Direct TV — billing, false contract, raising monthly rate when signed a two yr. contract
I made the mistake of ordering Direct TV online. First they give you a caculator that gives you the exact amount (supposedly) on the site. Direct TV charged me above and beyond $30.00 more per month (the leasing of receivers, DVR, and taxes, etc.). Then I find out the contract on line was for two years. I thought anytime you get cable or Direct TV, etc. its month to month unless you get a special deal. I did this all in Sept. 2007. Then in March, 2008 Direct TV by way of "stuffing your billing statement" raised my monthly rate once again.
I want to terminate my contract with Direct TV due to fraudulent practices on billing, and intial contract stipulations. If there is anyone that has had this same problem please contact me via email. Maybe if enough people get together, someone in the consumer protection office will look into this and it will be corrected.
More Direct TV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks!
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience!
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion
- Direct TV - someone elso opened an account with my last name and address
- Direct TV - failure to get proper credits on my bill
- Direc TV Support - very poor service
- DirecTV - no show installation
- DirecTV - new guide change