DiGi Telecommunications Logo

DiGi Telecommunications

Having problems with DiGi Telecommunications?

DiGi Telecommunications Customer Service Contacts

+60 162 211 800 (Customer Service)
+60 357 211 800 (Head Office)
D’House, Lot 10, Jalan Delima 1/1, Subang Hi-Tech Industrial Park, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor
Malaysia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DiGi Telecommunications Customer Service. Initial DiGi Telecommunications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DiGi Telecommunications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DiGi Telecommunications. Discuss the issues you have had with DiGi Telecommunications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Digi Malaysiadata charges

Digi is charging their customers based on what they claim to be true and nothing else in the world matters.
I was once charged excessively on data when I changed to use an iphone.
As iphone pre-ios4 has no capability of turning off gprs unless jail broken, I reluctantly paid for the data charges due to my own lack of knowledge.
After that charge, I searched around and found that digi requires an apn to connect to their network.
So I removed the apn and I was not able to connect to the data network any more.
Everything was fine until a recent visit to genting, when I was charged for accessing their data network.
The charges coincide with the exact duration when I was in genting.
It started just about after I arrived and stopped just before I left.

Digi is claiming it is due to the phone but I argued that if it was the phone, the charges should have happened outside of genting too.
In fact, it should have since I was charged on 2 separate line on 2 different iphones carried by 2 different people.
Yet, the charges were only during the period in genting.
After several mails of arguing, they changed their argument point probably due to me asking if they wanted to include the apple team since they are playing finger pointing and I would like the apple team to at least know what is happening.

The new stand was the apn was stored within the sim card and it was switched.
Now this creates a whole new problem.
All the while, when we request for carrier settings, it was sent to us in an update file.
After receiving the update files, we are prompted to verify if we want to install the update.
Yet now, they are saying that they can change/overwrite/overrule our apn settings which I think is an invasion of privacy.
In other words, it means they can charge you whenever they wish to.
I continued to pressure them on why the charges only happened in genting.
Even if they changed my phone apn against my wishes, the fact still remained that it only happened in genting.
With an apn change, I should still be charged after leaving genting but there isn't any.

Now, they are just keeping silent and repeating the same thing that the charges are genuine just to frustrate me to get me off their backs.
They say the charges are genuine but they are unable to provide any supporting documents due to privacy protection policies.
Ironic isn't it when they can change/overwrite/overrule your settings yet you are not allowed to view information that belongs to you in the first place.
Their term of evidence is the date, time and data transfer which I am currently disputing.
My request for the supporting documents are being turned down repeatedly.
They are also not providing any solutions on what they will do to rectify this problem (Which I do not think they consider it a problem since it is a source of income for them and what they say is final).

• Hc
      hcbeh Jul 20, 2017

I totally agree with you as I am facing the similar problem as well

• Po
      poor rakyat Dec 15, 2012

They cheat everyone who turn the gprs on with such ridiculas charges, because they have alibaba director, so you wont get justice, and you complaint more you will receive disturb call an SMS non stop, and they will ask you go lodge the polis report, useless government never help and people only concern their own pocket.

• Xa
      Xavier Chai Jan 30, 2012

This is the same frustration i had with Digi. Their investigation team's decision is final! They are the kings! I was accused of stealing their data, and insisted that their charging RM68 is big favor that i'd be kissing them and thanking them (after shouting about the RM240, down from RM1000+usage as recorded by them). This charging of RM68 simply means that i admitted i've stolen their data and got caught. Why'd anybody in their sane mind want to steal data, when he can sign up for unlimited usage for a mere RM68/mon? This 'investing team' waived my 2nd & 3rd months' bill (each RM240 for each RM1000+ recorded usage), but insisted that I've 'stolen' the 1st month's data, hence the penalty of RM68!
      Another issues creep ed up: the so called "Valued-added services" where unauthorised con-provider quietly charging thru Digi RM2 to RM3 per sms/mms that I've deleted and never opened! When confronted, Digi said they only collected the $ on behalf, and there's nothing they can do, except writing an email to tell these con-providers that the customers have found out about these scams, pls stop sending to them. But they told me i've to call these con-providers for a refund?! and i've nothing at hand to talk to these con-men. As far as i m concerned, Digi collaborated with them, cos Digi had never inform the customers about these creeping scams and worst, collected the 'dirty $' on behalf and pay to them dutifully. I have a strong feeling these con-providers are actually Digi-setups, and they just collect nett (my charges on these so-called VAS is much higher than my actual phone usage). Each month these VAS is getting higher, when the customers did not detect, as i put my Digi bill on auto-pay to my Credit Card, and I travel often, hence the over-sight and they can fool around with us!
      Hi all the guys out there who are victims to these manipulated faults, can we group together and demand our $ and our records restored clean?! Let the victims unite!! MR. X, KUL

• Ke
      KentLau Jul 11, 2011

Recently I change my old phone to a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone.

and the seller of Samsung remind me that DO NOT turn on the PACKET Data option in the phone, and I will not be charge for using Internet fee.

I do the same.

then after 3 weeks, I receive a huge amount of phone bills from DIGI, claiming that I use exceed the limit.

I am just using ordinary service with Digi.

Then I call back to Digi customer service.
      and they say because I am using their GPRS service.

When I start subscribing their GPRS?
      They said after I change to a smartphone, then the smartphone will send update automatically via GPRS service.

I double check with SAMSUNG Ace seller, they said it will not.

What is the smartphone to do with constantly update version?

Now, the Digi still claiming that they can charge me because I have use GPRS to automatic update smartphone..
      that means Digi can say that your smartphone can send SMS without you knowing and still charge you a huge amount of fee.

• El
      Elein Chan Jun 27, 2011

I got same problem with you, I think DIGI ready to bankrupt already, that's why DIGI need to cheating more money from customer!!!

Digi Malaysiabad services

i had cancelled my digi broadband services on 22/03/2010, and settled all the balance at Taipan digi centre, but till now i still receiving the monthly statement charging me every month, even through i have called up for complaining several times, but the bill still coming on july. Very surprising why cant they just taking the action and settled the case on spot once the customer gave the feedback and complaint.

• Si
        sim sin huat Jul 21, 2010

i had sign my Digi broadband service on april in Pisa penang and the offer packet is RM50 per month with 10G and thru my credit card with downpayment RM100.I received the statement on the later of month state that i had sign for the 16g with monthly Rm158.
        I call up digi service centre several time and the service operator told me my issue still pending under investigation and will let me know the outcome between 24 hours or 48 hours.But untill today, i had receiced 3 statement and credit thru my credit card 3 time and was uneable to resovlve my problem.Is really irritating me and i regreted using digi service.
        For digi malaysia, i only can say one thing "very very lousy service"

From sim

Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd (Digi)unfair king downloader contest

King Downloader game promotion using Digi as wireless platform to win a daily gift (from 01~30-Dec), the top downloader of the day can win the gift. (http://www.digi.com.my/whatshot/promotions/gamepromo/index.do)

I am holding Digi postpaid number, trying to win yesterday (20-Dec) gift which is playstation 3. Before noon time I always the top downloader, after noon time another subscriber challenge to be the top downloader, I don't want to loose the prize so have to download more games to become top downloader. However I found that my donwload is limited to 6 games per hour, whereas the challenger can download more than that.

I feel strange and unfair why my number is limited on 6 download games, so I called to Digi service center to query on the limitation.

Digi explained that:
      - Postpaid subscriber limited to RM50 download per hour, each game costs RM8, so 6 games download per hour
      - Prepaid subscriber limited to RM100 download per hour, each game costs RM8, so 12 games download per hour

If the download exceed the above limit, then the downloading will be blocked and resume after an hour.

I explained to Digi this is unfair to all postpaid subscriber, because with the above limitation maxinum download per day for:
      - postpaid, 24 hours x 6 downloads = 144 downloads
      - prepaid, 24 hours x 12 downloads = 288 downloads

The above simple calculation can prove that postpaid subscriber will never win the top downloader.

So I called to Digi service center again, saying the contest is unfair to me (postpaid number), they have to either
      - increase my downloading limit, at least same as prepaid subscriber
      or
      - refund all the downloading credit (already made RM320 download), and I'm not going to continue as it is unfair

Digi escalated the case and will give me the answer within 24 hours.

Today noon time (within 24 hours after reporting) I received a call from Digi, the answer are:
      - the download limitation cannot change, it is the law from MCMC
      - cannot refund because this is handled by EA, Digi is providing the platform, and EA is the company to hold the service.

The answers made me crazy, I feeling that being cheated and helpless.

What I am thinking is, Digi should at least put the statement that the download limitation is different for postpaid and prepaid subscribers in the 'Terms and Conditions'.

The contest is still carrying on till end of Dec, hope all the postpaid subscriber will not be cheated by the contest because postpaid will never win if with the limited downloading credit.

• Di
          DiGi Game Master Dec 27, 2009

Dear DiGi Gamer, we at DiGi are looking into your complaint. Your claim is verified. The condition of the different of cap spending for both postpaid and prepaid was overlook when the mechanics of the contest was build. We apologize for this. But we thank you for highlighting this to us so that we can refined future contest mechanics. Thank you for your support towards our services.

Digi Malaysialousy services

when I was at overseas using DiGi prepaid card (I owned 3 of them!!!) - their *128# was not working due to "upgrading process" that they claimed will "improved customer experiences etc etc"

so I wasn't able to transfer my remaining talktime from one card to another - to keep my numbers active when I am overseas. This lousy *128# is not working until one day all my cards are expired -

and I asked the DiGi customer service to activate one of my card when the *128# is back to normal - they refused to do so, although they admitted their services is indeed not working during that few days...

and after I asked for refund for all 3 my cards - they refused to do so... is it this kind of services that consumer is looking for ?

• Pe
            Peachsundae Jul 29, 2011

I am very disappointed with the response I get when I reported to digi at Times Square that the Home key on my iPhone has been unresponsive.
            Those who use Maxi get their phone replaced on the spot and mine purchares only Jan 2011, I was told you wait we will call you. But its been more than 3 weeks. I had better change to Maxi. Better service

DiGi — they charged more than I had spent

I have been using Digi prepaid since August 2007. So far, I enjoy using this service as Digi always send some...