AT&T) had many problems.( 2 out of 3 boxes refused to work) After 3 or 4 attempts and failures to repair the equipment we discontinued service and called another company. Since we only had 1/3 service, I only sent them 1/3 of the bill. I FINALLY got them to take off the $300.00 for the returned equipment, which left an outstanding bill of $242.00
Now AT&T has taken it upon themselves to harrass us for the monies in question. They say I owe it--and I insist that I don't. I shouldn't have to pay for service I didn't get! Dish broke their contract, and I shouldn't have my phone service and DSL held hostage to their ineptness!
Takd my advice folks, NEVER use AT&T for anything. Their customer loyalty STINKS. And NEVER have anything bundled!

Mar 21, 2013 11:01 pm

We have dish for our business our premanent residence and out vacation home. We went to Arizona which is our vacation home and our cable had no signal. I called and the customer service rep told me to take the box to our ca residence and she would ship a new receiver to us and we had to mail the receiver from Arizona within 10 days. She sent the new receiver to AZ and not CA and I spent 1/1/2 trying to get it resolved only after dish had me call ups to try and resolve the problem. I then called back and stated ups cannot due anything for me I am not the sender. so because of all the hassle the customer service rep told me should we credit my account for 13 days of non use. I said great. I received the new receiver and mailed the old one. I get an email that my account in AZ was disconnected so I called and spoke to a rep and they told me I owed 29 dollars if I wanted to reactivate my service since that is my balance. I told them i never disconnected my service I have a brand new box in my living waiting to be hooked up. He said he did not care I was responsible and that i owed 29 because I was late on my payment. I then told him that cant be I have automatic withdrawl from my account and they already to out 52.72 for the month and I was not paying an additional fee for something I did not authorize. I was suppose to be receiveng a credt and instead they disconnected my service and billed me for it. I very upset all I want is for my children to be able to watch t.v when we go to our vacation home in AZ we pay 52.00 a month and somes month we are not even there. the month of march we never watched 1 day of tv and we still are being charged an extra 29.00 for an error that the customer service made. I do not appreciate being hung up on by the supervisor and the staff to me is very rude and theydo not help when needed. I hope you respond to my complaint. thank you

Jul 15, 2008 11:01 pm

I had a service tech come and look at our satellite to see why it wasn't working correctly. He said he thought our dual receiver had one receiver out. He looked at the box and said that there was no damage to the box, so we shouldn't have a problem returning it under warranty and that Dish would send us one in return. I spoke to Dish and they said they would send one and after receiving ours, they would determine if receiver had been abused. She said they would have to charge us if it showed damage. I assured her what our tech had said and sent the broke box to them. I got my bill today and there was a charge for $125.00 on my bill showing voided warranty repair. I called and now have to write a letter to dispute this disagreement. I explained to her that there was no damage at all to the receiver and she acted as unconcerned as could be. Not happy at all with situation and feel like I'm wasting my time writing the dispute letter. Will probably never get a refund on a charge I should have never received.

N
Apr 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Upgrade to HD reciever after buying my first HD tv. I had no prior HD experience so didn't know how the picture would look. I paid for the reciever, the installation etc, and they said they'd give me 6mo free HD and then $20 per month after that for the HD. Well, long story short, I wasn't really impressed with the HD picture, figured either my expectations were high or the tv wasn't as good as I thought. Then one day last week some kind of download happened via satellite which through all my saved channels off etc and when I got it up and going again. TADA! I had an amazing picture on the HD channels. NOW I knew I hadn't had the HD signal all this time. I absolutely loved the new picture quality and now could see what everyone was raving about. So I figured it was a SIMPLE customer satisfaction deal, call them, explain the problem and get what I hadn't gotten. My 6 months free hd and credit the $60 they nicked me for for the past three months.

It is NO exaggeration that I was hung up on, misdirected on the phone tree several times and not ONE ### there could even understand why I was upset. Oh, and I so LOVE talking to people that have no command of the English language. It's like trying to converse with a 3 year old. Thanks India for all that customer service (lack thereof).

After everything, including 3 hours, agonizing hours, on the phone, some nit wit says he'd give me a $40 credit. I canceled my service as I will NEVER deal with those ### again. What a rip [email protected]!

Mar 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Dear E care team, My name is Kimberly and I am emailing you concerning my account with dish network. I was told you are the one to go to concerning my problem with them. I filled out a PMF with their corporate office and was denied on 1/30/13. I put my account on suspend and while doing this I was not inform all of my disclosure information. I was not inform that putting my account on hold that I would be forfeiting my right to the new customer discount. After continuously paying my bill on time full amount they will not give me back my credits or discount.I was also not notify that I couldn't change my dish account to my new house with out being charged 100.00 dollars unless it was a year to the date from on signing up. At this time I was able to change on 2/1/2013 for free because that was my year date but today I was informed that I still have 18 months left on the account. I also payed a balance of $118.00 that when making this payment it would bring my balance down to 99 cents and when I contact them two weeks later I find out my balance is $83.11 I am emailing you in hope that you can help either get my discount back that I was paying of 34.00 dollars a month for America's top 120 or credit to my account that I feel I rightfully deserve or break my contract with no fee. Please contact me if you need further information about this matter at [protected] or e-mail me at [email protected] Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you
Sorry forgot to add that I have bin dealing with this matter since 1/25/13 and was just notify that I was denied from the corporate office on 3/1/13. I have bin informing every dish network representative that I was waiting on the corporate office decision and was told they didn't hear from the corporate office yet. Which I was lied to for months thinking they have not made a decision on my complaint please help me thanks again for taking the time to listen!

L

These guys are a total rip off! NEVER use them!

First off the installation company promised me $50 a month. I NEVER got that price.

Secondly he told me that I needed to "buy" a roof mount from him for $50, which I paid directly to him. Only to find out 2 years later it was supposed to be part of my installation package!

Third - they told me a second (non dvr) box would be $6 a month. It was $11. When I discovered this 2 years later they said that it was more because the box could be hooked into 2 TV's. I told them that I didn't own 4 TV's and the installer KNEW that. The phone rep said that all their "single" channel boxes were taken and there was a big backlog, which is why he put that box in. So why was I charged for it if it was Dish Network's fault that the product wasn't available?

Fourth - when I canceled the service the technician standing in my house would not take the DVR away. He said it had to be shipped back. I called Dish and they sent a box. Now 3 MONTHS LATER they are trying to bill me $16.50 for the shipping! They claim that it was "disclosed" to me! I said it never was and all I got was the "supervisor" saying that her notes from previous calls state that they told me! Talk about guilty until proven innocent! Where do I go with that argument! In MY call center the pull the call to listen to the original message if something doesn't sound right.

Fifth - I asked for a refund of my stolen $50 for the roof mount and was told that it was done by an "independent retailer" with a Dish contract and therefore I had to go back to them! So, now I'm supposed to call the guy who stole from me and call him a thief and demand my money back? Yea right!

Dish Network is a JOKE! If you ask for a supervisor you will wait 30 minutes. I just did. And then they won't even help you out! Stay far, far away from their services.

P
Aug 16, 2016 11:01 pm

I cancelled my service with dish and called them about refund check and everytime i do they say its being processed. I have called about 5 times now. The people around us have already gotten there refund check and we haven't just wanted to know whats going on. Talk to a supervisor tiffany at dish and she said the same thing being processedcheck 7 days and another 10 to 23 days before the check comes in please help!

Z
Aug 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Terrible service, when they came out to set up their television service they disconnected my Comcast Cable Internet so they could use the line that legally belongs to Comcast. So the moment they set up their service my internet went down. Of course I did not know this until later that evening when I tried to get on the internet. This practice is common, however not legal. I had to call Comcast to come out and figure out why my service was interupted and pay them for what DISH did. Now I am with the DISH resolution team and they will take another 4 days to come out and take pictures of the wiring. I asked to just return their product and go back to Comcast. They said they would charge me $480 to do this. Now it has been 11 days with DISH and still no resolution for my problems. Once you contact the resolution team they have 2 business days just to call you back. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER NEVER AGAIN. I AM COUNTING THE MINUTES FOR THIS CONTRACT TO BE OVER...

Aug 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Offered DSL Internet for $19.95 per month. (Ursula in Tennessee) Modem was free. Credits offered for shipping and activation. Internet activated on 15 February. When bill came in, the billing cycle was to 16 February. One day internet service was $60.00 and change.

I called customer service and was told that I was never offered that price. Supervisor (Kelsey) told me to pay the bills as is. She was not going to do anything for me.

CenturyLink is well known for its scams in this part of NJ. I wish I had known that before I had agreed to their DSL.

James j. Grimes
[email protected]

Aug 12, 2016 11:01 pm

TV Programming, that I am paying to watch, Contains an ever increasing amount of advertising, that I dont want to see!
One example of this was a Natl Geographic that program that showed the same commercial, Eleven (11) times during just one (1) show program: this was in addition to all of the other advertising during that period!

What can be done about this "Bombardment" of advertising that I dont want to see or listen to, and ever decreasing amount of the actual content of the program.

I am told by Dish Net, my supplier, that they "ARE NOT" responsible for the content of programming that they provide me with. If this denial of responsibility is true, WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?

A
Aug 02, 2016 11:01 pm

I am paid once a month on the first I make a payment every first or third day of the month.Dish network turns my service off every month around the 24, 25, 26, etc. I have spoke with them several times about this situation. Dish have made my credit score go down significantly. Before I got dish my credit was pretty good but now after late payments shown on my credit report, I dont know how good it is. I have talk to them every end of the month about this. They have only given me the run around and made my credit the pits. So if you could please help it would be appreciated.

M
Aug 02, 2016 11:01 pm

Was told charges would be completely removed upon retrieval of hardware. Got my address wrong 5 times. Didnt remove fees they said they had removed. I got rid of Dish services in Aug. 2013. I moved to an area that didn't allow dish and therefore was told i wouldn't have to pay an early termination fee. The said they'd send me box at my residence in Libby, MT to send back their hardware. It never came. I moved to North Dakota and got in touch with Dish so they could resend the box. I waited two weeks and it never came. I tried this two more times unsuccessfully. In Dec, I took another job, this time in Norfolk, VA. I called and changed my address again and this time they finally sent the box, yet they sent it to North Dakota! I called and complained again, and again they told me that my fees would be removed upon arrival of the box. I just received a phone call that said they had turned me into collections. This is a complete outrage, I have spent the last 8 years of my life attempting to rebuild my credit.

A
Jul 20, 2016 11:01 pm

How can DISH Network still be functioning? Complaints are numerous from day one of starting the business. Is there nobody out there who will stop such fraud?

G
Jun 09, 2016 11:01 pm

I am considering up-grading my programs and have made 3 attempts to get a printed listing of the pkgs. (network & channels). 1. via E-mail-no response, 2. via phone-promised to send but did not receive, & 3. via post card to the customer serv. center in Northglenn, Co (address obtained from Dish Net website) and the card came back as non-deliverable. What does it take to get the attention of these people? Maybe just give up and switch to another provider that treats customers better.
Gail in Wisconsin

Sep 19, 2009 11:01 pm

On thanks giving I brought a new HDTV, because they say everybody has to convert to this in one way or another. Well call dish network, to hook up been with them quite a few years, the lady said no problem but somebody has to be home well they were a day late because of bad weather. The lady on the phone state a hookup price of 179.00 with a promo fee given back of 100.00 dollars just call in they will send it the form to you. well call in 6 times nothing in the mail this is a scam and if they do this to every body it will be in the millions by the time it is done. All I ask is for somebody to check this out, by the way one operator will say they will send and another will say you have to go online well they won, t give you the right promo code and they do have many.

Jun 01, 2016 11:01 pm

I have repeatedly asked dish network for contract I signed for 2yr contract on Internet, the company has not provided me with this information due to I did not sign any paper work for a contract. I was told by one of the representatives that when you set up the modem is when you accept, no one set up modem accept the technician. I have cancelled their services due to I did not like their internet service and they keep offering me a higher priced package which I do not want.

Aug 02, 2010 11:01 pm

The DishNetwork TV stands for true fraudism. They are advertising wrong information on their websites. They are advertising less but charging more at the time of enrollment - mentioning reasons like "website may not be upto date".
Also, coming to the main problem - I called up to enroll without knowing that they are frauds. On the enrollment call, I sensed something fishy and decided not to take their program and asked them to revert back my charges after the order was placed. They are claiming to revert back the $47.68 charges done to my credit card but dont bother to give them back to me at all. They keep on saying that "We are doing it right away" but the result never happens! Because of which I lost my $47.68.

I strongly will not recommend such a poor cable/satelittle tv "DishNetwork TV" to any of my friends or relatives.

Jul 10, 2012 11:01 pm

I called Dishnetwork to inquire about their tv packages. I was told by the sales rep that in order to give me the best price available, they would have to run a credit check to see if I was eligable for their best offers. As the sales person proceded to explain their offerings, he asked for my credit card to verify relibility. At no time did he state that a deposit of $75.00 was required to continue negoations. I was turned over to a scedualer who informed me that I was being charged the deposit. I was told I would have to call back to have the deposit refunded. I asked to talk to a superviser and was told she would take care of it immediately. I informed her that this practice reflected badly on Dishnetwork. Needless to say, I won't be recommending Dish to any of my friends!

Nov 15, 2010 11:01 pm

I signed up for Dish in FL nearly a year ago. In August we found out our rental was in foreclosure and found a new rental which was already set up for another cable company. I called to cancel the service and was told I need to pay close to 300 for early termination and idf I didn't it would be taken from my debit card. I finally got the send back boxes from Dish and instructions tell me I must pay 15.00 per box to return everything. THIS IS THE MAJOR COMPLAINT : I am told in writing that I must climb a ladder to the roof and with a Phillips remove an LNBF switch from the Dish unit! Does the average family home even have a ladder that long? And what is my liability in going back to the rental home and doing this? This request came from "Customer Service" which DISH obviously doesn't provide.

Dec 30, 2010 11:01 pm

After being assured by a sales representative that there would be no contract problems with sports channels such as MSG they pulled the channel off the there network on the first night of an opening season. REFUSED TO DROP THE $300.00 early termination fee because there contract allows them to remove channels at there discretion. And this was right before the holiday season. Took money right out of my family's hands ROBBER BARONS. BEWARE I WILL DO EVERY I CAN TO STOP PEOPLE FROM USING DISH NETWORK.

C

Orderded Wireless Internet through CenturyLink, took a day vacation to wait for hookup. No one came so I called and they gave me the wrong date. Not a good start...then to find out they were charging me considerably more than what I agreed to. They keep disconnecting my Internet saying I have billing disputes after paying my the total amount on my overcharged bills. Called again last night got the run around ( again ) and was transferred (again) to the main menu only to find out the offices were closed. Will be changing to Comcast and will not recommed CenturyLink to anyone...

Jan 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Please forward this complaint to a decision maker at Dish Network: I am really disappointed with Dish Network decision. I called to see the options of lowering my monthly bill. I was more interested in the just the local channels. I was told that it was not possible. After talking to a customer service person, specialist and a floor supervisor. I was told that the best solution would be to get the silver package. The package was $ 29.99 but for loyalty I will be given it for $24.99 for six months. Which I thought was a little less so I was given the price freeze for 1 year. I thanked them for the great solution. I also had a extra channel # 808 (B4U) which I confirmed that it will stay. I was assured that yes this is not a problem. After the change that happened in 5 minutes, now I am looking for my 808 channel but can not find. I have called and talked to 4 people after that at length. Each one is recommended that It is not longer available. If I need it then I need to spend for the package of $ 40 or more. This channel 808 was not part of the conversation at all. I think you guys are fleecing the public with your unethical tactics. I have called to lesson my bill and your (car salesman type) people are skinning me for more money. This is appalling. You all did not leave me a choice but to cancel my service. I have had Dish network for more then 10 years off and on. This is disgusting but you all did not leave me a choice. I was not treated like a customer but was treated very rudely. I am certain that the last four people that talked to me have no interest in treating the customer with dignity. They have to be extremely dangerous to your company and interest. I did not call Dish to cancel my account. Amazingly thank you to your last four employees I was able to say Dish Network Good Bye. Too bad if you keep losing customer in this manner. May be you will not realize it now but one day reality will be telling you the truth to how to be honest in doing business with a customer.

May 11, 2011 11:01 pm

I have had enough! I will be switching providers as soon as I my contract expires, and want everyone to know that you should NOT use Dish Network for any service they offer. I was incorrectly charged $34.99 for a pay per view that I did not order. When I called their Customer Service they tell me that it was ordered from the remote control and it is not refundable. I went up their chain as far as I could and grew very angry, however it did me no good and wasted their, and my time. This ended with their supervisor telling me to look it up on my receiver and it would be in the history. I asked him to walk me thru that process and he was unable to, (of course we were both done being polite at this point) he ended up hanging up on me. These charges were in July of 2010, and as of today, I paid for the PPV. During the holidays I was complaining to family about this issue and they (being happy customers of Dish Network) walked me to the order history section of the DVR boxes that I have. There is nothing in either order history. They are no longer loving Dish Network, and suggested this method of communication. I had them set my credit on the account to $0 so this could not take place again. This was the history of my case with them.

I called back today and downgraded my packaging as we are not around as much to watch TV. Their customer service was nice and helpful with this process. However when I brought up this old skeleton in the closet, they tell me there is nothing they could do and the history would clear up by now. I am not buying that! I am not sure if it was spoofing or how I was charged for the PPV in the first place. Their company showed fantastic profits in the first quarter, and I am understanding how that takes place... Fraud!

Apr 01, 2011 11:01 pm

After completing a two year contract with the company and still choosing to stay with them for an additional 10 months and 19 days i called and tried to see what they would offer as a price incentive to stay with their company. They offered to take an additional $5.00 off of our monthly bill for the next 6 months. We were paying over $76.00 a month for the smallest package they had available and after explaining this to them they then offered to take off the $5.00 for the next 12 months. Not surprisingly I was unpleased with their offer so we switched to a different company with more channels and perks for less money. Now of course i understand that this is a promotional incentive and only good for a year however i have more faith in our current company trying to keep our service by working with us to keep our current package at a reasonable rate. After canceling with dish and the csr assuring us that the fees in order to send the equipment back to them would be waived we got the boxes and were shocked to find out it was going to cost us $15.00 per box to ship their equipment back to them. So I call and the csr says to let her check and make sure that they noted the account that the fees were going to be waived, and guess what unfortunately it was not and according to her supervisor and several other csr's they do not waive those fees. So riddle me this batman, if they do not ever waive those fees then why were we told they would and why would the first csr check to make sure the account had been noted correctly stating that the fees were being waived if they never do that. Seems to me if they never do that then there would have been no reason for it to be noted in the account? correct. At any rate much happier with our new company and plan to stray as far away from dish network as possible in the future. Customer service seems to be a greatly forgotten thing of the past in this wonderful new age, a terrible shame.

Nov 14, 2009 11:01 pm

Tonigh I tried to view channel 152 to see the local college football. My satellite box tried some 10+ times to dial your service, but each time the box received "busy"

Next, I tried caling dish network... the first attempt was disconnected, the second routed to a "college package deal" which I did not want!

Next, I retried calling and got through to one of you operators... she told me I had to "buy a package" I told her to connect me to a supervisor as this was unacceptabel!

Your supervisor tild me that I could get the channel wanted (152) by downgrading... uinfortunately that would mean losing some channels we watch.

Why is this so? It is certainly not a technical issue, of that I am certain!

Nest, I tried to log-on online... it took me 10 atempts... with the stupid web site asking questions I had already answered!

This has got to be the worst service I have ever encountered! You can bet that I will be looking at alternative services (Time Warner Cable will allow me to order this channel individually.! why not Dish?)

I do not care about any cancellation charges... you can bet that I will cancel my Dish Network Service as sson as I have Time Warner, AT&T (Uverse) or Verizon (FIOS) installed...

You service is the worst I have encountered, and I regret the day I selected Dish Network!

Rgds

Chris J Bussey

May 12, 2011 11:01 pm

I have been with Dishnet TV since April 3, 2010! I send in a payment of $129.12. I have been a loyal customer. On 5/05/2011 another payment was taking out, when I had just send one in on May 4, 2011. Now, I was told on May 5, 2011, they will be seening me a check out on that day. They stated my bill was $146.00, but they send a bill to me stating I owe 129.12. I am very upset with this, because now they just release a check on 5/10/11 and I should recieve that in another 4 to 10 business days. Why, did you feel. You had to lie to me. I never was dishonest when I send in the payment. You took over $400.00 out of my account. I do not need this run around about my money. This is not a good company at all. They do not look at us as a customer, just send in your money, all the other things you are going through it do not matter. It should, because just like you want to recieve your money, other creditors want theirs. I will leave this ccompany when my contract is up. Now, the want to change my oringanl contract price. I was offer 24.99 for One year, then it will go up to 34.99 amonth. They are saying this is a new promontion. You can void my 1St contract, without me saying yes, if you do that, then I have the right to end the contract because, that is not what I agree on. Just LIers! If, this happen. I will fine anyone beside myself if they been throough this.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1072 complaints