[Resolved] Dish Networkfalse advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service

H

I had a similar experience with the Dish Network. The salesman for Dish told me we had 60 days to cancel with no fees, after we mailed the equipment back we got a bill for $400. Several years later and supposedly a little wiser we hesitantly decided to try Direct Tv. This time i made sure to ask all the right questions about billing and cancellation. I was promised a 30 day trial period no strings attached, the salesman even told me they knock off another $10 from the bill if you pass a credit check.

Direct tv was installed on a friday in march-07. We signed up for the plus package- 185 channels/hbo & cinemax free for 3 months for $44.99, no dvr included. The following monday we received a bill from them for $59.99. I called to question and correct the amount. I had to speak with several people getting different answers and reasons about the bill amount. When i mentioned cancelling the service i was told i would be fined because i exceeded their 7 day cancel policy its not 30, then i was "accidentally" disconnected.

When i called back after jumping through several hoops, the next person tells me its not 7 days, you only have 3 days to cancel from activation, then i was "accidentally" disconnected again.

Several weeks later we get a second bill for $59. Now we owe them for 2 months and we've only had service for a little over 5 weeks. Several days later they shut off our service.

During this experience with direct tv i've learned several facts:

1- customer service is lousy, they are either all stupid or they are all lying about everything.

2- direct tv will terminate your service within a 40 day period or sooner if a single bill is not paid, even a new customer.

3- in order to get the advertised package prices, you need to mail in a rebate form that takes 6-8 weeks and no interuption of service to qualify. This redemption can be ended at the discretion of direct tv at any time which can send your bill back up.

4- the installer doesnt have you sign anything. Your first bill is considered your contract with the terms of agreement and is also your redemption form to get the rebate for a lower bill.

5- direct tv's billing is pro-rated, this fancy word means your actually paying ahead for the service before you use it instead of after.

6-after your service is shut off, they will obviously call and try to collect the money, but they will also try to get you to cancel so they can add another $300 to your bill.

My best advice to anyone thinking about ordering directv is not to do it. They smack of false advertising and hidden details and poor customer service. If you already have directtv, do not cancel the service because they will bill you $300 or more on top of the monthly bill you owe. Your actually better off just not paying the bill... this way if they shut your service off, and you dont cancel, they cant even ask for the box back.

If your service is shut off, make sure you unplug the box right away because they can actually keep billing you month to month. This is because they dont actually kill the signal to the box, you still get a couple channels, but the only thing you can really watch are pay per view and the 24 hour ad channels.

RESOLVED

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, My name is Dan Busa with Dish Network's customer service department. While the new customer promotion is offerred exclusively to new customers, we have other offers for existing customers. Feel free to e-mail me and we can review some options my e-mail is : [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, my name is Dan Busa I work in customer service at Dish Network I read your complaint, it seems this issue should be very simple to resolve, and I'd be eager to get this up and running for you please email me at: [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, my name is Dan Busa I work for Dish Network customer service . I would very much like to address your billing/ signal issues. On the billing you can actually turn off the auto pay or if youd like keep it and receive statements. If you'd like further details you can e-mail me at: [email protected]

Memsha,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network Customer Service. I apologize for the experience you had with upgrading your service. I would be more than happy to look into this matter to see if anything can be done for you. Please contact me at [email protected]

Hi,

My name is Ray Calo with the Dish Network Customer Service. I saw your post and wanted to respond with some information on your situation. Without looking at your account I can't say why the restart fee was needed to restore your service. Some accounts do require a payment before restoration. If you would like for me to research this issue in more detail, I would be happy to. Please contact me at [email protected]

Hi,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I read your post and I apologize for the bad experience you had with this issue. I would be more than happy to look into this matter for you to see if we can resolve this matter for you. You can contact me at my email address, [email protected]

• Updated by Daniel [email protected] Network · Dec 22, 2010

Hello, My name is Daniel Busa I work with Dish Network customer service. I would be eager to help resolve this, If your still having issues e-mail me at: [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Dec 23, 2010

This is Kaia S from DISH Network Customer Service. I want to apologize that you did not receive a response from our Dispute Resolution Department and that your experience was less than great. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service. When a customer makes a request to cancel services there are business and legal disclosures that are required to be read to the customer before successfully disconnecting and account. If these disclosures were not given prior to the phone call being ended, that may be why the account was not disconnected as requested. Upon cancellation of the account the equipment is required to be returned and DISH Network will only add $15 to the account if the shipping labels provided by the company are used. We charge this to the account because UPS charges for those shipping labels. I hope that this clears up any unanswered questions. Please feel free to respond to this if I can answer anything else for you.

• Updated by Ray [email protected] Network · Dec 23, 2010

Dave,

My name is Ray Calo with Dish Network. I came across your post and wanted to apologize for any bad experiences you had when calling in to our customer service agents. I would be more than happy to address any issues you may be having with your service. As far as your signal issue, your dish may need to be realign so you don't lose signal every time you have any weather come through your area. Please contact me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss this further.

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Dec 23, 2010

This is Kaia S from DISH Network customer service. I want to first apologize that you had a poor experience with our company. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service. When an order is placed but an installation is not completed, we give a full refund for any amount already paid. If you have not received the $47.68 refund please respond to this. I would be more than happy to assist in getting this resolved for you. Once again, I am sorry that this was not taken care of for you when you initially requested the refund.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Dec 23, 2010

Hello my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service; I first want to say I am sorry A.Reddy that you had a bad experience with us. We always try and accommodate our customers in any questions they may have about everything from billing to technical and general questions about receivers and equipment. On our PPV or On Demand channels to order we understand that a movie can be ordered accidently so we added more steps (a total of 3 commands) to order one of our pay movies, when that happens please notate the time and movie and call us as soon as you can so we can get that cleared up on the account. It is easier for us to clear an accidental PPV order as soon as it happens. Please repost to this if you have anymore questions.

• Updated by [email protected] · Dec 23, 2010

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change. Since we are dedicated to providing the lowest cost to our customers, there may be times we enter in a contract dispute with a network provider. We understand that this may affect current shows or packages you are watching so we work hard to fight for a fair deal on behalf of our customers to prevent a large price increase. When you cancel services the equipment has to be sent back within 30 days to avoid additional charges. We do not have the capacity to store returned equipment in our local offices due to the amount of new equipment needed for customers in your area. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use, if there is a charge from the retailer you would have to contact them since the funds were never provided to DISH Network. If you still have concerns about your bill or an increase you can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 26, 2010

Hi this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network. I have reviewed your post and I am sorry to hear that you a bad experience with the return of your equipment. We take disclosures very seriously and I can assure you that we have measures in place that ensure they are given whenever needed. I would like to assure you that you generally save money by using our packaging as it is only $15 per shipping label (in your case it sounds like 2 labels were used), which is as low as half the cost of other couriers. We do value your feed back and continue to strive for best in class customer service to our potential and existing customers alike. I would like to ensure that your concerns are addressed, if you would like any clarification on anything mentioned above please contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 26, 2010

Hi this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network. I am sorry to hear that you are no longer a DISH Network customer. I can assure you we do take your feed back very seriously and continue to strive for best in class customer service for our potential and existing customers alike. You mentioned that your bill went up within the 6 months and you were not satisfied with our services, I would like to help. Please contact me via e-mail at [email protected] for further assistance.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Dec 27, 2010

Hello this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support here. Just ran across your post and wanted to apologize for any inconveniences you might have experienced with DISH Network. We appreciate your business as a loyal customer to our company. The free HD for life promotion comes with 2 options as far as signing up for it. The first option would be a 24mth agreement and credit card auto pay on the account. The second option we have is a one time $99.00 fee to get the promotion free for the rest of the life of the account with DISH Network. If you decide to go for the second option there is no requirements for a commitment or auto pay. Monthly our regular price towards an HD package is $10.00. a month, in one year you would still save $20.00 the first year. Our new customers are also given the same options. With the Service Plan warranty being on the account it allows us to replace the equipment being leased for free. It covers shipping and handling charges and it makes the cost of a technician visit $15.00 instead of $95.00 providing you tech visit a 60 day warranty. I would really like to help you in any way that I can if you feel the need to contact me directly feel free to do so at [email protected]

• Updated by AliciaB_dish · Dec 28, 2010

Hi is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. We offer great promotions to all customers. Some promotions will be limited to new customers; however, we have promotions for existing customers as well. Each promotion will have restrictions and qualifications. You are able to see most of these promotions online. Once you are logged into your account there is an option on left side for offers. You can also receive special promotions via email, mail, or commercials.

• Updated by AliciaB_dish · Dec 28, 2010

Hi my name is Alicia Brink I am with the DISH Network. I do apologize that there was some confusion with this issue. I would be very willing to help clarify the function and capabilities for the receivers; the receiver is capable of controlling two TV’s independently. If you are recording a show it will borrow the functions from the other TV. There are ways to disable this function to prevent needing an upgrade. If you would like more information on the features of your equipment please visit us at our web site or email me at [email protected]

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 02, 2011

Hello there, this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. Just ran across your post and wanted to inform you I would be more than happy to look into any issues for you. I truly apologize for any inconveniences you experienced with DISH Network. The most important things that we need back as far as returning equipment are the receiver boxes and remote controls. If for any reason the other equipment is not possible to return that would be ok we can rearrange that for you. We truly value your business as a DISH Network customer and would really like to get this resolved for you. please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Jan 03, 2011

Hello Billy Crabtree, my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service. I am very sorry you had a bad customer service experience with us. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and keep you a happy DISH Network customer. I would like to go over your account with you to get this resolved. Please respond to this post and we will get this resolved.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Jan 03, 2011

Hi Eimire my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network customer service. I want to say I am sorry you had a bad customer service experience. We always try and make every customer a happy one; I was hoping to see if there are anymore questions or issues I can help with. Please respond to this post if you have any questions I will be checking in to see if you have.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 06, 2011

Hello there, this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. Just ran across your post and wanted to apologize for the inconvinience you have been experiencing with our equipment. I understand how frustrating that can be for you. We would be more than happy to help you and find the best resolution to your problem. PLease feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] i would like to further look into this for you and determine what the issue may be and go over the equipment on your account .

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 15, 2011

Hi, JJ77! We're currently in the process of negotiating a new contract with MSG and are hopeful to get it settled in the near future. I encourage you to check this website, http://www.greedymsg.com, for some in-depth information about this.

• Updated by KIMESCO · Jan 17, 2011

Hello there! this is Kimberly Escobar with DISH Network customer support. I just ran across your post here and wanted to truly apologize for the inconvinience you have experienced with DISH Network. Unfurtunetly the B4U package is no longer for sale, is a package we no longer provide. I apologize for the misinformation and frustration this has caused you. I would like to help you and further look into this for you, once again sorry if you feel you were not treated fairly. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know I thank you for your business as a DISH Network customer. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jan 26, 2011

Hello my name is Michael Hurst with DISH Network Executive office. I would like to first start off with apologizing for the customer service that you have received from us. I have read your post and understand the situation. With our billing there are a number of days before the services are interrupted or even cancelled. Payments are due 20 days after bill is sent out; if the bill isn’t paid by that time services will still continue. We would charge a late fee of $5.00 if payment isn’t made 30 days after bill was sent out. If the account reaches 55 days without payment then the services would be interrupted until amount is paid to restore the service. The account isn’t cancelled until it reaches 70 days without payment, if there is leased equipment then you would be charged for the equipment until it was returned or account restarted. When accounts still have a balance for a total of 87 days then it’s sent to collections for the balance that is owed. We do send reminders through the receiver, email if it’s provided to us, and phone calls. If you have any questions or concerns please respond to this post.

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Jan 29, 2011

Hi there, my name is Kaia S and I work for DISH Network. I came across your post and would like to help. I would first like to apologize that your experience with DISH has been less than the best. It is our goal to provide the best customer service to all of our customers. As this post was several months back, I would like to follow up to see if the issue has been resolved yet. With some promotions that we offer, like free HBO/Showtime, there are certain eligibility requirements. In order to figure out what was going on with your account, I would need your account information. If you would like my assistance in getting this resolved, please feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Feb 02, 2011

j.kahn, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network. I'm sorry for the frustration of those PPV's being ordered. I would be glad to look at the account and see what is going on with that with you. You can reach me here or email me at [email protected]etwork.com

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Feb 07, 2011

Hi sheralynn my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network, I was going over your post and I wanted to clarify some things with you regarding your account. DISH Network has many different programming packages and we do offer a discount off the package price for the year. If the customer credit qualifies they will get there programming, install and equipment with no money down and just the first months bill. We do allow up to 6 rooms of DISH Network and that would be 3 leased dual receivers, we always include the first or most expensive receiver and for the 2nd and 3rd receiver boxes there is a monthly fee. DISH carries the most state of the art equipment which includes our dual SD/HD DVR Dual receivers, if our customer wants the DVR receiver the is a $6.00 monthly fee that allows the receiver to Record, Rewind, Fast Forward and Pause recorded or live TV. I do hope this information will clear up any questions you may have had, I will leave my e-mail for you if you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer. [email protected]

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Feb 07, 2011

Hi Avital Alkoby my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network, I do want to say I am very sorry you did not receive your HD you were paying for. I was going over your post and there was an issue with the switch you had installed for HD. I wanted to check in and see where everything is at or did it get resolved, I would like to look over the account and check all the notes on your account to check the dates of install of the HD. I will leave my e-mail so you can message me directly. [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Feb 27, 2011

Hello, my name is Kaia S and I work in the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I read your post and would like to apologize for the experience that you had with our customer service department and the manager that you spoke with. We, at DISH Network, strive to provide the best customer service and it is our goal to do whatever possible in order to make sure that your experience with our company is positive. There are several factors that have an impact when upgrading to newer or more advance equipment. In order to further assist you and explore all options for the upgrade, I would need to access your account. If you would like me to look into this further, please email your account information and contact information to me directly at [email protected] and I’d be happy to assist.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 01, 2011

Hello, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Networks Executive Offices. I know how frustrating it is when many things come up. As gkenigmatic said we have no control over what the programmers put on their individual stations. You can always contact them to discuss that part. As for the bill being high, in these times it can get rough. Again as gkenigmatic mentioned you can always contact us and check out possibly changing your packaging to be more affordable. I can assist you with that portion if you want. If so you can reach me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 05, 2011

ericarae86, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network Executive Offices. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your bill going up. It doesn't seem like it was explained very well.

The reason the first bill has 2 HBO credits is because we bill a month in advance. That way when you remove it at the end of the 3 month period you get a credit back on your bill for the month so you don't owe anything.

On 2/1 we did have an annual price increase, as all companies have, which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. As for the $6, that is a promotion for our Service Plan fee. It's free for the first 6 months then is $6 a month after, which you can call in and remove if you'd like to save that $6.

Again I am sorry for the increases with no explanation and hope this helps clear some of it up. If you have any questions you can email me at [email protected]!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 16, 2011

Hey, RKT-1970, I see you have an issue of a cancellation fee that you need to get worked out. You explained you and your husband both having not been aware of what you were signing when the technician presented you with the paperwork during the installation. It is an unfortunate situation you folks went through and we do apologize about that. With our agreements, we try very hard to be as fair as possible to everyone by enforcing this fee at all times when it should apply. Given that, the fee does need to stand as you chose to sign the contract.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 30, 2011

ydepre, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network Executive Offices. I know how frustrating price increases can be. Unfortunately price increases happen to all companies in the pay-tv industry.

These increases can consist of how much programmers charge to carry their stations, along with equipment/services/etc.. Our change this year was $5, whereas other companies increased theirs by an average of $4-$8. The good news on this is on 2/1 we introduced a price freeze on our America's Top/DISH America programming until 2013!

I do not believe you can get TV5 channel alone, but we may be able to change your services to help save you some money. If you'd be interested in that or have any other questions/concerns feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 05, 2011

Amany Soliman, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I'm sorry to hear you're still getting bills after cancelling. If you'd like to email me at [email protected] then I can definitely check this out and see what can be done to help you, and get this resolved.

• Updated by mikeh_dish network · Apr 10, 2011

Hello my name is Mike Houston of DISH Network Executive Office, I am very sorry we lost you as a customer we do appreciate all of our customers. We not only have New Customer Promotions we have Existing Customer Promotions, the Existing Customer Promotions do depend on a couple of things such as billing history and the offers available at the time of the customer asking. If you have any questions or concerns for me please e-mail me directly at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 12, 2011

cbroussard, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I understand it can be frustrating when equipment doesn't work as expected, or fees are charged.

The receivers do not have to warm up before any functions work, however it is possible it may be caused by something else in the area. For example some LCD TV's generate interference as they warm-up preventing the remote from working normally.

If you'd like me to look into that further or at the account feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 19, 2011

Mill Choi, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I'm sorry for the frustration caused with those price increases, but I would be happy to get that explained.

When a new customer signs up for service they get our Service Plan warranty free for 6 months. After that 6 months the bill goes up $6 for the Service Plan, but if can be removed at any time to save the $6. The Service Plan warranty covers all equipment in the event it needs to be replaced, including shipping and handling. It also covers any technicians you may need and discounts them from $95 to $15 as a one-time charge.

As for the second increase, on 2/1 we did have a price change. Price Increases affect all companies in the pay-TV industry, and while we raised ours $5; our competitors raised theirs by an average of $4-$8. The increase in costs reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc..

As of the most recent increase, however, DISH Network has introduced a price freeze on programming until 2013. I hope this helped clarify the increases you saw. If you have any other questions/concerns feel free to email me at [email protected]

• Updated by KaiaS DISH · Apr 23, 2011

Hello Leaapril, my name is Kaia and I work in the Executive Offices of DISH Network. I read your post and would first like to apologize for the poor experience that you have had with DISH. I definitely understand how frustrating it can be to get misinformation, especially when money is involved. I will provide you with some general information in addition to offering my assistance to you. Since DISH Network accounts are created on different days throughout each month, it is difficult for all accounts to be billed on the same date. For this reason, each individual DISH account has a billing date and a payment due date based on when the account was activated. I would like to take a look at your account and the billing cycle to determine what has happened and what can be done. Please email me at [email protected] so that I may further assist you.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

rfritschka, Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices here. I know how frustrating it is to be given different information.

I reviewed your account and there are some things I would like to discuss with you, however as it is account specific I would need you to contact me; my email is [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

woobles951, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I apologize for the trouble with that service plan, and would be happy to explain this a bit more.

The service plan is $6 per month which, much like insurance, it protects you from anything that goes wrong by either covering replacement equipment or discounting a needed technician from $95 to $15.

It can be added or removed at any time. As it sounds like you were having a problem with that I would be more than happy to review that on your account and see what's going on. If you'd like assistance you can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Apr 26, 2011

AshutoshSharma, my name is Tommy Faust and I work for DISH Network's Executive Offices. I understand your frustrations hearing multiple versions of the same story, and would like to clarify this for you.

Our upgrades are dependent on what promotions are available, though our free/discounted upgrades do normally include a 24 month commitment. The commitment is what allows us to get the equipment to you at little to no cost as purchasing can be expensive.

I can also check out the account and see what's going on for your account specifically and see how we can help. If you'd like assistance you can reach me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · May 04, 2011

Hey bmfdlf, I'm sorry for the trouble you experienced with that technician. In most cases the technicians do return the equipment, but if they don't then we can definitely send out boxes to return it no cost to you.

As for the pipe the tech was supposed to cut, you typically would have to talk with them in regards to getting that removed. As you said it's been a few years; I would need to look at the account to check, and make sure everything is good or to send out boxes to return the equipment. You can email me at [email protected]

• Updated by MikeL DISH · May 12, 2011

I came across your post, Kevin Stastny, and would like to assist you further with this issue! If you could email me your account number, I would delighted to look into this and determine for certain what happened and where we would go from here. My email address is [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your day!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · May 18, 2011

I would be more than happy to help you with this issue, Tara27. In order to optimally assist you, there are a few questions I need to ask to better understand the situation. When you state that you didn't get everything you paid for after the installer left, what exactly do you mean by that? Were you not receiving all the channels you thought you would? Also, have you been having signal issues? If so, what do you see on your TV screen (black/blue/snowy screen, error message, etc.)?

• Updated by [email protected] Network · May 25, 2011

Hey Joe D, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I know how upsetting it is when you're told one thing and another happens.

The only thing I can think of that would be charged after the account was disconnected and the balance taken care of is Shipping and Handling when our equipment is returned. I would be more than happy to look at your account and see what's going on.

If you'd like any assistance feel free to email me at [email protected] Thanks!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jun 09, 2011

Elke Y. Park, my name is Tommy Faust with DISH Network's Executive Offices. I know it can be frustrating waiting for the gift card to arrive.

I can definitely review this with you, though keep in mind it can take around 4 to 6 weeks from activation for the process to be completed. If you can send me an account # or phone # to my email at [email protected] I would be happy to assist you and look into it!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 23, 2011

I saw your post, Petrucho, and would be happy to help! This issue is definitely something I can look into if you haven't had a chance to call in and speak to one of our agents already. Let me know if this has been resolved and I would be glad to assist further!

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Jun 23, 2011

Hello MD Gent, We would be happy to review what has occurred since your installation to HD in December. If you can send your account number we will look into how this may be resolved. You may email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jul 11, 2011

Hi there Ang American! I happened to read your post & I'm extremely sorry to hear about all these issues you have experienced with DISH Network! I'll introduce myself, my name is Michael Hurst & I work for DISH Network, in our Executive Resolutions Department & I would be more then happy to help you get this resolved. Since this is a public forum you can e-mail me if you'd like with any additional information & then you & I can work together and definitely make sure we get this all fixed for you! My email is [email protected] Take care & Hope to hear from you soon! –Michael

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jul 24, 2011

Hi there Kirsten.purple! I happened to read your post & I'm extremely sorry to hear about all these issues you have experienced with DISH Network! I'll introduce myself, my name is Michael Hurst & I work for DISH Network, in our Executive Resolutions Department & I would be more then happy to help you get this resolved. Since this is a public forum you can e-mail me if you'd like with any additional information & then you & I can work together and definitely make sure we get this all fixed for you! My email is [email protected] Take care & Hope to hear from you soon! –Michael

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jul 26, 2011

Hey there, never been so f*#! mad!!, I came across your post! It would be my pleasure to do a little bit of research on this issue. Just for clarification, was your original request to have the dish satellite taken down from the roof only temporarily while the trimming crew repaired the roof, and then to put it back up once they were finished? Let me know what you had wanted the original plan to be and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jul 27, 2011

I was interested in helping you with the situation you posted, ihatedishnetwork! I know how frustrating it can be to experience ongoing signal issues for that amount of time. What we can do for you is perform some research on your account if you haven't already spoken with any of our representatives in order to determine our options. In the event that you haven't been able to get this taken care of since this post, let me know so that I can review it more detail!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2011

I saw your post, I. M. Kanned! Each area of the country located within certain boundaries that receive their locals from a certain city. Sometimes, these boundaries do fluctuate, causing the availability of certain local channels to change, also. In regards to the issue of the cancellation fee you were charged, it depends on whether we have a valid contract for the account you opened, which I can gladly check on for you. Have you spoken to someone about this since you posted? In the event that you haven't, please let me know so that I can bring up your information and take a look!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 08, 2011

I do apologize about the confusion I read about in your post, xwrider51. Due to that issue with the contract that occurred, we actually stopped carrying the Disney Channel in HD completely. We don't own the networks that customers watch; rather, we pay each network for the broadcast right to provide you with them. Regarding the issue with the $5 phone line fee, have you spoken to someone since this post to get that looked into? In the event that it remains unresolved, let me know so I can do some research there!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 09, 2011

I saw your post, asmith8814, and would like to help you with that! Taxes on the bills we issue to our customers is not something we have any control over as those are in the hands of state and/or local governments. The takedown of any given network, including locals, happens when the network increases its price on us to continue carrying it and providing our customers with it by more than we feel fair. This is due to the fact that we must pay each network what they demand as we do not own them. In regards to the signal issues you've been having, have you still been experiencing them? If so, try unplugging the receiver for at least ten seconds and then plugging it back in. Let me know if you have any further questions about these issues!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 10, 2011

Hey there, Eggflipper! I'd like to extend my apologies to you about the ongoing trouble you went through with the service. To answer your concern, if we do show record of having received that email about canceling your account, backdating the charges to the original date of the email is certainly an appropriate resolution. In the event that you haven't yet been able to speak to anyone since you posted this and it remains unresolved, please let me know so I can take a look at it and assist you further!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 10, 2011

Your post caught my attention, Dakjek, and I would enjoy the opportunity to assist you with that! We have price increases sometimes when the networks we provide you with increase their price on us to continue the carriage. Our control over the price they demand from us is limited as we don't own the programs. Is this concern still unresolved or has one of our representatives helped you with it since you posted? I'll look forward to speaking with you in the near future!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Sep 20, 2011

Dish network Idaho,

I definitely know how frustrating these situations can get. I hope this has been resolved for you, but if not it sounds like there may have been an extra charge for either return shipping labels or some equipment not returned causing the $25. I would be happy to check this out with you and see what's going on.

If you still need assistance or would like me to look into anything send me an email at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 11, 2011

irrate Dish customer,

I have responded to your message!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 11, 2011

plsstopfleecin,

It does sound like a upsetting situation and I would be happy to review this with you and see what's going on. I know how billing can get and how tight bills can be. I hope everything is resolved by now, but if you have any questions you can send me a message here. If you have any questions about the account, as it is secure information, you can send me an email at [email protected] and I can assist you further from there.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Oct 11, 2011

I've gone over your post, dish network suckss, and that's a situation that I'd be more than happy to look into for you! Is the third receiver that you have a DISH Network receiver? If it is, have you been using it and getting programming on it? Let me know and email me your account number so I can do some research. My email address is [email protected] I'll look forward to speaking with you!

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Oct 19, 2011

Hi Harold, if you need assistance with your refund you may email me at [email protected]

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 19, 2011

Hedgehogs,

I definitely know how frustrating it can be trying to find an event ordered. I would be happy to assist and provide any information I can.

When an account is canceled a credit is usually given back based on the amount of days not used in the service period. Any remaining fees on the account are first taken out of that credit, and if there are more fees than credits the difference is charged.

I can definitely look over the PPV charge and see what's going on with it. If you would like any assistance with that you can reach me here or at [email protected]

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Oct 25, 2011

Hi Helen, thank you for your post. If you still require assistance with this or would like us to review what occurred please email me at [email protected] Please include the DISH Network account number and full address so we may locate your account.

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 03, 2011

Hi Jussite,

I am with DISH Network customer service and can review your concern. If you can email me with your DISH Network account and receiver number we will review the options for you.

My email is [email protected]

DISH Network customer service

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Nov 04, 2011

Hi Jussite,

I know how frustrating it can get sometimes. We do have a few promotions that require re signing a 24 month contract which will typically include upgrades to equipment. I do apologize if there was any misunderstandings.

If there is anything I can assist you with or if you have any questions you can send me a message here; or shoot me an email at [email protected]

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 16, 2011

Hello Margie, my name is Mark and I work at DISH Network in customer service. If you continue to experience problems with the service and need assistance you may email me. I do show that you have a technician visit scheduled for Wednesday and hopefully they will get everything resolved for you.

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 30, 2011

Hi Gella, I am with DISH Network customer service and can review your concern with the PPV ordering, purchase and viewing. If you can email with the DISH Network account number and receiver number (press menu twice with the remote) we will look into what occurred.

Internet Response Team
    DISH Network LLC

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 03, 2011

Diane Moore,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you experienced Diane. I can provide more information for you; along with answering any questions.

When you signed up for HD Free for Life; how did you get the offer? If you signed up online it has a section that has you check a box if you agree to a contract of 24 months; if you signed up via the $99 one-time offer there should be no contract.

I know how price increases can get Diane. All companies experience these increases, which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. To get information on the change specific for you I would need to view the account.

While we do attempt to resolve a technical issue over the phone; we can send a technician out on your request. You can send me a message here with any questions; or an email at [email protected] if you would like to talk about the account, and I would be more than happy to assist you Diane.

DISH Internet Response Team

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Jan 24, 2012

brigmark,

I can definitely understand the effect a price increase may have. To ascertain what caused the price increase, I would need to look at the account.

All companies experience these increases which reflects the change in the amount providers charge for the channels, costs of equipment/services/etc.. Due to the amount of the increase, it sounds like a credit on your account may have expired. Since this information would be account sensitive, I would need you to send me the account or phone number. You can send it to me through a message here, or if you are more comfortable you can email it to me at [email protected]

DISH Internet Response Team

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Mar 31, 2012

Hey chadt41!

We appreciate the kudos! Glad to hear you're enjoying your service! If you ever have any questions or need any assistance you can reach out to me or one of my co-workers here for any assistance!

DISH Social Media Representative

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 23, 2012

sammycat13,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a been experience with our service. It would be my pleasure to assist you if you could explain what exactly happened! Let me know some details of the issue and I'll look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Oct 18, 2012

I understand your frustration. I would be upset too if I was in your position. I am more than happy to review what is occurring and assist you in any way that I can. Please send me an email directly. I have left my contact information below.

Raymond Gonzales
    Social Media Representative
    DISH Network LLC
    Sunday-Thursday
    2:45-11:15PM MST

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Nov 20, 2012

Barbara, I am terribly sorry to hear about the continued frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this and see what's going on to get your equipment up and running. I can also look into your previous times you called in and pass it forward. Can you please send me an email at [email protected] so I can provide further assistance?

DISH Social Media Representative

• Updated by Mark H DISH Network · Nov 20, 2012

Hello Barbara, I am sorry to hear that the DISH service did not work properly for you and we were not able to keep you as a DISH customer. I will be happy to review your DISH account and see how I may assist you. Please email with the DISH account number.

Social Media Representative
    DISH LLC
    3 pm – 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

3 pm – 11 pm Sunday though Thursday

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Feb 27, 2013

MYV,

I saw your post and would like to assist you with your situation as I can understand your frustration! Could you please private message me your account number so I can look over your information and better help you with this? I appreciate your efforts and look forward to speaking with you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Feb 28, 2013

sohamsarkar,

I understand your concern and would be happy to help you with that! For the purpose of your personal security, I recommend not posting your account number on a public forum. In order for me to optimally assist you with this, can you please private message me so we can discuss this further? Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 02, 2013

kilroy_50,

I came across your post and would love to help you with that! Could you please private message me your account number or phone number so I can pull up your information and take a look? Thank you very much for your efforts and I'll look forward to your response to see what I can do!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 02, 2013

Kimberlyo,

I would be more than happy to assist you with your concerns about your account! Could you please private message me your account number so I can review your information and see what I can do? Your efforts are very much appreciated and I'll enjoy the opportunity to get this all straightened out!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Mar 28, 2013

Dan burress,

I can see your frustrated from having a look at your post and would be happy to help you with that! If you had signed up for your service about a year ago, it's possible that your promotional credits toward your programming package have expired, making its price now the standard for all customers as the discount is only temporary. I would appreciate your efforts if you could please private message your account number to me so I can have a look at it to verify what's going on. Thank you very much and I'll enjoy the opportunity to get this cleared up for you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Apr 24, 2013

didontlikescams,

I understand your concern as I saw your post and would be happy to help you! We do bill a month if advance for upcoming service and because there will be a charge on the first bill that's issued after the promotion expires, we do apply the appropriate prorated credit for that charge on the bill after it. Could you please private message me your account number so I can take a look at it and resolve this issue? Thank you for your efforts!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 07, 2013

AskMartinez,

Your concern from that situation is understandable and we hated to have seen you go! Did we ever have troubleshooting done or a technician sent back out to see what we could do? Please private message me your account number and I'll look forward to assisting you further!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jun 26, 2013

bholly62,

I can understand your frustration from this and if you could please private message me with your account number or phone number, it would be my pleasure to help you further in getting it taken care of! Thank you very much for your efforts and I look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 28, 2013

David Petty,

I've reviewed your post and wanted to help you with this situation. If you could please private message me your account number, I'd like to take a look at your service and see what I can do.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Sep 18, 2013

CeeJayJ,

I've had a chance to go over your post and would like to assist you with this if you could please private message me your account number! I appreciate your efforts and look forward to hearing from you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Nov 19, 2013

Msblaacklick,

The sales representative will build the work order for whatever services you request for the new account. I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience you went through and would appreciate your efforts if you could please private message me with your account number so we can further discuss this. Thank you!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 15, 2014

DuaneGough,

I've reviewed your post and would be happy to help you if you could please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN so I can take a look and get this straightened out. You've been through a runaround, I understand that, but would appreciate your efforts if you could do that so I can have a chance to see what we have going on. Thank you very much.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 22, 2014

Connie Wilcox,

I'm sorry you feel our customer support was unhelpful and rude as that's never our intention as we strive to provide you with the highest quality support in the industry. Please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN so I can have a look.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Jan 31, 2014

DuaneGough,

That sounds good and I'd appreciate it if you kept me posted! I apologize for my delayed response and will look forward to your follow-up!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2016

MTBobcat,

I saw your post and wanted to help you in getting that straightened out! If you could please private message me your account number and four-digit PIN, I can review your information and see what we have going on.

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 02, 2016

Alfee,

I've reviewed your post and would like to take a look at your account if you could please private message me your account number. Thanks!

• Updated by MikeL DISH · Aug 12, 2016

Zoe1102,

I've reviewed your situation and would like to assist you with this! In order for me to provide you with the optimal assistance, I would need you to send me your account number in a private message so I can look over your information to see exaclty where it is that we stand right now. Thank you very much for your efforts and I will enjoy the opportunity to helping you further with this in getting it all squared away!

Sandy Sep 21, 2006

On July 10, 2006 we ordered a replacement receiver due to issues with the original. We were told we could install it ourselves, but elected to pay the fee to have it done by a professional technician. The earliest date for installation was 8 days later. An apology for the "unusual long wait" was blamed on recent rain causing service calls to be backed up.

My complaints are as follows:

1) 8 day wait for a service call.
    2) Dish technician never showed up/never called.
    3) 47 min using cell phone minutes to try to find out what happened, transferred 4 times, resulted in being disconnected. (Their "Customer Service" Rep named Ice....yes, Ice...... remaines completely clueless!)
    4) 65min from home phone trying to reschedule.
    5) Next available appointment time was 5 more days = unacceptable!
    6) Refused to waive installation fee in exchange for our time lost sitting at home waiting on technician who was never scheduled in the first place.

Seems their "highly trained technician" who originally opened the "work order" closed it at the end of our call by mistake. Mistakes happen, but when I make one I'm expected to stand accountable.....so should they. The company I work for would NEVER treat a customer this way. Especially if the mistake had been ours. All the Dish people say is sorry for the inconvenience and they'll reschedule appointment at THEIR convenience.

INCONVENIENCE, I'd like to hear them say the same thing had they sat "off the clock" for 1/2 day for nothing!

I do not believe it's unreasonable to expect the service call they messed up on today be rescheduled for tomorrow EVENING (at our convenience) at no cost or at least reduced rate.

It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that both Dish and Direct satellite TV are owned by the same company. If this is true it explains their complete lack of Customer Service. If their only competition is cable TV...........
    well, we may have to go to that as we absolutely HATE to give our hard earned money to a company with such total & complete disregard and/or respect for their customers and their customers time.

• Sh
    Shirl Oct 24, 2006

I have a complaint with Dish Network and have learned that their home base is in Denver, Colorado. I purchased this service in May of 2006. I had received an ad in the mail for 120 channels for $29.95 per month. I was also told on the phone that this was the price. First, the installer did not hook up the dish properly. One week later the cable went out during a windstorm. I was told by the second installer that the first one did not put the screws in to hold it in place. A couple of weeks later, it went out again. This time it was due to a "bad" remote control. Then I got my first bill. They charged me over twice the amount they had advertised. It took many calls to find someone who finally admitted that they do advertise $29.95 a month. She said she would change my bill. It has been three months and this has not happened. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint. It had to be sent to Denver and this is a joke. That BBB will not even answer emails. Every month I only pay what I agreed to pay. Every month they threaten to shut off the TV. I should be so lucky.

• Valerie Dec 27, 2006

I purchased a DISH satellite system three months ago. The installation was not done properly. I contacted the retailer, who had initially told me that service would be available 24/7. They referred me to DISH.

I contacted DISH and was told that they are not responsible for making sure that their systems work. They also claim that they are not responsible for anything that the retailers says or does.

However they continue to bill me even though the system still doesn't work properly.

• Je
    Jerry B. May 10, 2007

We signed with Dish network with the agreement that we would receive a free DVR. We never received it. After wrestling with them, they said we could have one for half price. I refused. After wrestling again they say we can have the DVR, but we have to change our commitment with them. I told them I wouldn't accept anything but our original agreement. They refused.

This is a company who calls their customers, trying to get them to sign with them. I kid you not. And once I tried to tell them I already used their services and they hung up on me.

I call on everyone who reads these words to stand with me. Let's show these lying crooks that they can't get away with doing this to people. We are the backbone of business. Without us, the consumer, there would be no companies. Please stand with me in reminding these money grubbers exactly where their money comes from.

Dish Network
    Littleton Colorado 80160
    U.S.A.
    Phone Number: 800-333-3474

Royette Hammond Jul 02, 2007

The Dish Network is my complaint.

The Dish Network service to my apartment was installed today.

My complaint is that I didn't have Black Entertainment Television (BET) as a part of my package. I had MTV, MTV2, and VH1. I now know that is costs up to $12.00 more for a package that includes BET.

I have tried switching to Time Warner, but was told that because this apartment has a contract with AT&T Dish Network they can't service me.

I spoke to a representative from this apartment complex (about alternate service) and was told I had to have $10,000 worth of renter's insurance and any equipment (from another satellite provider) can not touch their building.

• Te
    terry h Jul 03, 2007

There are company's out there that are fake dish network and directtv that try to get u to sign up i have had a lot of calls from them in the past i notified dish about that and they said that they had complaints on this rouge company's all it is a a telemarketers. Always do biz with the actual company and i have had problems in the past with dish. I still have them for over 10 years. I wrote to every email they had on there site and boy did that get resolved fast lol. Always get a confirmation number of ya canceled service it works better that way in the long run good for u to take your stand on the free dvr the need to keep there promises. Good luck.

• El
    Elaine Henderson Jul 21, 2007

Victory!!! I won! Dish credited me for the $49 "activation fee" that I paid day of activation that the ad stated in writing "would be refunded on my first bill, which they first tried to say "you have to call the ad company; we aren't responsible for anything promoters promise" - I said you know and have an obligation to know everything promoters bringing business to you promise and you WILL refund the $49.

Dish also caved on telling me I had to mail in a "rebate form" for the $10/month discount - I said nothing on my contract says anything about such a rebate requirement and I'm not going to pay or do anything not on my contract.

I said what you're attempting to do constitutes fraudulent advertising and fraudulent inducement and contract fraud and you know about all the lawsuits and I will contact the CA attorney general.

I said I am owed a correct bill in the mail every month and I will not pay you unless and until I receive a correct bill in the mail.

And I said I will not phone you again with my valuable time. So they caved!!! The bill was reduced from an outrageous $144 to $49.

Hope you can use this to stop this insane promotion fraud and overcharging.

Jon Jul 28, 2007

We called dish to tell them that our contract is up and that we want to upgrade to HIGH Def with DVR (a dual system). We we're going to sign a new 18 month contract. The lady said HBO should be on within an hour, she would waive 100$ for the HD DVR and there would be a 20$ installation fee. We waited and got no HBO and called back. "oh we're sorry she told you wrong it will be there when the high def is installed on Friday" (2 days later). They show up and say: "Why are you downgrading to just high def?" My dad was like, well how much do I have to pay for high def dvr. The tech says 169$ down payment and all we have on the truck is a single high def receiver, so we have to go back and get it another day. My dad says:"We we're lied to and your not going to bother to help us, our receiver is old and our remotes are worn, can you at least look at them?" They said sorry for waisting your time, bye. We also called before asking them to look at our remotes and receiver and they refused. We are soon switching to directv for better support.

I've known dish for a long time and I've known them to be good, but obviously they are hiring all a-holes now so watch out and don't trust anything they say.

• Ba
    Barbara Pilant Aug 13, 2007

A man called my son,on the last part of June,and told him since we had been such a good customer over the last 4 years we could get an upgrade which included a D.V.R. and another room hook up for free. So my son agreed,and the man ask for my credit card which I do not own,so then he ask for my S.S.#,and my son gave jt to him,since it showed up on his cee phone as Direct TV. So on 7-3-07,I was not at home when they arrived, when I did get home there sat a van with Dish on the side of the door. The man had already had everything hooked up and ask me to sign this paper showing jt was all done,without thinking I did. So I then ask him if the 2 cable companies had merged as 1 since it showed on the caller I.D. as Direct,he then said no ,it sounded like I had been scammed. So I then came in & canceled the Dish Svcs. The lady said at midnight it would be shut off, & it was not. So I called again & told them about the problem,and several times after. Then a man called me from Mo. and had another man on the phone with us and said since I canceled before 18mo. I was responsible that was the law in Mo. which is what he went by. I told him I canceled it on the same day as the svcs. I already had a cable co. So it went on for a day or 2 I called this 800# again & was told that my acc. would be cleared on 7-19-07,and it was not. I am on a fixed income & have seizures ,had a heart attack so I would greatly appreciate it if this matter could get resolved & my acc. cleared for my credit as well. And I mailed all items back to you as well and would like to be removed from your mailing &calling list for now & in the future. Thank You, Barbara Pilant.

• Sr
    Srikrishna Sirivella Aug 25, 2007

I am one of the subscriber to the Dishnet cable service. The dishnet is installed and I paid six months advance payment. The cable is not functioning from 06/28/'07. From that day onwards I complained to toll free No.1 860 180 3474, 1 901 180 3474 . After repeated calls to them they gave me a local Tel.No.
    984 009 4573 . One technician visited our house but wnet away informing that he will bring another helper. Later another local No. 28342567/28540223( 044).
    Till now the dish cabel is not rectified and we are deprived of viewing important and our favourate programmes. I missed Wimbledon and going to miss US Open if it is not rectified before 08/27/07.
    I expect prompt action will be taken at least now.
    Sudhama Sirivella
    D/o Srikrishna Sirivella
    Plot No. 25 H.No.6
    Arul Road, Rajiv Gandhi Nagar,
    Panaiyur, Chennai 600119

• He
    Helter Siqueira Aug 27, 2007

I live in Euless,TX. I will be brief. If this does not relate to you at all, i apologize. Here's the situation...

I signed up with Dishnetwork to become a subscriber and get their satellite service (with digital plan). After a regular credit/name/address check, i was asked to provide a security deposit of $49.99. Then an appointment was booked so a technician would come in and install the equipment (dish and received). On the due date, an installer showed up and immediately started working. After a few minutes i was told that due to a bad position of my apartment, their digital signal would not be received properly, thus no service would be available. Just to be sure, the technician even called his supervisor (who happened to be in the area) and asked him to come by and see if anything at all could be done.

The supervisor came by and - also - determined that no service would be available. I was then told by them, to contact Dishnetwork's customer service and inform what the situation and then request a full refund. First, they called their DFW office to inform that they weren't able to install the equipment.

So, i called Dishnetwork. I called them on the same day, July 16th. I reported what happened and was told that a refund would take place within 7 to 10 days.

Today is August 14, 2007 and i have not yet received any refund.

I have even contacted Dishnetwork, several times, and all i've been told so far is, that a "deposit will be taken place within 7 to 10 days".

Well, that's my demise. Is there anything i can do?

Wait. I have already contacted BBB (Better Business Bureau). I did it online through their website www.bbb.org . First i was told by BBB that i had contacted the wrong office and i should contact their offices in Colorado (www.denver.bbb.org) and file a claim with them. So far, no response.

That's it. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

• La
    Lawrence Gordon Carson Sep 09, 2007

Last month I had to have a tech come out to my house,but they said I wouldn't be charged for that. Guess what, my new bill has the 49.99 on it. All last month i tried to get dish to change this no response at all. But i am not paying that at all, just going to send in my monthly payment. I did away with my hd package, but they are charging me for that 6.00 dollars. This company is very fraudulent, is there something we can do about this junkie outfit?

Plz advise smb!

Sally Kolb Oct 03, 2007

I am so freaking mad! I made a payment online with my debit card Sept. 25 for my balance of $80.80. I kept looking for it to come out of my bank account every day, which it never did. So, today I get an email saying there is a problem with my payment method (something about my card being expired) and would I go online or call to correct the problem. I went online hoping I could avoid having to call "Nick" or "Jennifer" in Pakistan (like those are their REAL names) but it was still saying that my payment was made and everything was fine. So, I broke down and called. "Nick" tells me that my payment was rejected and "bounced" and that for the next 6 months I had to make CASH payments at the nearest Dish Network store. He couldn't tell me why the payment bounced (even though the email cited an expired card) and kept repeating very slowly as if I were extremely stupid, "It. did. not. go. through." I wanted to tell him it's not because I'm stupid, it's because of your heavy outsourced accent that I can't understand.
    But, I digress.

I asked to speak to a manager, and was put on hold. "Nick" came back and pretened to be "Sam" the manager. I told him what was going on and that "Nick" was very rude and he said, "Very sorry for the problem, you can make a payment online or with our automated system and I can transfer you there now." Huh?
    So, I repeated the problem thinking maybe "Sam" didn't understand what I was trying to say and got the same reply. It was at this point that I figured out "Sam" was "Nick" and was just trying to get rid of me. So I said fine, transfer me.
    (By the way, if I'm no longer able to make payments with a debit/credit card or by check for the next 6 months...how, OH HOW, am I going to make a payment through the automated system??)

Payment was accepted using the same debit card (which is not expired).

I then transferred myself back to customer service to verify that the payment was indeed accepted and got "Jennifer" who was a bit nicer. My payment was accepted and will post to my account tomorrow. But, I will still have to make cash payments for the next 6 months at the nearest office, OR I can make payments at a Moneygram (who, by the way, charge a $6.95 fee) or at Western Union (who charge $30 freaking dollars!). I DON'T THINK SO!!

I'm not inconveniencing myself because of THEIR error, which I believe is what happened. I pay all of my bills every month with the same debit card and always double check the numbers I input before I finally submit the payment to avoid problems like this. So, I'm convinced it was their error, not mine.
    "Jennifer" did try to blame it on my bank, which would still fall under the NOT MY FAULT category, but I paid 3 other bills on the same day, with the same card, and they all went through just fine.
    So, I sent an email to customer support just to vent. I know it won't do any good, but it made me feel a little better. Maybe I'll get lucky (and an American) and my banned payment status will be lifted.

Here it is:
    TO A SUPERVISOR:

I am having a big problem with your company. I paid my bill with a debit card online on Sept. 25. It was for $80.80. For some reason, it didn't go through. I got an email today about it and went online to see what the problem was. It didn't say anything was wrong, and in fact was still reporting that I made a payment on Sept. 25 in the amount of $80.80. I called customer service and spoke to a representative who was very rude to me. His name was Mick or Nick. He told me that since my payment didn't go through, I will have to pay cash for the next 6 months at a payment center. I asked to speak to a manager, whose name was Sam. He sounded just like the first guy I was talking to, so I'm not even sure if I DID talk to a manager or if it was the same guy pretending to be a manager. Anyway, he told me the same thing, but then directed me to the automated service to make the payment again. I made the payment with the same debit card I used last time and always use. After that, I transferred back to a representative, Jennifer, who confirmed my payment, and also told me that I would have to make cash payments for the next 6 months at a Moneygram store or Western Union. As you know, at both these places I would have to pay a fee to send a payment to your company. I REFUSE to do this, as it is not my fault the payment did not go through. I don't know if it was an error at my bank or your company and I do not feel like I should have to be inconvenienced for the next 6 months just for ONE problem that is not my fault. Secondly, if I'm not able to make payments through the automated system or online, why did the MANAGER transfer me to the automated system to make the payment?? That makes no sense at all. I WILL NOT GO MAKE CASH PAYMENTS ANYWHERE! I will continue making payments online from now on and if your company doesn't want to take my money that way, then I guess you don't want my money at all. Please rectify the situation or you will find me an ex customer. I would rather pay the penalty fee to break my contract than to deal with this kind of stupidity. I would like for a REAL (understandable) supervisor to call me to let me know when this has been taken care of.
    Sally Kolb

Raise your hand if you think I'll never get a call.

• Ar
    ARPIT M RAWAL. Oct 12, 2007

Few days back i received a call from an agent, who said he works for Dish Network. He gave me a very attractive offer and I readily agreed to make a deal and switch to Dishnetwork. I also made sure with the agent that there was no Contract associated with the deal.

Now that everything is set and when i see my first statement, it is like a shock to me, It is 3 times more than what i was offered. I cannot contact the agent any more, (Number disconnected), and Dishnetwork does not have any information of the agent. Now i am under contract for 18 months with Dishnetwork so i cannot cancel the deal otherwise they are going to charge @240 for cancellation. So i am in a trap and will have to pay bill which i never can afford. I wonder if these agents are appointed by Dish network themselves to trap simple people like us.

• Da
    DANIEL PREWETTE Nov 15, 2007

CANCELLED WITH THEM AND THEY TOOK $400 OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WITHHOUT MY PERMISSION THE SAME DAY THEY TOLD ME THEY WOULD SEND ME BOXES TO RETURN THEIR EQUIPMENT (WHICH CAUSED ME TO BOUNCE CHECKS AND TOOK ALL MY OVERDRAFT MONEY) AFTER THEY DEDUCTED MY FINAL BILL THEY STILL OWE ME $251 I HAV EYET AFTER 2 MOS. HAVE IT PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT EVERY TIME I CALL THEY SAY IT IS BEING PROCESSED AND WILL BE IN MY ACCOUNT IN 10 DAYS. LAST "PROCESSING" WAS 10/30 STILL NO MONEY WHAT CAN I DO, I HAVE CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GET NO ASNWER FROM THEIR CALL REPS ON THE
    OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD, WHAT CAN I DO???

Sarah Champlin Nov 19, 2007

If you cancelled your contract with them, they CAN and WILL charge you for early termination fees.

• La
    Larry Campbell Nov 21, 2007

After many issues of bad service, I discontinued my subscription with DTV, I was forwarded to a resolution specialist who calculated my final bill, and I received the bill, paid it, marked my check final payment. I continued to be billed, with each bill, I called waited 10+ minutes to tell a representative that I was no longer a customer, mailed each bill back with that notation, I final go a disconnect notice and a final bill and have been dealing with DTV and all regulatory agencies for 2 years. Basically DTV is exempt from any and I mean any type of control, they have no assets in most states, and you can't even sue them in small claims court. As a consumer you are totally at their mercy, and they are very poor business folks, with schemes to take advantage of the consumer with no regulation.

SANDY MONTGOMERY Dec 20, 2007

I moved in march 2007 leaving a forward address. On dec 4th i received a notice stating i owed money for the remaining time on a two year contract with dish network. I was told the time was for balance of april 2007. My service with dish network began in august 2004 (approx 2 1/2 years). I indicated that i did not owe this money and that when i spoke with dish network to discontinue my service due to relocation and to end it on a billing cycle i was told no problem since i had already paid for that months service and there would be no additional charges. I informed this to gc services and they said i would be turned over to a collection agency in two weeks. I said i would get back with them in a few days (after i check my records for dates). I have not been able to reach them on the 800 number in the letter due to offices being closed. What's up with this? I have tried all day during regular work hours and on a weekday.

I do not owe this money, nor will i pay this money.

patricia matthews Dec 29, 2007

12/29/07 first off all, dish network called us 2 and 3 times a day for 3 weeks and wanted us to hook up with them, so we did. They told us over and over and over again. That they would give us a package deal that all we would have to pay was $49.99 for nov. and then pay$ 44.75 every month after. Well on the 11/02/07 they took out off my account $49.99 pos 11/02/07 19:07 9601 s meridiandish netwo 800-333-3474 co11/05, thats whats on my statement. They called us on 12/28/07 and said we owe a bill for $125.00 THEY GAVE US EXCUSES!!! My husband said we didn't get a bill and i am not paying till i get one , so next day we get this bill. I believe were getting ripped. Charges from 01/04/08 - 02/03/08 thats not even here yet! Sccount summary, previous balance $ 64.89 current charges $80.98 adjustments - $20.00 taxes 0.72 cents. This is for NOV. DEC. and we paid $49.99 IN NOV, its hard to paid bills when your on disability and trying to make ends meet and then they want you to pay 2 months ahead off time i don't think so (not right) then my aunt iris Harvey not a happy lady. Tells me that she ref. me and some one else to get dish network and they would send her $50.00 per household.

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 29, 2007

Did you try to call them to say that you can't pay for two months that you can only pay for every month? You should explain your situation & how you only have so much money & cannot afford to pay for the service for two months in advance. They should allow you to pay every month instead of every two months.

Pablo

An upset Dish customer Jan 01, 2008

We need a CLASS ACTION against Dish Network.

I just had some horrible experience on New Year day of 2008 after receiving my statement of Dish for December 2008. It is a long but very frustrating story. Let me start from the statement of November 2008.

I received November statement with $21.95 charge for PPV (pay per view). I called Dish right away regarding this charge. Same old story as you all know: Dish was not going to refund me. The caveat here was that I recently purchased an international Dish package for my in-laws who live in a room with a dedicated TV (blue remote control). They do not even understand English. They were trying to learn how to use the remote control and I thought they probably mistakenly push some buttons that cause me $21.95 in November.

Okay, let’s move on. I called the Dish and was taught how to set password to lock it up. I set up everything in my green remote (The main one as I only have one receiver but 2 remote controls) and I even asked the tech people who told me that as long as I set up lock in the main (green) remote, my blue remote should be locked too automatically. Sounds settled?

Not really and even worse, I got the bill for this month (December) and have again extra charge of $52.95 for PPV. The funny thing is that all 5 PPV movies were charged at the same day. I called Dish on this New Year day and they basically would not refund all. After talking with the supervisor, I realized that I can use remote control and website to log in and look for PPV purchasing activity. To my very surprise, it turned out that there is a total of extra $142 to be billed in next cycle. There were 7 PPV of $11.99, 6 PPV of $8.99 and 1 of $3.99. The funnies thing is that all of them are charged between December 27-30. It seems even funnier that I had ordered 3-4 movies, even the same one in 2-4 hour of period. However, Dish is not able to refund most of them. Dish really wanted me to believe that I watched 5-6 movies in 3-4 hours period. They even told me that I could order a lot and watched them later one by one-pretty smart for Dish, Ah? Sure, Dish wanted me to believe that I am pretty ###ed. Basically Dish will make me pay a little less than I would have to pay if I would elect to terminate this contract-smart ###, Ah?

It turned out that I have a pre-teen who likes to hide in another room and change TV channels in grandparents’ room to surprise them. Sure kids are naïve and I probably have to pay for the price. The reason why I am upset about Dish is that they want me to believe that someone has ordered half dozen movies in the same day while some of the movies are even identical. Sure they want to act as a smart ###. I have never ordered any PPV during my 1.5 years with Dish. Suddenly I paid more than $200 in the last week of 2007 for all the PPV movies-Merry Christmas-Dish Network! Someone needs to see a psychiatrist!!!

It turned out that when I locked the green one last time after I had to pay for the first PPV, I had actually NOT done anything on blue remote which was the problem causing all my PPV fees. I called the Dish today and another tech told me some extra fact. Old dish remotes work that way. As long as you lock up the main green one, your blue one will be locked too. Then Dish heard some complain saying that customers want 2 remotes locked separately since they want the main one in living room locked but the private one in bedroom unlocked-well, makes sense too.

What I have complained to Dish is that their tech people whom I talked to at the first time insisted that I should be okay with only locking up the green one since the blue one will also be locked by default action of the green main one. I asked Dish to search phone record of that conversation but they said they do not have it. That is why I am saying they are a big fat liar by not telling the technical truth of their remote control. The bad thing for me is that this international package is not available in other carrier. Otherwise I would dump Dish tonight.

BY ALL MEANS, I would like to hear from other Dish customers so we can try to ask for a class action against Dish. I am also going to report my case to local newspaper, media, business bureau and government. Meanwhile I will call Dish time by time and tell them that I am spreading this piece of “Good” news for them until they stop those bad business practice.

PLEASE SAVE ALL YOUR STATEMENT and we will have some fun with Dish.

• Re
    Rebecca Hardeman Jan 03, 2008

We called Dish Network to report our receiver was causing lines across our TV SCREEN. THEY WERE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SEND US ANOTHER RECEIVER AND TOLD US TO BOX UP OUR OLD ONE AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM IN THE BOX THAT THE ONE THAT THEY SENT US CAME IN AND SEND IT BACK TO THEM. THEY STATE THAT THERE WOULD BE NO CHARGE. We were happy to receive such great service. We received the receiver and found that it was used. No problem because it fixed our problem. We sent the old receiver back and I thought that this was the end of this. Wrong. On the next bill there was a charge of $99.95 for a damaged receiver. When we questioned this charge they said that they had received the old receiver with physical damage. We told the gentleman on the phone that it had no physical damage before it was shipped and he agreed it could have happened in shipping and the charge would be removed from our bill WRONG. IT APPEARED ON THE NEXT STATEMENT WITH $5.00 LATE CHARGE. We were concerned so we called them again this time they were adamant that we would pay the charge and there was no way that it would be reversed. We would have to take it up with UPS. i ASKED IF THERE WAS SOMEWAY THAT I COULD SAFE THE DAMAGE AND THEY SAID THAT THE RECEIVER WAS gone or destroyed, I ASKED THEM HOW I COULD BE SURE THAT THERE WAS DAMAGE THAT AT THIS POINT I WASN'T SURE THERE WAS DAMAGE. I never fully understood the answer to this. The bottom line is that we are also paying a $5.00 charge per month for coverage in case of damage to our receiver. I was told that the charges are not going to be reversed and that the only thing I could do was try to get something out of ups.

• Ju
    JUDY bENAC Jan 03, 2008

Someone use my name to obtain service and all we get the run around from dish network. They are terrible to deal with. Do not due bussiness with them.

Patrick Hurley Jan 14, 2008

Direct TV is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my 65 years of life. They are liars, their customer service absolutely s*cks, and they are in business mainly to cheat their customers.

• Sc
    Scott Dodson Jan 17, 2008

I had a really bad experience with Dish when I moved my service to a new house. I won't go into the details, but it took 4 tries for them to get things working - for no good reason. I called to make sure that I would not be billed for the week that my service was unavailable. I was told that the bill would be the same as it is always is. I asked how this could be possible, and then the operator said that I wasn't charged for the move, so it all kind of worked out anyway! I pointed out that it was his company's policy to allow one free move a year, and I asked him to explain why that would have anything to do with paying for service that I did not receive. He had no reasonable explanation but I was going to be billed anyway. I then asked if I could be transferred to someone to register a complaint. He asked if everything was working properly at this point in time, and I said yes - it is now. Then he said "well there's really nothing to complain about then, right?". At that point, I hung up. After missing work so many days and going through so many calls to be told this by the agent on the phone is simply unbelievable. When a company does not even want to hear about a customer's negative experiences, I know there will be more of them to come. I know compared to others, I'm getting off easy, however, I'm very much looking forward to the end of my contract.

• Tr
    troy miller Feb 13, 2008

I have been reading complaints on here about dish for the last 2 yrs & I think that I have experienced everyone of them. This is the only leverage that I have found with Dish: contact their Consumer Protection Agency. For IL. it is:

Governors Office of Citizens
    Assistance 222South College rm 106
    Springfield, IL. 62706
    800-642-3112
    217-782-0244.

This is an older book that I got this info from, so call & verify info & then send letters. When they didn't refund my $100 I had to go after Envoke which did their refunds, They quickly got me my money to me, & Envoke told the Indiana A.G. that Dish were conning people & that they were no longer processing their refunds because of this. For some strange reason Dish doesn't want the Attorney General looking at them. If they have ripped you off please send the A.G. a letter, what do you have to lose & if they get enough letters, maybe they will do something. Also if they have removed money from your account contact their State Banking Authority should be able to get the info from your bank.

• Ra
    Rajesh Rajan Feb 26, 2008

I had to call up Dish network so many times to get a connection, that I lost track of it. Infact some colleagues at my office thought, I was attending interviews!!

After getting in touch finally and getting someone to come by for an installation, a no show and the person had the audacity to state that no one was at home, while my wife was waiting for them for the whole day!!!! On contacting customer service, I was told they would re-schedule it!!! WOW!!!

When the person did come by 1 full week later, he mentioned that the apartment did not have grounding!!!! So, he could not set this up, as per Dish Network Guidelines!!! Then he did suggest using one of the local retailers who would be able to install even though there was no grounding.

I spent enough time on the phone, to get this retailer to come by and do the installation!!!

Finally after all the things were in place, the first bill was wrong, overcharging!!! Called up the Customer Service, and they made the adjustment.

Second month, the same bill, with a 'Past Due' notice!!! They had the audacity to put the adjusted amount as the amount not paid!!! On speaking with the Customer Rep, unapologetic, brash young woman, she was considering waiving my 5 $ late fee!!! and the wrong charge!!! She still gave me a wrong amount owed.

Upon calling back immediately and talking to another Rep, the person mentioned that the 5$ late fee has been waived, but the 'wrong charge' is still owed!!!!! After some explanation, I'm told that the adjustments have been made.

Tell me, how much of bad service is acceptable???

John and Alene Bynum Mar 06, 2008

DirecTV told us that we would get several channels that we cannot get. In ninety days, we have had 8-10 days that we did not get a signal and could not watch TV because it rained or was cloudy or snowed. The service is unreliable. When we asked if we could get out of the contract, they told us we had 3 days, but if we would pay $400 they would let us out of the contract. DirecTV has no honor or it would let dissatisfied customers out of a contract with they do not deliver the services they promised.

Roy Cheney Mar 07, 2008

We ordered a dishnetwork package11-26-07, they came and satup the system as promissed, but it didn't work, we could not receive all of the stations. The repairmen returned on two different tries, 11-30-07 & 12-01-07, but could not get things right. We called Dish Network and canceled our service on 12-02-07, and they said ok, and they would send us boxes to return the equipment back to them. They did and we returned all the equipment they asked for by UPS. On 12-17-07 we received a letter form Allsat Collections, stateing that we owed them $295.00, and that if we did not pay them they would turn this over to a collection service and ruin our credit. they had no number to call so we emailed them and asked what the charges were for and got no answer. We tried to call Dishnetwork and they told us that we owed them nothing and refered us to Allsat, and gave us a phone number to call. we called Allsat and after beening switched from one person to another, which took over a half an hour or more, were told that we had to pay the amount asap, when we asked what the charge was for we got no answer only sent to another number until the line went dead. We tried serval times calling the number over and over again getting the same result, a dead end line. I wrote the company and told them since we had not used the system, were unable to receive any tv and had already sent Dishnetwork back all the equipment and that Dishnetwork said we owed them nothing, we were not going to pay them anything.

• Pi
    Pissed Off Dish Network Customer Mar 09, 2008

My issue with Dish Network is regarding their deceptive advertising. My service is great. But I just can't get Dish Network to send me a correct bill with the rate they advertised and promised. I call and call. I've written several letters, including one to Echostar Communications Corporation, Chairman & CEO, Charles Ergen. But they never respond to me in writing. They won't even send me a form letter. Their customer service reps are based in India and barely speak English. They say the problem will be resolved on my next bill, but my next bill is always for the wrong amount. This has been going on for month after month after month.

• Be
    benj Mar 16, 2008

My dishnetwork had a problem w/o connection, special in az experienced thunder storm, sometime in a NBA ALL STAR. The channels are death... later I call for support, went through all process 45 min. Cannot resolved so she said sent out technician W/O charge, but next month it on the bill $29.00. Go online upgrade program from family to 100 programs, it no warning nor tell me to call the customer service to remove the family programs get charge extra for $19.99. This is a classical trick to exploited customer. call them they refused to correct the $19.99 and $29.99 charge.

The customer service people are very intelligently denied and threatening me to cut the network and sent to credit report. After read up the dishnetwork customers, see to me the credit report and dishnetwork working very close to destroy our credit. We are the victims of a giant billion companies.

I feel hopeless but have to pay and pay for the contract total $250. What a!!!

• Na
    Nate Apr 10, 2008

Upgrade to HD reciever after buying my first HD tv. I had no prior HD experience so didn't know how the picture would look. I paid for the reciever, the installation etc, and they said they'd give me 6mo free HD and then $20 per month after that for the HD. Well, long story short, I wasn't really impressed with the HD picture, figured either my expectations were high or the tv wasn't as good as I thought. Then one day last week some kind of download happened via satellite which through all my saved channels off etc and when I got it up and going again. TADA!!! I had an amazing picture on the HD channels. NOW I knew I hadn't had the HD signal all this time. I absolutely loved the new picture quality and now could see what everyone was raving about. So I figured it was a SIMPLE customer satisfaction deal, call them, explain the problem and get what I hadn't gotten. My 6 months free hd and credit the $60 they nicked me for for the past three months.

It is NO exaggeration that I was hung up on, misdirected on the phone tree several times and not ONE ### there could even understand why I was upset. Oh, and I so LOVE talking to people that have no command of the English language. It's like trying to converse with a 3 year old. Thanks India for all that customer service (lack thereof).

After everything, including 3 hours, agonizing hours, on the phone, some nit wit says he'd give me a $40 credit. I canceled my service as I will NEVER deal with those ### again. What a rip [email protected]!

Sandra Murphree Apr 10, 2008

I quit Dish Network and sent back their boxes. I was warned by UPS that I had better have my tracking numbers or they would charge me. They sent a letter that they were going to charge me and I called and gave them the numbers and they found the boxes. Said I would have my check back in two weeks. instead in two weeks they charged my checking account almost four hundred dwellers, when I called them they said they would put it back in 7 to 10 day. We are senior citizens and don't have that kind of money, their attitude is to bad. Don't ever do business with Dish TV.

Patrick Hurl Apr 11, 2008

I think, overall Direct TV does a good job of providing the programming as advertized. My complaint with them is outsourcing their customer service to the Phillipines. I think if you choose to outsource, then outsource everything, including the sales. They don't because their sales would drop dramatically. Just like DELL, wonder why their outsourcing has been cut back?

• Ca
    cathy Apr 13, 2008

I have had dish family pkg. (60)channels for 2 or 3 years on4-13-08 came home from trip out of town, only to find I had lot's more channels I called dish talked to a guy who said that I had upgraded to america's top 100 channels, on 4-10-08 I informed him that I had done no such thing and that I would like to have the name of the person at the company that set this up, he said he was unable to know that info. he did of course cancel the order I never made in the 1st place, I just am wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them, I find this very deceptive!!!

• Ra
    Ramsey Ogg May 11, 2008

I have had Dish Network for several years. I switched to Dish from DirectTv because Dish had my local channels.

I have two receivers which run 4 tv's. One of the receivers is a DVR receiver and it runs the tv's in the family room and master bedroom. Something happened over a week ago and we were unable to receive a signal on the tv in the family room. The one in the bedroom worked. I called Dish and we went through everything over the phone, and it turned out be to be something which I think may relate to the satellite itself . A service call would be required.

To make a long story short, the first available service call was on Sunday, May 11 (yes, Mother's Day in the US) between 12 and 5 p.m. This was EIGHT days from the time I called until they could set up a service call. So, no tv in the family room for eight days.

On the morning of the scheduled service call, I get a call canceling the appointment (I was actually in church when the call came in - thank goodness my phone was on vibrate). The message said the technician did not have the necessary parts to complete the service call, and it was rescheduled for the next Thursday between 12 and 5 p.m.

The technician has had eight days to determine what he needs for our service call but has not done so and canceled the appointment. We will now be without service on our primary tv for 13 days before a service call is made - if it in fact happens on that day. I bet I won't automatically receive a credit on my bill for the time I was without service. I'm sure I will have to go round and round with them about this.

What happened to good customer service? Dish Network does not care about its customers. It says it is no. 1 ranked in customer satisfaction. If this is the case, I would hate to be with some other, lower ranked cable or satellite provider. And why did we ever allow providers to dictate to the customer a FIVE hour window of time where we have to be available for them to repair something of theirs which is broken? If you aren't there when the serviceman is ready for you, you miss your service call and have to reschedule. What about putting the customer's schedule ahead of the company repairman's schedule?

Rob Nealey May 13, 2008

I will NEVER order Direct TV again. I hope anyone thinking about this will do the same. I just completed 1 year of service with Direct TV and the whole time I was locked into the agreement I had nothing but problems from BS promises on pricing to customer NO service. Recently after finally ending my service agreement after the year I received a charge for the boxes totalling 175.00. I called Direct TV and they said that even though I was getting the boxes free with a 1 year subscription, I had to send them in or they charge you for them. I really didn't need the boxes anyway and I still had them, so I sent them in. Well its been going on a month and I still haven't received my credit back to my card. I called into customer NO service and they said it can take up to 30 days. 30 DAYS?? didnt take them but 24hrs to charge me!! I have worked in sales and service for 12 years. Even 12 years ago when I first started I never saw a credit take more that 15 business days Surely a company that is built on communications by satalite can credit 175.00 to my card within 48hrs like any other institution. I now have Time Warner Cable for internet and TV and have been very pleased. I hope anyone reading this has access to ANY service other than Direct TV. I will tell all my friends, coworkers, family, etc. to never sign with them.

• Valerie May 13, 2008

Dish Network charges consumers a $5.00 fee for each receiver you have in your home that is not connected to a phone line. This fee is unfair to consumers that don't want to order their online movies etc. Most people only have one phone line jack in a room, and their not going to move their furniture, to suite Dish Network or spend hundreds of dollars to install phone lines. This is a consumer rip off, and should be investigated by the government. After calling and complaining to customer service, I was given a cool response, with no satisfaction. Switching back to cable is looking better.

• To
    Tom McKinnon May 13, 2008

Direct TV is the WORST!!!
    I will never deal with them again.
    There is something very dishonest with this company

• To
    Tom McKinnon May 13, 2008

I just realized that I have been had by a real pro, Direct TV
    It is very obvious that that they have a lot of practice in screwing people.
    I vow to never use and to persuade others on the brink of the HD tv battle to Never, I repeat Never chose Direct tv.
    Do anything but don't go with Direct tv.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices