Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Credit Cards Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services securing a credit card
R
Author of the complaint
1:11 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My attempts at securing a travel rewards credit card with DISCOVER were a joke.

They requested proof of address and proof of social security coverage. I submitted a statement from Prudential insurance with my proper address on it.

At the same time I submitted a page from US.gov.socialsecurity with a copy of my social security card at the bottom.

When I called to verify the receiving of this information, I was told that the social security card was too dark and that the Prudential statement did not have a date on it.

Because I am visiting family away from home I was attempting to secure this card before I have to pay off some large upcoming bills.

This was very frustrating. I began by trying to submit the documentation electronically via computer. The DISCOVER card system only accepts certain types of files, not including WORD. Attempts to try to convert to these files were unsuccessful. So the next step was going to the local library to make copies of the above mentioned files. Next was a trip to Staples to pay $2 to fax this information to DISCOVER.

I had spoken to a person a few days before and they assured me that my documentation would be acceptable. Now after running around to try and provide acceptable documentation, I am told that what I submitted is not acceptable.

The irony is that I have outstanding credit and DISCOVER has just lost a very serious customer who had planned to use this card as my primary credit card.

CONGRATULATIONS DISCOVER ! You just alienated a loyal potential customer. Your loss. There are other companies that want my business.

Randall E. Stone

More Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services complaints & reviews

Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - scam and cheating
Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - dispute of charges
Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - lower payment plan scam
Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection
Discover Bank / Discover Financial Services - usurious increase in apr by discover card
0 comments