Complaints & Reviews

Order status partially shipped
Order total amount myr 50.00
Shipment date 13/01/2014
Shipment status delivered

Shipment tracking code (No tracking code)
Purchased items
Advance payment for broadband 4gb
Broadband 4gb (3g/4g)
Msisdn

I'm ordered a 3g broadband service and the package included a free modem, but when I received the parcel just have a sim card. I did report to digi customer service at 16/1/2014, but they just asked me to wait for this 2 working days to replace a modem to me. But I have'nt receive until today, so how to settle for this or anyone can give me a answer???

Digi Malaysia

non-existent customer service

I was previously a digi subscriber up till December 2012. I have been receiving calls from Digi's outsource number [protected] regarding an outstanding bill recently. I have switched to celcom since December 2012 and the call on outstanding bill came 7 months later in July 2013 without even a hardcopy statement being sent in the whole period of 7 months! Nevertheless, I had gone to the digi centre in Satok Kuching to verify and paid it off on 5th July 2013. A letter of release was also issued confirming my payment of the last outstanding bill. Today I received another call from the same outsource insisting that I have not paid because it DOES NOT SHOW UP IN THE SYSTEM. I also took the following actions:

1. I asked her to verify with the digi centre in Satok. All I got was an sms message again saying I have outstanding amount.

2. I tried going online to the digi website. No place for lodging complaints or feedback or even to talk to a customer service person. Obviously I also cannot log in to the OCS anymore as I have switched to celcom.

3. I tried calling your digi help line [protected]. There are 4 options. Option 1 - If I am still a customer (I am not!), option 2 - broadband issues, Option 3 - Pin code for blocked lines, Option 4 - digi's other exciting packages and services. NONE OF THE ABOVE enables me to bring up my concern or talk to a customer service person.

4. I called [protected], the number stated on my release letter. They told me I have to call digi customer centre at [protected] and they could not help me because they cannot check.

So, WHERE CAN I GET MY ISSUE RESOLVED?? If this is how digi avoids their customers by being vague and not clear about where customers can actually get help, it is indeed a far cry from excellent service. I would also like to point out that the customer should not be penalized for Digi's system not being updated and the outsource team or at least Digi's internal processes for handling such cases should be robust and resourceful enough to be able to check among the digi centres where payment was indicated to be made - without having the customer to tell the staff how they can go about checking! It's frustrating trying to get help to resolve the issue when one is telling me it does not show up on the system, customer service for such enquiries are practically non-existent and the customer just get passed around in circles!

• Rw
    R.Won Jul 18, 2013

Digi says they always want to improve BUT they do not get anywhere with this kind of lousy services and unhelpful staffs... And it's so funny that they made a fool out of themselves by even bother to send you an SMS asking you how likely will you introduce "Digi Services/Line" to others after any call... I can say "NEVER"!!!

• Rw
    R.Won Jul 18, 2013

Digi's services are getting worst instead of better. And ALL THEY THINK is how to cheats your $.
    They can give you the reason of their charges is "Because you did not ask". As a customer, no matter how patient you are, you will feel that this is not the RIGHT WAY to talk to your clients!
    And it's so funny that they made a fool out of themselves by sending you a feedback SMS asking "How likely will you recommend Digi to others" after you have called them... and my HONEST FEEDBACK would be NEVER!!!

• Da
    DaoQi May 18, 2014

Internet connection is so damn bad!! I've been using digi as my telco for almost 10 years already and this is the first i just couldn't accept the bad connection. My video was pause and I can only hear voices, what nonsense is that? It's totally unacceptable. It's in the middle of city and at non peak hour. Nonsense!! Fix it fast or else I'll switch to other telco. You choose

AnuarMdnor Sep 26, 2016

My wife has lost handphone after my car is broken down by criminals, reports on the digi been made to prevent online abuse at September 11, 2016. Due to the holiday feast the next day and 2, 3 busy to manage windscreen broken and failed to get it, both sim cards were made on september 22. However disappointing my wife's mobile phone number has been lost or terminated by the digi without notice and without warning. I have no experience of this kind are very disappointed because the numbers that have been used for many fizzled and the numbers that are not claimed within 5 days will be confiscated. Very disappointing ... Good exchange to other companies. ( bye-bye 012-2319738 )

digi's many hidden charges

Digi is highly unethical, it never fails to raise my blood pressure each time I'm back in Malaysia.
1. Spams me with nonstop commercials daily and nightly when I sleep!
2. Helpline is filled with hidden commercials, operator press #1, then -commercial- service press 2 -commercial-
bla bla till finally operator on 4th or 5th try. Wow..
3. Promotions filled with hidden traps" free 100mb internet for 2 days! I used it, it charged me RM8 instead, due
to over quota... oh duh, I wasn't informed of that! To unsubscribe press 126 1 1 1 1 or sth, I did, it SUBSCRIBED
a $3 net instead!!! And subject to autorenewal! Wow...
4. Thought fine, so I disable autorenewal on my old card, OH DISABLED, due to expired, pls topup. Fine.. topping up RM30
for a months net... it auto renews RM3 immediately!!! whether I like it or not!!!Therefore I'm left with RM27, unable to subscribe to RM30.
When Called helpline this was their reply:
"If I "I'm sorry sir, we cannot refund, if I help, I will be penalised!" so Digi is so anal about helping customers? The customer
didn't give a hoot in paying RM30, but Digi will penalise its workers for refunding an AUTORENEWAL the customer doesn't NEED? Told the customer
svc person I never ask for autorenewal and I haven't even used it yet, can I at least get a refund? "I"m sorry sir, we cannot refund you on
something you've agreed upon". Have I agreed for it to be autorenewed or Digi simple forced it onto customers throats?!?!
Nvm, I transfer RM3 to my $27 account making it $30... it DEDUCTS 70cents from it making it 2.30!!! And further deduct 0.30 to the receiver account wow!!!
Again Digi eat my $1 just for transferring $3!!! And ended up not $30, so I did it for 2nd time, thus losing RM2 on the fly only made my account $30 thus enabling the $30/mth 3g 600mb. What is 600mb? Just a few youtube movies!!! 1-2days usage!! then it restricts my speed to 62K or somethingbut it's actually highly volatile and unstable from 0.1k-6k only!!! Keep spamming sms to me asking me to pay more surf more. I can hardly browse pics, it's not even running on 60k, they purposely made it difficult for users, as to subscribe more $$$ to them again and again. All in all I've always wasted tons of $ on Digi, keep digging and digging and customer service is useless, Digi don't give a HOOT on cheating customers and I can vouch on that!! No more digi for me but I do sincerely hope they get penalized by an honest government body someday.

• Az
    Azharimohd Mar 03, 2016

Plss help me.. I need my refund bcause before this i hav reload rm30 and buy the internet package rm30 for one month.. But after 2week on 3rd march 2016 my credit goin to 0 without any reason.. Then all the internet package n free calling service to buddy is terminated..so i decide to topup rm5 at the night 3rd march 2016 in the same day.. Then i check back my couta internet and still active.. when i turn on my data suddenly my credit going to 0 back in few second.. I fill so disspointed.. Plss dear digi i need my refund.. This is my number (0106696157)

unfair service

I feel utterly cheated by Digi again and again! My SIM is low in credit, I transfered $5 over, spoke to my friend for $0.80 cents, but my balance now is only $0.90 cents!!! Why? because Digi auto renew my daily internet, which I don't need! And it's 11.30pm now, means only 30mins of usage, if I ever use it at all. They should abolish the lame Autorenewal thing, it's discriminating, and people obviously don't need that!!! What's more yesterday 15th/1/2003 Digi's 2g and 3g was down halfday and greatly inconvenienced me! What’s worst, my last 30mins of usage, as of now, I get disconnected like 6 times from the net already. Wow…. Never been so dissatisfied with a lame provider. It's unfair when the user clearly subscribe for 1 day data, Digi auto renews it, whether one is aware or not, until the amount reach below the subscription rate! Like me was caught unaware and paid $3 for nothing!!!1
DAM CHEATER!!!

digi line bad

constantly gone to make complaints at the counters set up and they said that they will take note and do the...

bad attitude

i've terminated my contract with digi on last march and switch to another service provider, and before that i clear my bill and all that. On September 29 9:16 AM, there was a malay lady name Shikin from digi customer centre, called and said that i have still rm11.08 of outstanding bill and asked me to clear it ASAP. I felt cheated why should i pay since i clear the bill already, how can i remember the exact figure that i paid. If i am and why they have to drag almost six months to inform somebody that they actually still have the outstanding amount. SO, i decided not to pay and wanted to wait they called me up again. last saturday, the same malay lady called me up again, i asked her to explain to me regarding the outstanding bill issue and wat took them so long to inform me. The way that she spokes to me were so rude and hang my phone when i was talking to her on the half way. WTH!!! HEY SHIKIN, IF YOU DONT LIKE UR JOB, PLS QUIT !!! INI BUKAN U BAPA PUNYA COMPANY, IM AINT UR SLAVE!!! IF U WAN TO YELL OR SCREAM, GO HAVE 7 KIDS, SO U CAN YELL DIFFERENT PEOPLE 7 DAYS A WEEK.

robbing customer in the living daylight

Robbed in the broad daylight by DIGI.

I recently went to Medan, and I called up the DIGI hotline, wanting to know if my roaming was activated, and how much was the charges if I switched on my 3G. I was advised that if I selected Indosat network, its only RM38 a day. I called up twice after that to ensure the information I received was correct, and since I received consistent information, I was glad. Upon reaching Medan, I was asked to select a network- there was a popup on my iPhone screen, and I specifically selected Indosat. My stay in Medan was for 4 days and 3 nights and upon returning to Malaysia I decided to check what is my outstanding to make payment.
To my horror, my outstanding showed RM 1, 891.35, it was really a shock of my life. I immediately called in to dispute the bill, and I was informed, it seems if my Indosat network signal was low, it will auto roaming by itself, and select the strongest signal. I informed them that it is no fault of mine if you auto roam and chose a network without my consent. I didn’t authorize it. The service consultant understood my grievances and raised a dispute. I was informed to call in every 5 days as they are only able to temporarily unbar my line, and ever since then, I had been calling in to the hotline every 5 days to unbar my line since that event. (That’s 3 months in total)
Last month, I called in and asked them the update of the case, and I was informed that my dispute was successful and it will be credited during my next billing cycle, which would be on the 12th of September. I was satisfied and happy, finally, justice and fairness being served. But I was still requested to call in every 5 days to unbar my line until it has been credited into my account. I agreed, as long as this matter is being resolved. Today is the 15th of September 2011, and my line was barred- again. I was rather surprised, because my billing date was over, I called in back, this morning about 8.30am, and again I was told that my dispute was approved, but the billing department only opens at 9am, and was requested to call back later, and the adjustment will be done immediately. I agreed, and informed him to unbar my line in the meantime. I called in at 9.30am, and I spoke to a different service consultant, and she had informed me that its approved and she will transfer my call to the billing department.
It was then, that all hell broke lose. I was then informed that my dispute was rejected. Can you imagine the frustration and how angry I was at that point of time. I stood silent and patient all this while for 3 months, calling in twice every week to obtain an update and unbar my line. And now I was told that my dispute is being rejected? And all those called made in, for the past 1 month being told that my dispute was being approved, was all lies? You conned your customer badly, and you lied. You robbed me in the living daylight, and for something which I am not even liable for!!!
Even if you were to reject the dispute, where was the decency and courtesy to call your customer to inform them? How is this fair to me? I am requested to pay for something which I did not even authorize to begin with!!! And all your service consultants, have clearly told me that its being approved- please go ahead and retrieve your call.
I will not be succumb and be lied and cheated. God knows how many other innocent victims are there out there! Please look into this matter and I demand justice to be served. Or else, I will sue DIGI, for all the inconvenience caused, lies and misleading information received in the spent of 3 months.

Yours Sincerely,
Don Natalie Pereira
don.[protected]@gmail.com

• Em
    Emma Elisabeth Mar 27, 2012

I had experience thee same victimized feeling by Indosat. I was travelling to the United States and brought two of my mobile phones with me. One is my Blackberry and the other one is my IPhone. For my Blackberry I am using a Telkomsel number and had registered my self with one of the save cost roaming packages offered by Telkomsel. While my IPhone which I have brought with me I did not register for any special roaming package Indosat might have/ offer, since I know I will not be using this number much (only for emergency cases since my family knows theis number better). Mind me I had this number for almost 13 years and I was mostly honored by Indosat VIP Customer for prompt payment before due date etc.I departed Bali on March 06th, 2012 to Miami (I did not use my IPhone for calling or receiving any call, only a few sms before my plane took off from Bali), but then I received a cphone call from Indosat Jakarta late at night Miami time (due to the time difference) on March 13the, 2012 (which means March 15th, 2012 Jakarta time) from an Indosat personal advising me that my telephone bill had reached an amount of Rp 5 million sometheing rupiah. I was confused that time because I was still half asleep actually (when the Indosat lady called) but then I did not think much about this yet. So I let it go at that without complaint. But then suddenly on March 14the, 2012 in the very late evening) I received an email message through my BB from a certain Ms. Ria stating that based on my colleague's advise, Indosat had blocked my number because my phone bill have reached an amount of Rp 54 million sometheing. This email message sure did gave me a schock of my life. I have not even used my IPhone for any calls or receiving calls except from Indosat (anyone can check my phone for proof), yes my roaming was on for message which I might receive from home, and all of a sudden in one night time my phone bill had gone up to a ridiculously amount from Rp 5 million something to Rp 54 million something. Unbelievable ????? With my BB I replied to her message saying that my colleague had not instructed anything to her, and that the amount reached for my billing is an unbelievable amount which I will never in my life accept and pay. And that they need to investigate their system because it is just not logical at all. Who ever in his/her right mind would use a phone totalling up to Rp 54 million rupiahs ???? especially when they are abroad on a business trip to find business not throwing money away on telephoning people. Is this how Indosat treats their VIP customers. ???? Just because we are always paying on time etc, they think that they can robbed us out in the middle of the night Miami time and in broad daylight Indonesia time.

I state now and always to Indosat ...that I will never pay that ridiculous billing amount to my number and I would rather pay all the newspapers in Indonesia to print my story with that kind of money so that Indosat will never do this kind of robbing to anyone else in this world. Wether they are Indonesians or Malaysians or what ever country they are from...don't ever use Indosat providers if you do not want to be robbed in the middle of the night or in broad daylight like Don Natalie Pereira.

Sincerely,

Elly Malaihollo

digi lousy service

I'm so dissapointed with digi services. On 19aug2011 called cm service regds my broadband issues. I guess, a guy name rosli, attended my call than say wanna transfer call to broadband support team, ms Nora attended the call, I felt she is so blur and not trained well her job, she promise a call back within 48 hours. Today is allready 25th august. No call bc receive. After some time, I called directly to digi broadband support team, ms nirmala attended my call and asked for digi broadband number, I said I don have it and gave my ic number. She claims there no broadband registered under my name! I'm really don what kind of data system digi is using. She was so so rude and raise voice. I asked her to not raise voice and will make compliant. She is so daringly say you can make a compaint as all our conversation is recorded! Is this how digi staff trained to behave to customer? When digi selling your product, this is how you all behave? So kind and humble right? How come when we asking for a favour, you all sounded so irritating to the customers? She never bother to apologize, even on the end of our conversation. Even worst, I went down to city square, so call digi center personally, to get this issue done. The attended me say I need to go down to molek digi center. Ask him a favour to send my broadband for repair he refuse to do that, say cannot this and that. I was so fed up say I got no time to do that than ask him to cancel my broadband service. He straight away without convince me, show me a way to customer service officer for the cancelations !!! What is this??? let me see after this complaint, do anybody take initiative to call me bc and rectify my issue here!-Anna

• Ga
    gatewaysibu Jan 15, 2016

We, Company registered under the coporate rate using 13 units of telephone line for 2 years as per your contract.
    We had complain and complain until now the situation haven't been solved.
    Our problem is that, when we are in the Office, our line cannot call in or out usually, thus we had to go to the front shoplot to receive the call only.
    Your Technician also ask us to install the Receiver on the 4 Floor but the situation is almost the same. In this case we the pay master for your Digi need to solve the problem ourself as our monthly bill is Rm1000.00.
    Hope you can solve it forus.
    Thank.
    By; -Raven Chiong
    Hp 0168895665

bad service

I would like to make complaint about the bad service provide by DiGi Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd.
I am very disappointed with the services provide by your staff. I and one group of friend when to sungai wang at 30 JUNE 2011, time 7.35pm 48second which is your company(DiGi Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd) is having a event at there. One of your staff (a DJ) was asking us to join the game which he said we can win ferari, banglo and ect, as a human of cause i won't believe, but because the event was organize by Digi so we want to try, while another chinese (Fat guy(sorry say that cause i never know what he name)) was asking my friend to take out the Iphone to detect the WIFI and go in to download the application to play the game(tag reader), although my friend was a maxis user, but she still support your event, but the WIFI at SUNGAI WANG was so slow. One of your staff ((sorry i also don't know what she name )a tomboy chinese girl) tell my friend to change her plan to digi and my friend told her is not maxis problem, my friend was using sungai wang WIFI, but she doesn't want to listen, and Digi other staff also keep say 'Maxis not good, change to Digi Plan' and my friend again tell your staff that she is using SUNGAI WANG WIFI, and your staff again and again trying to push my friend to Digi, but in the beginning your staff was said DIGI or Maxis user also can join the game, but why keep on saying Maxis not good, as a promoter/sales is it the way you treat your customer, when we also know 'Customer always right', is it the way your staff keep on say other competitor not good to the customer, is it the way how you treat your customer by forcing other to join your DIGI plan? Don't customer have the right to choose what they want? must your staff because of wanted to earn some commission and keep look down on other (Maxis) service? do you know we also know the LAW? where is in Communication Law, in slander (S.499 Penal Code) which you are not allow to talk something bad, and cause their reputation down(when Maxis was a big company). I also would like to ask your staff to take notice that don't thought we are student/worker don't know what is LAW! and I hope that DiGi Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd will try to polish their customer service and finally, who good, who bad we as a customer will know. Thank you! Please give me a feedback.If you are serious on this case!

bad service

DiGi Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd

dishonesty and refusal to replace faulty device

Approximately one month earlier, I ordered the Blackberry Bold 9780 offered by Digi on a 2 year contract with monthly charges of RM73. Unfortunately, when it arrived through delivery (by an appointed logistics company of Digi), the package had already been opened and naturally, presumed to be tampered with. I was very much against accepting the device as there was good reason to assume it had been tampered with and replaced with parts or accessories that were not genuine. The salesperson insisted that we take delivery of it and assured us that we could get a replacement device (either immediately or at most 7 weeks) at the local Digi Centre. I agreed and as expected various problems (optical trackpad, LED indicator) arose with the device. I was given a letter of claimant by the salesperson and went to the centre as was instructed. The employees at the centre were mostly unhelpful and intimated that whatever the salesperson promised was not their problem. At last, the manager agreed to replace the device and promised a replacement within 7 days. More than 7 days later, having received no follow up calls from Digi, I went back to the centre and they gave me various reasons ranging from; "It's not our fault", "stock haven't arrived", "you should contact Brightstar yourself", "I'm new here", "This is how the company operated" to my personal favourite, " This is how the company operates". Having received assurance that I would get further notice about the status of the device, I waited another 8 days. Again, they gave the same aforementioned reasons and insisted that they called my Maxis number(presumably to give the same reasons) although I was absolutely certain there had been no such calls received nor missed. Either the Centre is intimating that their Digi issued company numbers couldn't make reliable calls or that Maxis line sucks or more likely, they are attempting to insult the intelligence of a customer who have after all signed up for a "Smart Plan" to buy a SMARTphone with a telco that is supposedly always the "SMARTER" choice. It had been a month, the services are unused, and to add insult to injury, they claimed there was no way possible to waive the bill for the 1st month.

• careline_CELCOM Mar 11, 2012

Lots of people saying that they already used MAXIS for a very long time but they don't know that their being "fool" by MAXIS...why...maybe you will say why I am saying like that...correct ??? so I will explain and reveal all
    and i called it " THE SHOCKING TRUTH PART"
    and this is the reading material for you to read so you can be sure about the product.and also you can
    see by your self at :http://www.celcom.com.my/celcomexec/plans/mnp_overview.php
    so after you read and do your calculation you will become "OPEN MINDED"
    and also I want to explain a little bit more :
    that in this program you don't worry coz this is real promo from us to a few selected customers.
    The Benefit are like these :
    1. you get 10 RM Cashback/ month whole one year that mean 120 RM a year for you.
    2. you get upto 30 % Discount from your monthly bill.
    e.g : if your bill 50 RM a month you only pay 40 coz you get 10 Rm rebate.
    if 150 RM (150-10-30% = 95 RM)

actually there are 3 stages of discount

30% Automatic Discount
    - Total monthly usage: RM150 and above
    - 10.5 sen/min Voice Call
    - 8.4 sen/SMS

And all of discounts we also add 10 RM cashback a whole one year.
    and about the discount as long as you use celcom.
    so if you count you can save more, have a wider coverage and network.
    also we do not have CONTRACT
    we do not have PINALTY
    we do not have DEPOSIT

so isn't great deal for you ????
    so I meant if you can get more than your previous provider why not, right ???

THE BEST is YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR NUMBER.
    your MAINLINE GET 40 HOURS+3000 sms/MONTH
    If you have SUBLINE number also your sub also have advantages such as :
    40 hours FREE TALKING EVERY MONTH and 3000 SMS.Every Month only 15 RM.Also your SUBLINE can also become MAINLINE and get the same benefits like your MAINLINE
    Rates

20 sen/min

35 sen/MMS to any network

COMPARE WITH PLAN 50 ALSO:
    MAXIS :
    Voice Call : maxis-maxis = 12 cents/minute (other Provider 18 cents / minute)
    SMS : maxis-maxis = 5 Cents (other provider 15 Cents)

CELCOM with MAXIS number:Voice Call : CELCOM-CELCOM = 0 (Other Provider 10, 5 Cents FLAT RATE, NATION WIDE after 30 % Disc).
    SMS : CELCOM-CELCOM = 0 (Other Provider 8, 4 Cents after 30 %)
    Postpaid Plans Celcom Telco M Telco D
    Total Payable Bill after automatic discount RM111
    (RM150 - RM39) RM150 RM150
    Savings RM39 Rm 0 Rm 0

DATA PLAN :
    1 GIGA =38 RM/MONTH UNLIMITED.
    3 GIGA = 58 RM/MONTH UNLIMITED
    5 GIGA = 88 RM/MONTH UNLIMITED

Last you can imagine by your self with your usage every month
    e.g : (200 RM - 10 RM cash back - 30 % Disc = 130 RM, your saving 70 RM )
    (300 RM - 10 RM cash back - 30 % Disc = 200 RM, your saving 100 RM ),
    THE MORE YOU USE, THE MORE YOU SAVING, AND THE LESS YOU PAY),
    SO with your ammount every month you only have to pay less...correct...?? :)
    than we also have lots of rewards for you, please you see by your self at : http://mobile.celcom.com.my/celcomexec/rewards.php?id=rewards_index
    Also I give you an important Clue :
    (off the record) WE DON'T HAVE CONTRACT, NO PINALTY SO YOU STILL CAN CHANGE YOUR PROVIDER IF NOT HAPPY, RIGHT ?? :)
    BUT I BELIEVE YOU WILL BE HAPPY USING CELCOM
    AND ALSO THAT IS WAY CELCOM GET REWARD FROM MALAYSIAN GOVERMENT. :)

those are all that I want to inform you for detil you can look by your self to our website that I already gave you at above

Note : If you go to Celcom by your self you only can get to convert but you will not get the rebate and discount like I mentioned to you, also you have to pay register fee 20 RM and the SIM CARD will be charge to you.
    If you have set your mind please give me your reply A.S.A.P
    And if you still have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me. thanx

Here some tips for you for you get more about it

Best Regards,

Your Friend

bad network & poor service

I have signed up for digi-iphone package in december 2010. Immediately when i am home, i find that the network is bad at my house area. I have made complaints and ridiculously, they blamed on iphone. Claiming that it is weaker in getting signal compared to other model phones. I have already made numerous complaints, also mentioning my cousin living with me who is using digi, is facing the same problem (She is using nokia). After much hassle of complaining, digi finally came out with a report which they verbally read to me. Digi says that their network is not strong enough for the whole bandar utama 7 area (Where i live) hence some area may be affected. Also, there will be no plans of upgrade at for time being. 6years ago, my parents was using digi and had cancelled due to bad network. I am naive to think that they have already upgraded it. Anyway, i am now asking digi to waive the rm400 penalty which they charge to customers who wish to cancel the iphone plan within the 2years contract. I paid my bills promptly although i am very limited to my usage. Digi please be responsible on your weak network and waive the rm400 as i wish to cancel the package. I have also made a complaint that the technician's report which he told me through the phone, does not tally with what their online customer service replied me. Online customer service again blames it on iphone. I am now requesting a proper reply from digi stating the report which confirms it is digi that has bad network at that area. I wish to pass the report to the lawyer if they issue me a lawyer letter for not paying the ridiculous rm 400 penalty. Or better if digi give a written email or letter confirming they will waive this rm400 because they are responsible on the bad network. Would you keep the package if you face bad network at your area which is not your fault? Digi please act immediately as your people had already delayed me for almost a week.

• De
    denise_blackberry Apr 08, 2011

So sorry to hear that Miss Chuah. Many people were facing the same problem as u. My sis was an ex Digi user as well.. but she had to pay for the penalty T.T (no choice..sigh)
    If u need another option of internet service.. do contact me. I'm Denise =)
    This is my email [email protected]
    Hope everything goes smoothly for u. Have a nice day!

• Ka
    kaori123123 Jul 15, 2011

Me too. I recently change my phone to nokia n8, and after a few 40mb downloading things, i checked my bill and had tears in my eyes. It was rm445!!! I used less than 1 hour roaming. I argued at the online customer service, demanding them to check on my data usage, but they give excuses same as you. 'smartphones charges gprs data without me knowing'. My request for the supporting documents are also being turned down repeatedly!!! Wtf!!! I'll never pay my bill if this happens in my next month!!!

• Ri
    Rie Chuah Jul 17, 2011

wasting time and energy with digi..i paid rm300 out of rm400 penalty n switched to other network..i do not have network problem now and truly feel value for money..rather thn pay mthly bill but can hardly get network...

• Pr
    Prabu2203 Dec 01, 2015

Hi digi, i'm prabu from penang. I'm staying at taman mesra butterworth. At my place digi network courage very poor since few years ago. As I know many people using digi but suffering wit poor courage Please take my feedback and improve digi courage. Thank in advance

bad customer service

Digi Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd is filing a suit against me. I don't know whether their employees are...

poor customer service

I'm digi post-paid user with 2 number registered under me. A main line and a sub line. During surfing internet, I get to know that digi is offering a prepaid package called digi easy prepaid and i found that it suits my needs. So, i called customer service at [protected] to check for my nearest service centre. The customer service assistant told me that the nearest one is at Taman molek jb and it is far from my house which is at Taman perling j.b. But since i had no choice i went there and i found that actually there is another service centre at bukit indah j.b which is just near by my house.Since i already reached there, i asked the customer service assistant to can cancel my subline and convert the same number to easy prepaid package and he did the change and he told me that the change will only took place after several hours. So, i went home and later that evening i activate the new sim card and i found that the customer service assistant gave me the wrong package which is digi hit rm1. I was so disappointed and i called [protected] to verify. i was told to get back to the Taman molek branch to change it back if i want to use the same number for the prepaid. Since, the place is far from my house, ia called back [protected] to check if i can do it in bukit indah indah instead at Taman molek. But this time, different customer service assistant told me that, i cannot convert the same number from post-paid to digi easy prepaid package and if want to do so, i need to port my number to different service provider first. Since i found it is very troublesome, i decide to just by a new number and the customer service assistant ask me to go to bukit indah branch.i went there and this time another customer service assistant told me that the digi easy prepaid package is only for student. i got so pissed of and i called the [protected] infront of the guy and i heard from016221800 that there is no such thing called digi easy prepaid student package and i let this to guy talk. The guy at the counter claiming that the instruction is from his manager. But when i wantto speak with the manager, they say that he is not around and just gave me the manager fon number. So, i called the manager and the guy who answer the phone claiming that he is not the manager but still willing to listen to my problem and he told me that the student package instruction is from the digi and he don't know how come the customer service assistant at [protected] don't know that. Finnaly i hang up the phone, throw away my digi sim cardand went back home.

• careline_CELCOM Mar 11, 2012

and i called it " THE SHOCKING TRUTH PART"
    see by your self at :http://www.celcom.com.my/celcomexec/plans/mnp_overview.php
    so after you read and do your calculation you will become "OPEN MINDED"
    and also I want to explain a little bit more :
    The Benefit are like these :
    2. you get upto 30 % Discount from your monthly bill.
    e.g : if your bill 50 RM a month you only pay 40 coz you get 10 Rm rebate.
    if 150 RM (150-10-30% = 95 RM)

actually there are 3 stages of discount

30% Automatic Discount
    - Total monthly usage: RM150 and above
    - 10.5 sen/min Voice Call
    - 8.4 sen/SMS

And all of discounts we also add 10 RM cashback a whole one year.
    and about the discount as long as you use celcom.
    so if you count you can save more, have a wider coverage and network.
    also we do not have CONTRACT
    we do not have PINALTY
    we do not have DEPOSIT

so isn't great deal for you ????
    so I meant if you can get more than your previous provider why not, right ???

THE BEST is YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR NUMBER.
    your MAINLINE GET 40 HOURS+3000 sms/MONTH

20 sen/min

35 sen/MMS to any network

COMPARE WITH PLAN 50 ALSO:
    MAXIS :
    Voice Call : maxis-maxis = 12 cents/minute (other Provider 18 cents / minute)
    SMS : maxis-maxis = 5 Cents (other provider 15 Cents)

SMS : CELCOM-CELCOM = 0 (Other Provider 8, 4 Cents after 30 %)
    Postpaid Plans Celcom Telco M Telco D
    Total Payable Bill after automatic discount RM111
    (RM150 - RM39) RM150 RM150
    Savings RM39 Rm 0 Rm 0

DATA PLAN :
    1 GIGA =38 RM/MONTH UNLIMITED.
    3 GIGA = 58 RM/MONTH UNLIMITED
    5 GIGA = 88 RM/MONTH UNLIMITED

Last you can imagine by your self with your usage every month
    e.g : (200 RM - 10 RM cash back - 30 % Disc = 130 RM, your saving 70 RM )
    (300 RM - 10 RM cash back - 30 % Disc = 200 RM, your saving 100 RM ),
    THE MORE YOU USE, THE MORE YOU SAVING, AND THE LESS YOU PAY),
    SO with your ammount every month you only have to pay less...correct...?? :)
    Also I give you an important Clue :
    BUT I BELIEVE YOU WILL BE HAPPY USING CELCOM
    AND ALSO THAT IS WAY CELCOM GET REWARD FROM MALAYSIAN GOVERMENT. :)

If you have set your mind please give me your reply A.S.A.P
    And if you still have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me. thanx

Here some tips for you for you get more about it

Best Regards,

Your Friend.

• Re
    Reviewer90174 Feb 17, 2016

Since last week both my sister and I received calls from this weird number that showed Maldives, we did not pick up. Googled it and shows a bunch of digi users has been receiving it too. Leaked database? Scam calls? Just hope none of our contacts go missing or bank accounts being hacked.

• Na
    Nageshmaha Mar 08, 2016

DIGI Broadband 4G LT working slower than 2G in a location marked good in DIGI Map, I have screen shots and speed tests and my staff have informed DIGI several times. We have stopped using their services more than 3-4months still they are billing. Can the committee do something about it. They are riding on compulsory contract which is not fair. My account no is 1100009367673

internet connetction is so slow even thou the signal bar is full

I lived in Sandakan area. I have use Digi Internet since 2009 but just a few months later, the internet...

data charges

Digi is charging their customers based on what they claim to be true and nothing else in the world matters.
I was once charged excessively on data when I changed to use an iphone.
As iphone pre-ios4 has no capability of turning off gprs unless jail broken, I reluctantly paid for the data charges due to my own lack of knowledge.
After that charge, I searched around and found that digi requires an apn to connect to their network.
So I removed the apn and I was not able to connect to the data network any more.
Everything was fine until a recent visit to genting, when I was charged for accessing their data network.
The charges coincide with the exact duration when I was in genting.
It started just about after I arrived and stopped just before I left.

Digi is claiming it is due to the phone but I argued that if it was the phone, the charges should have happened outside of genting too.
In fact, it should have since I was charged on 2 separate line on 2 different iphones carried by 2 different people.
Yet, the charges were only during the period in genting.
After several mails of arguing, they changed their argument point probably due to me asking if they wanted to include the apple team since they are playing finger pointing and I would like the apple team to at least know what is happening.

The new stand was the apn was stored within the sim card and it was switched.
Now this creates a whole new problem.
All the while, when we request for carrier settings, it was sent to us in an update file.
After receiving the update files, we are prompted to verify if we want to install the update.
Yet now, they are saying that they can change/overwrite/overrule our apn settings which I think is an invasion of privacy.
In other words, it means they can charge you whenever they wish to.
I continued to pressure them on why the charges only happened in genting.
Even if they changed my phone apn against my wishes, the fact still remained that it only happened in genting.
With an apn change, I should still be charged after leaving genting but there isn't any.

Now, they are just keeping silent and repeating the same thing that the charges are genuine just to frustrate me to get me off their backs.
They say the charges are genuine but they are unable to provide any supporting documents due to privacy protection policies.
Ironic isn't it when they can change/overwrite/overrule your settings yet you are not allowed to view information that belongs to you in the first place.
Their term of evidence is the date, time and data transfer which I am currently disputing.
My request for the supporting documents are being turned down repeatedly.
They are also not providing any solutions on what they will do to rectify this problem (Which I do not think they consider it a problem since it is a source of income for them and what they say is final).

• El
    Elein Chan Jun 27, 2011

I got same problem with you, I think DIGI ready to bankrupt already, that's why DIGI need to cheating more money from customer!!!

• Ke
    KentLau Jul 11, 2011

Recently I change my old phone to a Samsung Galaxy Ace phone.

and the seller of Samsung remind me that DO NOT turn on the PACKET Data option in the phone, and I will not be charge for using Internet fee.

I do the same.

then after 3 weeks, I receive a huge amount of phone bills from DIGI, claiming that I use exceed the limit.

I am just using ordinary service with Digi.

Then I call back to Digi customer service.
    and they say because I am using their GPRS service.

When I start subscribing their GPRS?
    They said after I change to a smartphone, then the smartphone will send update automatically via GPRS service.

I double check with SAMSUNG Ace seller, they said it will not.

What is the smartphone to do with constantly update version?

Now, the Digi still claiming that they can charge me because I have use GPRS to automatic update smartphone..
    that means Digi can say that your smartphone can send SMS without you knowing and still charge you a huge amount of fee.

• Xa
    Xavier Chai Jan 30, 2012

This is the same frustration i had with Digi. Their investigation team's decision is final! They are the kings! I was accused of stealing their data, and insisted that their charging RM68 is big favor that i'd be kissing them and thanking them (after shouting about the RM240, down from RM1000+usage as recorded by them). This charging of RM68 simply means that i admitted i've stolen their data and got caught. Why'd anybody in their sane mind want to steal data, when he can sign up for unlimited usage for a mere RM68/mon? This 'investing team' waived my 2nd & 3rd months' bill (each RM240 for each RM1000+ recorded usage), but insisted that I've 'stolen' the 1st month's data, hence the penalty of RM68!
    Another issues creep ed up: the so called "Valued-added services" where unauthorised con-provider quietly charging thru Digi RM2 to RM3 per sms/mms that I've deleted and never opened! When confronted, Digi said they only collected the $ on behalf, and there's nothing they can do, except writing an email to tell these con-providers that the customers have found out about these scams, pls stop sending to them. But they told me i've to call these con-providers for a refund?! and i've nothing at hand to talk to these con-men. As far as i m concerned, Digi collaborated with them, cos Digi had never inform the customers about these creeping scams and worst, collected the 'dirty $' on behalf and pay to them dutifully. I have a strong feeling these con-providers are actually Digi-setups, and they just collect nett (my charges on these so-called VAS is much higher than my actual phone usage). Each month these VAS is getting higher, when the customers did not detect, as i put my Digi bill on auto-pay to my Credit Card, and I travel often, hence the over-sight and they can fool around with us!
    Hi all the guys out there who are victims to these manipulated faults, can we group together and demand our $ and our records restored clean?! Let the victims unite!! MR. X, KUL

• Po
    poor rakyat Dec 15, 2012

They cheat everyone who turn the gprs on with such ridiculas charges, because they have alibaba director, so you wont get justice, and you complaint more you will receive disturb call an SMS non stop, and they will ask you go lodge the polis report, useless government never help and people only concern their own pocket.

• Hc
    hcbeh Jul 20, 2017

I totally agree with you as I am facing the similar problem as well

bad services

i had cancelled my digi broadband services on 22/03/2010, and settled all the balance at Taipan digi centre, but till now i still receiving the monthly statement charging me every month, even through i have called up for complaining several times, but the bill still coming on july. Very surprising why cant they just taking the action and settled the case on spot once the customer gave the feedback and complaint.

• Si
    sim sin huat Jul 21, 2010

i had sign my Digi broadband service on april in Pisa penang and the offer packet is RM50 per month with 10G and thru my credit card with downpayment RM100.I received the statement on the later of month state that i had sign for the 16g with monthly Rm158.
    I call up digi service centre several time and the service operator told me my issue still pending under investigation and will let me know the outcome between 24 hours or 48 hours.But untill today, i had receiced 3 statement and credit thru my credit card 3 time and was uneable to resovlve my problem.Is really irritating me and i regreted using digi service.
    For digi malaysia, i only can say one thing "very very lousy service"

From sim

unfair king downloader contest

King Downloader game promotion using Digi as wireless platform to win a daily gift (from 01~30-Dec), the top downloader of the day can win the gift. (http://www.digi.com.my/whatshot/promotions/gamepromo/index.do)

I am holding Digi postpaid number, trying to win yesterday (20-Dec) gift which is playstation 3. Before noon time I always the top downloader, after noon time another subscriber challenge to be the top downloader, I don't want to loose the prize so have to download more games to become top downloader. However I found that my donwload is limited to 6 games per hour, whereas the challenger can download more than that.

I feel strange and unfair why my number is limited on 6 download games, so I called to Digi service center to query on the limitation.

Digi explained that:
- Postpaid subscriber limited to RM50 download per hour, each game costs RM8, so 6 games download per hour
- Prepaid subscriber limited to RM100 download per hour, each game costs RM8, so 12 games download per hour

If the download exceed the above limit, then the downloading will be blocked and resume after an hour.

I explained to Digi this is unfair to all postpaid subscriber, because with the above limitation maxinum download per day for:
- postpaid, 24 hours x 6 downloads = 144 downloads
- prepaid, 24 hours x 12 downloads = 288 downloads

The above simple calculation can prove that postpaid subscriber will never win the top downloader.

So I called to Digi service center again, saying the contest is unfair to me (postpaid number), they have to either
- increase my downloading limit, at least same as prepaid subscriber
or
- refund all the downloading credit (already made RM320 download), and I'm not going to continue as it is unfair

Digi escalated the case and will give me the answer within 24 hours.

Today noon time (within 24 hours after reporting) I received a call from Digi, the answer are:
- the download limitation cannot change, it is the law from MCMC
- cannot refund because this is handled by EA, Digi is providing the platform, and EA is the company to hold the service.

The answers made me crazy, I feeling that being cheated and helpless.

What I am thinking is, Digi should at least put the statement that the download limitation is different for postpaid and prepaid subscribers in the 'Terms and Conditions'.

The contest is still carrying on till end of Dec, hope all the postpaid subscriber will not be cheated by the contest because postpaid will never win if with the limited downloading credit.

• Di
    DiGi Game Master Dec 27, 2009

Dear DiGi Gamer, we at DiGi are looking into your complaint. Your claim is verified. The condition of the different of cap spending for both postpaid and prepaid was overlook when the mechanics of the contest was build. We apologize for this. But we thank you for highlighting this to us so that we can refined future contest mechanics. Thank you for your support towards our services.

lousy services

when I was at overseas using DiGi prepaid card (I owned 3 of them!!!) - their *128# was not working due to "upgrading process" that they claimed will "improved customer experiences etc etc"

so I wasn't able to transfer my remaining talktime from one card to another - to keep my numbers active when I am overseas. This lousy *128# is not working until one day all my cards are expired -

and I asked the DiGi customer service to activate one of my card when the *128# is back to normal - they refused to do so, although they admitted their services is indeed not working during that few days...

and after I asked for refund for all 3 my cards - they refused to do so... is it this kind of services that consumer is looking for ?

• Pe
    Peachsundae Jul 29, 2011

I am very disappointed with the response I get when I reported to digi at Times Square that the Home key on my iPhone has been unresponsive.
    Those who use Maxi get their phone replaced on the spot and mine purchares only Jan 2011, I was told you wait we will call you. But its been more than 3 weeks. I had better change to Maxi. Better service

they charged more than I had spent

I have been using Digi prepaid since August 2007. So far, I enjoy using this service as Digi always send some...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices