Direct Energygas delivery

M

Due to a error by Direct Energy, they sent Atco Gas to turn off gas service to my home on the morning of April 23. Direct Energy's database had 2 customers with my address. Several months ago I started receiving overdue bill notices for the other individual who is unknown to me. I marked "Return to Sender, not at this address" on the envelopes and returned them to Direct Energy. I also called their offices to advise that there was an address error. Eventually when this other individual didn't pay (one, because he doesn't live here, and two because he never received his mail) they turned off gas service. I spent most of the day on April 23 and April 24 on the phone trying to get this sorted out. All of Direct Energy's calls are routed through the Philippines and Guatamala and finding someone who could understand the situation was nearly impossible. By the end of the day on April 24, I found someone with the ability to send a reactivation request to Acto. Unfortunately, as this whole process took so long, Atco was unable to send a technician to my home until April 27. By that time I will have been without gas for 4 days. To put this in context, in our home we use gas for heating, hot water, and cooking. This is a HUGE inconvenience and Direct Energy isn't willing to make it right. The fact is that Atco Gas has emergency technicians that could come any time of the day or night if they wanted to. However, neither company seems to care.

• Rc
    rckt Jan 22, 2013

Did you ever get your issue resolved? We supposedly have an agreement since 2011 when direct energy came to fix our old water heater tank, they replaced with a new one and now we have to buy it out if we want it removed.

• Jc
    jcipro Jun 27, 2012

After months of chasing Direct Energy for a copy of a supposed contract that they said we signed with them in 2008, they produced a forged document with a fake signature on it. What can we do now to sue them - we need to spread the word about these thieves!!

• Sm
    small buz May 24, 2012

They came to my place of business. They quoted me a price but when I got my Peco bill the rate was higher. When I tried to call customer service, I was put on hold forever. They told me the price was not confirmed until sumitted by sales. I would not recommend this supplier.

• Ds
    dstorie51 Jun 27, 2011

I called Direct Energy plumbing division to have a leak in my bathroom repaired-the first plumber came said he didnt do crawl spaces, i called back the second time the plumber never even showed but told me we dont do crawl spaces-If you dont do crawl spaces Direct Energy then why waste my time booking these jobs

Chris From Edmonton Jun 02, 2011

On Thursday morning June 2, 2011 on CHED Radio there was a commercial for Energy Direct using young children. Do not use children in advertising as it is exploitive and degrading to children. My son and daughter were also offended by the commercial.

• Ed
    Edward Armstrong Aug 05, 2010

Do not recall ever having an account with this particular agency. Would like to know the address that account was opened, when and how long ago. Thank You